Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Tribalistic Comments On NL - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tribalistic Comments On NL (405 Views)

‘I Killed My Parents Over Blasphemous Comments Against Prophet Muhammad’ / See The Comments That Made Me Realize Yahoo Yahoo Has Finished Our Youths / Lagos Police On Chidinma Ojukwu's Video: 'No More Comments' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalistic Comments On NL by Abosi31(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2021
Dear Mods,

I’m a regular on NL. I’ve been for few years. But I just realized today that over the last one year, there’s something strange and dangerous - tribalistic comments are always glaring: in EVERY comment section on EVERY post on NL.

Why?

I believe (most) folks here are progressives and mature, who are literate enough to discard ethnic fanaticism and tribalism. It’s painful because it has become a norm on here, and there’s nothing strange about how hurtful and needless insults are thrown on handles based on their ethnic backgrounds - we have gotten used to it and we don’t realize just how deep we are in the pit of tribalism.

Why does Nairaland reek of tribalism? Why are tribalistic and incendiary comments overlooked by mods? How can we make here a less toxic and more intentional space for us all?
Re: Tribalistic Comments On NL by PlayMaker14: 9:10am On May 24, 2021
NP; "If You Ask Me" by Omawumi...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalistic Comments On NL by boy16(m): 9:14am On May 24, 2021
In Nigeria, tribalism wouldn't allow us understand that no crime is endemic to a particular region.

You people calling for division in Nigeria, thinking that will solve Nigeria's problem.

Have you ever ask yourself, those Elites in control of Nigeria's resources, Are they only from the North?

Is Tinubu from the North?

Is the Evil CBN governor not from the south?

If we those start preaching unity, patriotism and love, division will only make things worse!

PS. "So I made the ultimate status saver app(all popular social platforms images/videos/stories savers in one app). It's now live on google playstore for android users.

Kindly check out, download and give a rating

Thanks.�❤

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unisaver.statussaver
Re: Tribalistic Comments On NL by ceejay10(m): 3:14pm On May 24, 2021
Tribalism is the bane of our society in general. Not peculiar with Nairaland alone. It's in every sphere of the country. It has only gone a notch recently fuelled by the tribalistic and nepotistic dunce we have as President through his appointments and comments.

1 Like

Re: Tribalistic Comments On NL by apatheticme(f): 12:27pm On May 25, 2021
Abosi31:
Dear Mods,

I’m a regular on NL. I’ve been for few years. But I just realized today that over the last one year, there’s something strange and dangerous - tribalistic comments are always glaring: in EVERY comment section on EVERY post on NL.

Why?

I believe (most) folks here are progressives and mature, who are literate enough to discard ethnic fanaticism and tribalism. It’s painful because it has become a norm on here, and there’s nothing strange about how hurtful and needless insults are thrown on handles based on their ethnic backgrounds - we have gotten used to it and we don’t realize just how deep we are in the pit of tribalism.

Why does Nairaland reek of tribalism? Why are tribalistic and incendiary comments overlooked by mods? How can we make here a less toxic and more intentional space for us all?

NairaIand is a microcosm of the nation!

The recent surge in tribalistic and incendiary comments as you posited simply reflects the current state of the nation!

Never has the country been more divided across ethnic, religious and social cultural lines than this! It therefore would reflect on such a forum as this which is a miniature representation of the country!

May God see us through till this tenure ends in 2023!

(1) (Reply)

Face-off In Umuahia Industrial Market: Lives Reportedly Lost, Security Vehicles / NEF Gives Position On IPOB/MASSOB Quest For Referendum / A New Scammer Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.