Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,281 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat (13885 Views)

Man Utd In Talk With Valverde To Replace Solskjaer After Zidane, Pochettino Snub / Alex Ferguson Blocks Man Utd From Sacking Solskjaer After Liverpool Defeat / UEL Final: What You Need To Know Before Arsenal Vs Chelsea Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by MANDULA: 11:21am On May 27, 2021
wetin DJ Cuppy go do now?

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Bigredmachine: 11:22am On May 27, 2021
Woman disunited were not in their best yesterday simply because they underrated Villarreal coached by a manager who has won all europa league final he's been to... Except the one the evil spirit led him to at a certain useless club in north London... That has now vowed never to associate themselves with european football again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by lexy2014: 11:25am On May 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Aküko!!!

Ole has always been a notorious failure and sometimes, one begins to wonder if he's the true first son of General Buhari who got a Norwegian Nanny pregnant during his time at War College.

I have no sympathy for Penchester United and they deserve every hard and bad luck flying their way.....

This is the same team that connived together and booted out José Mourinho who gave them the UEL and League Cup in the 2016/2017 season and settle for this bottler.

It feels good seeing him explaining his failures in Capital letters.

I hope u realize that d other team also came to win trophy

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by lexy2014: 11:26am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:
Manutd is a total disgrace to english football....while chelsea where busy dissipating the big guns in spain both home and away( realmadrid, sevilla, ATM) in ucl....united had the job of only beating three mediocre teams in spain( granada, real sociedad, villareal) to lift a first trophy in four years but they disappoint as usual...a team that has not won a trophy in their history disgraced them.
Chelsea would have easily dispatch those mediocre teams and bring the trophy infact Chelsea always win europa league whenever they find themselves there with ease.
Man utd and arsenal are a total disgrace to English football, i rather support buhari than penchester united....spits.

What makes u feel Villarreal is a mediocre team?

4 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by spy24(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2021
Ole is a 'nearly' man

Although yesterday's defeat was down to degea that pk was very poor Manu was determined but degea spoiled everything

2 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:27am On May 27, 2021
Well spoken words... I like the sincerity of this man.

Like I said in an earlier thread:

United players need to grow up and learn to step up when it matters the most. This lack of zeal and fight is the sole reason they disgracefully allowed the EPL slip from their hands. They should learn from Atletico Madrid, Lille and Inter.

It is not really about having a star-studded team (Lille is a good example), but having unity, courage, and self-belief. These were what United lacked this season.

They should put their house in order, and do better next season... They are on the right track under Ole.

4 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:28am On May 27, 2021
lexy2014:

I hope u realize that d other team also came to win trophy

Ignore these clowns... They know nothing about football.

Talking as if trophy is any one's birth-right.

2 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by HEAVEN4444: 11:28am On May 27, 2021
square peg in round hole. ole GUNNAR should be coaching the GUNNERS

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:
Manutd is a total disgrace to english football....while chelsea where busy dissipating the big guns in spain both home and away( realmadrid, sevilla, ATM) in ucl....united had the job of only beating three mediocre teams in spain( granada, real sociedad, villareal) to lift a first trophy in four years but they disappoint as usual...a team that has not won a trophy in their history disgraced them.
Chelsea would have easily dispatch those mediocre teams and bring the trophy infact Chelsea always win europa league whenever they find themselves there with ease.
Man utd and arsenal are a total disgrace to English football, i rather support buhari than penchester united....spits.

You know nothing about football...

What did the following "Mighty" teams win this year?

Sevilla
Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Atalanta
Barcelona
A.C Milan

There are few trophies for many teams to compete for... You do your best. It's no one's birth-right.

United played well... They could have won within 90 minutes if they played better, same for Villarreal (You don't get to a European final if you are mediocre). Penalties can go any way.

3 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by osazsky(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2021
Holigans fan must protest next season not against the coach but for sales of a club that continually makes profit..not a liquidating company..3 big coaches are available now..zidene just resign...conte...allegry. but they did rather go for lampard and artete...how artete is d best thing that happened to man u..how he understands team work...them go begin block stadium after pep trash them again..i dont see the usefulness of ole.nothing good can come out from ole even if u take him to real or city ole na ole

2 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by ojaysam25(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2021
lexy2014:

What makes u feel Villarreal is a mediocre team?
A team that did not qualify for europe albeit finishing 7th in the just concluded season....a team that has never won a major trophy in their 90years history...what other definition of mediocre are you looking for...

4 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by openmine(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2021
Chai these people again cheesy

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by X70keG6l01acC: 11:34am On May 27, 2021
Rubbish
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by osazsky(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:

A team that did not qualify for europe albeit finishing 7th in the just concluded season....a team that has never won a major trophy in their 90years history...what other definition of mediocre are you looking for...
i tire o..to them any team that beats real in a single match na big team.just like brighton and Leeds defeated city..so leads na big team..this is thier first throphy in 100 years and to even imaginr that man u and asenal will now be sloging it out with granedad..prague in a div b cup beats my imagina.if someone had told me this like 18 years ago better fight for start i swear

4 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:

Forget history sir... Things can turn around in a day.

Once upon a time (Not too long), Leicester could never be regarded as a top 10 EPL team, now they are among the top 6.

Would you call A.C Milan "mediocre" just for being out of Europe's top elite for 8 years??! Has Lille automatically become far superior to Chelsea and Liverpool for winning Ligue-1??!

Penalty shoot-out is no man's land... at that point, skills mean nothing. United gave their best in a long and tiring season, but the more fortunate side carried the day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
square peg in round hole. ole GUNNAR should be coaching the GUNNERS

Pray tell, what top coach should be coaching United??! Two veterans have failed already and gotten sacked... Ancellotti has underachieved in 2 consecutive top teams... Mourinho has continued to flounder about.

I ask again for the umpteenth time... How many veteran and top coaches have out-performed Ole in the last 2 seasons??! Name them??!... And how many top coaches has he humbled in the last 2 seasons??!!

You guys should learn how to dissect football abeg... Haba!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by ojaysam25(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

You know nothing about football...

What did the following "Mighty" teams win this year?

Sevilla
Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Atalanta
Barcelona
A.C Milan

There are few trophies for many teams to compete for... You do your best. It's no one's birth-right.
I can bet all this team you mentioned has won atleast two trophy in the last four years... If your best is continous failure year in year out then its very sad.
If you are a united fan you should be ashamed of your team...one of the so called biggest club in the world...bro you're a football neophyte....

4 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by classick: 11:41am On May 27, 2021
Hehehehehe

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by HEAVEN4444: 11:42am On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

Pray tell, what top coach should be coaching United??! Two veterans have failed already and gotten sacked... Ancellotti has underachieved in 2 consecutive top teams... Mourinho has continued to flounder about.

I ask again for the umpteenth time... How many veteran and top coaches have out-performed Ole in the last 2 seasons??! Name them??!... And how many top coaches has he humbled in the last 2 seasons??!!

You guys should learn how to dissect football abeg... Haba!!!
brah, its a joke. ole GUNNER solskjaer, the GUNNERS. see the similarity in names ? thats the joke

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by osazsky(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

Once upon a time (Not too long), Leicester could never be regarded as a top 10 EPL team, now they are among the top 6.

Would you call A.C Milan "mediocre" just for being out of Europe's top elite for 8 years??! Has Lille automatically become far superior to Chelsea and Liverpool for winning Ligue-1??!

Penalty shoot-out is no man's land... at that point, skills mean nothing. United gave their best in a long and tiring season, but the more fortunate side carried the day.
story ..story ..there are only 3 clubs in spain..real..baca ..ateletico madrid.in hirachy...in england we have only 3 clubs too liverpool city and Chelsea oga just rest..what are clubs like arsenal man u..everton still doing in epl it attracts a form of mockery to the league cant they just go and be playing for national league their mates are there. Imagine man u vs bury..12 ..0 swear that u wouuldnt enjoy the game seeing ur players scoring acrobatic kick wheelbarrow kick jump...it will be fun..instead of losing against psg Bayern liverpook..are u not tired of pain just like wat common villa did yesterday.just a sugestion sha

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by lexy2014: 11:46am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:

How does that equate to being mediocre?

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by nairalee(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2021
I called our OGS on nairaland last week. Grouping him with the likes of Arteta and Lampard. Nairalanders started attacking me left right center. Now see as the dude has rendered all Utd's effort useless this season. #trophyless

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by ojaysam25(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

A chelsea or liverpool would not have taken this match to penalties that is like a lottery to whoever wins....this shows that the table was decieving....united is not the second best team in england like the table depicts.

6 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:48am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:

I can bet all this team you mentioned has won atleast two trophy in the last four years... If your best is continous failure year in year out then its very sad.
If you are a united fan you should be ashamed of your team...one of the so called biggest club in the world...bro you're a football neophyte....

Nope... Not a United fan! Actually one of their harshest critics.

You on the other hand need to learn how to be objective. You have said anything above.

Trophies are no one's birthright (I can't emphasize this enough)! Everything is about investment and proper foundation... Once upon a time, United made everyone else look small by dominating everything... That era of football is gone! The competition has changed in most leagues including and especially EPL!

Anyone who understands football knows that United return to the top will take some time! They are on the right track... If you disagree, then you are the neophyte. cool
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by ojaysam25(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2021
lexy2014:

What is the definition of mediocre or am i using the wrong english for a team who has never pass the semi final of any competition until now.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Bar1941(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2021
Idiot that ought to have been sacked.
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by osazsky(m): 11:52am On May 27, 2021
lexy2014:

pls explain mediocre to us ?just know that as u are explaining it hope u know u are explaining man u..Northampton forest humburg won the champions league in 1869...check google e go shock u...there are only 3 clubs in spain...playing in europa to me is even d real fefination of mediocre
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Angelfrost(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2021
osazsky:
story ..story ..there are only 3 clubs in spain..real..baca ..ateletico madrid.in hirachy...in england we have only 3 clubs too liverpool city and Chelsea oga just rest..what are clubs like arsenal man u..everton still doing in epl it attracts a form of mockery to the league cant they just go and be playing for national league their mates are there. Imagine man u vs buty..12 ..0 swear that u wouuldnt enjoy the game seeing ur players scoring acrobatic kick wheelbarrow kick jump...it will be fun..instead of losing against psg Bayern liverpook..are u not tired of pain just like wat common villa did yesterday.just a sugestion sha

People like you are just emotional plastic fans... Lol. Same as the guy quoting me above. grin

Football is a sport... It is dynamic and ever changing.

As far as football will be concerned, Man United will remain among the top! No smart person argues this, whether or not you like or hate the club!!!...
Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by Edun00700: 11:55am On May 27, 2021
Shameless United that can't win uefa league 2 against 7th position Villarreal in laligor

2 Likes

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by lexy2014: 11:57am On May 27, 2021
ojaysam25:

What is the definition of mediocre or am i using the wrong english for a team who has never pass the semi final of any competition until now.

Is there a football definition of d word "mediocre"? Maybe FIFA and UEFA have given a set of criteria by which we should measure teams as "mediocre". Can u kindly help out with those universal criteria as set out by FIFA and UEFA?

1 Like

Re: Man United's Season Has Not Been A Success - Solskjaer After UEL Final Defeat by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Aküko!!!

Ole has always been a notorious failure and sometimes, one begins to wonder if he's the true first son of General Buhari who got a Norwegian Nanny pregnant during his time at War College.

I have no sympathy for Penchester United and they deserve every hard and bad luck flying their way.....

This is the same team that connived together and booted out José Mourinho who gave them the UEL and League Cup in the 2016/2017 season and settle for this bottler.

It feels good seeing him explaining his failures in Capital letters.
Don't mind them, they sacked one of the best coaches in the world and employed an amateur coach, four damn seasons without even a cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Despite All, I Feel Honoured To Play For My Country" - Wilfred Ndidi / Tottenham Hotspur Sign Rodrigo Bentancur As Dejan Kulusevski arrives on loan / Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso -- Your Predictions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.