Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision (2262 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 3:17pm On May 27, 2021
1forall
mukina2
CrazyMan
Lalasticala
Myn44
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:
I dont know what you mean but it might be included but nevertheless I just want to be financially independent

Financially independent by moving out?

What you should do is get a job first. Build your income to a reasonable level. Then plan on getting a good and affordable place within your means while using the advantage of staying in your parents house to actualize your plans . That way you'll avoid unnecessary pressure and financial constrains that comes with settling down.

I'm a lady living all by myself and I tell you it's not EASY! as I work myself to stupor just to keep up with bills and other demands yet e nor reach. If not for the grace of God.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

So.... How and where should he move to?

For Pete's sakes, Did you bother to find out if op is READY in all ramifications to move out before encouraging him to?

Think before you act! That's all I stand for in this matter.
If OP isn’t a graduate then he must have a hand skill to fetch money.

He should have friends or families he can move out to.

He should as well have savings. He must have been working and saving while living and feeding off his parents.

Did any of this occur to you?

He should go out and see things, hungry will beat him but will not kill him. There are so many things he can do, Na people dey building site dey make money.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 27, 2021
Carchoice:
If OP isn’t a graduate then he must have a hand skill to fetch money.

He should have friends or families he can move out to.

He should as well have savings. He must have been working and saving while living and feeding off his parents.

Did any of this occur to you?

He should go out and see things, hungry will beat him but will not kill him. There are so many things he can do, Na people dey building site dey make money.

See how you're assuming for him.
These are the things you should have asked him first instead of assuming and advising him to plunge into Oblivion.

Now, you're suggesting someone to go and stay with friends when he has his own family house to stay conviniently and plan his next move.

I see no advice here.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

These are the things you should have asked him first instead of assuming and advising him to plunge into Oblivion.

Now, you're suggesting someone to go and stay with friends when he has his own family house to stay conviniently and plan his next move.

I see no advice here.
approaching 30 and he’s still yet to plan his moves? grin

You said I’m assuming for him, at least I’m being positive for him while you are not. You expect him to be a nobody with no savings and friends? Haha. You are more funnier
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 27, 2021
CharisEleos:

I see no advice here.
OP, come and clear the air, this poster is assuming you are a nobody but mommy's baby while I’m the one giving the positive vibe on your behalf. Is She right about you?
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Richy4(m): 4:18pm On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:
am going to lagos from not and they are skeptical about it

That's a good decision buddy and I'm glad for you. but what exactly do you intend doing in Lagos... For example, Do you have a friend or relatives that resides in Lagos that will accommodate you?, does the relative or friend knows that you were coming?.... Have u planned what you think you can do in Lagos?.. incase the plan A did not work, Do you have a plan B?....

It's always important to think about all these before you embark in such important Journey....
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 5:09pm On May 27, 2021
Richy4:

That's a good decision buddy and I'm glad for you. but what exactly do you intend doing in Lagos... For example, Do you have a friend or relatives that resides in Lagos that will accommodate you?, does the relative or friend knows that you were coming?.... Have u planned what you think you can do in Lagos?.. incase the plan A did not work, Do you have a plan B?....

It's always important to think about all these before you embark in such important Journey....
I've plan all that but they dont want me staying with anybody that if I should go I should atleast save 100k… .. how the hell can I get that… I intend going to lagos in order to chase my ambition in media and entertainment. Problem is where am at now There's no much means for saving thats why am desperate
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 5:12pm On May 27, 2021
Carchoice:
OP, come and clear the air, this poster is assuming you are a nobody but mommy's baby while I’m the one giving the positive vibe on your behalf. Is She right about you?
I'm actually a graduate but the problem is I haven't save enough reason is becos where am at there's no jobs and I have no skill thats why I want to go to lagos and start from scratch but my parents are saying atleast I should save 100k… .. how d heck am I going to save such amount in a place where there is no work
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by VlamesIffect(f): 6:13pm On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:
Looking at the current situation of unemployment in the country I want to make a big decision of moving out of my comfort zone and try to hustle for my own but my family are skeptical about it. even though there is high level of insecurity in the country one can not continue to stay with his parent, eating thier food and collecting money from them. I feel I need to go out. Very soon I will be 30.

So what should we do?

Call your mummy & daddy?
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Richy4(m): 6:14pm On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:
I've plan all that but they dont want me staying with anybody that if I should go I should atleast save 100k… .. how the hell can I get that… I intend going to lagos in order to chase my ambition in media and entertainment. Problem is where am at now There's no much means for saving thats why am desperate

Ok I understand you. If you have a place and who can accommodate you in Lagos, then you can go my brother...It's an adventure... wishing you the best.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 6:26pm On May 27, 2021
Richy4:

Ok I understand you. If you have a place and who can accommodate you in Lagos, then you can go my brother...It's an adventure... wishing you the best.
Thank you
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by andyblinks05: 6:27pm On May 27, 2021
VlamesIffect:

So what should we do?

Call your mummy & daddy?

Yes, tell them that am due to leave thier house
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by VlamesIffect(f): 6:38pm On May 27, 2021
andyblinks05:

Yes, tell them that am due to leave thier house

Candid advice.

Gather money first, and mind you lag no dey smile, you can go to Ibadan or abj depending where you are.

And be ready to hustle like a mad man, sad that you didn't acquire skills in your 20's...? But e no late.

I wish you the best.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 27, 2021
chatinent:
Very soon you'll be thirty?

I left home at sixteen.

If your home is a home, don't leave home. Be home and plan your home. Unless you need your home away from home.
wisdom!!!!
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Lordbinsmar: 9:11am On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:

Now i see why we have families living in abject poverty. It's mentality like yours that causes such.

So, because he's already 30 and his mates are married he should plunged into a world of responsibilities without any bearing or sustainable means of livelyhood?

Was that how his mates started life? Or what gibberish are you spewing?

Ever heard of the word "plan"? That's what my advice was all about.

Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding will not depart You.
Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Nobody: 10:01am On May 28, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding will not depart You.

Amen.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Family Is Against My Decision by Frenzy01(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2021
Bros.. Run oo.. Abeg run.
Don't let anyone imprison your youth. Go out there and make life, make a name for yourself.

Abeg.. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services. Checkout my siggy for contact information and slide into my DM

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Men Cheat But I Can’t Get Over The Psychological Trauma-pls Advise / How I Got Custody Of My Two Children Since 2020 / Am I Doing The Right Being A Single Mum?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.