Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) (65012 Views)

Nairalander (Mr. Green Man) Survives Ghastly Motor Accident (Pictures) / Baby Fell Out Of Mum's Moving Car, Ran Over By Another Car In U.S.(Pics) / Man Survives After His Car Was Crushed By A Heavy Duty Vehicle (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by Buffalo2(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2021
Calitoscassius:
he probarbly was drunk too.
Yes
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by emmyN(m): 10:48am On May 24, 2021
daddytime:
And no one is talking about the likely cause of most of these accidents...

DUI's, lack of proper car maintenance, and over speeding plus so many who believe driving is all about pushing the automatic gear lever to the alphabet D and zoom....

Most of these accidents are product of drunk driving
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by Legacyy(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2021
this can only be God
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by Cathy0505(f): 10:57am On May 24, 2021
Truly it is your story and your song

Congratulations bro's
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by KenModi(m): 10:59am On May 24, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

Bro from what u saw, what has white people religion got to do with it.
There are situations u see and cannot explain but you give thanks to God. And who told u whites don't have worst accident. Check you facts bro

I have been abroad for almost 10 years now. I have never seen this kind of accident, only heard about it once and guess what, it involved a Nigerian who died on the spot while his white girl friend was left fighting for her life at the hospital.

It is extremely rare to see an accident like this abroad. You can go years without seeing this type of car crash. They only have car scratches (which is rare as well) and the owners of both cars would wait till the police come and resolve the issue. Why is this so? Is it that white people have two heads? No. It is because they know how to organize and manage their system and there are heavy punishments (even life ban from driving) if such deadly accidents happen.

But in Nigeria, we cannot organize ourselves nor our affairs; no working system; no effectively functioning system. Yet we call God night and day and thank him when we get lucky from disasters caused due to our stupidity and carelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by elevy(m): 12:14pm On May 24, 2021
Don't drink and drive next time!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by onegig(m): 12:39pm On May 24, 2021
cdoffx:

Although I don't know the time this accident happened but another very common cause of accidents like this especially at night is that many of those trucks do not have rear lights not reflector at all. I almost ran into one about a month or two ago on the express. It was in the night and it had no single rear light plus it was puffing heavy black smoke so it was completely hidden in the dark. It was a narrow escape for me. Another one was just yesternight, this particular truck went dead right in the middle of the single carriage interstate highway and the driver didn't deem it fit to put a C-CAUTION. I wonder why Road Safety isn't doing something about this trucks plying our highways without rear lights. They are just too much.

Yeah i agree. It's only in Nigeria that you have articulated cars without rear tail lights, no call signals and no c caution when they break down. They would rather put leaves on the roads. Like how are leaves a replacement for reflective c cautions that can be seen from 10s of meters away.

Also driving at night in Nigeria especially interstate is like driving blind. No lane markings , no street lights , everywhere pitch black with zero visibility. I would rather break journeys than do night time driving in Nigeria. If you are forced to do that, speeds have to be limited to levels you can make complete halts in less than 3 to 5 seconds.

4 Likes

Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by onegig(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2021
tit:

The truck in the okadigbo incident clearly has no rear underide bar.

The bars should be compulsory but I doubt that would have helped in that incident.

From the pictures , point of impact was rear right tyre wheel of the truck. Guess he saw it late and tried to swerve and was caught by the rear tyre. More reasons the car crumpled on the driver side and damage was severe there to the point the left passenger door splitted open. Impact wasn't evenly distributed.

1 Like

Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2021
only fools says there's no Go
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by Shimran(m): 3:26pm On May 24, 2021
slimjohn2k5:

That is salvation plan. Repent
Do you know that your crucifixion was mere a claim?
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 5:22pm On May 24, 2021
What is Jesus? Is he God
slimjohn2k5:
Jesus saves
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by phantom24: 10:40pm On May 24, 2021
You cheated death, only GOD can save in this manner. Praise Him forever!
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by tit(f): 12:58am On May 25, 2021
onegig:

The bars should be compulsory but I doubt that would have helped in that incident.

From the pictures , point of impact was rear right tyre wheel of the truck. Guess he saw it late and tried to swerve and was caught by the rear tyre. More reasons the car crumpled on the driver side and damage was severe there to the point the left passenger door splitted open. Impact wasn't evenly distributed.

I prefer to seat behind the driver. A driver usually swerves away from impact, letting the right side of the car, the owner's corner, bear most of the impact.

Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by ORACULUM(m): 6:24am On May 26, 2021
Benz ... Europeans build for safety ...you can imagin how a jap car will squeeze the driver ...Over all...thank God for your safety dude
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 2:20pm On May 31, 2021
You're a mad man. very mad
Re: Man Survives After His Car Ran Under A Truck In Abuja (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 2:21pm On May 31, 2021
very mad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Trapped Under A Container That Fell On Her In Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.