Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Should Pure Water Be Banned? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should Pure Water Be Banned? (8940 Views)

Poll: Should It Be Banned?

Yes: 32% (30 votes)
No: 67% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? / Bottled And Pure Water Machines And Production. / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2011
first of all forget about the topic no one has banned sachet water popurlarly known as pure water   . What I want to know is do you think this should be banned considering the fact that almost every street you pass by there's  so much litter  of this sachet . My problem is not even if its hyginic cos one of my neighbours used to maufacture this water they buy the sachet from where I don't know then fill in tap water and staple it  lolz , But this pure water is a very  serious issue  almost all of us take it I do too once in a while, my mum hates it so much she has never tasted it   . She says if she had the power to she would have banned it.   but joke apart this pure water is a big challenge to the environment I believe it is hindering  Nigerian streets from being clean  what do you think ?
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by ARareGem(f): 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2011
Sure they can ban it, as long as bottle water-( I believe 35 cl is the lowest)- goes for the same amount. lol

But seriously speakn, somethn urgent needs to be done about littering the streets with used sachets. Perhaps govt could provide waste bins and somehow convince Nigerians to use them.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by page4: 7:11am On May 01, 2011
even b4 the era of pure water was the streets not dirty? i think u and ur mum are seriously beefing ur neighbour. get over it!!!
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 12:15pm On May 01, 2011
ARareGem:

Sure they can ban it, as long as bottle water-( I believe 35 cl is the lowest)- goes for the same amount. lol

But seriously speakn, somethn urgent needs to be done about littering the streets with used sachets. Perhaps govt could provide waste bins and somehow convince Nigerians to use them.
lolz grin yes you are right but we can also do something about it where I live no onecares about cleaniness so its actually our own duty to keep the environment clean but the most painful fact is after keeping the environment clean this people litter it without looking back its so fraustrating.
page.1:

even b4 the era of pure water was the streets not dirty? i think u and your mum are seriously beefing your neighbour. get over it!!!
lolz its like you lack comprehension or did you even read what I wrote I doubt it no one is is beefing anyone I was only talking about the hygine of this sachet water and related how our neighbour used to produce it too . I guess you are too dumb to realise that this is not about my neighbour but the sachet water it self
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Godmother(f): 2:56pm On May 01, 2011
Pure water is like water on the go. It is actually keeping a lot of mobile Nigerians hydrated. And the idea is not about the water its about the neatness of the people. If you bann pure water and replace it with bottle you would soon start seeing the bottles everywhere and that would be even worse
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by abdullahi8(m): 7:15am On May 04, 2011
Truely pure water has been banned at the lagos international airport & its vicinity thou pple stil adapt to the change but u can do that else where considering the number of pple who associate with it. Places like oshodi & d likes. U know what i'm saying, may be years 2 come, fine but now will cause a bigger havoc,
We are hoping to get there but not in pieces! grin
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 2:03pm On May 05, 2011
^^ lolz
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by mronikoyi(m): 3:42pm On May 05, 2011
I know the best way to convince people to use them: do like in some asian countries where littering can occur fines. People will prefer to throw stuff in binss than pay money.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by mronikoyi(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2011
By the way, this may seem like a really silly question to you guys, but How much does pure water cost? and how much is bottled water?
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 8:19pm On May 05, 2011
sachet water is #10 while bottle water is #100 and a jerry can of water is also #10
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 08, 2011
How culd you and your mum ave such a taught in minds, tough i believe cleanness results to good healths. just to think of it banning pure water what do you expect those involve in this business to do, to go stealing or what? we shuld be reasonable nigerias. very sorry if i upset but the truth shoud be told.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 11:03pm On May 08, 2011
^^duh what do you think you've said that will get me offended grin grin grin grin Lols I posted it so I could see peoples view on it I have no reason to get mad undecided wink cheesy
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 12, 2011
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by mikeljames(m): 4:35am On May 15, 2011
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 1:07am On Jun 19, 2011
mincuu:

5Naira
not where I stay nobody sells it for that amount
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Emeka72(m): 6:25am On Jun 20, 2011
Pure water is more or less d same as Bottle-water. D same enterprise produces both with d same H2o.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by phobic08: 4:07am On Jun 25, 2011
Na who ban the use of pure water,do you think we gonna survive without the use of that water called pure water
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by THEPOLY11: 12:29am On Jul 20, 2011
@Natasha
You try to make a point but the wrong topic, same thing will happen to bottled water, lets find a way to orientate our people and let the government put all the needed materials in place.

[size=8pt]Pure water serve so many purpose than drinking alone[/size] .
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by pleep(m): 1:32am On Jul 20, 2011
It has been proven that people are incapable of enviornmental stewardism until their income meets or exceeds 10,000 usd a year.

so banning the sachets wont fix the problem unfourtunatly sad but it will help.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by pak: 7:42am On Jul 20, 2011
Godmother:

Pure water is like water on the go. It is actually keeping a lot of mobile Nigerians hydrated. And the idea is not about the water its about the neatness of the people. If you bann pure water and replace it with bottle you would soon start seeing the bottles everywhere and that would be even worse

Very Intelligent and totally true.

@Godmother, do you work in an NGO or somethin ?
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by tunapa4dem: 10:14am On Jul 20, 2011
pure water should not be ban,First if you look at it in this area. At least pure water company they are not the one drinking the water and liter every where in Lagos, pure water company employed at least 5% of the total labour market in Nigeria. if you know say they should ban the pure water company, are you going to provide work for their workers. what me i suggest is that if the Lagos state and all pure water company association can come into collaboration , and find way to educate their customer.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Horus(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2011
This menace of plastic waste has taken over our entire nation, it pollutes our soils, chokes our drains, breeds malaria and is unsightly. One solution is recycling. Sachets water can be collected and cleaned ready for recycling, and this will create jobs.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by lepasharon(f): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
no it is very convenient! :d
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by legba1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
@OP, i agree with you that the scenes created all round cities by pure water satchets has been eye sore.but all the same i still feel there should be a way out other than banning it.The other alternative,bottled water will end up constituting same nuisance over time. the best bet is to re-orrientate our people as posted by someone above.
take a look at the metal dustbin errected by fashola administration at strategic points state wide,those stuffs had eighter been mow down by reckless drivers or removed by unpatrotic lagosians like you and i. as yorubas will say:cutting off the head is not the solution to a severe headache.think,naija think!
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Sike(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
Capital 'NO'!!!
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by obailala(m): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2011
Pure water is already deep rooted in our blood streams in Nigeria and many lives depend on it. Any attempt to ban it will lead to three likely consequences:

1. the price increases
2. Registered producers will make huge losses
3. Unregistered (illegal) producers will make huge profits and many more unhygeinic production outlets will spring up underground

In Nigeria we always talk of banning things without first considering the alternatives. Combating the environmental menace simply involves,

1. Providing waste bins at close intervals (every 50 or 100 metres on our streets). You cant expect someone to swallow the empty satchets or walk along with them for several kilometres in order to dispose them properly in "Fashola's large metal Dustbins."

2. The waste bins should be emptied regularly. If I see an oveflowing waste bin, I wouldnt have to get too close b4 I dump my empty sachet on the floor

90% of Nigerians will drop their empty sachet in waste bins if they are available and regularly serviced. If only govt can do its part, there would be no need to convince or reorientate anyone to do what is right cos the people also want a clean environment.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Yinkay: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
Let's try bio-degradable materials for making the satchet , that way it will rot away after exposures to the environment. We need to go green ,
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by stolenstone: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
wtf! How on earth did this one make d frontpage[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by stolenstone: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
wtf! How on earth did this one make d frontpage[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2011
@Natasha, banning it is not the problem but the problem is our attitude towards our environment. It is not only pure water that uses satchet! what about  all sausage rolls like gala, beefie etc. what about goods that are packed in polyethene bags. The problem will still remain until we change our attitude of littering the environment with our waste after using the content inside.
Betterstill let there be a payback of 50kobo for each satchet water returned to a point and u will see the number of satchet nylon people will be looking for to use.
But, Natasha if people dey piss anyhow for road na to cut the p.nis or v, g.n.  comot na im u go suggest. hahahahaah
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by strangest(m): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
The BEST SOLUTION to the issue of LITTERING our environment with PURE WATER SACHETS is for government to ENFORCE that all nylon sachets be replaced with BIODEGRADABLE SACHETS,
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by duno: 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
NOPE!

The issues mentioned can be tackled by:

1. Good environmental/ waste disposal policies
2. Good regulatory policies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds / Two Filling Stations, Three Gas Plants Sanctioned By DPR In Delta / My Debit Card Is Retained In Atm Machine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.