Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions (19645 Views)

13 Common Interview Questions & Their Impressive Answers / We Are Often Asked The Difference Between The Onboarded And Enrolled Icon / The Frequently Most Asked Job Interview Questions And Best Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Divinwac(m): 12:58pm On May 25, 2021
So many career candidates fumble through interviews as if the questions are thrown at them out of nowhere. However, you should expect a lot of interview questions. If you want to know how to prepare for a career interview? Monster has your back. Prepare ahead of time by studying this list of famous and regularly asked interview questions and answers so you can confidently respond to them.
What are some of the flaws?
One of the most common questions asked by interviewers is, "What are your weaknesses?" It's also the most hated of all the questions. Handle it by highlighting your qualities and downplaying your flaws. Focus on technical aspects rather than personal qualities: "To be a more successful presenter, I am always trying to improve my communication skills. I just joined Toastmasters, which has proven to be extremely beneficial."

What makes you so unique that we can recruit you?
Summarize your experiences in response to the question, "Why do we recruit you?" "I will make a huge difference in your business with my five years of experience working in the finance industry and my established track record of saving the company money. I am sure that I will be a valuable member of your squad."

Why are you interested in working here?
Many interview questions and responses aim to determine if an applicant is a suitable match for the role. The interviewer is looking for an answer to the question "Why do you want to work here?" that shows you've given it some consideration and aren't simply sending out resumes because there's an opportunity. "I've chosen main businesses whose mission statements align with my ideals, where I know I'll be passionate by what they do, and this company is at the top of my list of desirable options," for example.

What are the objectives?
When prompted, "What are your objectives?" Rather than locking yourself into the near future, it's also better to dream about short-term and intermediate targets. As an example, "My immediate aim is to find work in a business that is focused on success. My long-term objectives would be determined by the company's direction. I expect to advance to a place of responsibility in the future."

Why did you quit (or are you about to quit) your job?
One of the most important job interview tips is to never criticize a previous boss. When you're unemployed and an interviewer asks, "Why did you leave (or why are you leaving) your job?" state your reason for leaving in a positive light: "I made it through two rounds of company downsizing, but the third round resulted in a 20% staff cut, which included me."

If you're already working, concentrate on what you want in your next position: "After two years, I decided to look for an organization that values teamwork and where I can contribute my expertise."

What can you give us that none of the other candidates can?
When asked, "What can you do for us that other politicians can't?" emphasize your special qualities. This would entail a review of your past experiences, talents, and personality characteristics. "I have a rare mix of good technological abilities and the ability to develop positive client connections," summarize succinctly. This enables me to apply my skills and break down data in a more user-friendly manner."

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Bar1941(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2021
Few years ago I a was cramming and studying all prospective job interview questions, today I thank God for where I am and I still praise him for where he's taking me to.

For those seeking jobs, always look inward and be creative, FORGET ABOUT THE USELESS GOVERNMENT AND BE YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT PARTICULARLY IN THE AREAS OF JOB CREATION. Their are a lot of things you can achieve by being self employed, start from somewhere, if something bigger comes later then grab it. Half of bread is always better than chinchin.

I dedicate this ftc to the real legit hustlers, your efforts will surely pay off one day, never relent. THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH.

22 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Kandeed: 1:37pm On May 25, 2021
Stop making ur interviewer feel like ur Lord and saviour...and if happen to be a 9ja lady interviewing you, make sure you punch her mouth bfr leaving sad

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by TimmyTen(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2021
A friend said “There is no rule to interview questions” Just be confident and know your onion. If you have good knowledge on your field and it is backed with good experience. You don't need to convince any interviewer with grammar. Just tell them your value and they will chase after you.

This is so not true. Good experience and knowledge will only help with 30 or 40 percent of the interview. And if that is all you are relying on your interview will be a disaster.
An interview is a sales pitch from you to the prospective employer.
You have to prepare and do research because a lot of questions are not about experience.
They test other things sometimes very abstract.
You need to plan, prepare,practise.
I have attended several interviews n scaled through So I can tell you first hand what the reality is.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by spicytayomic(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2021
grin
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by alphaconde(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2021
one time after traveling from Edo to lagos for a Job interview I was asked this rubbish question.

a bungalow is painted white roofed with blue roof what is the color of the stair case?

mumu me answered white

when I left I realized that a bungalow doesn't have a stair case.

so after 4 years and NYSC person wey I wan use my energy work for de ask me that kind question.

I was depressed, after that day I swore I wont apply for any job.

na truck I de drive now.

those people wey ask me that useless question na ogun go kill them.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by GboyegaD(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2021
There are never clear cut answers to interview questions. My advice are: research the company, the interviewer, have a theme story, and be truthful to yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by The5DME(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2021
c
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by drizslim(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2021
If u still no get connect na fa fa foul

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by dontro(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2021
Interview questions become less relevant as your experience grows.

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by WiszyFraud: 1:41pm On May 25, 2021
Did you know??

People who enjoy helping others and or spending money on others tend to be less stressed, happier and live longer.

lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Josywhyte: 1:41pm On May 25, 2021
This is the best post I've read so far today. Thanks OP. This really helps

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by TheUndercover: 1:41pm On May 25, 2021
Very interesting piece. Good one!
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by moyakz(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2021
It's not in the sweetness of speech...if d job na your own,na your own wink
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by jimmyolasun: 1:42pm On May 25, 2021
Wjy
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Openyamind111(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2021
Thanks for sharing from Your wealth of experience.. cool
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Bustincole(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2021
1 Im Able and capable
2 To move the company forward
3. Salary too low
4. new development

Abi wat do u tink

1 Share

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by hofeshhomes: 1:46pm On May 25, 2021
Wow.

Tip: If a recruiter asks you to tell them about yourself, use that moment to shine.
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Koryc: 1:46pm On May 25, 2021
If you are good at what you so then the interview should be interactive.
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by iampeterben(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2021
Thanks for the share @OP, God bless you man.
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by bukxy: 1:57pm On May 25, 2021
ok
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Aforxzy(f): 2:05pm On May 25, 2021
I was scheduled for an interview sometimes ago with the M.D. of a company after several successful stages. He asked me what my salary expectation was. I told him but he offered an amount that was quite small compared to what I had expected. He said he couldn't afford to pay higher because of the economic situation. Then he asked me if I still want to work with them. I said yes. He looked at me and said your countenance says otherwise. Of course I didnt get the job.

Since then , I have learnt that your facial expressions and body language also matter during an interview.

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by adonaimart(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2021
Op, thanks for this... It is really helpful.

In addition, job seekers should see an interview as a one on one discussion with a fellow worker, that way, you overcome the initial jitters.
Also, prepare well and rehearse the various scenarios or situations when answering questions.
Always make your answers seem like solutions to the interviewer.
Be cheerful and positive; act as if you are already working there; that makes you likeable.
Lastly, attend the interview with a salary range in mind. Money issues is one of the main reason you won't get selected for the next phase. You are worth what you agree as salary, so negotiate well, though don't sound greedy.
Cheers and good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 25, 2021
with connection no need for these
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by 99thEnemy(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2021
Divinwac:

Imagine Zzor, Saphiere and the rest of the squad applying for secretary and the boss himself ask them this question. grin

Employment guaranteed grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by emmnprince(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2021
alphaconde:
one time after traveling from Edo to lagos for a Job interview I was asked this rubbish question.

a bungalow is painted white roofed with blue roof what is the color of the stair case?

mumu me answered white

when I left I realized that a bungalow doesn't have a stair case.

so after 4 years and NYSC person wey I wan use my energy work for de ask me that kind question.

I was depressed, after that day I swore I wont apply for any job.

na truck I de drive now.

those people wey ask me that useless question na ogun go kill them.

So long the truck you're driving is putting food on your table no qualms! But the way you sounded about the truck thing shows you're not happy in that line of work.

But come to think of it, you shouldn't have allowed that to weigh you down to the extent you swore not to give it a try next time! You should have known that that is part of life: We fail some, we win some.

So no blame game is allowed! Be responsible for your choices and decisions in life.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by adonaimart(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2021
Yes body language matters but dont feel bad.

Interview is the haggling stage of the job hiring process.

If they offer you below your expectations; tell them your achievements, highlight their challenges as a company and the solutions you think you are bringing to the table, then you now ask, when they will increase to what you expect as your monthly salary.

If your take home can't make you achieve your goals, leave it and look for another because, most organizations that pay their employees low incomes, have a history of undervaluing their workers. Your sanity matters.

quote author=Aforxzy post=102050676] I was scheduled for an interview sometimes ago with the M.D. of a company after several successful stages. He asked me what my salary expectation was. I told him but he offered an amount that was quite small compared to what I had expected. He said he couldn't afford to pay higher because of the economic situation. Then he asked me if I still want to work with them. I said yes. He looked at me and said your countenance says otherwise. Of course I didnt get the job.

Since then , I have learnt that your facial expressions and body language also matter during an interview.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by alphaconde(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2021
emmnprince:

So long the truck you're driving is putting food on your table no qualms! But the way you sounded about the truck thing shows you're not happy in that line of work.

But come to think of it, you shouldn't have allowed that to weigh you down to the extent you swore not to give it a try next time! You should have known that that is part of life: We fail some, we win some.

So no blame game is allowed! Be responsible for your choices and decisions in life.

my goodman,

am happy with my decision, a whole lot of job seekers go tru toil seeking job which in most cases cant go round.

learning a skill is the best at that stage

that's what I did and am glad I did

1 Like

Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by bishopcent: 2:26pm On May 25, 2021
Divinwac:
So many career candidates fumble through interviews as if the questions are thrown at them out of nowhere. However, you should expect a lot of interview questions. If you want to know how to prepare for a career interview? Monster has your back. Prepare ahead of time by studying this list of famous and regularly asked interview questions and answers so you can confidently respond to them.
What are some of the flaws?
One of the most common questions asked by interviewers is, "What are your weaknesses?" It's also the most hated of all the questions. Handle it by highlighting your qualities and downplaying your flaws. Focus on technical aspects rather than personal qualities: "To be a more successful presenter, I am always trying to improve my communication skills. I just joined Toastmasters, which has proven to be extremely beneficial."

What makes you so unique that we can recruit you?
Summarize your experiences in response to the question, "Why do we recruit you?" "I will make a huge difference in your business with my five years of experience working in the finance industry and my established track record of saving the company money. I am sure that I will be a valuable member of your squad."

Why are you interested in working here?
Many interview questions and responses aim to determine if an applicant is a suitable match for the role. The interviewer is looking for an answer to the question "Why do you want to work here?" that shows you've given it some consideration and aren't simply sending out resumes because there's an opportunity. "I've chosen main businesses whose mission statements align with my ideals, where I know I'll be passionate by what they do, and this company is at the top of my list of desirable options," for example.

What are the objectives?
When prompted, "What are your objectives?" Rather than locking yourself into the near future, it's also better to dream about short-term and intermediate targets. As an example, "My immediate aim is to find work in a business that is focused on success. My long-term objectives would be determined by the company's direction. I expect to advance to a place of responsibility in the future."

Why did you quit (or are you about to quit) your job?
One of the most important job interview tips is to never criticize a previous boss. When you're unemployed and an interviewer asks, "Why did you leave (or why are you leaving) your job?" state your reason for leaving in a positive light: "I made it through two rounds of company downsizing, but the third round resulted in a 20% staff cut, which included me."

If you're already working, concentrate on what you want in your next position: "After two years, I decided to look for an organization that values teamwork and where I can contribute my expertise."

When asked, "What can you do for us that other politicians can't?" emphasize your special qualities. This would entail a review of your past experiences, talents, and personality characteristics. "I have a rare mix of good technological abilities and the ability to develop positive client connections," summarize succinctly. This enables me to apply my skills and break down data in a more user-friendly manner."

Impressive
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by Abiboss: 2:31pm On May 25, 2021
Helpful thanks
Re: Answers To Most Often Asked Job Interview Questions by CSTRR: 2:58pm On May 25, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools / Nigerian Foundaries Limited / Has NIMC Contacted You For Interview Or Appointment Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.