Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,608 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision (2257 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 10:48pm On May 26, 2021
Looking at the current situation of unemployment in the country I want to make a big decision of moving out of my comfort zone and try to hustle for my own but my family are skeptical about it. even though there is high level of insecurity in the country one can not continue to stay with his parent, eating thier food and collecting money from them. I feel I need to go out. Very soon I will be 30.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Oblongata: 10:58pm On May 26, 2021
Take the plunge bro! Sooner or later, You are still going to end up leaving to hustle on your own so kuku do it fast so that you can quickly learn and be a true man . Before you know it, you’re 50. What would you have achieved? Time waits for no one!

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Hashabiah: 11:00pm On May 26, 2021
No African parent will allow his child leave home just get his / her own accomodations and hustle . So it is you that should evict yourself by packing your bags and start earning a living. Remember you are aging and time waits for no man. Before you know you'll be seeing 50 and you need to start laying a foundation for your unborn children
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by chatinent: 11:00pm On May 26, 2021
Very soon you'll be thirty?

I left home at sixteen.

If your home is a home, don't leave home. Be home and plan your home. Unless you need your home away from home.

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by DencyZemirah: 11:05pm On May 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by DICKstractor: 12:30am On May 27, 2021
undecided

Take the step bro. Sooner or later you'll still have to take it. It better you do it now so that you can achieve something compared to when you were relaxed

It's a hard step but it will be worth it.
I hope you have a plan
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by GboyegaD(m): 5:28am On May 27, 2021
Take the decision because you are convinced the time is right and not because of your age.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Assurance20(m): 5:34am On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:
Looking at the current situation of unemployment in the country I want to make a big decision of moving out of my comfort zone and try to hustle for my own but my family are skeptical about it. even though there is high level of insecurity in the country one can not continue to stay with his parent, eating thier food and collecting money from them. I feel I need to go out. Very soon I will be 30.

Take the bold step bro, sometimes you need to leave your comfort zone in order to think clearly as a man & plan ahead. As a matter of fact, you should have left long ago...
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 7:16am On May 27, 2021
Thanks all for the advise and encouragement
I really appreciate
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 8:48am On May 27, 2021
You have not really said what you need that freedom and privacy for. I'm sure it so you can be.... Hm. Ok.

See, if your parents are not putting pressure on you, you better stay back and enjoy being catered for while it lasts. Those living independently now are feeling the heat of the present economy situation because it's not that easy. Just in case you think it is "sweeting" them. Being 100% responsible for yourself at this time is no jokes.

Are you ready financially?
Have you thought of the bills? You go run back.

Don't run yet when nothing is chasing you.

Be warned!!!.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Raalsalghul: 10:06am On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:
You have not really said what you need that freedom and privacy for. I'm sure it so you can be.... Hm. Ok.

See, if your parents are not putting pressure on you, you better stay back and enjoy being catered for while it lasts. Those living independently now are feeling the heat of the present economy situation because it's not that easy. Just in case you think it is "sweeting" them. Being 100% responsible for yourself at this time is no jokes.

Be warned!!!.
Andyblinks05 listen to this advice.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by ibechris(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:

Leave now.
If u dont,u will hate yourself when u grow older.

See my friend,my parents were poor people,but immediately I graduated I didnt go back home,rather I relocated to Abuja and I suffered for like 6 years before I became what I am today. The suffer was really worth the relocation.

Dont be surprised that the same people would scold and look at u with a scorn tomorrow. Just find anything legal to do,but before that,leave them.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:15am On May 27, 2021
Don't underestimate the support you have from your parents. A lot of people cheering you to get out wish they had the same support. Learn something or find a job and start hustling from home.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Tony142: 11:26am On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

Be warned!!!.

Aunty shut up, a 30yrs old is already as man, his mate Don marry, let him move out
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 11:34am On May 27, 2021
Tony142:

Aunty shut up, a 30yrs old is already as man, his mate Don marry, let him move out

Now i see why we have families living in abject poverty. It's mentality like yours that causes such.

So, because he's already 30 and his mates are married he should plunged into a world of responsibilities without any bearing or sustainable means of livelyhood?

Was that how his mates started life? Or what gibberish are you spewing?

Ever heard of the word "plan"? That's what my advice was all about.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

Now i see why we have families living in abject poverty. It's mentality like yours that causes such.

So, because he's already 30 and his mates are married he should plunged into a world of responsibilities without any bearing or sustainable means of livelyhood?

That mentality is the reason Nigeria is the worlds poverty capital aside bad government policies. Broke people getting married and churning out kids like monkeys.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 11:42am On May 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

That mentality is the reason Nigeria is the worlds poverty capital aside bad government policies. Broke people getting married and churning out kids like monkeys.

Exactly!
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Tony142: 12:16pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

U lack comprehensive skill, I said he should move out and hustle not marriage
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 27, 2021
Tony142:

U lack comprehensive skill, I said he should move out and hustle not marriage

Duh!!!
When you cant sustain an argument intelligibily you resort to verbal abuse. Grow up!

It's "comprehension" skills. Duh!!!
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Tony142: 12:37pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

Duh!!!
When you cant sustain an argument intelligibily you resort to verbal abuse. Grow up!

It's "comprehension" skills. Duh!!!

I can not come down to your level to argue with you, bye...
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 27, 2021
Tony142:

I can not come down to your level to argue with you, bye...

Dodging tactics! Come na... Lol.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Tony142: 1:37pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

Dodging tactics! Come na... Lol.

Cum na? No, I will not cum inside u for free, u will have to pay me 1st grin

U think i am dodging? I am dodging sha, just that I like quarrel pass fight grin
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Richy4(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2021
No parent will ever want their children to stay back and not be gainfully employed...

The question everyone is not asking you is this, What do you want to or intend to do out there that is making your parent feel skeptical of supporting you?....

Hustling as they call it in Nigeria are of different category....Even arm robbery is still hustle...If u wanna go, please be legit and God will crown your effort with success...
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

Be warned!!!.
your advice is very bad. Very soon he will clock 40 and 50s isn’t so far away. When do you think is best for him to move out? When Buhari fulfills his promises?
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 27, 2021
Carchoice:
your advice is very bad. Very soon he will clock 40 and 50s isn’t so far away. When do you think is best for him to move out? When Buhari fulfills his promises?

So.... How and where should he move to?

For Pete's sakes, Did you bother to find out if op is READY in all ramifications to move out before encouraging him to?

Think before you act! That's all I stand for in this matter.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by SweetCuntess: 2:55pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

Be warned!!!.
Better Don't limit your kids with this mentality. Allow them face life head on and get stronger
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 27, 2021
SweetCuntess:
Better Don't limit your kids with this mentality. Allow them face life head on and get stronger

Maybe you can limit your own children in life.

The ops case is different because he didn't have someone to advise him in time until this late hour. But that doesn't mean he should just jump out all of a sudden without planning or putting one or two things in place.

As for My children, their case will be different and for your info, it's not my children we talking about here so leave them out of it!

I wonder why everyone has refused to put on their thinking caps in advising the op well.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 3:07pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:
You have not really said what you need that freedom and privacy for. I'm sure it so you can be.....
Be what?
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:

Be what?

You know na tongue
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 3:09pm On May 27, 2021
Richy4:
No parent will ever want their children to stay back and not be gainfully employed...

The question everyone is not asking you is this, What do you want to or intend to do out there that is making your parent feel skeptical of supporting you?....

Hustling as they call it in Nigeria are of different category....Even arm robbery is still hustle...If u wanna go, please be legit and God will crown your effort with success...
am going to lagos from not and they are skeptical about it
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 3:12pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

You know na tongue
I dont know what you mean but it might be included but nevertheless I just want to be financially independent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sister-Inlaw Gets The New Car That Brother's Wife Sowed To Pastor Back (pic/vid) / I Don't Want To Live With My Strict Uncle / I Am Desperate To Be Married, Please What Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.