Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge (55218 Views)

Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo) / Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) / Likely Successors Of Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by BanevsJoker(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2021
sureEbh:

Apart from OBJ who appointed two COAS from north( Note that MALU was from benue, not core north), neither of Yaradua nor Goodluck Jonathan appointed COAS from the opposite region. So, I wont be surprised if a northerner is still appointed.
Is Benue not North Central? Goalpost shifter.

1 Like

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Poloyanabo2(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2021
Harrisonwo:

COPP is running the force
COPP might have seniors that are posted other places, can he issue command to them despite they being his seniors?
Or is the COPP position always given to the most senior officers?

2 Likes

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Poloyanabo2(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2021
DaddyGoo:

I imagine the CDS who is an Army General will take charge until the new COAS comes in.

Either that or the most senior of the Major Generals by posting/course.
Now imagine where the most senior is posted to an irrelevant position and a junior occupies a strategic position,
Can the junior control the senior?
Based on how the military works.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Soukiss(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2021
Point of correction maj Gen.BEN AHANOTU is for EDO ST not ANAMBRA.I ear
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Quality20(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2021
u guys want an igbo man to be coas at this time that kanu is looking for soldiers n policemen from d east to kill? How would u feel if kanu start commanding n threatening our coas just because he knows his parents,siblings n his properties in d village? Or u guys want an igbo coas who gonna b arming n supporting biafra

2 Likes

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Quality20(m): 5:45pm On May 23, 2021
Soukiss:
maybe Edo- igbo?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Hseffa: 5:46pm On May 23, 2021
longetivity:
Another northerner will replace the late COAS this I have seenp
Get some facts cleared.
There are 6 Geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
SW & SS, of late, haven't been keened on military due to their experiences (MKO & SARO WIWA)
Those names come from each geo-zone. It's South's fault to relapse on military recruitments.
We shouldn't blame North for aggressively trooping to military. Besides, North has 3 zones and South- 3 also!
Nothing unbalanced there my friend.
Na we for South dey chase: Education; Business & Travelling! Na our fault.
Got many friends- childhood, that passed through NDA, all from the South, not less than 25, none currently below rank of Colonels! We saw them as KOLOS then in late "80s. All Good To Go now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by eeetuk(m): 5:48pm On May 23, 2021
"A top military officer told PRNigeria that several factors are considered for the appointment of service chiefs beyond seniority."

I disagree! Not several factors are going to be considered for the appointment of Attahiru's successor. I think given the past record of president Buhari, only one factor will be considered. And that factor is successor must be a northern Nigerian muslim.

President Buhari was born a bigot and has lived that way. And what makes Buhari unchanged man is he is illiterate. An illiterate person doesn't accept change, all that matters is what they believe. That is Buhari!

3 Likes

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by igboboy775: 5:48pm On May 23, 2021
Soukiss:
When did Ahanotu become an Edo name?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by asobo1: 5:49pm On May 23, 2021
rottable:
Is it only northerners that are in this country??

A northerner was there before, another northerner left, another northerner is intending to take over.

It will be better if we rename this country THE NORTHERNER REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
Strategic planning. That's the same aganda buhari is currently fronting. In the next 10-15 years, most of the permanent Secretary n directors of government ministries and parastatals would all be manage by a certain region of the country.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Zeezenho: 5:52pm On May 23, 2021
ozusteve:
If Buhari is an intelligent man, he will appoint that Anambra man and u will see the restiveness in that area will subside because that will shock all the south easterners!!

I pray it never happens because they will use him to fight the south in a brutal way.

For him to have attained such level in the military me must be a full time fulani slave.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 23, 2021
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by asobo1: 5:54pm On May 23, 2021
Hseffa:

Get some facts cleared.
There are 6 Geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
SW & SS, of late, haven't been keened on military due to their experiences (MKO & SARO WIWA)
Those names come from each geo-zone. It's South's fault to relapse on military recruitments.
We shouldn't blame North for aggressively trooping to military. Besides, North has 3 zones and South- 3 also!
Nothing unbalanced there my friend.
Na we for South dey chase: Education; Business & Travelling! Na our fault.
Got many friends- childhood, that passed through NDA, all from the South, not less than 25, none currently below rank of Colonels! We saw them as KOLOS then in late "80s. All Good To Go now.
Those are the ones you know. SE,SW and SS are well represented in the Army. Read the write up again. Over 35 Major General's above Major General Danjuma Keffi. The problem here is that we generalize the north be it NE,NC or NW but there is always distinction when it comes to the south.

2 Likes

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by naija1stnigar(m): 5:57pm On May 23, 2021
That man from the east can only get there if religion and nepotism stops being a tool of selection to the Aso rock mannequin.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by AMINDA: 5:59pm On May 23, 2021
dederocs:
Will PMB surprise us, and appoint the best hands rather than just picking his northern brother.

Is it possible that the best hand can also be from the North? Or should we conclude that whenever it's from the East, it's merit but if from the North, it's quota system?

1 Like

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Mecka: 6:10pm On May 23, 2021
saphiere:
His death looks like a planned one.
why do you think so
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by ArcFresky(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:
How I wish PMB can shock us and give it to someone from the East? But Nah! It's gonna be another northerner.

I don't get you people from the east.

I dislike PMB's method of governance, but you don't expect him to appoint someone without adequate experience and security clearance just because he is from the East.

And what if an Eastern is appointed, you think he will push for Biafra?

The Biafra you are screaming about, do you love each other?
Do you support each other?
Look at Uzodinma and Okorocha, or is it the Ubah brothers?

You have leaders in the senate and reps. Why don't you ask them to request a review of 1914 promulgation and request secession.

The next election is close by, since force and violence has not got Biafra anywhere, why don't you nominate and vote leaders who want Biafra...

Choose Biafra leaders, vote them to the House, let them vote to leave Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by zabuur: 6:16pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:
How I wish PMB can shock us and give it to someone from the East? But Nah! It's gonna be another northerner.

And you would have started pointing accusing fingers to Buhari if the one that just died in the crash was from the East.

Let him pick who deserves it and don't start the regional war again

1 Like

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by xtervaganza(m): 6:21pm On May 23, 2021
We already know it's another daft northerner.

Yoruba nation now

Biafra nation niw
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Ewedegubbler: 6:21pm On May 23, 2021
Ahanotu is the chief of policy and plans, that makes him the 2nd man in the Army. But I don’t think he has a chance of being the COAS. Irabor the Defence chief is an Ika Igbo. You can’t have 2 igbo service chiefs in a Buhari government
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Tareq1105: 6:21pm On May 23, 2021
GOFRONT:
So buhari and his Vice has practically refused to attend the burial procession of their Chief of Army staff??

Ok......I can see a monkey hand begin to look like a human hand in this plane crash matter!!!

What do you expect VP to do when the President picked the Minister of Defense to represent him at the burial ceremony?

In what capacity do you now want Osinbajo to attend when someone lower than him was there to represent and read the speech of his boss?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Gunayo(m): 6:22pm On May 23, 2021
dederocs:
Will PMB surprise us, and appoint the best hands rather than just picking his northern brother.
Never. I repeat never. Not in this life time.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Tareq1105: 6:24pm On May 23, 2021
Ewedegubbler:
Ahanotu is the chief of policy and plans, that makes him the 2nd man in the Army. But I don’t think he has a chance of being the COAS. Irabor the Defence chief is an Ika Igbo. You can’t have 2 igbo service chiefs in a Buhari government

We just need officers that would end this insecurities irrespective of where they come from.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:
And not just any northerner.. a head slamming one
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by smsinnigeria(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2021
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/23/nigeria-army-chief-general-attahirus-possible-successors-emerge/?amp

We are in trial time
We are on verge of collapse
We are currently facing worst time in our history.
We are under northern siege .

1 Like

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by moshino(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:

It should not be a shock if he gives it to Ahanotu, its actually the only reasonable, strategic move to make, considering recent events in the east. They would rather use an eastern army officer to order the military deployments and actions in the south.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by ceaser: 6:44pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:

PMB has the sole right to "being shocked", no other Nigerian does.

So even if he spends 6 months to choose a replacement like he waited during his first tenure, he will still select a northerner, and most likely an incompetent Fulani man. I can bet my money on that and I think 9ja bet should fly the odd of Buhari chosing a northerner on its offerings.

Guys will cash out seriously.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 23, 2021
willybaby:
Going through comments above I can't help but feel shame and disgust, in appointing a new COAS shouldn't the major factor be on capabilities who can solve our insecurity issues but all I see is tribalistic and nepostic comments, if Buhari appoints a chief from the north and insecurity pessist does d north benefit in anyway, likewise if he was to appoint from the south east or south west etc and insecurity persist does the region benefit...

Tribalism now make most think like animals, we claim to be Christians and Muslims serving the Almighty but even atheist who have no fear of the Divine cannot say some things we say, cannot post joyful comments celebrating the death of a man who died in service to his nation..
Disgusting lots...

1.You must be new here. You are welcome...this is how things are around here

2.Once you understand that the dream of every Nigerian is to get a government job, and sit down there earning steady salary for doing nothing, while he or she does his side hustle, and adds money ontop...then you will understand why the ethnicity of a minister, millitary leader, even presdiency is very very important...and you will even get what drives things like Biafra, sharia, oodua, christians vs muslims, etc etc.....
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by AnanseK(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2021
rottable:
Is it only northerners that are in this country??
A northerner was there before, another northerner left, another northerner is intending to take over.
It will be better if we rename this country THE NORTHERN REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Slowly but surely the answers will come out. Please tell us more.

Eleven Persons in the aircraft, all died.
5 Yoruba and 6 Northerners.
Reminds you of January 15, 1966 murders.
Tell us, how many Igbo officers changed their minds and gave excuses to avoid this flight?

THINK!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Gifts Man Who Trekked For Him A Car, Celebrated By His People (Photos) / Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.