Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,230 members, 7,825,891 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve (794 Views)

Aiyegbeni: Only Thing Nigerians Will Remember Me For Is The One Goal I Missed / Ronaldo on 700th goal: I don't go looking for records, they are looking for me / Sarri Just Arrives In Turin & He’s Ready To Start His New Challenge At Juve(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:15pm On May 25, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo says he has achieved what he set out to do with Juventus amid continued doubts about his future.

The Portugal captain, 36, who joined Juve from Real Madrid in 2018, has a year left on his contract.

Ronaldo has won two Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia and two Italian Super Cups but Juve failed to win the league this season for the first time since 2011.

He said: "I have to value everything we achieved this season at Juventus, both in collective and individual terms."

During his three years in Italy, Ronaldo has also been named Serie A footballer of the year twice, and was the competition's top scorer in the season just completed.

In an Instagram post, he added: "The Italian Super Cup, the Italian Cup and the Serie A Top Scorer trophy fill me with happiness, mainly due to the difficulty they carry with them, in a country where nothing is easy to win.

"With these achievements, I reached a goal that I had set myself since the first day I arrived in Italy: to win the Championship, the Cup and the Super Cup, and also to be Best Player and Top Scorer in this great football country."

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid forward has won major individual and team honours with clubs in three countries.

"Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that I've left my mark in the countries where I've played," he added.

This season he scored his 100th goal for Juventus, having also passed the milestone at Real Madrid, where he scored 450 times, and United ,where he got 118 goals.

He also passed 760 career goals, giving him a disputed claim to being the highest scorer of all time.

Juventus secured a Champions League spot on Sunday, having seen their run of nine straight Serie A titles ended, with Inter Milan winning the league.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57240440

Dominique.
Mynd44.
Mukina2

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:16pm On May 25, 2021
#RESPECT

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by iampeterben(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2021
The real GOAT!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ahmed0336(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2021
The greatest to ever do it.

Not one baby goat that chose to play for a single club since childhood.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by samwash(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2021
BIG RESPECT!!!
Give honor to whom honor is due.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Femzaremz(m): 5:00pm On May 25, 2021
Everything apart from what really matters THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Elzakzaky: 2:23am On May 26, 2021
Femzaremz:
Everything apart from what really matters THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!
mumu talk
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by paulolee(m): 6:55am On May 26, 2021
he meant d UCL abi?? bcoz dts d main reason juve spent such cash on him..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2021
Good to know that you achieved your personal goals in Italy. How about the club? Did you help them achieve their goals?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by WibusJaga: 9:22am On May 26, 2021
Cr7 is a Legend!
Personification of Hardwork, Diligence, Consistency, industry... name it.
Maximum Respect!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 9:51am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Good to know that you achieved your personal goals in Italy. How about the club? Did you help them achieve their goals?

OJEEMAH OJEEMAH here you are. Obviously the cup Juventus and Cristiano would cherish at the moment is the UCL, and yes it is a goal that can still be achieved.

Are you happy that Juventus qualified for the UCL ?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

OJEEMAH OJEEMAH here you are. Obviously the cup Juventus and Cristiano would cherish at the moment is the UCL, and yes it is a goal that can still be achieved.

Are you happy that Juventus qualified for the UCL ?
I honestly don't have a problem with Juve's qualifications. Its a harmless question bro. One thing is to achieve personal goals but most importantly is the organizational goals cos its the exact reason, he was hired in the first place.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 10:09am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I honestly don't have a problem with Juve's qualifications. Its a harmless question bro. One thing is to achieve personal goals but most importantly is the organizational goals cos its the exact reason, he was hired in the first place.

cheesy cheesy As at last week you were among the lots laughing and hoping Juventus do not qualify. Your comments are everywhere on nairaland sport sections about it.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 10:11am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:

So is he solely to blame for Juventus not winning it in the last 3 years ?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:14am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

cheesy cheesy As at last week you were among the lots laughing and hoping Juventus do not qualify. Your comments are everywhere on nairaland sport sections about it.
never did.....show me one pls
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:17am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

So is he solely to blame for Juventus not winning it in the last 3 years ?
To whom much is given, much is expected. Its the same way people blame Messi for the failure of Barcelona or Argentina forgetting that he's just one outta 11 players.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 10:24am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:
To whom much is given, much is expected. Its the same way people blame Messi for the failure of Barcelona or Argentina forgetting that he's just one outta 11 players.

I mistook you for the other... Yea I like this admission, you are one of the very few but unfortunately many of the adjectives used in describing you fave, one would think he is the only one on the pitch, in the end it all comes down to hype.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:32am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

I mistook you for the other... Yea I like this admission, you are one of the very few but unfortunately many of the adjectives used in describing you fave, one would think he is the only one on the pitch, in the end it all comes down to hype.
grin its normal bro.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 10:34am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin its normal bro.

So you all should leave us when we hype ours. grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

So you all should leave us when we hype ours. grin
make una do am small small before we change am grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 10:42am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:
make una do am small small befor e we change am grin

change wetin ? lmao. you sef know how the matter dey always play na . Unending war..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

change wetin ? lmao. you sef know how the matter dey always play na . Unending war..
Atimes I dey imagine how the next generation go react to this unending war if we wey watch them no fit decide am.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by Ofunwa111: 10:52am On May 26, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Atimes I dey imagine how the next generation go react to this unending war if we wey watch them no fit decide am.

Naso life dey be sometimes, but some for this our generation don end am for their mind knowing say nor be the majority go accept am but just dey hope and wait make e happen for live TV while for some nothing fit change am. In the end just enjoy wetin dey make you happy.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: 'i've Achieved The Goal I Set Myself When I Arrived At Juve by OJEEMAH(m): 10:57am On May 26, 2021
Ofunwa111:

Naso life dey be sometimes, but some for this our generation don end am for their mind knowing say nor be the majority go accept am but just dey hope and wait make e happen for live TV while for some nothing fit change am. In the end just enjoy wetin dey make you happy.
You don talk am finish

(1) (Reply)

Lens 3 - 1 PSG. Is PSG Missing The Absence Of Messi? / How To Choose The Best Rollover Prediction Site / The Bane Of The Rossoneri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.