Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Something Is Wrong Somewhere - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Something Is Wrong Somewhere (16999 Views)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIAN CUSTOM RECRUITMENT? / Defrauding Graduate /job Seeker Of Their Earned Money Is Wrong... Enter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Is Wrong Somewhere by klef05: 4:26pm On May 28, 2021
Guys pls I need your advice,

I was called last week Tuesday by an outsourcing company I did their test and interview in February.

They called me that their client(a bank)will conduct the final interview on or before Friday of last week for the role of universal teller...that it will be online that I should download Microsoft teams(it's like zoom and the rest of all this online video apps).

Now the issue is that it's almost two weeks the bank has not gotten back to me,and I called the agency back and I asked whether it was only me that has been calling to complain and they said yes.

Now the issue I'm having is why will they call me,tell me to prepare for the final stage of the interview,even asked me if a certain branch of the bank is not far from where I live and I've not been called for the final stage of the interview,and how am I sure they did not call others cause I'm the only one calling to complain according to about two different staff of the recruitment agency...

pls nairalanders I need your help,help me decypher it cause I'm really confused

6 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by klef05: 12:17pm On May 29, 2021
Abeg make una help me reason this matter...one or two comments will be helpful
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 29, 2021
just pray over it bro
they will certainly call you maybe they don't wanna rush things it's just that delay like this can be sometimes something big..

13 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by tito44: 1:01pm On May 29, 2021
Just continue preparing. Good things don't come easy. U will still be called

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Rukkie2: 1:01pm On May 29, 2021
God oh
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by johnDejavubaba(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2021
Wàhala no dey finish
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by shamsin6300(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
Sorry
Just move on
Life continue

13 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by brosom(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
Someone who knows somebody has gotten the job with an upper hand, a.k.a(CONNECTION).

Just chill bro, if it was urs, it'll be.

But if it's not, it can't be.

God has a bigger plans for u, u never can tell trust in him.

10 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by bigdammyj: 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
Noted
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by IMASTEX: 1:02pm On May 29, 2021
If it is yours, it will get to you. As long as you did everything right & your line was always reachable and you do return miss calls. Meanwhile, anything is possible in Nigeria, there have been cases where those offered provisional appointment letters were later retrieved for one nonsense reason. Keep pushing. . .but bank job undecided undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Okortor: 1:03pm On May 29, 2021
Calm down. U r just being too desperate for a job that will eventually stress d hell outta u n salary of 50k-80k
U will definitely be contacted for the final stage wen it's time.
Good luck.

12 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by espn(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2021
This is Nigeria where you don't even understand how things work. The agency should be in the best position to contact the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Offpoint1: 1:04pm On May 29, 2021
Be calming down, it's only just 2 weeks.... Be patient before you the "we will get back to you" treatment.
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by baddosky1: 1:05pm On May 29, 2021
klef05:
Guys pls I need your advice,

I was called last week Tuesday by an outsourcing company I did their test and interview in February.

They called me that their client(a bank)will conduct the final interview on or before Friday of last week for the role of universal teller...that it will be online that I should download Microsoft teams(it's like zoom and the rest of all this online video apps).

Now the issue is that it's almost two weeks the bank has not gotten back to me,and I called the agency back and I asked whether it was only me that has been calling to complain and they said yes.

Now the issue I'm having is why will they call me,tell me to prepare for the final stage of the interview,even asked me if a certain branch of the bank is not far from where I live and I've not been called for the final stage of the interview,and how am I sure they did not call others cause I'm the only one calling to complain according to about two different staff of the recruitment agency...

pls nairalanders I need your help,help me decypher it cause I'm really confused

Sorry bro!

Another candidate with letter of recommendation from the House of Reps or one of the sitting governors walked into the building after they contacted you.

You have been replaced undecided

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by c2far: 1:05pm On May 29, 2021
Three things could have happened.

1. Maybe they found something on you that turned them off during a final check. Check your Instagram, Facebook etc to be sure they are clean.

2. I think you should have called the agency on Friday or sent them a message. Waiting two weeks was too long. Remember the admins coordinating the process for the interviewers are also human. They may have missed out your details.

3. It is also possible the Nigerian factor played out fast and someone had a candidate that needed to be chosen.

Above all, you'll get what is yours. Forge on. Pray. Do your bit too. Don't give up. It's not even an option when beans is now 1k plus.

Best of luck bro/sis.

7 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Prodigee: 1:05pm On May 29, 2021
Pele o!
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by PrimeWatermark: 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
taiyesoul:
Scam alert. Kidnap alert. Run!

Did you bother reading at all?

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by OBTMOS(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
Lol
Sometimes last year, I applied for a position with Guinness Nigeria, took their test, did an interview via phone call and I was told to select a state from north central or east where I would like to work.

I was so happy, made calls to my elder brothers that I will be getting a job with Guinness Nigeria but till today, I am still here. The last time I called them, they asked for my name and told me my name is still on their list.

Just move on bro.

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by ecomalchemist(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
Bb
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
ok
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by LoudLord(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
grin
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by BetExpert: 1:07pm On May 29, 2021
klef05:
Abeg make una help me reason this matter...one or two comments will be helpful
you pay them money right? Well your money don jogodo grin Dazall
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Righteousness2(m): 1:07pm On May 29, 2021
In this Journey of Life, you should not relax until your possession is Delivered into your hands.

You could be so assured of a thing, and see it slip from your hands due to Negligence.
So many things, Spiritual or physical can deny you of what you believe was yours.

Go on your knees , Control the organization in the Spiritual , knock the gate of Heaven until your Possession is Delivered to you.

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Greatest100(m): 1:07pm On May 29, 2021
Its a two way thing: One is that the final interview might have be shifted for reasons best known to them or somebody else has already been taken so there is no need to interview you again.
Anyway best luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by gassbee: 1:08pm On May 29, 2021
I will advise you to move on, is likely they av taken their candidate
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by MikeMicheal(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2021
WE CALLED YOU, BUT YOUR PHONE WAS SWITCHED OFF.
A VERY BIG SIGN OF UNSERIOUSNESS.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by tammie24: 1:09pm On May 29, 2021
You may have been replaced
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by Angelawhite(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2021
All I can say is get used to it

You’ll be forgotten, ignored, frustrated, abused, insulted by employers. You’ll also experience near success syndrome.

But at the end of the day, you’ll win. Pray, work hard and above all, keep your hopes alive.
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by paulolee(m): 1:09pm On May 29, 2021
stay strong bro..
Re: Something Is Wrong Somewhere by wwwihy: 1:10pm On May 29, 2021
They will still call you...calm down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Aptitute Test Results / Access Bank Aptitude Test Call Up / Apply For The 2017 Recare Limited Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.