Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge (55227 Views)

Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo) / Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) / Likely Successors Of Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by einsteine(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2021
Obasanjo is the only president who appointed a COAS outside his catchment area. So don't expect Buhari to do that. Nigeria is a very tribal nation. Buhari won't sleep well, having Ahanotu as the COAS.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by John4B: 6:47pm On May 23, 2021
He should give it to someone from the north, we don't want to lose anybody in the east
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by seunmsg(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2021
I’m rooting for Major General Ben Ahanotu if he’s truly the most senior officer in the army.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by dederocs(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2021
AMINDA:

Is it possible that the best hand can also be from the North? Or should we conclude that whenever it's from the East, it's merit but if from the North, it's quota system?
Read what I wrote, more slowly...
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by bizzibodi(m): 7:06pm On May 23, 2021
saphiere:
His death looks like a planned one.
Let them appoint a FEMALE COAS;Lt.Gen.Aisha Abubakar b/c d future is FEMALE. grin grin
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by onuman: 7:09pm On May 23, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Be a real niggarrr..... the president and vice can't go because of security reasons.....if you want make the president attend any event then inform them on time no president in the world dey attend any event without informing them on time.....inform them probably 72 hours to the event is okay. Not 24 hours
apart from smoking weed, drinking beer, banging pussy and bombing or being a key board warriors
A real niggarrr should also seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Sunday

Is your own Niggar not worse than the celebrated House Niggar who sought every reason to stop the abolition of slavery for Niggars in America?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by bizzibodi(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2021
Soukiss:
Point of correction maj Gen.BEN AHANOTU is for EDO ST not ANAMBRA.I ear
Na wa oo!una just dey scrutinise every appointee were dey came from.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by SpatialKing(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Be a real niggarrr..... the president and vice can't go because of security reasons.....if you want make the president attend any event then inform them on time no president in the world dey attend any event without informing them on time.....inform them probably 72 hours to the event is okay. Not 24 hours
apart from smoking weed, drinking beer, banging pussy and bombing or being a key board warriors

Previous Nigerian Presidents have visited emergency sites or scenes within minutes after the incidents occurred especially within and around Abuja. ..

The president gives directives to his security team not the other way round. Even in "London has Fallen" US �� President with all the advance intelligence and reconnaissance operations of the Secret Service, he gives them directives to make unexpected stops and unexpected visits to various locations. It is up to the security team to buckle up and make arrangements for the president as required. That's what they are paid and TRAINED for..
They can use a sort of Intelligence Operational Dashboard to know what's, when, how and where something is happening.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by AMINDA: 7:18pm On May 23, 2021
dederocs:

Read what I wrote, more slowly...

I have, and I ask again. Would you believe the person he eventually chooses is the best one, even if he is a Northerner? Or will you only be convinced he has selected the best when the eventual COAS is chosen from another region? Read slowly before you reply.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by AMINDA: 7:25pm On May 23, 2021
SpatialKing:

Previous Nigerian Presidents have visited emergency sites or scenes within minutes after the incidents occurred especially within and around Abuja. ..

The president gives directives to his security team not the other way round. Even in "London has Fallen" US �� President with all the advance intelligence and reconnaissance operations of the Secret Service, he gives them directives to make unexpected stops and unexpected visits to various locations. It is up to the security team to buckle up and make arrangements for the president as required. That's what they are paid and TRAINED for..
They can use a sort of Intelligence Operational Dashboard to know what's, when, how and where something is happening.

LONDON HAS FALLEN? An American propaganda movie I guess. Riddle me this, will the Intelligence Operational Dashboard prevent one of the guards from 'accidentally' discharging a bullet in the direction of the President during the gun salute? Has all the guards for the salute being vetted? Have the contents of their bullets been checked to make sure they are not carrying live rounds? Will it sweep adjoining buildings to make sure a sniper is not lurking around? Idris Deby was allegedly killed by a sniper by the way. Securing the President is not a movie. It's real business.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by eeetuk(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2021
"iampeterben:
How I wish PMB can shock us and give it to someone from the East?."

Why not all Nigerians instead of east?
Easterners [by easterners I mean ibos] are just as bigotry as the fulani. What about ibibio, Edo or Ijaw?

Ibibio, Edo or Ijaw provide Nigeria with 98% of money Nigeria spends annually, yet, they are left out in every thing. I am outraged, but I don't complain like ibos.

When you meet ibo person, you have met black Americans. Ibos and black Americans think the same way. Both complain about discrimination every day. Black Americans think they are being discriminated against if they don't eat in the same restaurants as white. If black Americans don't go to the same school as white, it is due to discrimination. If black Americans don't drive the same car as white, they are being discriminated against.

I write to ask ibos to stop blaming fulani for what every ethnic group in Nigeria is experiencing. We're all victims!
You got it?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by binalas(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2021
It is height of injustice to think that Nigeria is divided into only North, West and East. Also most of you hypocritically pretend that any body that come from North he is from Buhari ethnic group. For goodness sake General Alli-Keffi, General Yusuf as mentioned above have their different ethnic groups just like General Buratai none of them is Hausa or Fulani. Continue your ignorance we are watching.
Kingdemu:
By appointing another northerner as the next Chief of Army Staff, Buhari will allay all doubts that he is ethnocentric. Nigeria is a heterogeneous country and all sections of the country should be included in power structure. There are competent and patriotic army officers from all sections of the country, and by alienating other regions in favour of your own, Buhari is setting a bad precedent that could only fuel more agitations for secessions. Nigerians have never been as divided as we are under Buhari and it has to with his total disregard for federal character and inclusive leadership.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by binalas(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2021
Point of correction, he is from Anambra not Edo. General Alli-Keffi is from Borno not Nasarawa. General Yahaya from Sokoto not Zamfara as mentioned in the thread.
Soukiss:
Point of correction maj Gen.BEN AHANOTU is for EDO ST not ANAMBRA.I ear
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by MrBONE2(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Well said Bwana grin
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by garfield1: 7:59pm On May 23, 2021
asobo1:
Major General Danjuma Keffi is of regular course 38. So if it happens that he is chosen, what happens to the serving Generals of course 35,36 & 37. Let's not also forget that the late General Attahiru was of regular course 36. Buhari it is up to you.

Late attahiru was of regular course 35,hr was the most senior of his course
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Comedian2019: 8:08pm On May 23, 2021
Tinubu tribe can never smell it.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by amdoyin82(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:
How I wish PMB can shock us and give it to someone from the East? But Nah! It's gonna be another northerner.
It will go to Easterner! You watch
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by stasius: 8:24pm On May 23, 2021
Most of them will be retired for the chosen one to be appointed.

Is it not Buhari again?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by stayreal: 8:31pm On May 23, 2021
AnanseK:

Slowly but surely the answers will come out. Please tell us more.

Eleven Persons in the aircraft, all died.
5 Yoruba and 6 Northerners.
Reminds you of January 15, 1966 murders.
Tell us, how many Igbo officers changed their minds and gave excuses to avoid this flight?

THINK!

They were on on a flight to go an discuss plans to fight igbo people, maybe that is why there were no igbos on the flight. God punished them and ended their lives.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by ofiko123(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2021
The successor should be chosen as soon as possible.... Nigeria can not afford not to have an Army chief..
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by garfield1: 8:45pm On May 23, 2021
seunmsg:
I’m rooting for Major General Ben Ahanotu if he’s truly the most senior officer in the army.

He isn't the most senior
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by SweetPoison22: 8:48pm On May 23, 2021
dairykidd:

And not just any northerner.. a head slamming one
You are a compound fool.

1 Like

Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Okoroawusa: 8:57pm On May 23, 2021
GOFRONT:
So buhari and his Vice has practically refused to attend the burial procession of their Chief of Army staff??

Ok......I can see a monkey hand begin to look like a human hand in this plane crash matter!!!
No he didn't attend. Like if he attended you wouldn't have something to say

Ndi uchu
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Okoroawusa: 9:10pm On May 23, 2021
sureEbh:

Apart from OBJ who appointed two COAS from north( Note that MALU was from benue, not core north), neither of Yaradua nor Goodluck Jonathan appointed COAS from the opposite region. So, I wont be surprised if a northerner is still appointed.
So Benue is now "non-core north"?

This goalpost wey una dey shift up and down as una like and when una like e go break on top una head one day.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 23, 2021
SweetPoison22:
You are a compound fool.
Go fvck urself simple fool
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Ferdinandu(m): 9:15pm On May 23, 2021
He should just give it to another Notherner. Imagine the kind story that will be flying about if the dead COAS is this Igbo man General Ahanotu. The voice of kanu, fani kayode, the conspiracy.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Okoroawusa: 9:17pm On May 23, 2021
willybaby:
Going through comments above I can't help but feel shame and disgust, in appointing a new COAS shouldn't the major factor be on capabilities who can solve our insecurity issues but all I see is tribalistic and nepostic comments, if Buhari appoints a chief from the north and insecurity pessist does d north benefit in anyway, likewise if he was to appoint from the south east or south west etc and insecurity persist does the region benefit...

Tribalism now make most think like animals, we claim to be Christians and Muslims serving the Almighty but even atheist who have no fear of the Divine cannot say some things we say, cannot post joyful comments celebrating the death of a man who died in service to his nation..
Disgusting lots...
It is like you are new to the politics section or Nairaland... you are welcome.

It is not an ideal world in here . I am an atheist and my thoughts are purer than those of some Muslims and Christians in here.
Once again, you are welcome...
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by Kingdemu: 10:02pm On May 23, 2021
binalas:
It is height of injustice to think that Nigeria is divided into only North, West and East. Also most of you hypocritically pretend that any body that come from North he is from Buhari ethnic group. For goodness sake General Alli-Keffi, General Yusuf as mentioned above have their different ethnic groups just like General Buratai none of them is Hausa or Fulani. Continue your ignorance we are watching.
Yallaboi kayi mun mummunan fahimta ne, I am a northerner. Read the reasons I gave for my suggestion and stop beating about the bush.
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by babyfaceafrica: 10:02pm On May 23, 2021
garfield1:

He isn't the most senior
who is the most senior?
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by garfield1: 10:10pm On May 23, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
who is the most senior?

It is between general duru and maikobi
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by willybaby(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2021

1.You must be new here. You are welcome...this is how things are around here

2.Once you understand that the dream of every Nigerian is to get a government job, and sit down there earning steady salary for doing nothing, while he or she does his side hustle, and adds money ontop...then you will understand why the ethnicity of a minister, millitary leader, even presdiency is very very important...and you will even get what drives things like Biafra, sharia, oodua, christians vs muslims, etc etc.....
Wow nice points you raised, i wonder if Nigeria can be saved, the corruption and societal decay is overwhelming
Re: General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge by luluman: 10:16pm On May 23, 2021
iampeterben:
How I wish PMB can shock us and give it to someone from the East? But Nah! It's gonna be another northerner.
Shock who? Better wake up from slumber that is a " future impossible tense" president is not taking risk with flattys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country / Pictures Of Boko Haram Members Gunned Down By Soldiers In Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.