Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis (31641 Views)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Ugu Farming On A Two Plot Of Land. How Profitable? (pics) / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by murade: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2022
Deasegun19:
I like this detailed analysis.
Good lecture, pls give your phone contact
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by murade: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2022
Deasegun19:
I like this detailed analysis.
send your contact to my whatssapp contact 08035169616
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by eljp(m): 10:54am On Dec 12, 2022
What is the average expenses and profit for cultivating a plot of land?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
Yes, that's our business supplying farmers with Ugu Seeds to any part of Nigeria and West Africa.

We supply for Plots, Acres and Hectares

Anytime and Anyday

Adepate:
An interesting analysis. Do you still have the Ugu seeds in large quantity?

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kindly read through the post again, I have analysed everything A-Z

eljp:
What is the average expenses and profit for cultivating a plot of land?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
I will give you a call, you can also check my signature for my WhatsApp and Mobile line

murade:
send your contact to my whatssapp contact 08035169616
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:16pm On Dec 12, 2022
Am hearing this for the first time, hope no issues. You can share the experience with us on why you don't consume Ugu

Sleekfingers:

Not everyone eat UGU ...I don't eat it.

1 Like

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ugu price is increasing gradually.

But we are still selling at great discount #8, 000 per bucket while per seed goes for #30 of you're buying from 500 Seeds and above

Get in touch with me to place your order

mcgift:

Ugu here is been sold for 10k per bucket
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
They finance the project and we provide the expertise and manage the farm for the financier

yemi1504:

How do you partner with those who have finance but have no time to farm sir?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Yes, we can provide you virtual assistance as long as you have the time and willingness to learn, we can also visit your farm from time to time and provide on site support and as we do you're learning as you observe.

So is no rocket science

Oladipo23:
This is a good idea..I am very much interested in this but will need a proper guidelines on a to start,Or maybe how to plant and all that
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by yemi1504: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
veggieman2be:
They finance the project and we provide the expertise and manage the farm for the financier

And how much is your cut at the end of the day? Cut out of sales or cut out of profits?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
We have our own Organic Fertilizer that is perfect for Ugu.

A bag is 25kg and we sell at #13,000.

All you have to do is after preparing your land 5 days before planting mix the fertilizer (It comes in powder form) with 300 liters of water and apply on the planting holes.

You won't need any application again until harvest, very powerful organic fertilizer

mcgift:
Am an ugu farmer, all I need now na money for fertilizer.. fertilizer is now been sold for almost 30k per bag... Only God can help. OP abi how much be fertilizer for your side

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ugu don't really survive long in it's pods after harvesting the pods, once the moisture content in the pods get dried the Ugu will start loosing it's moisture and start drying inside the pods

So for now don't bother about buying pods and keeping when you're not ready to plant

And I'd you're a Farmer still leave the pods in the farm a longer time, also start advertising for its sale especially if you're not ready for another planting that period your pods were ready, if you sell your pods keep the money and when you're ready for planting buy seeds from another farmer but make sure you but viable Ugu seeds that produces broad leaf like our Ugu Seeds

madapcmod:
How do you preserve the seedlings .

I normally leave them inside the pods, but this make some of the seeds to rotten

1 Like

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
Great. You can start little to learn the ropes and scale up later

Higgies:
This is great … I’m going into this business ASAP
Inshaallah
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
You're the one setting up the farm with our guidance, we are just managing it for you and share the profit as stated earlier

70% for the farm owner (Investor) and 30% for us

yemi1504:

And how much is your cut at the end of the day? Cut out of sales or cut out of profits?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by yemi1504: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
veggieman2be:
70% for the farm owner (Investor) and 30% for us

Of sales or of profits? Minimum to invest sir?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
Thanks to everyone that called personally to show appreciation for the post and to also ask few questions and to those that commented on the thread, a big shout out to you all.

For those asking for my number you can check my signature for my number to call, it also does Wasapp, my number is below this message and ends with the #93

You can also join my Ugu Farming group as shown on my signature as well
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2022
It depends on the agreement reached whether of each cut and sale or profit at a particular period

yemi1504:

Of sales or of profits? Minimum to invest sir?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by yemi1504: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
veggieman2be:
It depends on the agreement reached whether of each cut and sale or profit at a particular period

Minimum to invest nko?
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
You know your pocket size. You're building your farm and we provide experience/expertise to enable you make it.

Ours is to support and manage the farm for you, it belongs to you so you're not investing into our our rather you're establishing your farm with our guidance

We will be physically present to setup from preplanting to planting to harvesting

In a nutshell we setup your farm and we provide all the support you will need

yemi1504:

Minimum to invest nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by yemi1504: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2022
veggieman2be:
You know your pocket size. You're building your farm and we provide experience/expertise to enable you make it.

Ours is to support and manage the farm for you, it belongs to you so you're not investing into our our rather you're establishing your farm with our guidance

We will be physically present to setup from preplanting to planting to harvesting

In a nutshell we setup your farm and we provide all the support you will need

Thank you sir. Once I am ready, I have your contact sir and I will get across to you there sir.
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by Sleekfingers: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
veggieman2be:
Am hearing this for the first time, hope no issues. You can share the experience with us on why you don't consume Ugu

Kinda sending me to the toilet unnecessarily after consuming it. That's why I stopped eating it , like over 20 years ago or there about....
Though , I eat other vegetables bitter leaf , shoko, water leaf , oha , Tete etc they don't give me any problem. Except UGU.......
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2022
Really. Sorry about that. Have you tried mixing Ugu and Waterleaf together. What kind of soup because Egusi soup do cause stomach upset for some if they don't add bitter leaf

Have you tried Ugu Smoothies

Sleekfingers:

Kinda sending me to the toilet unnecessarily after consuming it. That's why I stopped eating it , like over 20 years ago or there about....
Though , I eat other vegetables bitter leaf , shoko, water leaf , oha , Tete etc they don't give me any problem. Except UGU.......
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2022
Ok

yemi1504:

Thank you sir. Once I am ready, I have your contact sir and I will get across to you there sir.
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by Deasegun19(m): 4:53am On Dec 14, 2022
murade:
Good lecture, pls give your phone contact send your contact to my whatssapp contact 08035169616
I am not the farmer na... check again
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by Sleekfingers: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2022
veggieman2be:
Really. Sorry about that. Have you tried mixing Ugu and Waterleaf together. What kind of soup because Egusi soup do cause stomach upset for some if they don't add bitter leaf

Have you tried Ugu Smoothies

Thanks.

I eat Egusi . E.g Egusi ijebu soup , water leaf Egusi soup , Bitter leaf Egusi soup etc It doesn't gives me any problem.
Maybe I will give UGU smoothie a try....I will make sure , it is at home....
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Give it a shot

Sleekfingers:

Thanks.

I eat Egusi . E.g Egusi ijebu soup , water leaf Egusi soup , Bitter leaf Egusi soup etc It doesn't gives me any problem.
Maybe I will give UGU smoothie a try....I will make sure , it is at home....

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2022
We are here for you �

Place your order for the best quality broad leaf, strong, bold, and longer lasting 1 year plus Ugu seeds Basin/Calabar Broad Leaf

Wish yourself good by planting the best seed from the beginning and enjoy this year dry season farming Ugu Business

We supply for Hectares, Acres and plots

We are selling at Great discount price now!

DM me for more details via my signature

1 Like

Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 7:16am On Dec 16, 2022
IN SUMMARY

You don't need to have a whole plot of land to start, or have all the money in this world to begin. You can begin with the little land you have access to and take the above steps to learn and gain mastery before scaling up.
- Clear the Land
- Add your Compost or Animal manure
- Buy your seeds from the market, half paint or paint or more depending on the size of the land.
- Plant as indicated, one per hole at a depth of 5cm with a spacing of 60cm between plants,
remember to place the pointed part of the seed down or to be on the safer side, plant the seed flat.
- Keep watering the land
- In 5-12 days, the seeds will emerge, keep watering
- 2 or 3 weeks after emergence weed the farm and apply more organic manure.
-2 weeks later, you can do your first harvest and continue harvesting at 15 days interval while also adding manure, watering and weeding when necessary.
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by veggieman2be(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
This is the best time to start Ugu farming, these are the reasons below

1. Ugu is most expensive during dry season. The price is usually almost double

2. Offtakers can even come down to your farm to pick it up

3. It creates exposure for you and enables you gain buyers that would have known your farm and they will keep buying from you during the raining season

If you have good irrigation system, why let that portion of land go to waste again this season.

Get in touch with us for your Commercial viable broad leaf Ugu Seeds

We supply for Plots, Acres and Hectares

We sell per Seeds in Paints bucket and in bags
Re: Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis by redpegasus: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2023
I wanna thank the creator of this thread. I've learnt a lot . I've started a small pilot project. I have the intention to implement it on half an acre later this year. I had issues with pests though. I had to buy a pesticide and dilute in water to spray on the leaves . They're getting to three weeks old . I want to try out a herbicide for the weeds this week . Do you have any recommendations? I'm actually quite excited as this is my first time .
Also I'm told the price will drop while we get to the rainy season. I hope it won't be by much.
if anyone needs updates, I'll be happy to share . It's a small project, so don't get your hopes up. I already have a market lady that told me she can be paying 5k to me for each harvest lol (it's about 600 square feet . That's 8 times smaller than a plot) . Not bad since she'll be the one coming to harvest every 2 to 3 weeks herself for the next 8 months .
Do you have any method for irrigation? Maybe using sprinklers.
My questions are too much . Thanks again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Hi There! Contact Us For Your Agricultural Processing Machines. / Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.