Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Naira Has Finished Me! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Has Finished Me! (2842 Views)

Breaking News: Dollars Tumbles Against Naira Has CBN Sells Dollars To BDC / Importer To CBN: Tell The Truth, Naira Has Been Devalued / Crypto Currency Has Finished Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2021
I placed an other last month on a $10,000 cinema camera.i later emptied my cart because a friend of mine adviced me that in few months to come the camera brand will be releasing a new cam there by causing a slash in price to the prevoise models,due to the fact that he is more experienced than me in the field i obeyed him. Getting to this month the company post poned the launching of their new cam to either ending this year or early next year. Due to pressure from the industry i cant wait that long,so i decided to order it agahn. But now the problem is i need up to ~2mil extra to purchase that same cam and i dont have it now. So am left with no option than renting cameras when a gig comes up as usual.. It's painful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 29, 2021
Lets be realistic.

Do you really think when the brand brought out a new model of camera, the price will be the same as the old model

Where in this world has an old model of an equipment be more expensive than the new model??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:52pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lets be realistic.

Do you think when the brand brought out a new model of camara, the price will be the same as the old model

you know canon has a way of doing their stuff though,once the 12k cam is luanched atleast $300-400 is suposed to be removed from the older lines in some case few month before the launch

2 Likes

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by chatinent: 3:54pm On May 29, 2021
Ok o
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

you know canon has a way of doing their stuff though,once the 12k cam is luanched atleast $300-400 is suposed to be removed from the older lines in some case few month before the launch

New camaras comes with new features, how then will a new model be more cheaper than an old model?

Check every piece of product a brand make, the newer versions are always more expensive than the older versions except maybe it is antique
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 3:56pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where in this world has an old model of an equipment be more expensive than the new model??

i never said so!
infact the new cam is almost twice the amount of the model i was about buying. what i was saying is that the model am about buying is supose to see a reduction in price because of the new model launch.

8 Likes

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

i never said so!
infact the new cam is almost twice the amount of the model i was about buying. what i was saying is that the model am about buying is supose to see a reduction in price because of the new model launch.

Ok..i get your point now

It does not work like that, i believe you have to wait for 1 months to benefit from low price of the old model.

1 Like

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by VictorUSA(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2021
So how did naira finish you?

1 Like

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by InaNla(f): 3:58pm On May 29, 2021
If you voted for APC and Buhari? Please stop!

We warned Nigerians about the inherent dangers of voting a serial failure in 21st century.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by 2elliot: 3:59pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

New camaras comes with new features, how then will a new model be more cheaper than an old model?

Check every piece of product a brand make, the newer versions are always more expensive than the older versions except maybe it is antique
Price cut on the older version, not the new one.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:00pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

that's what am saying bruv.

the new model is said to be priced at $17500 while mine is just $10000.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

that's what am saying bruv.

the new model is said to be priced at $17500 while mine is just $10000.

What is the price of the 10k one now after the 17500 one is out?

Wait for 1 month, maybe a reduction will happen?
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Ok..i get your point now

It does not work like that, i believe you have to wait for 1 months to benefit from low price of the old model.

Yeah.. but in the case of canon its a custom to cut price of their higher end lines ones a new flagship is about to be launched
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2021
VictorUSA:
So how did naira finish you?
can you help me with the extra 2mil undecided
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by VictorUSA(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
can you help me with the extra 2mil undecided
If you wish
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

What is the price of the 10k one now after the 17500 one is out?
Wait for 1 month, maybe a reduction will happen?
it's actualy $10,000 the resolution is 4k.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

Yeah.. but in the case of canon its a custom to cut price of their higher end lines ones a new flagship is about to be launched

Most products are like that even iphones.

Once the new model launches out, the old model falls in price.

You are right, even if the price falls, the recent devaluation will affect you, you have to get more naira even if it is 9700 dolls
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:07pm On May 29, 2021
VictorUSA:
If you wish
oya na... make i send you my aza na..
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:08pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Most products are like that even iphones.

Once the new model launches out, the old model falls in price.

You are right, even if the price falls, the recent devaluation will affect you, you have to get more naira even if it is 9700 dolls

Thats my point!

I should have bought it last month.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

it's actualy $10,000 the resolution is 4k.

I see, you need more naira now with the recent devaluation.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:10pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

i never said so!
I think you made too much assumptions on factors that are way out of your control and that's what finished you not naira sir.

In business, you need to further consider factors based on those within your control and those outside your control. These things lose value within a short while of purchase so another option you have is to buy the second hand of the latest model 6 months or 1 year after launch .
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by VictorUSA(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
oya na... make i send you my aza na..
Sharp sharp...i dey wait.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I see, you need more naira now with the recent devaluation.
yeah i just hope the naira rises because i cant spend that much on a cam!
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I think you made too much assumptions on factors that are way out of your control and that's what finished you not naira sir.

In business, you need to further consider factors based on those within your control and those outside your control. These things lose value within a short while of purchase so another option you have is to buy the second hand of the latest model 6 months or 1 year after launch .

it's a second hand model i was about buying.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:

Thats my point!

I should have bought it last month.

Between are you using naira to buy the camara.

To preserve the value, you would have change your naira to dollars and then keep it in your domicile account, you won't have encountered this problem when devaluation took place
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:15pm On May 29, 2021
VictorUSA:
Sharp sharp...i dey wait.
Go and sleep jare grin..
Thanks for willing to help though wink
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Between are you using naira to buy the camara.

To preserve the value, you would have change your naira in dollars and then keep it in your domicile account, you won't have encountered this problem when devaluation took place

thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Earthstorms(m): 4:20pm On May 29, 2021
Patrioticbreed9:
I placed an other last month on a $10,000 cinema camera.i later emptied my cart because a friend of mine adviced me that in few months to come the camera brand will be releasing a new cam there by causing a slash in price to the prevoise models,due to the fact that he is more experienced than me in the field i obeyed him. Getting to this month the company post poned the launching of their new cam to either ending this year or early next year. Due to pressure from the industry i cant wait that long,so i decided to order it agahn. But now the problem is i need up to ~2mil extra to purchase that same cam and i dont have it now. So am left with no option than renting cameras when a gig comes up as usual.. It's painful.

What model of Canon camera do you want to buy to cost 10,000 usd?

I might be able to get it at a lower price for you.
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by FarahAideed: 4:26pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lets be realistic.

Do you really think when the brand brought out a new model of camera, the price will be the same as the old model

Go back and read well again
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 29, 2021
FarahAideed:

Go back and read well again

Go up and also read well
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by FarahAideed: 4:29pm On May 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Go up and also read well

When you go back to read you will find out he never said the new model will be cheaper than the old model but rather he said because a new model is released the old model he want to buy will have a significant drop in price
Re: Naira Has Finished Me! by Patrioticbreed9(m): 4:31pm On May 29, 2021
Earthstorms:

What model of Canon camera do you want to buy to cost 10,000 usd?

I might be able to get it at a lower price for you.

It's way more than that. That's actually the price of a used one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truck Spare Parts From Turkey / How To Make Over $100 Daily On Clickbank And CPA Marketing Free Ebook / Syntek Global Nigeria- Distributors And Marketers Needed All Over Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.