Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them (1016 Views)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Wonderfull!!: Snake Man Attacks Prophet Jeremiah Inside Church (video) / Sadistic Religious Fanatic: Mother Teresa Was No Saint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by SSIPON(m): 8:53am On May 24, 2021
I used to go to a religious school, a catholic one, and we did a whole term on mother teresa, we were taught that she was a wonderfull person, someone who left her home to care for young children in Calcutta, and that we should try to be like her. Since i was young, and since i didn't have my own computer, i just believed them without question.

A few years later, around half of everyone in my year, including me are athiests. I was shocked by what people were saying about her. After some research i found out that it was true, what they were saying. I honestly can't believe that my school lied about who she was like. Anyone else educated like this?
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by Kobojunkie: 8:55am On May 24, 2021
SSIPON:
I used to go to a religious school, a catholic one, and we did a whole term on mother teresa, we were taught that she was a wonderfull person, someone who left her home to care for young children in Calcutta, and that we should try to be like her. Since i was young, and since i didn't have my own computer, i just believed them without question.

A few years later, around half of everyone in my year, including me are athiests. I was shocked by what people were saying about her. After some research i found out that it was true, what they were saying. I honestly can't believe that my school lied about who she was like. Anyone else educated like this?
What's even more shocking about your story is you claim you believed what your "school" said. undecided
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by Emmanuelcann: 9:17am On May 24, 2021
The Catholic Church is a very powerful organisation and has been a world player for over a thousand years. It's a master of deceit and falsehood. Read the Bible and you will discover for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by SSIPON(m): 9:20am On May 24, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
The Catholic Church is a very powerful organisation and has been a world player for over a thousand years. It's a master of deceit and falsehood. Read the Bible and you will discover for yourself.

The Bible is filled with errors too.

1 Like

Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by Emmanuelcann: 9:21am On May 24, 2021
SSIPON:

The Bible is filled with errors too.
My KJV 1611 has no single error.
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by SSIPON(m): 9:25am On May 24, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
My KJV 1611 has no single error.
That's what every religion says. Even Muslims claim there is no error in their religious book. Jews claim there is no error in the Torah. So who are you to believ

1 Like

Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2021
Are you sure it's not all of your former classmates that have become atheists?

Please check again oh.

2 Likes

Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by Emmanuelcann: 12:54pm On May 24, 2021
SSIPON:

That's what every religion says. Even Muslims claim there is no error in their religious book. Jews claim there is no error in the Torah. So who are you to believ
I don't defend anything other than the one I know to be true. Not to worry, the creator can confirm, afterall death is a privilege everyone gets to enjoy. We'll find out soon enough!
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by KnownUnknown: 3:32pm On May 24, 2021
Emmanuelcann:

The Catholic Church is a master of deceit but you read the Bible compiled by the Catholic Church and people connected to it. So, your beliefs are shaped by the master of deceit and falsehood.
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by Emmanuelcann: 4:17pm On May 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

The Catholic Church is a master of deceit but you read the Bible compiled by the Catholic Church and people connected to it. So, your beliefs are shaped by the master of deceit and falsehood.
Go back and conduct your research properly!
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by bobestman(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Gbam.
They are the mother Church. All Churches came out from them and have about 70% of their dog-trines which is falsehood. The true scriptures was a sealed book. No one can understand it cos it is full of codes. The Messiah himself taught in parables and people find it difficult to understand even his disciples. He only made his disciples understand few things in private not everything. This is cos the truth will only be revealed at endtime when the children are gathered- Daniel 12:4; Isaiah 11:11-12. All the religion in the world today are full of corruption. Flee from them and study the bible yourself and the truth will come to you. Fear and obey your Creator. He has a son who will rule this world one day. The bible is a coded book but we must continue studying it till the Messiah comes to remove the codes.
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by bobestman(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2021
I only heard good things about Mother Theresa. There are two set of white people that came to Africa. Those who came for slaves and those who brainwashed us with religion so we will be obedient to them(the Massa's) and never fight or revolt against our slave masters. They are together. We are African knew the Creator before the pinks came. Our disobedient to him made him allow them to punish us. They stole the book our ancestors refused to study- the Tree of Life. In Igbo, tree of life is NduOrah. The fake Jews corrupted it to Torah. They then force us to buy and read it. All these are written Deutronomy 28. The bible is black history and the true names of the Creator are in our African tongues.

Many things they taught us in school are lies. They told us Mungo Park discovered River Niger. A River that had been here since creation. Mungo Park that was killed by Mosquitoes and Dysentery for eating too much of our Mangoes- lol

Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by petra1(m): 7:09am On May 25, 2021
SSIPON:

What did she do wrong.
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by AeroplaneApple: 3:38pm On May 25, 2021
Op you are on the right path to discover truth.
You have to question what you have been taught in order to find the truth.

Atheism is the first stage to becoming a better Christian. At this point stage, it means you are not following church-tradition blindly

The ultimate reality, creator, is real
Re: My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them by jamesid29(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2021
SSIPON:

First off, no human is perfect.
Even the best of us is flawed, hence one of fundamental truths of Christianity is the need for a saviour and God's saving grace. Left alone to our own devices we would mostly chose evil because part of the human condition is the internal brokenness every human can recognise within themselves.

Regardless of this fact, historically we've always still chosen to recognise those who devoted their lives to noble causes or in servitude of others.

What's fascinating about this modern era is this generation's moral grandstanding and constant demonization of the past and of others.
Rather than understanding history and others from a holistic view(the good, the bad, the ugly and all the nuances in-between) , we would rather just simplify things and focus on solely on the ugly (most of the times even putting spins on them).
Even those who have done immense good with their lives are not left unscathed. From Ghandi to mother Teresa.

Ironically, those who did so much evil(or ideologies that enable such grandscale evil) seem to be the ones that we tend to raise up to elevated status in this modern era (from the rise of communist ideas to the elevation of extremists and extremist ideas)..

Anyway, it is well.

(1) (Reply)

“hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language, Don’t Be An Illiterate” – Pastor Sparks / Who Can Interpret This Jesus teachings To Me? / 15 Reasons Why I Left Islam To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.