Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692593 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 9:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Foski01:
Who has an experience on how to get medical examination done fast?
Presently, it is done by booking appointment. You may choose to do any of these. Try to book an appointment with qlife Clinic or IOM to see the dates available. If it is okay by you.
Another way is to look for or appeal with anyone that have an earlier date you can swab with.
Alternatively, is to go there as early as possible to see if you can get any form of assistance to getting an earlier date

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2021
Please get in touch with Frank, but I still know that going for undergraduate is a red flag at this stage. You need to go for an advanced diploma or PGD.

Ivydre:

My application is direct entry, where I have to transfer credits from my ND to proceed with degree programme, also I am more than 22 yrs

Note: all credit transfer have been done and dusted, what's left for me is to get my students Visa and get on campus to start the session.

Please correct t me if I'm wrong at any point in time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fortuneforever: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2021
I can imagine, it's not easy oh emotionally. In this case from the little knowledge I have, applying with your family means you need to show strong economic and social ties, things strong enough to prove to the VO you will come back and your actual intent is to study. Like current employment and financial stability, landed properties, parents, community involvement etc. Also show the VO how you intend to cater for your family during your studies, how having them with you will help you emotionally and stuff like that. All these should be in your SOP.
Aside that there are other factors too like the program you are going for if it relates to your current employment or previous studies in terms of career progression.

No one can categorically tell you if you will get visa or not in the end it's all in God's hands with these VOs

All the best

jfrazzy:

Bro I have little kids
My wife no agree make I travel go first.. She want to be we're ever I am

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gergemam: 10:19am On Jun 03, 2021
Good Morning Good People of Canadian Passport holders

I have questions concerning on migrating to Canada either as a student or worker.

Please what are the steps I need to take?
Is it 100% compulsory that I must have IELTS?
How can I go about my application as a Graduate of Agricultural Engineering but has been on Information Technology role of 5 years now?

Thanks in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 10:35am On Jun 03, 2021
gergemam:

I have questions concerning on migrating to Canada either as a student or worker.

How can I go about my application as a Graduate of Agricultural Engineering but has been on Information Technology role of 5 years now?

Thanks in advance
Good Morning Gergemam, study route seems easier and faster compared to work or EE route.
It is not 100% compulsory, but if you have it, it would be an added advantage to you when applying for Admission and visa application. What you want to study is up to you. But going by the trend here it is better you stick to information technology for career progression. If you can secure a Masters admission or a PGC/PGD in information technology. My advice, please read through previous parts of this great thread and ask questions when you are in doubt.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2021
gergemam:

Thanks in advance

Be careful when you pursue a work visa if you are using an agent as they submit fake documents eg LMIA. Please focus on study visa.

You may need to read the thread and if theres anything you dont understand, You ask

IELTS is not compulsory. Adding it to your app doesnt guarantee a visa and not submitting it does not also guarantee a visa approval.

Do you have any experience in Agricultural Engineering? if no, please stick with your experience and search for schools that offer the course of your choice.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by drhammed: 10:49am On Jun 03, 2021
Are you looking for a funded MSc/PhD position in Neuroscience in Canada?

These Profs (at the University of Alberta) are seeking students for specific research projects.

Meanwhile, this isn't a comprehensive list, so please "cold email" Profs there.

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1400385943564079106?s=21

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 10:59am On Jun 03, 2021
RELAN2446:

Noel obingwa is a former student of the school, i ve seen many Nigerians and African students attending the school, in as little as i know about canada application, in as much the school is a DLI and one can get pgwp. Then its good. What can make the difference is only the course, i.e if the course is not related to ur former course.

Well said

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toluwarnih(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2021
Long post!
Hello and good morning everyone, I've been following this thread for long, but just today I decided to surf through thoroughly.
To be sincere, I've never been so inspired to study outside the country. At first, I went to the USA student travel thread, but my all time love for Canada made me stop reading the posts there and come here.
I've read some testimonies, and I must say my hope gets more strengthened as I go through each one of them.

I'm a 200lv student currently studying one agric related course in Nigeria and I study hard to get good grades. But not so long ago, precisely about two months ago I woke up to a new dream of studying computer science, and my will for getting the dream realized seems to be growing stronger everyday.
I learnt I can't cross to computer science because I didn't do mathematics in my jamb and post utme, and I don't think I can convince dad to make me start over(I'm not the only child, lol). In fact, after much thought, I concluded that the only chance dad can give me to start over is if I can ɠet a scholarship.

So this morning while going through posts about scholarship and and student travels here, I got a new idea. Which is to apply for the computer science course to a school abroad that has scholarship funding. So now, I'm after two things; studying abroad, and in an entirely different field.

Is this possible please, has anyone ever successfully got this pulled off? And how do I go about it, even if only tuition will be covered?

Ps. Not compulsorily a Canadian university please.
Don't mind my blunders and the long post please,
SOMEBODY SHOULD PLEASE ADVICE ME!!!

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 03, 2021
I watched a YouTube video where he stated that he changed his school after he got to Canada.
RELAN2446:

Noel obingwa is a former student of the school, i ve seen many Nigerians and African students attending the school, in as little as i know about canada application, in as much the school is a DLI and one can get pgwp. Then its good. What can make the difference is only the course, i.e if the course is not related to ur former course.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:20am On Jun 03, 2021
I think the best thing for you to do now is apply for a deferral in your school, when a new LOA is given to you, you can then send same through web form to IRCC. My 5kobo advice.
Foski01:
Good morning gurus...

Pls I need help..

I got medical request this morning.

School resumed 17th May, 2021.

There's been no update on application since Feb until today.

So, because I applied for gcms note three weeks ago and still waiting for their response, I'm yet to defer.

What do I now?

Will my study permit application still be valid since I no resumed 17th May 2021?
Note: there's no online option for my program at Conestoga.

What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by winta2007(m): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2021
How can I get a student copy of my transcript and use it to apply for admission in Canada. I do think that most schools in Nigeria do spend transcript direct to the school instead of giving it to the student. Most schools in Canada requires the submission of the student copy. How do I get it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2021
Is it possible to change schools when you get to canada and start at a new school the following semester? Basically, withdraw from one school and then attend another one the following semester. Gurus in the house, pls advise thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JanezBae: 11:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As per the bolded,
the content in the link below might be of help
Await more response from the gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Teenie19:
Is it possible to change schools when you get to canada and start at a new school the following semester? Basically, withdraw from one school and then attend another one the following semester. Gurus in the house, pls advise thanks

Good day @Teenie19

Yes it is very much possible to change schools when you get to canada but ensure to notify IRCC if you do so through your gckey portal.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by iampaulsmith(m): 11:27am On Jun 03, 2021
Congratulations Tolu. Our God never fails! May the land favour you.

ToluDstar:

Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages, I truly appreciate y’all!! The wait wasn’t easy but we thank God for his faithfulness! I got the two emails during prayers this morning! Please never doubt God cause at some point, I began to have some doubts. Only this morning when I woke up did I regain some faith again, just before I got my PPR.
This is such a wonderful birthday gift as my birthday is later this month and God just perfected everything!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 11:27am On Jun 03, 2021
Fortuneforever:
I can imagine, it's not easy oh emotionally. In this case from the little knowledge I have, applying with your family means you need to show strong economic and social ties, things strong enough to prove to the VO you will come back and your actual intent is to study. Like current employment and financial stability, landed properties, parents, community involvement etc. Also show the VO how you intend to cater for your family during your studies, how having them with you will help you emotionally and stuff like that. All these should be in your SOP.
Aside that there are other factors too like the program you are going for if it relates to your current employment or previous studies in terms of career progression.

No one can categorically tell you if you will get visa or not in the end it's all in God's hands with these VOs

All the best

Thank you brother for taking enough time to reply me. I did all that property and government letter from the office and is a two year second degree

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:32am On Jun 03, 2021
winta2007:
How can I get a student copy of my transcript and use it to apply for admission in Canada. I do think that most schools in Nigeria do spend transcript direct to the school instead of giving it to the student. Most schools in Canada requires the submission of the student copy. How do I get it?

Go to your school and apply for your transcript.. if you have a student copy, u can use it to apply for an admission in a college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gergemam: 11:33am On Jun 03, 2021
emmy4Gold:
Good Morning Gergemam, study route seems easier and faster compared to work or EE route.
It is not 100% compulsory, but if you have it, it would be an added advantage to you when applying for Admission and visa application. What you want to study is up to you. But going by the trend here it is better you stick to information technology for career progression. If you can secure a Masters admission or a PGC/PGD in information technology. My advice, please read through previous parts of this great thread and ask questions when you are in doubt.

Thank You for this beautiful piece of Information. I will read through the thread.

I think I would go through Student and because of my experience in Information Technology.

Anon123:

Be careful when you pursue a work visa if you are using an agent as they submit fake documents eg LMIA. Please focus on study visa.

You may need to read the thread and if theres anything you dont understand, You ask

IELTS is not compulsory. Adding it to your app doesnt guarantee a visa and not submitting it does not also guarantee a visa approval.

Do you have any experience in Agricultural Engineering? if no, please stick with your experience and search for schools that offer the course of your choice.

I don't have except that I do poultry farming along with my Information Technology.

Thank you and I am not using an Agent, Nairaland informations and ON GOD should be enough for me by HiS Grace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 11:35am On Jun 03, 2021
Toluwarnih:
Long post!
Hello and good morning everyone, I've been following this thread for long, but just today I decided to surf through thoroughly.
To be sincere, I've never been so inspired to study outside the country. At first, I went to the USA student travel thread, but my all time love for Canada made me stop reading the posts there and come here.
I've read some testimonies, and I must say my hope gets more strengthened as I go through each one of them.

I'm a 200lv student currently studying one agric related course in Nigeria and I study hard to get good grades. But not so long ago, precisely about two months ago I woke up to a new dream of studying computer science, and my will for getting the dream realized seems to be growing stronger everyday.
I learnt I can't cross to computer science because I didn't do mathematics in my jamb and post utme, and I don't think I can convince dad to make me start over(I'm not the only child, lol). In fact, after much thought, I concluded that the only chance dad can give me to start over is if I can ɠet a scholarship.

So this morning while going through posts about scholarship and and student travels here, I got a new idea. Which is to apply for the computer science course to a school abroad that has scholarship funding. So now, I'm after two things; studying abroad, and in an entirely different field.

Is this possible please, has anyone ever successfully got this pulled off? And how do I go about it, even if only tuition will be covered?

Ps. Not compulsorily a Canadian university please.
Don't mind my blunders and the long post please,
SOMEBODY SHOULD PLEASE ADVICE ME!!!

Thanks in advance

Good day @toluwarnih

About the issue of getting scholarships in Canada for an undergraduate degree isn't that hard but getting a fully funded one might be a bit of a problem. I don't think have come across any international student at the undergraduate level who got a full funded scholarship except for those going for masters or Phd's.
But if your results are as good as you say you would surely get scholarship to offset the costs of tuition fees but nevertheless you might still need to pay some part of the tuition fees even if you get it.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 11:43am On Jun 03, 2021
Thank you so much!

Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @Teenie19

Yes it is very much possible to change schools when you get to canada but ensure to notify IRCC if you do so through your gckey portal.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 11:44am On Jun 03, 2021
Chukwuemekatehi:
I think the best thing for you to do now is apply for a deferral in your school, when a new LOA is given to you, you can then send same through web form to IRCC. My 5kobo advice.

Bro... kindly be specific about the actual date u submitted your application..
I submitted Feb 13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Lianna2020:
Nwanyiokpa said he submitted on the 6 of May and got it 28 of May.

I Sent mine to Abuja and I want to see the processing time .

Sent on Friday and they just sent me an email that it’s with ircc and they are processing it

Pls I request earlier that you share how you explain the care for your infant in your LOE.

Still waiting my sister.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 11:53am On Jun 03, 2021
emmy4Gold:
Hi Emmalextemtop, I am not a Gurus. But I will suggest the following.
1. Yes your Dad being your sponsor can provide a sponsorship letter signed by him. He can as well make an affidavit of sponsorship to that effect.
2. 14M and above is fine. Depending on the number of dependant he has.
3. Yes, you can do all of these
4. Your employment is a proof that your finance and assests are good. Do well to submit your salary account statement. Providing pay slips is to show you are genuinely employed. For home ties, you can get a study leave letter from your employer and possibly state how lucrative your job and career is in Nigeria in your SOP
5. Yes......

Thanks very much for your response.
1) So, he will have to type the letter by himself then, i have to get something to draft it...
2) I think 10m should be enough, having paid first semester tution, together with 10cad(3m naira) in my account, right?
4)The salary account will still be my own bank statement.
5)I intend building an NGO, with my course...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2021
Hello!

Greetings.
**Please i have some urgent questions(genuine and trusted answers)**

1) My sponsor is my dad, if as a civil servant(him) without company, can he just give a letter of reference on his own that he is sponsoring me, without any letter headed company?

2)How much should my dad as sponsor have in his account?

3) With dad as my sponsor, i need to upload his Birth Certificate together with mine right? Can i include my 2or 3 siblings too and is our mother necessary?, just to show ties
Or just me & him?

4)If providing employment as home ties, if i provide just 2-3 monthly pay slips of the company in my document for prove, is it okay?

5) Lastly, for we Nigerians, it is GC-key right?
Can we create the account anytime even if am winter(Jan) 2022 or when we are ready to submit visa application?

Thanks for your prompt answers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ivydre: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Sapte:
Please get in touch with Frank, but I still know that going for undergraduate is a red flag at this stage. You need to go for an advanced diploma or PGD.

Please who is Frank and how do I get in touch with him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
I told them that my mum is readily available to take care of him for me while I study.

ifeoluwadayofun:

Pls I request earlier that you share how you explain the care for your infant in your LOE.

Still waiting my sister.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Thanks very much for your response.
1) So, he will have to type the letter by himself then, i have to get something to draft it...
2) I think 10m should be enough, having paid first semester tution, together with 10cad(3m naira) in my account, right?
4)The salary account will still be my own bank statement.
5)I intend building an NGO, with my course...
Yes you are good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hello how are you? any update now?

Theboysquare1:
I just received another correspondence letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
winta2007:

To get your transcript at hand... Give your school a traveling agent email address that u have assess to or create an email address eg.. Westerntravelsandtore@gmail.com .. ensure u put down the password while creating.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toluwarnih(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @toluwarnih

About the issue of getting scholarships in Canada for an undergraduate degree isn't that hard but getting a fully funded one might be a bit of a problem. I don't think have come across any international student at the undergraduate level who got a full funded scholarship except for those going for masters or Phd's.
But if your results are as good as you say you would surely get scholarship to offset the costs of tuition fees but nevertheless you might still need to pay some part of the tuition fees even if you get it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a bunch sir, I'll be on the search for the opportunities asap.

And I'd like to ask how much the "some part" can at least or at most amount to in naira.

I'll really appreciate more responses please, help a brother.
Opportunity ideas from other countries are also greatly welcome, not compulsorily Canada. Thanks in advance, I strongly hope and believe I'll also share testimony on this thread.
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by teejay45: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
Dear All
I was supposed to resume for classes at the Cambrian college in the third week of May 2021 but I am still waiting for a final decision,
I have requested that my admission be deferred to September 2021 and it has been approved.
Do I have to send my new letter of acceptance to IRCC and also notify them of the deferral by sending a webform to Nairobi.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84