Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague (15260 Views)

Man Arrested For Harassing Sex Worker With Gun In Surulere (Photos) / Anambra Lady Attacks Man For Harassing Her At A Party (Photos) / Police Officers Flogged, Stoned For Harassing An Airforce Officer In Abuja (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by naptu2: 9:37am On May 27, 2021
Nigeria: 'Abaya' - Kano Varsity Apprehends 17 Male Students Over Harassment of Female Colleague

By Zahraddeen Yakubu Shuaibu
27 MAY 2021

The Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST) has apprehended 17 students for allegedly harassing a female student who wore the free flowing Arabian dress popularly known as Abaya.

A video that went viral on the social media showed how the lady was circled by a group of students who were harassing and mocking her with chants of 'Mai Abaya'.

The Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Shehu Alhaji said following reports of harassment by the gang of male students, the institution's management has taken action and already identified some of them and decisive penalty will be slam on them.

He said the University has constituted a Committee to identify the "unscrupulous Students" involved and recommend immediate disciplinary action to be taken against the culprits without delay to serve as deterrent to others.

Daily Trust reports that since the inception of the Abaya Challenge by social media users, several women have been subjected to harassment mostly by youth and teenage boys.

During the Eid-el-Fitr Sallah celebration, many women said they could not put on the dress because they saw the humiliation suffered by those that wore it.

At inception, the challenge gained acceptance but things took a new turn after the insinuation that ladies who put it on must have sold their virtues to buy it, because the dress is relatively expensive.

Recently in Kano, Daily Trust observed that significant numbers of ladies wearing Abaya were subjected to ridicule in the public.

This was to the extent that a lady was seen crying after being harassed by some young men. She was later rescued by an elderly person.

Aminu Yusuf, who wore it during the Sallah celebration, said she regretted using it.

"You know how women are generally; they don't want anything negative that will generate people's attention towards them. That was what happened to me during Sallah. If not that I don't always care about what people are doing, I would have engage in a fight with them (some boys).

"My Abaya is now at the extreme end of my set of cloth and I will wear it only after this challenge is over," she said.

https://dailytrust.com/abaya-kano-varsity-apprehends-17-male-students-over-harassment-of-female-colleague

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9OVifiZiuI

1 Like

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by naptu2: 9:38am On May 27, 2021
The school has now declared that today is "Abaya Day".

1 Like

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by naptu2: 9:48am On May 27, 2021
The detained students (on the right) and a screenshot of the incident (on the left).

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by PlayMaker14: 9:50am On May 27, 2021
56.73% of Northern youths are possessed with the demonic "Baba Ijesha" spirit and also decorated with gross stupidity.

The backwardness bewildering that region is why we can't move forward as a nation.

Now, imagine these cow brain students who couldn't hide their stupidity for 18 seconds being appointed as Ministers, Head of Parastatals and given juicy office to govern.

Won't be surprised if the likes of Isa Pantami and Garba Shehu displayed such irresponsible behaviours in their youthful days.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:52am On May 27, 2021
Just look at these uncultured swines touching the innocent girl at every part of her body shocked
Glad to know the thirsty he-goats have been apprehended.

This is exactly the way the he-goats from the South and West were doing in the days of Aposhe, ( many of the kids creating nuisance here weren't born by then!)
But we didn't hear or read of any arrest on how women were humiliated and their clothes torn day in day out, Now, this is the difference between North, West and South!

They will learn their lessons by the time they are dealt with adequately.

Madam Ngo and Sisi Yewande of [/b] rocking their beautiful Abaya today and tomorrow.
[b]#AbayaDay

Divinehealer:
I LOVE Abaya. I would wear it everyday
We love it too kiss

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by PCG001: 9:52am On May 27, 2021
нave тнey called ĸano'ѕ preѕιdenт❓❓undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by slawormiir: 9:52am On May 27, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Suspend their gadmnnn asss...

Same thing with market place....those useless boys see a woman walks past them....they start touching and creating awareness....instead of them to concentrate on what they are selling

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:52am On May 27, 2021
You will still see some Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition wailing and crying about the arrest of these he-goats.
No good news make them happy, all they wanna read is news about sorrow , tears and blood.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by DropsMic(m): 9:52am On May 27, 2021
Future leaders of tomorrow.... Smh
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by luminouz(m): 9:53am On May 27, 2021
So they touched her!!!

That's bad

If na just teasing by mouth, boiz in U.I Zik, Tedder and Mellanby halls do that to every girl that passes in front of their hostels when bored. They never touched or dragged the girls though.

3 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by samtee37(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2021
They deserve suspension

If this boys can harass someone putting on an Abaya and hijab, I wonder what they will do to girls wearing bum short

4 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by AmotekunSW: 9:55am On May 27, 2021
Retrogressive savages

1 Like

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by Nathaniel111(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2021
Agbaya day or whatsoever you call it,
We get more than enough to tackle than this...
Still waiting for today's bad news on NL

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by VEXT: 9:55am On May 27, 2021
That school be like second Islamic school...
Nothing like flexing for that school...
Wicked lecturers !!!
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by MrBONE2(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2021
grin
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by DonCortino: 9:56am On May 27, 2021
smiley

during my days in OAU ile-ife, when awo boys have overfed themselves with beans this is how they harass female students passing through the hall.

good 'ol days.
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by Bridgerton(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2021
Ok good
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by Taguchi: 9:57am On May 27, 2021
this is pathetic, how can grownups be this stupid?

2 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by optimistfeel(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2021
Abamo abi abaya?
All this dress ok tongue
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by shegzan(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2021
Person no fit wear ABAYA in peace because of those AGBAYAs?

2 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by VEXT: 9:58am On May 27, 2021
post=102106419:
You will still see some Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition wailing and crying about the arrest of these he-goats.
No good news make them happy, all they wanna read is news about sorrow , tears and blood.

Guy you no dey tire...
Fem for once na
Be very careful!!!

5 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by Missmossy(f): 9:58am On May 27, 2021
I don’t understand she was harassed for wearing abaya undecided these ones don’t have anything meaningful to do with their lives obviously. She wasn’t naked or dressed indecently.

4 Likes

Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by Ppogbae: 9:58am On May 27, 2021
Abokis are the horniest bastards grin grin. They Sabi phuck like dog grin
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by koladebrainiac(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2021
lol
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:59am On May 27, 2021
V
Re: Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2021
Na wa oh

This is not news worthy stuff, I am not Muslim or a northerner but I will say this:
Those boys should not be "punished" just advice them talk to them

It is normal behaviour anywhere remember the days of Blackberry seeing someone with that meant they may be into something
Same with latest iPhones, same with Benz so it's normal even they the elderly people have such notions or bias too

Those boys may have done that to be funny or to hail her or to feel among nothing more no need to punish them.
Just advice them against doing it next time all.

Imagine seeing a girl in your yard using very expensive Abaya or perfume or wig and you know they standard of living in your area or yard or street you know now we've all had that feeling so this is nothing new abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

French Mother Arranged For Her Daughter To Be Molested / Six Policemen In Custody For Killing 33-year-old (Pictured) / We Have Missed Ese – Classmates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.