Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w (1262 Views)

Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo / Pics:Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts OBJ On Twitter,Cals Him A Sadist,Mocks Buhari Age / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by koruji(m): 2:22am On May 01, 2011
Hear"Chief" Bode George: George, an erstwhile Deputy National Chairman of the  PDP, specifically blamed Obasanjo  for not fulfilling his electoral promises to the people of the Zone,  in the areas of social infrastructure such as deplorable   road networks in the zone , including perceived mismanagement  of both human and material resources throughout the eight years  of his reign as a civilian president.

OBJ's Come Back? With contract splitting friends like Bode George, where was the money for infrastructure supposed to come from.

Let the blame game begin - I am going to enjoy this.

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Written by Adelowo Oladipo, Lagos Sunday, 01 May 2011

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party , Chief Olabode  George, has explained that the decision of the Yoruba people of  the South- West geo-political zone, to vote en mass for the Action  Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the National Assembly, governorship and  state Houses of Assembly elections in the just  concluded general  elections, may have been a direct protest against former President  Olusegun Obasanjo and the PDP governors.

George, an erstwhile Deputy National Chairman of the  PDP, specifically blamed Obasanjo  for not fulfilling his electoral promises to the people of the Zone,  in the areas of social infrastructure such as deplorable   road networks in the zone , including perceived mismanagement  of both human and material resources throughout the eight years  of his reign as a civilian president.

The frontline PDP chieftain stated this in an interview with the  Sunday Tribune at his Lugard Road Ikoyi  Lagos office at  the  weekend, highlighting that the Yoruba people are not foolish,  as  they were very easy to govern, but as a result  of their long history  of education, they are  very difficult to be deceived.

Accordingly, he said “ the  concept of PDP is turn by turn Nigeria  Limited and when it was our turn , Chief Obasanjo did some  things and failed to remember his own people  back home in  terms of infrastructural facilities, human and material resources  management.

“In fact, the Yoruba people  were expecting that all the network  of roads in bad shapes ought to have been rehabilitated or re-  constructed before the  expiration of his eight-year rule as civilian President.  But the Yoruba  people are not foolish, they are very deep  thinkers because we have a very long history with education and  education made people very  easy to govern,” he maintained.

Speaking further, George stressed that without apology to  anybody, former President Obasanjo  was particularizing himself and portraying an image that he was  bigger than anybody, rather than helping his own people,” adding  that he, (Bode George) in conjunction with his former boss  allegedly made some promises  to the Yoruba people in 2003,  while canvassing for the co-operation and support of the   people that if the people could follow them to the centre stage of the  nation’s politics that the regime was going to do so, so and so , for  them.

“We  specifically went to solicit the co-operation and support of  the Yoruba people before the 2003 elections. But the Yoruba are  not fools, and the people have asked me since we came back that,  Bode, what did you and your so called president bring home at  the expiration of Obasanjo’s civilian administration. But rather  than being appreciated and commended for supporting the  administration till when it lasted, I was sent to jail for not  committing any crime and on my return from the prison, this  same person with whom I gave hundred per cent of my support  for his leadership said I was celebrating criminality,” said George.

He however, did not rule out the possibilities of reconciliation with  former President Obasanjo, just as he stated that  he was not  thinking of vengeance against his former boss, adding that if the  two of them including those who might be interested in  reconciling them wanted genuine reconciliation , that “we should  lay it all on the table, be honest with ourselves and  respect  ourselves because respect begets respect and that is the tradition of  the Yoruba people because we all have a stake in this game.”
http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3781-bode-george-blasts-obj-over-pdps-poor-showing-in-sw
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by dayokanu(m): 2:39am On May 01, 2011
Whio go join me to laff
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by Beaf: 3:23am On May 01, 2011
My apologies for digressing. . .
"Penkelemesi," I learnt that it means "perculiar mess." Is that true?
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by koruji(m): 3:35am On May 01, 2011
Right.

Beaf:

My apologies for digressing. . .
"Penkelemesi," I learnt that it means "perculiar mess." Is that true?
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by Beaf: 3:59am On May 01, 2011
koruji:

Right.

Thanks.

@topic
PDP in the SW will need to grow new leaders that are visionary, positive, modern and hardworking, otherwise it risks the real danger of fizzling out in the region even though it seems to have 40% of regional following.
ACN's Fashola has simply overshadowed anyone they have put foward in all facets of delivery, instead the party has been characterised by epic battles between larger than life individuals.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by gokuu(m): 4:16am On May 01, 2011
If PDP wants to bounce back in the SW, it has to dismantle the ACN machinery in lagos. The PDP can accomplish this by playing the 'ethnic card', maybe fielding a 'charismatic' & 'sellable' igbo man as governor and an 'hausa man' as deputy governor & covertly sponsor some one like jimi agbaje on the platform of labour party to break bloc 'yoruba' votes, with this it should be assured of over 1/3 of state assembly seats, making it able to ground any ACN govt, so as to discourage the electorate, with that, it can stage its comeback!
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by Nobody: 4:17am On May 01, 2011
Beaf:

Thanks.

@topic
PDP in the SW will need to grow new leaders that are visionary, positive, modern and hardworking, otherwise it risks the real danger of fizzling out in the region even though it seems to have 40% of regional following.
ACN's Fashola has simply overshadowed anyone they have put foward in all facets of delivery, instead the party has been characterised by epic battles between larger than life individuals.

Exactly.

Why da hell would any smart SW state want a PDPian like Akala over Ajimobi? Or Segun Oni over Fayemi?
In the SW, PDP=Obj= Vision-less corrupt leaders.
ACN is just another vine of hope. If ACN fails to uphold its promises and achieve its purpose, another credible party would either be voted in or be created. Simple as that.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by koruji(m): 4:30am On May 01, 2011
@Beaf
I agree that PDP needs to go back to the drawing board, but not only in the SW. PDP's dominance for the next 4 years is a golden chance to show they can match ACN's performance nationwide. PDP has some performing governors in the SE and a couple in the North, but these have not matched Fashola's comprehensive approach.

ACN is currently being called a regional party, but its approach of looking for the best men and implementing people-oriented programs will see it spread beyond the SW when the next election rolls around - if they keep up their performance and/or PDP doesn't get its act together.

This is the beauty of democracy. Only if we had stayed with this process since the 1960s!!!

Beaf:

Thanks.

@topic
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by Beaf: 4:43am On May 01, 2011
^
I don't think the ACN performance mantra really holds outside the SW, or beyond Fashola and Oshiomole to a degree. In other regions, ACN has tended to put forward political journeymen (aside from Ngige in the SE). I don't see it really growing outside the SW, the ingredents aren't there, at least not for the next 8 years.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by koruji(m): 4:45am On May 01, 2011
I don't understand the elaborate web you are trying to weave.

The only thing to say is that the 2015 competition in Lagos will be between fresh candidates, and it all depends on who can protect Fashola's good works or better it.

Your talk of dismantling the ACN machinery in Lagos is negative competition and a disservice to the people. I hope this is not how PDP is planning to "recapture" the SW  - it will not work. The SW is tasting what visionary leadership can bring, and will become even more sophisticated in their choice of leaders - if so, look for PDP to be dismantled nationally.

All PDP has to do is show that their people in control of most of the states can match ACN nationwide - but I am not holding my breadth.

gokuu:

If PDP wants to bounce back in the SW, it has to dismantle the ACN machinery in lagos. The PDP can accomplish this by playing the 'ethnic card', maybe fielding a 'charismatic' & 'sellable' igbo man as governor and an 'hausa man' as deputy governor & covertly sponsor some one like jimi agbaje on the platform of labour party to break bloc 'yoruba' votes, with this it should be assured of over 1/3 of state assembly seats, making it able to ground any ACN govt, so as to discourage the electorate, with that, it can stage its comeback!
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by koruji(m): 4:53am On May 01, 2011
I hope the ACN can project and implement its vision in the SW, as well as provide a good contrast to PDPs shameful 12 years of performance at the center. If so, good men in other regions will join in and help expand its base. PDP can preempt that by getting those good men/women and letting them contribute over the next 4 years, rather that disabling them.

Beaf:

^
I don't think the ACN performance mantra really holds outside the SW, or beyond Fashola and Oshiomole to a degree. In other regions, ACN has tended to put forward political journeymen (aside from Ngige in the SE). I don't see it really growing outside the SW, the ingredents aren't there, at least not for the next 8 years.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by step1: 5:01am On May 01, 2011
gokuu:

From your post I can bet you are not from Lagos or probably a settler. My father is a strong PDP man in lagos and he works very closely with Bode George, Wahab Dosummu among others. Now I am not talking from a position ignorance neither do I want to be perceived as a tribalist. If PDP present an igbo governor for lagos state, not only will they lose but if the igbo community rally around that man they would lose as well. Now if ethnic politics is brought to lagos by any ethnic group be it hausa or igbo it would be known in history that a well organised state was brought down by tribalism due to the sellfish interest of igbo or hausa.

Lastly, be careful of what you post on the Internet and yes Jimi is a good choice.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by gokuu(m): 5:13am On May 01, 2011
@step1: listen to urself! PDP has nothing to lose in lagos but has every thing to gain, PDP has to take advantage of the multi ethnic composition of lagos or else it can never get lagos. BTW, how will the igbo communities lose?
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by step1: 6:13am On May 01, 2011
gokuu:

@step1: listen to urself! PDP has nothing to lose in lagos but has every thing to gain, PDP has to take advantage of the multi ethnic composition of lagos or else it can never get lagos. BTW, how will the igbo communities lose?

Just because PDP wants to win lagos does not mean they have to create tension among the ethnic groups in the state. I said igbos stand to lose because most of you claim to have high population in lagos. If PDP pushes this, Lagos will be hellish for all ethnic groups. I voted for Fashola and Jonathan even though my father is a PDP member which shows I perfer development rather than ethnic or party politics. Now I just hope PDP will not take advantage of igbos in lagos and use them against development.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by HamidO1(m): 7:01am On May 01, 2011
Beaf:

^

I think good governance is contagious because it's very difficult for a group of people to see their next door neighbors developing and enjoying the dividends of democracy without wanting same. A typical example is Lagos and Oyo state, while one governor is been praised for his good works in several quarters, the other is busy fighting his own people. What I'm saying basically is that an excellent performance by the incoming Action congress governors in their various states will definately open doors for opposition and the PDP might lose its grip before 2019 as you said above. Don't forget that some states will have their governorship elections taking place next year. I expect the competition to fly PDP's flag in subsequent elections will reduce since it's now glaring you don't need to rig to get there.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by HamidO1(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2011
gokuu:

What machinery are you talking about?? We all know the party that banks on the use of machinery (rigging, voter inducement and intimidation) to win elections. Fashola didn't stop opposition parties from campaigning and selling their programs to the people, did he?? You can't say the same about PDP controlled states like Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Delta where the incumbent governors did very obvious things to stop the opposition. They even go as far as planting people in opposition parties to disrupt such parties. Progressive minded people don't think this way. Must you bring an enemy down to succeed?? Hell no!!
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by henry101(m): 2:33pm On May 01, 2011
gokuu:

This is dirty dirty. It should be thrown out.
Ethnic politics wont be good for Lagos rather it will divide people and create a high level of mistrust. Bad idea.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by pluto04(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2011
gokuu:

It is a brilliant idea but one that is fraught with risks. Remember that 'ethnic card' is a double-edged sword and a place like Lagos can quickly become somewhere like Jos/Plateau because of 'ethnic cards'.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On May 02, 2011
Shebi Bode said it was Tinubu who sent him to jail
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by Genius100: 1:03am On May 02, 2011
Wasn't Bode George a former minister of works that was in charge of infrastructure? This man is indeed shameless,
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by 1025: 7:48am On May 02, 2011
Wasn't Bode George a former minister of works that was in charge of infrastructure? This man is indeed shameless,

@genius100,
if you are talking about shamelessness, it is not a thing of bode george rather it is a thing of every criminal. watch all of them in pdp, and u will agree with me that they have no business with shame.
look at the chairman of BOT(obasanjo), if ur son had the gut to accuse u of sleeping with his wife, wether it is true or not, it is a shameful thing and as such can make u to slow down but what do we have here? a more loud man. look at his own criminal daughter - iyabo. look at the mrs etteh, look at tony annenih, look at the imo state gov - ohakim, look at alams, look at ibori and look at all the pdp criminals. one thing they have in common is shamelessness.
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by Nobody: 8:01am On May 02, 2011
Why can't Tewonde George deliver Lagos too ?
Re: Penkelemesi: Bode George Blasts Obj Over Pdp’s Poor Showing In S/w by seanet02: 12:10pm On May 02, 2011
Something is wrong with Boda Bode

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha To Terminate N18b Imo Bond Deal, Embarks On Reforms / The Best Strategy To Defeat Terrorism In Nigeria / List Of African Dictators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.