Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. (4364 Views)

Maina: Court Grants Bail To Ndume / Arewa Youths React To Ndume, Question Failure To Arrest Abaribe Over Kanu / Senate Presidency: APC Warns To Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 9:54pm On May 24, 2021
I usually do not make posts on nairaland politics section but I have to address this charade of Senator Ndume as regards undermining the the contributions of southeast in Nigeria. I’m going to do this with Figures vis-à-vis the figures come north to show that northerners are conning people into staying in Nigeria, which is obviously failing.

Oil revenue and other
In 2017, the NBS released oil revenue figures of all Nigerian oil producing states which totals 32billion USD, assuming that we share the sentiment of subtly dissociating igbos in southsouth from their counterparts in Southeast, IMO and Abia combined accounted for 1.7% of this revenue, 1.7% of 32billion is 544million USD. It means that Imo and Abia brought 544million USD to Nigeria in 2017.

In this same year, southeast states received a total federal allocation of 152.9billion which is 459.1million USD using 333per dollar rate as it was obtainable in 2017.

Imo and Abia alone made 544million USD, this figure indicates that south east actually generated their own federal allocation. This cannot be said about the north’s humongous allocation, they feed from other south southern states

This will help create a picture to help you see who steals from who? Southeast earned every allocation they get, north steals from southsouth.
This is clearly seen as the total revenue generated in 2017, 65% of this was from oil while a substantial remaining Came from Lagos ports and business which igbos also contributed a large stake in terms of Importations of goods and federal taxes. Northerners don’t do importation a lot and they don’t have business paying taxes a lot.

We can hardly see the contribution of the northern states and their people here vis-à-vis the amount they get in term of allocations.

I am not an Igbo guy but it’s totally irrational to think that north is not the parasite here. They never earn whatever they get in Nigeria.

As matter of fact, aside Lagos and maybe ogun state and the oil producing states, other states include all 19northern states are parasites. None of them earn whatever they get.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:08pm On May 24, 2021
OP, you get time

Make everybody bear him papa name nah undecided

Na by force

4 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:01pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
keep lying to yourself. Add Bua group and the Largest share holder in Mtn first bank ,flour mills uba ,Mrs oil plc azam air max air , oriental energy,comet shipping, sapetrol Intel logistic are northern owner or major share holder. U think u are talking to babies ....
Lol, how much do these guys pay as tax compared to custom duties and oil revenue?

Is it only north that has companies paying taxes? Lol grin

North is the parasite jare, confirm all the figures I stated

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:01pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:
ok let’s do the maths, for 2020 dangote is expected to pay tax of 40.39billion Naira to federal government.
Nigeria generated 1.31trillion in 2020.

What percentage is dangote’s money?
Let’s do the maths: 0.031%

Dangote’s tax is just less than 0.05% of total Nigeria IGR.

Your good don’t bring in any IGR, a lot of you guys don’t even pay tax to the government. Lol
add the tax paid by sokoto cement and new commissioned 300 m USD wacot plant in kebbi.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:06pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:
Lol, how much do these guys pay as tax compared to custom duties and oil revenue?

Is it only north that has companies paying taxes? Lol grin

North is the parasite jare, confirm all the figures I stated
u have said nothing .I just burst you sentimental mis information to make you fellow nusaince online happy.custom duty of 1.3 trillion naira is generates in Nigeria with Lagos bring the bulk Apapa and tincan. This doesnt mean that is yoruba people that imported and paid the the duty exclusively as u want your fellow ipob to think .comet shipping owner by a Northerner is among the major shipping line to Nigeria .wacot just imported items worth 100 usd to complete their factory in kebbi via Lagos and pay duty. Dangote imported 600 howo truck , I imported 5 used truck,b.u.a imported 50 ambulance .all through LAgos ports and we are not yoruba people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Splendid235: 11:09pm On May 24, 2021
No need for argument.The north contributes 70 % of Nigeria revenue.Pls we don't want again,let them go,we better die of hunger.Yet they are ready for war to give us their revenue.me I tire ooo

29 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:18pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
u have said nothing .I just burst you sentimental mis information to make you fellow nusaince online happy.custom duty of 1.3 trillion naira is generates in Nigeria with Lagos bring the bulk Apapa and tincan. This doesnt mean that is yoruba people that imported and paid the the duty exclusively as u want your fellow ipob to think .comet shipping owner by a Northerner is among the major shipping line to Nigeria .wacot just imported items worth 100 usd to complete their factory in kebbi via Lagos and pay duty. Dangote imported 600 howo truck , I imported 5 used truck,b.u.a imported 50 ambulance .all through LAgos ports and we are not yoruba people.
65% comes from oil. Other substantially from Ports.

Even as a Yoruba, it’s foolhardy not to think that Igbos are the main importers in Nigeria then followed by Yorubas. Igbos major patronizers of Nigerian ports.

Aside the crude products imported by federal government, the most improrted products into Nigeria is cars/spare parts and Phone/phone accessories. A trip to ladipo market and computer village will tell you who are mostly involved in this.

30 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:19pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
add the tax paid by sokoto cement and new commissioned 300 m USD wacot plant in kebbi.
How does sokoto tax benefit someone in Ekiti?

Can’t you reason like an educated person?

25 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:26pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:

Even as a Yoruba, it’s foolhardy not to think that Igbos are the main importers in Nigeria then followed by Yorubas. Igbos major patronizers of Nigerian ports.

Aside the crude products imported by federal government, the most improrted products into Nigeria is cars/spare parts and Phone/phone accessories. A trip to ladipo market and computer village will tell you who are mostly involved in this.
i don't work with road side assumption .get the published statistics of import by ethnic groups. And export by ethnic group .u think import and export begin and end in Lagos .cos u are local .there several entry points in sokoto ,katsina,jigawa ,yola , taraba ,kebbi , bornu,Niger ..this are all import and export points ....do u know the million of tone of soya bean , other exported outside Nigeria by northern companies. Do u know .do u know the tonnes of cement exported tonnes of hide and skin exported...u think port operation is only imports accidental cars and used tyres.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:29pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:

u be idoit sokoto cement pays company tax like Mtn and dangote does to federal govt .this is added to the FAAC collection and share to the poverty stricken state called ekiti .if I import a cargo of textile via KLM via kano international airport i pay customs duty paid into the Faac accounts used to pay salaries of civil servant in ekiti .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by November1857(m): 11:36pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:

You hit the nail straight on the head...

3 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:39pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
i don't work with road side assumption .get the published statistics of import by ethnic groups. And export by ethnic group .u think import and export begin and end in Lagos .cos u are local .there several entry points in sokoto ,katsina,jigawa ,yola , taraba ,kebbi , bornu,Niger ..this are all import and export points ....do u know the million of tone of soya bean , other exported outside Nigeria by northern companies. Do u know .do u know the tonnes of cement exported tonnes of hide and skin exported...u think port operation is only imports accidental cars and used tyres.

The imports and exports done at the northern boarders are almost for free.
The bottom line is that North don't pay tax..

15 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:40pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
u be idoit sokoto cement pays company tax like Mtn and dangote does to federal govt .this is added to the FAAC collection and share to the poverty stricken state called ekiti .if I import a cargo of textile via KLM via kano international airport i pay customs duty paid into the Faac accounts used to pay salaries of civil servant in ekiti .
No abuse me na grin

So if Dangote’s pays money to sokoto state, it goes into faac account?

Lol? Where them dey see all these abokis bayi?

20 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:42pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
All the figures and stats I brought are from NBS database.

Sorry it’s shows north is a parasit, but it’s what it is.

16 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:42pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:

all the sugar cane plantation and proessing firm are located in the North. Without sugar several firm like coca cola will be out of business , all the wheat farm are located in the North. This mean that bread ,cakes ,pie etc cannot be made ,The brewery depend on raw materials from the North (Millets and sorghum) to make beers, milo etc. I know u don't know all this stuff. Stop lying to your people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:44pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
all the sugar cane plantation and proessing firm are located in the North. Without sugar several firm like coca cola will be out of business , all the wheat farm are located in the North. This mean that bread ,cakes ,pie etc cannot be made ,The brewery depend on raw materials from the North (Millets and sorghum) to make beers, milo etc. I know u don't know all this stuff. Stop lying to your people
NBS and FIRS figures says dangote will pay about 40billion naira for 2020 tax. That’s 0.031% of the 1.3trillion of all revenue.

Sorry this isn’t going as planned for you grin

14 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
keep lying to yourself. Add Bua group and the Largest share holder in Mtn first bank ,flour mills uba ,Mrs oil plc azam air max air , oriental energy,comet shipping, sapetrol Intel logistic are northern owner or major share holder. U think u are talking to babies ....
No vex bro, You're dumb grin

20 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:45pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:
All the figures and stats I brought are from NBS database.

Sorry it’s shows north is a parasit, but it’s what it is.
it shows also that scammer, drug baron ,prostitution ,baby factories and ritualist are the most preferd source of living of very unparasitic and hard work southern folks .sorry .

2 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
only restructuring will let us know who the real parasites are. And I know is going to happen soon.

16 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:48pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
it shows also that scammer, drug baron ,prostitution ,baby factories and ritualist are the most preferd source of living of very unparasitic and hard work southern folks .sorry .
Lol grin

and also Oyel money.

Baba don dey curse us. E pain am sha grin

22 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
Sugar can be imported, no way coca cola will run out of business. Let's just hope this country get restructured soon.

9 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 11:53pm On May 24, 2021
Workch:
NBS and FIRS figures says dangote will pay about 40billion naira for 2020 tax. That’s 3.1% of the 1.3trillion of all revenue.

Sorry this isn’t going as planned for you grin
sorry I never knew u where a silly person ....good bye und To Become A Religious Person. by Workch: 10:35am On May 23
I really do not see the moral ground to become a Christian or a Muslim.

What is it that I do that religious people don’t do on moral grounds?

Fornication
Lying
Killing
Adultery
Coveting
Etc

Religious people, especially Christians are As sinful as an average atheist and when they do it they hide under the tone of grace to commit
Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 11:55pm On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
sorry I never knew u where a silly person ....good bye und To Become A Religious Person. by Workch: 10:35am On May 23
I really do not see the moral ground to become a Christian or a Muslim.

What is it that I do that religious people don’t do on moral grounds?

Fornication
Lying
Killing
Adultery
Coveting
Etc

Religious people, especially Christians are As sinful as an average atheist and when they do it they hide under the tone of grace to commit
Lol, keep crying dude grin

25 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by AmotekunSW: 11:58pm On May 24, 2021
In 2020, Zamfara state budgeted 7 Billion Naira for construction of a new Government house. Meanwhile, the IGR of Zamfara for the entire year is about 7 Billon.

If Nigeria splits today, the North will become a glorified Niger or Chad.

20 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Idiko1: 12:00am On May 25, 2021
The taste of the pudding is in the eating. Let me play the devil's advocate here, Igbo and its land are barren and contribute nothing to the union called Nigeria. I suggest Nigeria spins off Igbo land from the union to teach them a bitter lesson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Rossiminku: 12:00am On May 25, 2021
Workch:
I usually do not make posts on nairaland politics section but I have to address this charade of Senator Ndume as regards undermining the the contributions of southeast in Nigeria. I’m going to do this with Figures vis-à-vis the figures come north to show that northerners are conning people into staying in Nigeria, which is obviously failing.

Oil revenue and other
In 2017, the NBS released oil revenue figures of all Nigerian oil producing states which totals 32billion USD, assuming that we share the sentiment of subtly dissociating igbos in southsouth from their counterparts in Southeast, IMO and Abia combined accounted for 1.7% of this revenue, 1.7% of 32billion is 544million USD. It means that Imo and Abia brought 544million USD to Nigeria in 2017.

In this same year, southeast states received a total federal allocation of 152.9billion which is 459.1million USD using 333per dollar rate as it was obtainable in 2017.

Imo and Abia alone made 544million USD, this figure indicates that south east actually generated their own federal allocation. This cannot be said about the north’s humongous allocation, they feed from other south southern states.

The amount southeast generates in terms of state and federal IGR engulfs the total of all 19 northern states combined. You do the maths and see.

This will help create a picture to help you see who steals from who? Southeast earned every allocation they get, north steals from southsouth.
This is clearly seen as the total revenue generated in 2017, 65% of this was from oil while a substantial remaining Came from Lagos ports and business which igbos also contributed a large stake in terms of Importations of goods and federal taxes. Northerners don’t do importation a lot and they don’t have business paying taxes a lot.

We can hardly see the contribution of the northern states and their people here vis-à-vis the amount they get in term of allocations.

I am not an Igbo guy but it’s totally irrational to think that north is not the parasite here. They never earn whatever they get in Nigeria.

As matter of fact, aside Lagos and maybe ogun state and the oil producing states, other states include all 19northern states are parasites. None of them earn whatever they get.

Ignorant, dumb article by a writer who thinks 'contribution' to the economy only comes in the form of foreign exchange earnings from the sale of natural resources like oil.

Has this writer ever heard of GNP and GDP?

Does he realise that oil and gas only accounts for 9% of our annual GDP of $450 billion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Nigeria

Agriculture is a far bigger contributor to GDP than oil and gas.

And the north is the epicenter of agriculture in Nigeria.

This writer needs to go back to the classroom and learn what it means to contribute to an economy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by ahiboilandgas: 12:03am On May 25, 2021
Rossiminku:

Ignorant, dumb article by a writer who thinks 'contribution' to the economy only comes in the form of foreign exchange earnings from the sale of natural resources like oil.

Does he realise that oil and gas only accounts for 14% of our annual GDP?

This writer needs to go back to the classroom and learn what it means to contribute to an economy.

he graduate of ipob university they think in reverse order. Pls give am some more teaching.

2 Likes

Re: Reply To Ndume: North Is Obviously The Parasite. by Workch: 12:16am On May 25, 2021
Rossiminku:

Does he realise that oil and gas only accounts for 14% of our annual GDP?

You are the ignorant person here, GDP is a representation of the final goods and services produced in a society, this goes beyond federal revenue which is obviously the bone of contention.

You are obviously a product of either Ahmadu Bello or Usman danfodio quota system education but I will oblige your ignorance.

The GDP encompasses trades and services at both states, federal, local government and private levels. Some of the Monies from the GDP activity doesn’t end in the federal account, most of it will go to the private accounts and inform of taxes to states and local governments.

It’s totally different from what we are talking about here. At the end of the day, the northern region is still a parasite as majority of their activities represented in the GDP doesn’t directly benefit the federal account because they don’t pay federal tax.

I will give you an example: Nomadic herding including all the cows in the north is included in the GDP but how does that activity add to the federal purse? They don’t pay tax, they only graze freely and most of their monies goes to private pockets. If oil and gas accounts for just 14% of total GDP and 65% of IGR, it means that Agriculture is not bringing money for government instead it does that for private individuals. Instead government invest money from oil and gas to grow Agriculture. You can’t even interpret figures, as old as you? Lol grin
Someone that read the way you typed GDP now will think you know what you are talking about. grin

Northerners are really bad at everything, including analyzing economic data. No wonder the country is in chaos.

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Earns N366 Billion From Crude Oil, Products Sales In May / JUST-IN: Soludo Met Cloned Friday Nwite From Ebonyi (PHOTOS) / Rufai Of Arise Is Quite Dumb And Is Really A Hater Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.