Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years (20462 Views)

Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / Football Fans Go Crazy After N'golo Kante's Nutmeg In UEFA Super Cup (Photos) / AC Milan Is Targeting Antonio Conte To Be The Next Club Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by royalamour(m): 6:53am On May 24, 2021
grin
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Churchill6767: 6:57am On May 24, 2021
swarley75:
Their Match with Atlanta looks more like a match fixing, All the other top Italian team were out to get Juve. but Napoli still bleeped up.

Modified Napoli have sacked Gatusso

Very True, I watched it.

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by BabaO2: 6:58am On May 24, 2021
Congratulations Fikayo, Chelsea's poor man management and unable to identifying a future super star is worrisome. Same way we lost Salah, Debruyne and Lukaku, samething we did to Fikayo that will soon haunt us, we kept always wasting money looking for a hyped mediocre to beef up the team why we already have natural talents in our academy, if not Lampard's insistence, we would have lost Mount and Reece.

2 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Lamasta(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2021
After Madrid comes AC Milan as far as the UCL is concern

5 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Mryacks: 7:05am On May 24, 2021
Infrabetatech:
https://www.eurosport.com/football/serie-a/2020-2021/atalanta-v-ac-milan-serie-a-final-day-live_sto8329361/story-amp.shtml

This is for those for like to take every opportunity to abuse arsenal. Ac Milan been away from champions league and not winning anything all these years never stopped them from being a big team or European giant. Teams go thru periods of transition!
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Nobody: 7:08am On May 24, 2021
paulolee:
forza millano...they are back because zlatan came back...cnt wait to see zlatan back in ucl, milan did well winning last nite but their season in the league isnt encouraging, its s perfect example of " the beginning never matters but how it ends"..
as for Napoli eeh, indeed they are the arsenal of italy.
you jus av a simple job which Is to win n give me a perfect weekend but u couldn't...some clubs are just too useless..

What of Leicester that threw away 2 goals lead
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by PrimeWatermark: 7:17am On May 24, 2021
naptu2:
Baresi, Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Massaro, Boban, Savicevic, Maldini, Panucci, Lentini (the most expensive player in the world), Costacurta, Weah, Albertini, Donadoni, Desailly, Gattuso, etc.

Good Old Milan!

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by paulolee(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2021
ANDREW91:

What of Leicester that threw away 2 goals lead
never expected a win from them bcoz Tottenham are bigger than them...
napoli were strong favorites for dt game n was expecting to even see 5-0 at halftime because of UCL qualification at stake
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Greatzeus(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2021
In mase voice, welcome back welcome back welcome back grin
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Bossman25(m): 8:05am On May 24, 2021
Inter Milan was in red hot form.....inter deserve the league.
Las las! Na all of go comot UCL go Europa league

Joshintua:
It's a pity they couldn't fight till d end to win the league, finishing strong is always important than starting string
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by alphaeus212(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2021
Thanks to Zlatan grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by colossus91(m): 8:20am On May 24, 2021
It was painfully watching and supporting my milan go tru all the hard times but Ibrahimovic and Pioli was a deciding factor,Kessie,Donarunnma,Hernandez,calabria Tomori kjaer all gave their all and I'm grateful we are back!!

2 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by mimon79(m): 8:38am On May 24, 2021
FORZA MILAN!!!!!! shocked

To the second most SUCCESSFUL CLUB in Europe! It's good to be back after all the donkey years in hiatus!

This is just the beginning, the true champions of Europe are back! 7 CL titles, and despite our long absence, our record still stands!

Now, management need to get rid of that clueless, tactical inept Pioli and get a world class coach!

I bleed red and black
On both land and in sea
A true Rossoneri knows
The danger we bring
When San Siro is heard
From the pain of our opponents screams! cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by dominique(f): 8:56am On May 24, 2021
Congrats Milan, all the best.

I know one day one day, Arsenal will return to champions league football

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Topmaike007(m): 8:56am On May 24, 2021
Forza Rossoneri...

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by ComputerWiz007: 9:03am On May 24, 2021
naptu2:
Baresi, Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Massaro, Boban, Savicevic, Maldini, Panucci, Lentini (the most expensive player in the world), Costacurta, Weah, Albertini, Donadoni, Desailly, Gattuso, etc.
What is this one saying na..U just dey talk off point.
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by naptu2: 9:07am On May 24, 2021
ComputerWiz007:

grin grin grin

You can never understand, no matter how much you try, because it's not for people like you.

3 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Queenslander(f): 9:14am On May 24, 2021
Congratulations Milan!!
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by SkengRay: 9:19am On May 24, 2021
naptu2:
List is not complete without inzaghi,Abbiati, kaka, Shevchencko,Nesta,Dida,Seerdof and Roberto Baggio

2 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by ThierryJay: 9:22am On May 24, 2021
naptu2:

Great team up there. Even though I know all the above players (except Lentini), the AC Milan team that really caught my fancy was the next generation to your team-list (2000 - 2007).

Inzaghi, Shevchenko
Kaka/Rui Costa/Rivaldo
Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf/Ambrosini
Serginho/Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu
Dida/Abbiati

There was just something about Milan and the San Siro that made them the darling of all Serie A teams then. Hope they return to their glory years.

3 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by naptu2: 9:23am On May 24, 2021
SkengRay:

List is not complete without inzaghi,Abbiati, kaka, Shevchencko,Nesta,Dida,Seerdof and Roberto Baggio

That's why the expression etc is there (that is, it is not a complete list).
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by ThierryJay: 9:24am On May 24, 2021
ComputerWiz007:

Lol, Indomie genkid spotted.
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by naptu2: 9:25am On May 24, 2021
ThierryJay:

Great team up there. Even though I know all the above players (except Lentini), the AC Milan team that really caught my fancy was the next generation to your team-list (2000 - 2007).

Inzaghi, Shevchenko
Kaka/Rui Costa/Rivaldo
Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf/Ambrosini
Serginho/Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu
Dida/Abbiati

There was just something about Milan and the San Siro that made them the darling of all Serie A teams then. Hope they return to their glory years.

The 1989-1994 AC Milan squad was like a fantasy team. Remember that there were restrictions on the number of overseas players that could be signed, yet it was such a star studded team.

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Ayobami7(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2021
Congrats
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by ThierryJay: 9:29am On May 24, 2021
naptu2:

The 1989-1994 AC Milan squad was like a fantasy team. Remember that there were restrictions on the number of overseas players that could be signed, yet it was such a star studded team.

True. Franco Baresi oversaw the most successful spell in Milan's history as captain during his time which covered that period. The 1989-94 team still holds the record for the longest unbeaten run in all competitions I believe.

Though not a Milan fan per se, but I admired them from afar and they were my fav in Italy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by hstar: 9:35am On May 24, 2021
same here
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Sufisunni: 11:54am On May 24, 2021
Hmmm! My Club is back to Champions league

1 Like

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by peressteve: 11:54am On May 24, 2021
post=102004052:
Welcome Back Welcome Back Welcome Back.

Seems it is only their fans that missed then.

We didn't feel their absence one bit!

Football don tie wrapper wear gele.........
u be new generation fan wetin u know about football ? Everybody wey know ball I no talk of una generation they miss Milan present
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by Jerekre(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2021
Forza Milan
Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by peressteve: 11:59am On May 24, 2021
mimon79:
FORZA MILAN!!!!!! shocked

To the second most SUCCESSFUL CLUB in Europe! It's good to be back after all the donkey years in hiatus!

This is just the beginning, the true champions of Europe are back! 7 CL titles, and despite our long absence, our record still stands!

Now, management need to get rid of that clueless, tactical inept Pioli and get a world class coach!

I bleed red and black
On both land and in sea
A true Rossoneri knows
The danger we bring
When San Siro is heard
From the pain of our opponents screams! cool
abeg I need una contact all milanista abeg let’s create a platform

2 Likes

Re: AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years by ofiko123(m): 2:02pm On May 24, 2021
Congratulations to A.C Milan on their return to the champions league....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ / Which Country Do You Want Nigeria To Face In The World Cup Qualifiers Play-off? / Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.