Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat (13893 Views)

Man Utd In Talk With Valverde To Replace Solskjaer After Zidane, Pochettino Snub / Alex Ferguson Blocks Man Utd From Sacking Solskjaer After Liverpool Defeat / UEL Final: What You Need To Know Before Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Asiseeit: 1:36pm On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

However, the United that started this season and later topped the league ought to have beaten them wella!!!

No jokes! I believe this united can beat any team! Even from 2 goals down. I mentioned in one thread criticising rookie coaches, Ole inclusive, that some of these coaches and Ole has tried. He's held his own against Klopp and Pep and I think even has a better head to head record. Just some tactical fine tuning needed, which I believe he's acquiring. He just needs a football loving board/owners, not business men.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by teezyaaa: 1:39pm On May 27, 2021
Definitely not a great season

Have you heard of Sytiamo Technology They give quick loans to market women in established markets in Nigeria and promote financial inclusion
Check them out and partner with them today.
https://sytiamo.com/
https://www.instagram.com/sytiamotechnology/
https://twitter.com/sytiamotech
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2021
Asiseeit:

He just needs a football loving board/owners, not business men.

SIMPLE!!!... Good thing they now have a sports director.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Goldenson076(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2021
This is ole's fault, you can just bring on Fred for Rashy, let pogba play the left wing, pair Fred and Tominay in the midfield. D. James is there he can do something likewise Mata, Matic, Amad and so on but ole did not have trust in those lads. Rashford is kind of week cos of injury you can't just leave him on the pitch for 120 minutes. Ole just have to do the needful at the right time.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by MasonKendall(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Are you happy with Ronald Koeman style of tactics?

My club deserves better than that.

Koeman should be struggling to Ace a managerial job with Aberdeen or FC Twente not Barcelona.
Boss man e be like say you no dey watch match ooo. Abi EPL don influence you? Enersto Valverde wasn't the best of tacticians but he managed to grind out the wins. Guardiola was a rookie when he coached FCB and results were not going in the right direction in the first few matches but as time went on everything fell into place. Alex Ferguson of all people didn't have a swift ride at the helm at United. Just give koeman time. His contract runs out next season so if he fails to deliver we'll know what to say about him. BTW I love his style of play.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by PlayMaker14: 2:08pm On May 27, 2021
MasonKendall:
Boss man e be like say you no dey watch match ooo. Abi EPL don influence you? Enersto Valverde wasn't the best of tacticians but he managed to grind out the wins. Guardiola was a rookie when he coached FCB and results were not going in the right direction in the first few matches but as time went on everything fell into place. Alex Ferguson of all people didn't have a swift ride at the helm at United. Just give koeman time. His contract runs out next season so if he fails to deliver we'll know what to say about him. BTW I love his style of play.
I have been a fan of the Blaugarian club since the arrival of Frank Rikaard, and trust me when I say that Ronald Koeman is not the man for the job.... I understand that you're trying to be patient with him but I will tell you this for free, his rigid tactics can be likened to that of his fellow compatriot, Louis Van Gaal and that style only fit teams like Toluose, Stoke, Montipiller, Aberdeen and Fc Twente.

Give a sound tactician like Roberto Macini who's tactics can be likened to that of Luis Enrique the job, and watch the Italian harvest trophies every season and also concentrate on our dwindling La Masia Academy.

This guy will only take us to the level of Athletico Bilbao.

2 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Indispensable85(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2021
Most clueless coach on earth. Like buhari like solksjaer.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Gunayo(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2021
Indispensable85:
Most clueless coach on earth. Like buhari like solksjaer.
Then what will you call Arteta
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Fragility6: 3:19pm On May 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Aküko!!!

Ole has always been a notorious failure and sometimes, one begins to wonder if he's the true first son of General Buhari who got a Norwegian Nanny pregnant during his time at War College.

I have no sympathy for Penchester United and they deserve every hard and bad luck flying their way.....

This is the same team that connived together and booted out José Mourinho who gave them the UEL and League Cup in the 2016/2017 season and settle for this bottler.

It feels good seeing him explaining his failures in Capital letters.
3yrs going to 4 now no trophy english pundits still dey say na work in progress.Na 3yrs e tk before klopp n guardiola win trophy? If na mou dem no go talk diz one o.The hypocrisy of english pundits na first class.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by paulolee(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2021
MasonKendall:
am disappointed that you don't know your team well enough. FCB is not a one man venture and we don't need fans with this kinda mindset. Chelsea will highly welcome you cos you reason like one of them.
lolz...so I would support mediocre performances n accept a coach dt couldn't win any big match this season abI?
he didnt win any of the madrid teams n even lost againts scattered madrid defense without their key men n I'll accept it..
my man, football av past dt stage, we only give patience wen we see nice layout n working even without trophy bt dis koeman gat none n even setien played better than him..
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Indispensable85(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2021
Gunayo:
Then what will you call Arteta

Lol.....
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by monex(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2021
opera1:

Four good years without a single trophy?

This is not possible for the manager to still be in charge at Chelsea FC.

Ole only had 2 full year/seasons
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by elonize(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

You know nothing about football...

What did the following "Mighty" teams win this year?

Sevilla
Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Atalanta
Barcelona
A.C Milan

There are few trophies for many teams to compete for... You do your best. It's no one's birth-right.

United played well... They could have won within 90 minutes if they played better, same for Villarreal (You don't get to a European final if you are mediocre). Penalties can go any way.
even if they united played extra better,they would still lose.
Even if de gea was not in goal,Henderson wud save two n united players wud miss penalty n villa wud win.
If only ppo looked back at history, dem for know say,ntin for united.the game was well played by both sides.unai has ntin to do with it,but it was history dat favoured dem
Same goes for pep,who dey say he has not lost a final.wen former winners of UCL plays a first time finalist,d former UCL winners always wins.simple n straight. Pep go put in his UCL experience n his team will lose.not minding he always lose to Chelsea. TT may jave lost final ,history will help him.again, wen a German lost a final, d following season, dey win it..am so confident it's Chelsea's.its gonna b a great spectacular. Congratulations Chelsea�

1 Share

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by elonize(m): 4:12pm On May 27, 2021
Edun00700:
Shameless United that can't win uefa league 2 against 7th position Villarreal in laligor
history favour villa to win.go look history
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 4:19pm On May 27, 2021
elonize:
even if they united played extra better,they would still lose.
Even if de gea was not in goal,Henderson wud save two n united players wud miss penalty n villa wud win.
If only ppo looked back at history, dem for know say,ntin for united.the game was well played by both sides.unai has ntin to do with it,but it was history dat favoured dem
Same goes for pep,who dey say he has not lost a final.wen former winners of UCL plays a first time finalist,d former UCL winners always wins.simple n straight. Pep go put in his UCL experience n his team will lose.not minding he always lose to Chelsea. TT may jave lost final ,history will help him.again, wen a German lost a final, d following season, dey win it..am so confident it's Chelsea's.its gonna b a great spectacular. Congratulations Chelsea�

Wow... That's some strong and serious jinx right there!!! Damn! lipsrsealed shocked

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by elonize(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

Wow... That's some strong and serious jinx right there!!! Damn! lipsrsealed shocked
yes o.
City will do all they can to break it.but sorry.history na landlord....it favours who it wants...let me give another history.
ATM vs Madrid,met twice in d final.who won,madrid cos dey jave won it bfor n ATM hasn't
Madrid vs Valencia. Who won,Madrid,former winners
Man u vs Chelsea. Man u won,not because terry slipped,but because history tied his legs cheesy
Lastly, Liverpool vs spurs.Liverpool's won it bfor n spurs has not.d reds won it at d end.
Pep will try to break it,but he will fail.he is even afraid.,well both sides are.sm say Chelsea have lost their last two matches, mk d match start first na grin.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Kindledlight(m): 5:16pm On May 27, 2021
lexy2014:

U say they are mediocre and u are wondering how they got to Europa final. Is there a football definition of d word "mediocre"? Maybe FIFA and UEFA have given a set of criteria by which we should measure teams as "mediocre". Can u kindly help out with those universal criteria as set out by FIFA and UEFA?

I’m not the one that called them “mediocre” However, if I understand by what that moniker meant by calling some certain clubs as mediocre probably he is saying they are not big or top clubs in Europe.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by ofiko123(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2021
Manchester United should fire solkjaer..he has done his best...he should go somewhere else..
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Edun00700: 7:09pm On May 27, 2021
In what way?
elonize:
history favour villa to win.go look history
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by elonize(m): 7:14pm On May 27, 2021
Edun00700:
In what way?
check d picture I sent some moments ago
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Mikekan30: 8:27pm On May 27, 2021
Manchester United is totally Failure...4 years no trophy...

At least my Arsenal is far better.
4years 3 trophy
2 Fa Cup and 1 Community shield..if it's easy why did your club not win it.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Ayobami7(m): 8:36pm On May 27, 2021
Lol
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by nike4love: 10:04pm On May 27, 2021
adelaja70:

They also teamed up against him in Tottenham? All these Yeye comments sef.

U want to compare José with that duck
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by opera1(m): 5:53am On May 28, 2021
monex:

Ole only had 2 full year/seasons

And Lampard is how many year/season at Chelsea??
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by AngelNelson(m): 6:37am On May 28, 2021
post=102102806:
Someone said yesterday that Man utd should be consoled with the Trophy below...
People get bad mouth sha.
Man Utd fans make una no vex jare....
You will win the original Europa Trophy Next season....true true cool

Really ��
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by ojaysam25(m): 8:38am On May 28, 2021
Angelfrost:

Sigh... What is your definition of "Back on track"??!... Winning trophies alone?!! Lol.

A.C Milan won nothing, but they have been back on track since last season...
Inter won the Serie A, but have been back on track even before Conte came on board...
Does a one off Ligue win mean that Lille is now way ahead of Lyon and PSG??!...

Has United not been consistently moving up since Ole took over from Mourinho (Who even won them 3 trophies)??!

Man City may or may not win UCL this weekend... If the latter happens, does that make light of the massive job Pep has done there??! If the former happens, does it make Chelsea a better team than Man City??!

You see my point??! Objectivity!!!...
I guess you did not fully comprehend the post you quoted.
I said a club like united should'nt be in the europa league in the first place...they should be competiting for bigger tittle....
Even if they had won the europa league, that does not mean they are back on track or back to their glory old days because it is a competition they shouldnt have been in the fitst place..
However like ole said winning the europa league would have serve as a stepping stone on their way to recovering....
Can you really say they have improved since ferguson retire? Is this the best season they had sincd fergie retires? Is this the first time they finish second in the league since fergie retire? And who told you ac milan are back on track...lille where on their road to recovering winning back to back ucl qualification before finally winning the league...you can fully say they are back on track.
What improvement has man utd made in the last four years since winning the europa leagud and finishing second under mourinho? Now i am been objective cheesy
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by monex(m): 10:25am On May 28, 2021
opera1:

And Lampard is how many year/season at Chelsea??

Lampard did not finish 2nd.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by opera1(m): 10:33am On May 28, 2021
monex:

Lampard did not finish 2nd.

That's the difference between Chelsea and Man utd
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Edun00700: 4:05pm On May 28, 2021
because Spanish teams always win in final
elonize:
check d picture I sent some moments ago
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by elonize(m): 4:16pm On May 28, 2021
Edun00700:
because Spanish teams always win in final
not really
Any English team vs Spanish team for final ends in defeat of EPL teams na d EPL teams dey lose
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Jayrow08: 8:31pm On May 28, 2021
Rubbish talk; I was expecting to see Ole sacked d next day.
Greenwood way dey penetrate Villarreal defence Ole go comot am, since den na dem come dey enter us anyhow
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Bigchristo: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57263786
Let him keep blocking them from sacking Ole until Man Utd will be bottom line table with world class players.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Sign Rodrigo Bentancur As Dejan Kulusevski arrives on loan / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team / Super Eagles Get N10m From Awka-Ibom State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.