Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

The Joy Of Being Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Joy Of Being Igbo (5508 Views)

When Wike Denied Being Igbo, He Made It Impossible For Anyone To Pick Him As VP / Being Igbo A Crime In Nigeria - Reno Omokri / 'The Overwhelming Joy Of Next Level' As President Buhari Campaigns In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Donca: 8:59pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

YOU ARE IGBO, AND YOU ARE A NARCISSIST.

THAT IS WHY YOU LIED THAT YOU ARE NOT IGBO, JUST TO ADD FALSE/UNDESERVED CREDIBILITY TO YOUR NARCISSISTIC POST.
E pain u die

5 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:00pm On May 23, 2021
djevino:
[s][/s]

Have you begged for unity today?
If no then login with your other account and start begging for unity...clown

Toxic tribalism..

*A loyalty to one's own tribe or social group to the point that dogma and dysfunction become the standard.

Narcissism:

Excessive interest in or admiration of oneself...

''The narcissistic personality has no sense of value except from external approval, admiration, recognition, acceptance and appreciation. This need for such external mirroring is incessant and bottomless. One must keep performing and achieving in order to keep the narcissistic supplies flowing. So achievements are not expressions of who one is, but are pursued to give oneself significance and identity. One’s life, with all its activities and accomplishments, constitutes a shell that is empty and devoid of any sense of self or Being. In such a character, a momentary failure of or disidentification with one’s external achievements makes one feel that one’s life is empty and insignificant. - A. H. Almaas''

https://www.diamondapproach.org/blog/narcissistic-self-everyday-narcissism?gclid=CjwKCAjw-qeFBhAsEiwA2G7Nl9ADPbsyCgWAzgDCTHlthS8qVo6BNjs60oRYVJcU_5JuWrwVEzjHQxoCfEAQAvD_BwE

2 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:01pm On May 23, 2021
Donca:

E pain u die

How can I be pained when I know you are suffering from a mental condition?

You are sick. I feel sorry for you, not ''pained '' by you, you NARCISSIST.

2 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by gwafaeziokwu: 9:03pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

Says a narcissist whose people have settled across Nigeria more than any other ethnicity.

A narcissist will eat from you and then go round telling others that you come to beg him for food daily.

He does this due to his fragile ego that needs constant boosting, failing which he turns extremely depressed.

grin grin

Oga you are quarrelling with SELF LOVE? Unbelievable!

Is it your love? Did anyone force you not to love your heritage.

Igbos are busy selling their image, if your like you buy if you don't like the product face your front.

Or rather carry mega phone and market your heritage. This life na once abeg.

12 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by djevino(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
[s]
Rossiminku:

Toxic tribalism..

*A loyalty to one's own tribe or social group to the point that dogma and dysfunction become the standard.

Narcissism:

Excessive interest in or admiration of oneself...

''The narcissistic personality has no sense of value except from external approval, admiration, recognition, acceptance and appreciation. This need for such external mirroring is incessant and bottomless. One must keep performing and achieving in order to keep the narcissistic supplies flowing. So achievements are not expressions of who one is, but are pursued to give oneself significance and identity. One’s life, with all its activities and accomplishments, constitutes a shell that is empty and devoid of any sense of self or Being. In such a character, a momentary failure of or disidentification with one’s external achievements makes one feel that one’s life is empty and insignificant. - A. H. Almaas''

https://www.diamondapproach.org/blog/narcissistic-self-everyday-narcissism?gclid=CjwKCAjw-qeFBhAsEiwA2G7Nl9ADPbsyCgWAzgDCTHlthS8qVo6BNjs60oRYVJcU_5JuWrwVEzjHQxoCfEAQAvD_BwE
[/s]

You must be high on cow dung
Always spewing trash.
Go tell that to ur president

6 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

I have been following you on this platform for over a decade in different guises - initially you started well with your PAN Africanism adventures but now you seem to have changed into a frustrated angry person, What happened over the years ?

6 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
GROUP NARCISSISM

In social psychology, collective narcissism (or group narcissism) is the tendency to exaggerate the positive image and importance of a group to which one belongs. The group may be defined by religion, social class, race, political stance, language, nationality, employment status, education level, cultural values, or any other ingroup.

While the classic definition of narcissism focuses on the individual, collective narcissism extends this concept to similar excessively high opinions of a person's social group, and suggests that a group can function as a narcissistic entity.

Collective narcissism is related to ethnocentrism. While ethnocentrism is an assertion of the ingroup's supremacy, collective narcissism is a self-defensive tendency to invest unfulfilled self-entitlement into a belief about ingroup's uniqueness and greatness. Thus, the ingroup is expected to become a vehicle of actualisation of frustrated self-entitlement. In addition, ethnocentrism primarily focuses on self-centeredness at an ethnic or cultural level, while collective narcissism is extended to any type of ingroup.

When applied to a national group, collective narcissism is similar to nationalism: a desire for national supremacy. Collective narcissism is associated with intergroup hostility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_narcissism

3 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by djevino(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

I have been following you on this platform for over a decade in different guises - initially you started well with your PAN Africanism adventures but now you seem to have changed into a frustrated angry person, What happened over the years ?

He's not normal.. mentally deranged
Don't ever take him serious

4 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:06pm On May 23, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

Another typical narcissistic reaction - diversion, projection, and lack of accountability.

Anything to avoid facing/addressing the truth of your narcissism.

3 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:10pm On May 23, 2021
djevino:

He's not normal.. mentally deranged
Don't ever take him serious

Keep talking so we can keep diagnosing you.

Collective Narcissism: Characteristics and consequences

Collective narcissism is characterized by the members of a group holding an inflated view of their ingroup which requires external validation.

Collective narcissism can be exhibited by an individual on behalf of any social group or by a group as a whole. Research participants found that they could apply statements of the Collective Narcissism Scale to various groups: national, ethnic, religious, ideological, political, students of the same university, fans of the same football team, professional groups and organizations.

Collectively narcissistic groups require external validation, just as individual narcissists do. Organizations and groups who exhibit this behavior typically try to protect their identities through rewarding group-building behavior (this is positive reinforcement).

Collective narcissism predicts retaliatory hostility to past, present, actual and imagined offences to the ingroup and negative attitudes towards groups perceived as threatening. It predicts constantly feeling threatened in intergroup situations that require a stretch of imagination to be perceived as insulting or threatening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by ablejesus26(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2021
Being Igbo has been my greatest blessing.

5 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:20pm On May 23, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

grin grin

Oga you are quarrelling with SELF LOVE? Unbelievable!

Is it your love? Did anyone force you not to love your heritage.

Igbos are busy selling their image, if your like you buy if you don't like the product face your front.

Or rather carry mega phone and market your heritage. This life na once abeg.

Another trait of narcissism is minimisation.

When confronted about their narcissism, narcissists typically deflect, or minimise the actions which cause their narcissism to be spotted.

In this case, his narcissism is explained as innocuous 'self-love'.

But normal 'self-love' does not open a thread just to glorify one's self simply for being one's self.

Such an act is a classic example of narcissism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

When confronted with their narcissism, narcissists typically deflect and minimise the actions which cause their narcissism to be spotted.

But normal 'self-love' does not open a thread just to glorify one's self simply for being one's self.

ENJOY THIS LITTLE BOY !!! shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajclnOnHc0s

2 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:24pm On May 23, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

The members of a narcissistic ingroup are likely to assume threats or negativity towards their ingroup where threats or negativity were not necessarily implied or exhibited. It is thought that this heightened sensitivity to negative feelings towards the ingroup is a result of underlying doubts about the greatness of the ingroup held by its members.

Similar to other elements of collective narcissism, intergroup aggression related to collective narcissism draws parallels with its individually narcissistic counterparts. An individual narcissist might react aggressively in the presence of humiliation, irritation, or anything threatening to his self-image. Likewise, a collective narcissist, or a collectively narcissistic group might react aggressively when the image of the group is in jeopardy, or when the group is collectively humiliated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Acidiously: 9:38pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

Toxic tribalism..

Narcissism:

[b]Excessive interest in or admiration of oneself...

Why are you behaving like a mad dog off its leach? I love Igbo and have to tell the world the Truth. If loving my heritage is giving you monumental cardiac arrest, I would gladly pull the plug on u. Go for more Wikipedia education

4 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by DLioness(f): 9:38pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:
IGBOS SUFFER FROM GROUP NPD.

NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER.
and you have been GNASHING your teeth

2 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Almaigaa: 9:46pm On May 23, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr102:
I am not Igbo and I regret not being one.

Igbos are wonderful species of God. They are intelligent, industrious and very creative. Their penchant for success knows no bounds.

My prayer is to have an Igbo wife so that my children can also tap into these success and entrepreneurial genes of Igbo people just like the governor of Ondo state Akeredolu.

Chai Igbo Amaka

You want to Marry an Igbo woman? Be prepared for hairy wife grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by OriakuAmara(f): 9:48pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

let the guy be.
What's narcissistic about praising ourselves?
Does it hit your nerve or what

4 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:50pm On May 23, 2021
Acidiously:

Why are you behaving like a mad dog off its leach? I love Igbo and have to tell the world the Truth. If loving my heritage is giving you monumental cardiac arrest, I would gladly pull the plug on u. Go for more Wikipedia education

Virtually every word this guy typed above screams 'narcissist'.

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

-Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
-Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
-Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
-Exaggerate achievements and talents
-Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
-Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
-Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
-Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
-Take advantage of others to get what they want
-Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
-Be envious of others and believe others envy them
-Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
-Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
-At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

-Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
-Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
-React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
-Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
-Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
-Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
-Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

When to see a doctor

People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek treatment.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by ThEGodFaThEr102: 9:54pm On May 23, 2021
Almaigaa:

You want to Marry an Igbo woman? Be prepared for hairy wife grin grin
Better than awon Òmò Wobe, Awon Òmò Olobo council, awon Òmò bend down low, awon Òmò tribal mark bi ti Ologbo Iya Aliu.

5 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by IduNaOba: 9:56pm On May 23, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajclnOnHc0s
Igbo amaka!!!!!!
Ha Gwazie ndị yard ha!!!!
Nwanne anyị nwere ihe niile
Igbo bụ dachịị

Ọcha Tk and Handsome T igbo Amaka says it all!
Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 9:59pm On May 23, 2021
OriakuAmara:

let the guy be.
What's narcissistic about praising ourselves?
Does it hit your nerve or what

Narcissism: Symptoms and Signs

Need for Admiration

One of the most common signs of a narcissist is a constant need for praise or admiration. People with this behavior need to feel validation from others and often brag or exaggerate their accomplishments for recognition. They also like to feel appreciated to boost their ego.

Lack of Empathy

Lack of empathy is another sign of narcissism. This means that the narcissist is unwilling or unable to empathize with the needs, wants, or feelings of other people. This also makes it difficult for them to take responsibility for their own behavior.

Arrogance

People with narcissistic behavior already see themselves as superior to others, so they may become rude or abusive when they don’t receive the treatment they think they deserve. While they hold themselves superior, they may speak or act rudely toward those that they deem are inferior.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/narcissism-symptoms-signs

Other recognised traits of narcissists:

- Sense of self is highly superficial, extremely rigid, and often fragile
- Self-stability depends on maintaining the view that one is exceptional
- Grandiose sense of self is easily threatened
- Patients retreat from or deny realities that challenge grandiosity

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/what_are_the_nine_traits_of_a_narcissist/article_em.htm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by IGBOSON1: 10:03pm On May 23, 2021
Investigative:
If northerners were to be in the position igbos are or attained igbo status in Lagos
They would have conquered Lagos and install an emir

I don't think they would have 'conquered Lagos and installed a Emir'. However, i do believe they would have 'engineered' things by now to the extent Lagos would have had a non-Yoruba as Governor of the state...quite possibly a muslim northerner. See how they've taken over administrative control of FCT....a territory in which all ethnicities and regions ought to have equal stake.

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by OriakuAmara(f): 10:06pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

Need for Admiration

One of the most common signs of a narcissist is a constant need for praise or admiration. People with this behavior need to feel validation from others and often brag or exaggerate their accomplishments for recognition. They also like to feel appreciated to boost their ego.

Lack of Empathy

Lack of empathy is another sign of narcissism. This means that the narcissist is unwilling or unable to empathize with the needs, wants, or feelings of other people. This also makes it difficult for them to take responsibility for their own behavior.

Arrogance

People with narcissistic behavior already see themselves as superior to others, so they may become rude or abusive when they don’t receive the treatment they think they deserve. While they hold themselves superior, they may speak or act rudely toward those that they deem are inferior.

https://www.emedicinehealth.com/what_are_the_nine_traits_of_a_narcissist/article_em.htm
Leave it for us.
we are not complaining.
Stop crying more than the bereaved

5 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Oharina(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2021
Abu m onye Igbo... Igbo na ato m uto nk'ukwu... Na uwa m ozo nez'okwu, aga m alagha chite kwa n'ala Igbo... Igbo kwenu!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by gwafaeziokwu: 10:13pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

When confronted about their narcissism, narcissists typically deflect, or minimise the actions which cause their narcissism to be spotted.

Such an act is a classic example of narcissism.

grin

The summary of your hate induced rant is;
"You guys are supposed to be the ones with the short end of the stick in Nigeria, why the hell are you happy, unfazed, and undaunted in the face of unbridled igbophobia?"

Our glorious reply;
"Kill yaself"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 10:15pm On May 23, 2021
OriakuAmara:

Leave it for us.
we are not complaining.
Stop crying more than the bereaved

I'm EXPOSING you because you need to be exposed.

People who are unfamiliar with narcissism need to be educated on what it is, so they can identify narcissistic behaviour, such as arises from yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Rossiminku: 10:20pm On May 23, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

The summary of your hate induced rant is;
"You guys are supposed to be the ones with the short end of the stick in Nigeria, why the hell are you happy, unfazed, and undaunted in the face of unbridled igbophobia?"

Our glorious reply;
"Kill yaself"

Typical narcissistic response.

4 Narcissistic features exhibited in this post:

- An overwhelming sense of victimization (''short end of the stick in Nigeria'')

- Deliberate misrepresentation of the identifier of narcissism (''hate-induced rant'').

- Brazen lack of empathy - (''Kill yaself'')

- Grandiosity - (''our glorious reply'')

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by Unik3030: 10:21pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

TYPICAL NARCISSIST RESPONSE.

NARCISSISTS NEVER ACCEPT THEY ARE NARCISSISTS.

THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE PERFECT, AND SUPERIOR TO 'NORMAL PEOPLE'.
thats y they have problem with everybody

5 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by mightyhaze: 10:22pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

YOU ARE NARCISSISTS.

THIS IS A TYPICAL NARCISSISTIC POST.

DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING.

I KNOW YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD.
This beautiful and impeccable post ,u have started headbutting..

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by mightyhaze: 10:23pm On May 23, 2021
SEasternVictory:

Here comes the clown of the house !!!
more like the ram of the yard

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Igbo by gwafaeziokwu: 10:23pm On May 23, 2021
Rossiminku:

Need for Admiration

Lack of Empathy

Arrogance

grin

I have small time today, let's go there. What you have displayed so far in this thread and others is a classic display of bigotry.

Bigotry :intolerance of different views, beliefs

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities that are different from their own. Mostly, the person's opinions are based on prejudice. For example, an outspoken member of a political party who blocks those with opposing views, would be a prime example of a ‘’bigot’’.

The origin of the word bigot in English dates back to at least 1598, via French. It started with the sense of "religious hypocrite", especially a woman.

The word bigot is often used as a pejorative term against a person who is obstinately devoted to negative prejudices, even when those prejudices are proven to be false.

Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Biden Takes Selfies, Eats Pizza With US Soldiers In Poland / APC Loses 1 Vote In Oyo (picture) / President Tinubu Make First Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.