Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim (2970 Views)

Police Arrest Yoruba Nation Agitators For Hijacking Radio Station / Ekiti Is A State Of Professors Not Illiterates..Voters Say No To Vote Buying / Simon Ekpa: IPOB Members Are Stark Illiterates, Nomadic Biafrans Without Brains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by Idiko1: 11:55pm On May 24, 2021
abifarinajii1:
Governance is not about emotions and critical issues about the future of our country should subjected to sound and convincing logic..Majority of the reactions posted here in reactions to Olawepo-Hashim position on Nigeria and the balkanisation agitators are largely driven by emotions, and unfounded logic. I agree with him that most of the agitators are either mischievous or too empty on the history of Nigeria.
Our problem today is not about the size of the country or its diversity (in fact, that is our strength), but the mismanagement of the country resources which is done by the vultures from all tribes.
In fact, we should be grateful for the voice of reason like Olawepo-Hashim, that has become the lone voice in this present wilderness of confusion"
Olawepo Hashim was a year ahead of me in the Mass Comm dept of University of Lagos, and we are together in the Students Movement. He is not frivolous. I can testify.

Please for posterity sake, tell me what the full on the history of Nigeria had added to the shithole for more 60 years of existence? Those who want Nigeria as presently configured are bunch of insincere con artists.
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by Elliot2(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2021
theTranslator:

We shall get over it
The main reason I want to secede is because of our indeginious culture especially our languages
English is killing it
It pains me how children abandon their languages

For our indeginious languages to survive they have to be a first language somewhere
So long as we remain one without any efforts or room to keep our unique identities alive, we will lose it. Generations to come will be left with history, and that could be distorted.
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by theTranslator: 12:01am On May 25, 2021
Elliot2:
So long as we remain one without any efforts or room to keep our unique identities alive, we will lose it. Generations to come will be left with history, and that could be distorted.
We need true federalism badly
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by Elliot2(m): 12:10am On May 25, 2021
theTranslator:

We need true federalism badly
Yea. The only way to pacify the north and they would agree to true federalism is if, we give them a time frame to develop themselves to be reasonably self sustaining. And that would mean using the wealth of the south to develop it. But, I am afraid, they are too arrogant to accept this noble idea, even though it is a great sacrifice on our part. The problem of the north is not the average northerner, but it is the elites. Same way our problems are in the south.
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by theTranslator: 12:19am On May 25, 2021
Elliot2:
Yea. The only way to pacify the north and they would agree to true federalism is if, we give them a time frame to develop themselves to be reasonably self sustaining. And that would mean using the wealth of the south to develop it. But, I am afraid, they are too arrogant to accept this noble idea, even though it is a great sacrifice on our part. The problem of the north is not the average northerner, but it is the elites. Same way our problems are in the south.
And they can't challenge thier elites like we can because they are largely uneducated
The northern oligarchy know that education is very useful
And religion is another very effective tool too
Religion made the powerful Persia(Iran) lower than the Arabs
It made the Ottoman(Turkey) a joke

What the south is lacking in is UNITY
The north has this in abundance
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 12:31am On May 25, 2021
cool
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by Elliot2(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2021
theTranslator:

And they can't challenge thier elites like we can because they are largely uneducated
The northern oligarchy know that education is very useful
And religion is another very effective tool too
Religion made the powerful Persia(Iran) lower than the Arabs
It made the Ottoman(Turkey) a joke

What the south is lacking in is UNITY
The north has this in abundance
It is a pity. The average Fulani or Hausa is a victim of the religious indoctrination of the elite as tool for suppression and exploitation. And they will continuously remain victims until something major happens and they break free. The greatest fear of the elite north in the event of a breakup or restructuring is not about loosing their enjoyment of our resources in the south, but the uprising within the north, when the average northerner realises that they have been played by their elite. That moment when the crumbs thrown at them by the elite stops, they will ask questions. And also that moment the south develops astronomically leaving them behind, some of them will ask questions. Methink our separation or restructuring will not only help the south, but it will help break free the bondage the average northerner is put by their elite.
Truly, we need unity in the south. I can not fathom why we lack unity in the south, it is robbing us of our progress.
Re: Agitators For Biafra, Yoruba Nation Are Illiterates - Olawepo Hashim by bilms(m): 10:28am On May 25, 2021
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo Was Spotted Harvesting Crops In His Farm / Obidients Hold Rally For Peter Obi & Labour Party In Fagge LGA, Kano State / You Mean People Can't See That Obi Has Won Already Despite This Evidence?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.