Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday (25722 Views)

Biodun Okeowo Celebrates Her Son, Ayomide, On His 20th Birthday (Photos) / Emerald Iruobe: Waje's Daughter Celebrates 20th Birthday (Photos) / Denrele Edun: I Was Titi Fanta Oyinsan's First Boyfriend (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by ebukajay184: 11:57am On May 27, 2021
Denrele Edun Recalls Being Assaulted By His Female Cousins On His 20th Birthday (Photo)

Denrele Edun, who turns 40 in a couple of weeks, took to his Instagram handle to narrate an incident that happened 20 years ago on his 20th birthday, IgbereTV reports.

The media personality narrated how he had to listen to his female cousins insult his mum like they usually do, before they pounced on him and abused him verbally and physically.

He explained that he lived in the family house at the time and the abuse was not new. He said the incident on his 20th birthday made him vow never to let anyone kill his happiness again.

He wrote:

"20 YEARS AGO!
My 20th Birthday.
Less than 20 Days to my 40th Birthday, come June 13th.
Gemini SZN taking over!

This wonderful 20th Birthday of mine fell on an Environmental Sanitation day and as usual, we had to wake up at 5a.m to start cleaning out the entire Surroundings.
Since our Family House was located at the corner piece of Faneye Junction in Ebute Metta, it meant cleaning out the entire Stretch of “Gutter” that spiraled from the back of the house through to the next building.
And that job fell on the shoulders of the only Male in the house: ME!

In the process of cleaning out the Gutters, I heard raised voices emanating from the house.

“Witch! Bastard! Go back to your country, you poor foreigner with your children. Wretched Oyinbo!”.

I already knew my female Cousins were at war with my Mother but trusting my MFM Prayer Warrior of a Mum, she was one to never back down!

“Not on my Birthday. Please GOD! Can I even survive this day in peace and tranquility?”. I thought to myself.

Next thing, my cousins waltzed out of the house still screaming expletives at my Mum, one slapped my lil sister on the face cos she was in her way and then they came up to me.
5 girls in total.

They started taunting me especially insulting my Dad’s 1986 Honda Accord parked in the compound.

“Kalo Kalo Car! Poor dirty Indian! Wretched idiot! Oyiboyi (that was the name they used to call my Mum)!”

“You guys stop! Please! Abeg!”

As if on cue, they pulled up to me face to face in a semi circle. Head on, they started screaming outside the house,

“Stop what?”
Next thing, the five of them started flogging me. And I mean, with proper masquerade whips.... the ones with branches jutting out!

I was Angry. Frustrated. Pained.
And I felt like a Coward at that point because I couldn’t fight back. I just stood there willingly as two of them began to push me around.
When they had their fill, they all moved to the house saying they would extend the same treatment to my Mother and Sisters as we weren’t welcome in the Family House.

That moment I made up my mind;
NOBODY was ever gonna kill my HAPPINESS again!

I’m Still A Story waiting to be told!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPV54RLH3qb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by lilvicky68(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2021
Small girls wey you for teach better lesson na im you allow to beat you..you come dey complain.. mtchewww

31 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Justicesociety(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2021
Lol...
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by benweezy: 1:32pm On May 27, 2021
angry
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by NaijaGoBetter20: 1:33pm On May 27, 2021
So this guy madness is an inborn

HBD

3 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by ateamblezing(f): 1:33pm On May 27, 2021
Dem for beat craze comot for your head.

14 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Lee99: 1:33pm On May 27, 2021
Stinking gay angry

18 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by ArewaNightmare: 1:34pm On May 27, 2021
grin werey dey disguise

1 Like

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Odeniyiade3245: 1:34pm On May 27, 2021
Lol dem suppose beat u taya

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Femmyfestus: 1:34pm On May 27, 2021
What is the moral lesson of this rubbish he wrote up there??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Chizillar1(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
Hmm

Production manual for Chemical based Products like never before covering Cosmetics, Adhesives, Beverages and Food, Disinfectant, Industrial chemicals, Lubricants, Paints,Printing Inks, Stain Removers, Soaps and detergents, wood finishes etc and over 100 product formulations, processing method & Usage, Equipment & tools, quality parameter, sources of raw material, useful tips and all relevant Information.

1 Like

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
That moment I made up my mind;
NOBODY was ever gonna kill my HAPPINESS again
The best decision a human being can make in life!!!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Anieke39(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
Spits
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Blitz888(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Ausval: 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
Agbaya

You nor fit thunder fire their papa

You nor fit remove their teeth just now

You nor fit give them 600 years

Insult my mum in my presence at your own peril , even if you fit beat me but I go sha fight you

8 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Seniorwriter(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
PINK LADY way back in secondary school!

Denrele has built a brand that is paying off...Nice Dude.

@SeniorWriter

3 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Godada(m): 1:35pm On May 27, 2021
What's the rationale behind all this?

I bet they didn't flog your weirdness off you.
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Doubleoh7: 1:36pm On May 27, 2021
Ok, so how does this story help $1 to turn to 1 Naira? Abi Mods no just know what to push to front page again.
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Elistho(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2021
Please why the hell is this making front Page undecided undecided

Who knows this guy and what has he being beaten up has to do with tidings kiss

Which mod pushed this to front page shocked

1 Like

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by CzarChris(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2021
Rubbish, arrant rubbish.

What on earth is this nonsense doing on frontpage?

2 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by czarr(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2021
Girls love their face, you do not need to fight all of them, just destroy the two front teeth of one of them and watch the others scamper for their dear lives.

Yes I support beating the living daylight out of women in self defense, come and beat me.

12 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by updatechange(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2021
Baby boi grin
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Elock1: 1:37pm On May 27, 2021
angry

So this Denrele transgender thing no start today, see as he pose like a bolo.

at 16 my elder sister of 19 and 22 no even fit try me 4 fight again.

5 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by adioolayi(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2021
This Bros don dey old ooo grin grin
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by Bahamas95(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2021
E don tey wey Denrele don be werey o, see how he pose for picture. grin
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by maxwelloweezy(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2021
What a sad story lipsrsealed happy birthday man 40 years no be beans

1 Like

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by constance500: 1:41pm On May 27, 2021
Repping June 13th
Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:42pm On May 27, 2021
And that made you turn to a gay... you dare not insult my mother in front of me I will tell you say I dey eat human being raw

9 Likes

Re: Denrele Edun: I Was Flogged By My Female Cousins On My 20th Birthday by wpadmin: 1:42pm On May 27, 2021
It is well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stephanie Linus Stuns In Yellow Outfit For Movie Screening In Ghana / Seyi Law Reacts After Being Criticized For Standing Up For A Citizen / Mercy Johnson Starts TV Show About Her Marriage [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.