Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery (17548 Views)

Fluenta Completes Installation Of 18 Ultrasonic Meters In Dangote Refiner / Shoprite Concludes Sale Of Its Equity Stake (100%) In Its Nigeria Subsidiary / NNPC To Build More Depots, Expand Market Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by FarahAideed: 10:44am On May 27, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

The problem is that you don't read yet you have opinions on everything sir. It runs through most of the toxic comments on Nairaland.
You could have just read it up before making the incorrect remark. It is on that same website.
Only 2020 alone, the dividend FG received from LNG is N144B https://nairametrics.com/2021/01/17/fg-receives-n144-billion-in-dividends-from-nlng-in-2020/
yet you are suggesting that we have not recieved up to 1 billion dollars

Better go and find out properly any of these remittances ever made it to FG treasury..

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 10:44am On May 27, 2021
You children just talk trash from a total point of ignorance ! Are you are aware that NNPC own between 60% to 70% equity in EACH of all the oil companies out there.....ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, Total, AGIP, etc. If that bigger arrangement has been successful over the years before you were born, what is a mere 20% stake in the refinery ?

RichDad1:
They want to ruin it like they did to the FG refineries?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by CodeTemplar: 10:45am On May 27, 2021
It makes far more sense than running those dead refineries in Warri pH and Kaduna. They should have aimed for 40% since the inception of the refinery. Baba go slow govt.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by 27Pushing30: 10:47am On May 27, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
NNPC dey mad,

Dangote is a front to some politicians, for his own sake I hope he is now bigger than his godfathers and he has out grown them.

Abeg if you are a politician message me let's grow my business you will be a shadow director, a god father behind the scenes, nobody will trace the money to you they'll be no paper trail leave all that to me I'm an expert just message me, contact me, to legitimise your wealth and make more money. This is not yahoo or crypto this is legit business.

people who run these levels don't pick businesses via social media. they pick from home or their base network

so if you truly desire this try enter grassroots for your area /hometown so person fit recommend you

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by SouthSouth1914: 10:47am On May 27, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
NNPC dey mad,

Dangote is a front to some politicians, for his own sake I hope he is now bigger than his godfathers and he has out grown them.

Abeg if you are a politician message me let's grow my business you will be a shadow director, a god father behind the scenes, nobody will trace the money to you they'll be no paper trail leave all that to me I'm an expert just message me, contact me, to legitimise your wealth and make more money. This is not yahoo or crypto this is legit business.

This is yahoo anyway you look at it. It is stolen money!
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by AmotekunSW: 10:48am On May 27, 2021
Teewhy2:
The only reason, we would appreciate this when the cost of petrol comes down.

Don't be naive. Dangote has never entered a sector and the the price of the commodities went down.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Miyachi: 10:52am On May 27, 2021
Omo. This man is cashing out.
Using public coffers to enrich private pockets.

In some few years we will hear of a scandal surrounding this purchase that will dwarf the Malabu one.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Curious345: 10:53am On May 27, 2021
osusuallstars:
Being a Nigerian from the south is the worst nightmare as a young man .
Nigeria is building a refinery but position Dangote as the owner .
Now want to buy 20% from Dangote.
Massive fraud .
Soon this country will disintegrate and i wonder where Dangote will get his supply of crude from
na you wan disintegrate am?
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by somehow: 10:53am On May 27, 2021
Teewhy2:
The only reason, we would appreciate this when the cost of petrol comes down.

Fuel won't come down

Once it comes into operation, we will buy between ₦160 and ₦180

By then, no more subsidy from the government as claimed.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Curious345: 10:55am On May 27, 2021
OldSkoolHeadBoy:
You children just talk trash from a total point of ignorance ! Are you are aware that NNPC own between 60% to 70% in EACH of all the oil companies out there.....ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, Total, AGIP, etc. If that bigger arrangement has been successful over the years before you were born, what is a mere 20% stake in the refinery ?

unwrite this comment before you're classified an ignoramus... Hahahah
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
NNPC dey mad,

And who is Jeff Bezos fronting for?

Jesus Christ?
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Chirowman(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2021
Okay
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by RichAbujaGuy: 10:59am On May 27, 2021
The NNPC has proven itself to be a complete hindrance to the Naija oil industry, and honest fiduciary to the masses.
How in the world do they have a 20% laying around to purchase into this private project? Can they borrow these billions in the open market and from who? British (colonial) banks? Royal Dutch Shell, BP?
I hope the deal doesn't go thru.
Wake up readers, this is very bad news. sad

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by paulchucks: 11:03am On May 27, 2021
That is why the want to increase fuel price to 380 naira they are doing business with our suffering
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by bigtt76(f): 11:04am On May 27, 2021
Reaping where they did not sow cheesy

FarahAideed:
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has said that it plans to acquire a 20% minority equity stake in Africa’s biggest oil refining facility, Dangote Refinery, Lagos.

This is to help further ensure an undisrupted supply of petroleum products across the country when the transaction pulls through.

This disclosure was made by NNPC Chief Operating Officer, Refining and Petrochemicals, Mr Mustapha Yakubu, while speaking at the end of a 2-day Nigeria Oil and Gas Opportunity Fair (NOGOF), 2021, tagged: “Leveraging Opportunities and Synergies for Post Pandemic Recovery of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.”

According to Thisday, Yakubu said discussions were already ongoing with the Dangote Group for the acquisition of the stake.
What are we doing there? I can tell you today that we are seeking to have a 20 per cent minority stake in Dangote Refinery as part of our collaboration and you know that there’s a huge quantity of crude for that refinery.

That’s 650,000 barrels, going into a single crude distillation unit (CDU). When that comes on board, it will also wet the nation for us.”

Read more below :
https://nairametrics.com/2021/05/27/nnpc-to-purchase-20-equity-stake-in-dangote-refinery/?
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Adakintroy: 11:05am On May 27, 2021
Na them. Useless people.

After them go criticize white man for slavery.

But you carry oil from South come to west. Make the people weh get oil travell come there come slave for work.

Una try well..no wonder una no want restructuring.

Useless dangote. No morality or ethics for him business no respect. Shame on him.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by SmartPolician: 11:08am On May 27, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

this is the funniest story i ever read today
our public fund have been privatized by Fulani long time ago

we have been telling our Yoruba brothers but bigotry is more important to them

good morning

This is the best decision the NNPC has made in decades.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Flier: 11:11am On May 27, 2021
Are they not the one financing it,expect oil to shoot up to 300 liters per barrel once the thief completed the good for nothing project
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by garfield1: 11:12am On May 27, 2021
jimi4us:

In that case the downfall of the refinery is guaranteed if he do quota system recruiting like federal government

How is that your business?
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by JesseJo: 11:13am On May 27, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
NNPC dey mad,

Garrulous clown
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Fcwilly: 11:21am On May 27, 2021
Corruption incorporated.

Strongest petroleum monopoly ever.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Thinktwicemybro: 11:22am On May 27, 2021
Anything NNPC hand touch always fail... Dangote do your business alone

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by pickatyouu: 11:26am On May 27, 2021
Good for fg and dangote
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by freshvine(f): 11:27am On May 27, 2021
A cover to feed him with free crude oil from the Niger Delta. These fulanis have every angle covered.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Ellasure: 11:27am On May 27, 2021
900warriorz:
Nawa oo...The Rich get richer and the poor gets poorer

Then don't be poor. That is the way you go.

As long as you are busy doing something with your hands you will never be poor. But a little sleep, a little slumber and poverty will be upon you like a one armed band robber ( willing to kill and destroy your body). Please don't wait keep moving.
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by 900warriorz: 11:29am On May 27, 2021
Ellasure:

Then don't be poor. That is the way you go.

As long as you are busy doing something with your hands you will never be poor. But a little sleep, a little slumber and poverty will be upon you like a one armed band robber ( willing to kill and destroy your body). Please don't wait keep moving.
Na exclamation I exclaim, I no kill person

Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by Brushstrokes20: 11:32am On May 27, 2021
What a shameless govt!
Re: NNPC To Purchase 20% Equity Stake In Dangote Refinery by miqos02(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2021
wwwihy:
Dangote please don't sell the 20% to them. They have no pedigree
give them this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Razes Printing Press At Tejuosho Market, Lagos (Photos) / LONGRICH As A Business.....how Viable Is It? / Naira Depreciates Further On Investors FX Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.