Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails (1775 Views)

70 Percent Of Nigerians Are Poverty Stricken – Wole Olanipekun / Alfred Olufade's Father, George Olufade: Late Pilot My Only Son / Alfred Ayodeji Olufade: Newly Married NAF Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by Fidelarinze9(m): 8:03am On May 24, 2021
VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails
By Nneoma Benson - May 23

Palpable sorrow and misery hung in the air during the funeral of 11 Nigerian military officers who died in an aircraft that crashed on Friday in Kaduna State. All passengers aboard the ill-fated aircraft perished, including the country’s Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Ibrahim.

The atmosphere at the funeral ground on Saturday looked heavy with unspoken words even though the sun shone brightly.

“This was not the plan,” the young wife of FLT LT Olufade Ayodimeji Alfred, the pilot who flew the doomed aircraft, could be heard saying and wailing as the remains of her late husband was being reposed.

https://twitter.com/TheWhistlerNG/status/1396521624464154634?s=19

Grief lingered all over her face and one could feel the heaviness of sorrow weighted on her as she held Alfred’s portrait close to her chest.

She apparently did not foresee herself becoming a widow barely three months after marrying Alfred.

The late pilot’s father, George Olufade, told THE WHISTLER at the funeral ground that he had already taken solace in God, but prayed for God to console his only son’s wife and family.

“…as a Christian, God gives and God takes, glory be to his name. I only pray for God to console the wife, console my wife, console my entire family and hold us strong because his name is double happiness — Ayo tun dimeji. He is my only son,” he said struggling to hold his tears.

Mr Olufade revealed that his late son had always called him to seek his prayers whenever he was to fly an aircraft, but said the last trip that claimed his life was different.

“Each time he is flying, he tells me, “daddy I am going to fly, bend down and start praying,” but this last one, he didn’t tell me but God knows better. It has not been my prayers that kept him. He (God) gave me Ayodimeji and he is taking him,” Olufade had said while seated in a Siena bus awaiting the arrival of his son’s remains at the National Military Cemetery in Abuja. He and his wife appeared in all-white attire, as they received condolences from families around.

Source: https://thewhistler.ng/video-this-wasnt-the-plan-grief-stricken-wife-of-late-pilot-olufade-wails/amp/

Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by Fidelarinze9(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2021
Mynd44
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by Pmpm: 8:25am On May 24, 2021
angry
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by baralatie(m): 8:49am On May 24, 2021
The main grief she is experiencing right now is not funny at all!
I had a female nurse as a neighbor.her husband died in a road accident on his way to their traditional marriage.she never was the same again.
I pray that the Lord God of mercy be with you,comfort all the women and families involved as give them healing

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by Nobody: 9:07am On May 24, 2021
Looking at her now makes my heart ache... I've also dropped few tears for you madam.... Time will heal you... It's not easy but it will be possible. Take heart ma.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by NOwazobia: 9:13am On May 24, 2021
Too bad.

I feel her pains.

The brevity of life that leaves untold sorrow.

Truly, is all some fucking vanity in this dungeon we called life!

Toiling and toiling only to end up in the grave.

O! Death, why art thou so cruel? Making kids orphans, wives widows, husband's widowers, parents childless, the rich destitute, replacing joy with pains at the blast of your grenades...
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by delpee(f): 9:43am On May 24, 2021
Terrible grief. Most disheartening news for any family. Lord please strengthen and uphold them. Give them your peace which passes all understanding and restore them to your goodness in your divinely appointed way. Amen
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by sacajawea: 10:25am On May 24, 2021
baralatie:

I had a female nurse as a neighbor.her husband died in a road accident on his way to their traditional marriage.she never was the same again.
Till today abi?
How many years ago was that?
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by baralatie(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2021
sacajawea:

Till today abi?
How many years ago was that?
She died single .she was never able to get over that loss!
So sad!
Her death is now more than 5 years !
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by sacajawea: 3:04pm On May 24, 2021
baralatie:

She died single .she was never able to get over that loss!
So sad!
Her death is now more than 5 years !
Wait sorry oh, how old was this Person, and how many years apart was it from death of spouse till her own Death
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by baralatie(m): 5:31pm On May 24, 2021
sacajawea:

Wait sorry oh, how old was this Person, and how many years apart was it from death of spouse till her own Death
She was to get married in her twenties before my neighbours mom who was a teacher and married late.she died in her early 60s.she never remarried,never dated,never did jack.so imagine how long she stayed.
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by Fidelarinze9(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2021
baralatie:

She was to get married in her twenties before my neighbours mom who was a teacher and married late.she died in her early 60s.she never remarried,never dated,never did jack.so imagine how long she stayed.

Chai, life!
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by baralatie(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2021
Fidelarinze9:

Chai, life!
It was a very painful experience for her!
Re: VIDEO: ‘This Wasn’t The Plan’ — Grief-Stricken Wife Of Late Pilot Olufade Wails by Sisterhot(f): 6:28pm On May 24, 2021
...that's same way many family cried cos of his boss coas the chief terror , if I am the one I would av dump him B4 his death ... People follow terrorists for money n think they av arrived...no pity for her

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans Voted In A Referendum To Leave Nigeria On 26th May, 1967. / Obi Will Win This Coming Election, But… / Hold Your Unfortunate Father Responsible Not The Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.