Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks (16722 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Arrests A Danfo Driver Driving Through One-Way on Eko Bridge - Photos / Aftermath Presidential Order, These Are Images From Eko Bridge, Ijora 7up & More / Maiduguri-damaturu Highway Reopens After Closure For Military Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Nobody: 10:22am On May 27, 2021
Eko bridge is another conduit pipe for money laundering
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2021
No other means of commuting except via roads, this is dangerous.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by zudozz: 10:26am On May 27, 2021
All they do is to make people suffer! Now u spend 6 hours in traffic for journey that is not suppose to take more than 45 minutes. Everyday Lagos govt. dey close bridge.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Brunicekid(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2021
Bvlgari:
The repair is necessary so its a welcome development...
Yeah...The thing is that Government should consider alternative route that road users can use so as to avert traffic gridlock, just like it happened during the Third Mainland Bridge's closure.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by HEAVEN4444: 10:31am On May 27, 2021
AmotekunSW:
There is definitely something wrong somewhere.
Today is the 27th of May, and you are giving just a week's notice that a major transportation nerve will be closed for 10 weeks. What kind of insensitivity is that?

It is either these guys need better communicators or project managers or they need to import London-used commonsense for them to share among themselves.

The one they've been doing at Ojota, its seems they want to use 4 years to patch road. Those going to Ikorodu see Hell twice every day. The current Commissioner for transport in Lagos will just be wearing oversized suit about and be closing roads.

Sanwo-Olu needs to either fire or redeploy those in his Comms team, starting from the introverted Commissioner for Information. Those guys are a major part of the problem he's having.
wee you keep kwayet dia. always talking rubbish. amotekun kee you dia . why are you taking personal attacks at the commisioner who happens to be a honorable gentleman and a technocrat

Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by baralatie(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Morenikeji070: 10:43am On May 27, 2021
Abeg tell them ooooo
OmoManU:
It's better to have representatives at the center, all the neglects that lagos has suffered since relocation of FCT to Abj since 1992, Fashola and Tinubu are both trying to reverse it in their own little ways. Lagos has never had the kind of attention its having under this administration since 1992. Lagos Ibadan express ✓, Lagos Abeokuta Express all the way to Abule Egba ✓, Apapa Oshodi Oworo Express ✓, Third mainland ✓, Ahmadu Bello Way VI to Outer Marina ✓, 90% of Ikorodu Road all the way to Ojota ✓, National Stadium under renovations, National Theater under renovations, New Modern Terminal at MMA, ready for commission, almost all the major bridges within the metropolis that needs rehabilitations, ✓. Good infrastructure is always the bedrock of any meaningful development, which can even be seen with the recent moves of President Biden. I guess it's only Lagos Badagry Express and Apapa gridlock that has defied solutions for now. You people keep hating Tinubu and his boys while they're silently making their own lives better and that of their people. We will say it again, politics is local and common sense not noise making.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by CUMIN: 10:45am On May 27, 2021
AmotekunSW:
Today is the 27th of May, and you are giving just a week's notice that a major transportation nerve will be closed for 10 weeks. What kind of insensitivity is that?

It is either these guys need better communicators or project managers or they need to import London-used commonsense for them to share among themselves.

The one they've been doing at Ojota, its seems they want to use 4 years to patch road. Those going to Ikorodu see Hell twice every day. The current Commissioner for transport in Lagos will just be wearing oversized suit about and be closing roads.

Sanwo-Olu needs to either fire or redeploy those in his Comms team, starting from the introverted Commissioner for Information. Those guys are a major part of the problem he's having.

As said it's emergency repair

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by AmotekunSW: 10:46am On May 27, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
wee you keep kwayet dia. always talking rubbish. amotekun kee you dia . why are you taking personal attacks at the commisioner who happens to be a honorable gentleman and a technocrat

I'm sorry, don't respond to baboons.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by iwaeda: 10:47am On May 27, 2021
Wuzyurdaddy:
No other means of commuting except via roads, this is dangerous.
Same thing is happening in Lekki-Ajah area, just one breakdown, the whole people will feel it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by iwaeda: 10:53am On May 27, 2021
zudozz:
All they do is to make people suffer! Now u spend 6 hours in traffic for journey that is not suppose to take more than 45 minutes. Everyday Lagos govt. dey close bridge.

No one is thinking in Lagos again!
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by HEAVEN4444: 10:54am On May 27, 2021
AmotekunSW:

I'm sorry, don't respond to baboons.
baboon kee you dia. I will not sit here and watch you abuse a fine upstanding technocrat like that. werey dey your head angry
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 10:59am On May 27, 2021
iwaeda:

Same thing is happening in Lekki-Ajah area, just one breakdown, the whole people will feel it.

Dayum, that's horrible
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by ceede2: 11:07am On May 27, 2021
zudozz:
check out the next state or relocate. Simple
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by AmotekunSW: 11:10am On May 27, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
baboon kee you dia. I will not sit here and watch you abuse a fine upstanding technocrat like that. werey dey your head angry

Go and ask your parents drinking kerosene in the village. Technocrat my ass. You think we are like your illiterate people in your muddy region where you worship certificates. Oponu ayeraye.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by HEAVEN4444: 11:17am On May 27, 2021
AmotekunSW:

Go and ask your parents drinking kerosene in the village. Technocrat my ass. You think we are like your illiterate people in your muddy region where you worship certificates. Oponu ayeraye.
werey alasho. asiwin ni bobo yi sha. kerosene kee you dia angry
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Nobody: 11:27am On May 27, 2021
AmotekunSW:
The current Commissioner for transport in Lagos will just be wearing oversized suit about and be closing roads.

Lol.. bad mouth.
Maybe they should change his suit
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by ibrano2013(m): 11:32am On May 27, 2021
What happening here, I no understand
Why is FG govt repairing the Bridge instead of Lagos State govt
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Emir01: 11:49am On May 27, 2021
OmoManU:
It's better to have representatives at the center, all the neglects that lagos has suffered since relocation of FCT to Abj since 1992, Fashola and Tinubu are both trying to reverse it in their own little ways. Lagos has never had the kind of attention its having under this administration since 1992. Lagos Ibadan express ✓, Lagos Abeokuta Express all the way to Abule Egba ✓, Apapa Oshodi Oworo Express ✓, Third mainland ✓, Ahmadu Bello Way VI to Outer Marina ✓, 90% of Ikorodu Road all the way to Ojota ✓, National Stadium under renovations, National Theater under renovations, New Modern Terminal at MMA, ready for commission, almost all the major bridges within the metropolis that needs rehabilitations, ✓. Good infrastructure is always the bedrock of any meaningful development, which can even be seen with the recent moves of President Biden. I guess it's only Lagos Badagry Express and Apapa gridlock that has defied solutions for now. You people keep hating Tinubu and his boys while they're silently making their own lives better and that of their people. We will say it again, politics is local and common sense not noise making.

Sorry for the loss yesterday Omo manU. They are doing well. Politics is indeed local and only for the wise not by violence. You need to lobby
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by nurez305(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2021
iwaeda:
Suffering again for Surulere axis and they will still join Mile 2-Orile. Maryland wahala is there o. When we talk, the noise makers will tell us Lagos is moving. It is just lack of planning by those in charge. Apapa road (Ebute- Meta West) that is supposed the alternative is full of pot holes. Do they think of people's health. Anyway it is the noise of the drowning man.
surely, you know nothing about apapa road by saying is full of pothole. May be before anyway, but now apapa road from contain to oyingbo is as smooth as other better road in Lagos
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by iwaeda: 12:01pm On May 27, 2021
nurez305:
surely, you know nothing about apapa road by saying is full of pothole. May be before anyway, but now apapa road from contain to oyingbo is as smooth as other better road in Lagos

When last did you went through the road?
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by nurez305(m): 12:04pm On May 27, 2021
iwaeda:

When last did you went through the road?
currently here... Infact I stay here.... What did you mean by full of pothole ?
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by iwaeda: 12:07pm On May 27, 2021
nurez305:
currently here... Infact I stay here.... What did you mean by full of pothole ?

Check by Conoil and front of Zenith and also off Atitebi
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by nurez305(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2021
iwaeda:

Check by Conoil and front of Zenith and also off Atitebi
all good looking more than 70% of Lagos road...it seems you don't know what bad road mean in Nigeria, you saying full of potholes make me know that it's been very very long time you pass that road.

You just need to visit the road again so that you can delete or edit your comment
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by teezyaaa: 1:46pm On May 27, 2021
10 weeks is a long time, but it is for the better

Have you heard of Sytiamo Technology? They give quick loans to market women in established markets in Nigeria and promote financial inclusion
Check them out and partner with them today.
https://sytiamo.com/
https://www.instagram.com/sytiamotechnology/
https://twitter.com/sytiamotech
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by Hastala: 2:00pm On May 27, 2021
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by iwaeda: 3:39pm On May 27, 2021
nurez305:
all good looking more than 70% of Lagos road...it seems you don't know what bad road mean in Nigeria, you saying full of potholes make me know that it's been very very long time you pass that road.

You just need to visit the road again so that you can delete or edit your comment

I passed there last Sunday.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by OdogwuBlog: 4:09pm On May 27, 2021
okay
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by zudozz: 4:53pm On May 27, 2021
ceede2:
check out the next state or relocate. Simple

Hope u can buy my house becos am not leaving it for bastards like u..I know u r just some parasite living in 1 store in agege with ur family of 17 n u survive by collecting money at d keke n okada at d bus stop.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by ceede2: 5:00pm On May 27, 2021
zudozz:

Hope u can buy my house becos am not leaving it for bastards like u..I know u r just some parasite living in 1 store in agege with ur family of 17 n u survive by collecting money at d keke n okada at d bus stop.
You don't sound like someone who has a land let alone building. Check my rule 5" I refuse to sue a wrong words on you.
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by 9jaRealist: 5:32pm On May 27, 2021
AmotekunSW:

What SUBSTANTIVE difference does it make?
Will the alternative routes change with more notice?!

>
Re: Lagos Announces Eko Bridge Closure For 10 Weeks by 9jaRealist: 5:34pm On May 27, 2021
zudozz:

So, you would rather the bridge collapse and people perish instead?
>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Accuses Pat Utomi Of ‘Invading’ Lagos Office, Reports Him To DSS & Police / Niger Coup: Tinubu Meets Abdulsalami, Ribadu, Others / How Would You Fix Nigeria If You Were The President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.