Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Should I Take The Club Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take The Club Job? (16578 Views)

Help My Friend Get A Club Job In Lagos / Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by DonCortino: 9:34pm On May 29, 2021
you never dey hungry yet
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by micflo28(m): 9:36pm On May 29, 2021
A club is a sweet place to work. Lots of contacts if it is a club located in Abuja or Lagos. It’s night stuff, so by daytime you can do other ventures to add to your hussle. You saying you are the church type depends on your mindset, their are handsome pastors who have been seduced by ladies on skimpy dresses but they never fell. They were strong willed. Set your mind straight on what brought you to the job which is to fend for yourself and don’t be distracted. I believe after Buhari, youths will bring in a president that will prioritize job creation and youth empowerment.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by ceede2: 9:40pm On May 29, 2021
drstan:
Hello beautiful people of nairaland! cool
I lost my job last year due to the outbreak and no job was forth coming.

A friend linked me up with a job in a club and with what he said, that I can get a connect there that I should just be smart.

Please I need input for those that have worked in a club and how I can do well in it.

Also, if my personality can blend with it. I'm not the party type and I'm also the church type.

Going by my personality I won't go for the job but with the state of things I just need to do it.

Please how can I be at my best in my new job? Thanks
I will tell give you the clue after this match
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by filleSouriante(f): 9:41pm On May 29, 2021
Reelmii:
choke

I only used that to book space joor. I modified it already grin
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:42pm On May 29, 2021
drstan:

A friend linked me up with a job in a club and with what he said, that I can get a connect there that I should just be smart.

Please I need input for those that have worked in a club and how I can do well in it.

Also, if my personality can blend with it. I'm not the party type and I'm also the church type.

Going by my personality I won't go for the job but with the state of things I just need to do it.

If you're the church type, then no need taking the job, simple, cos you'll be asked to do a lot of thing which will.go against your belief, except you are just a nominal church goer.

Don't forget you'll also see a lot of things and people and you're supposed to keep your mouth shut about it... But if na for tips, in a week, you fit get tips wey go pass your salary sef

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by kwasoly(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2021
drstan:

You said ur the church type and u want to work in a club? What kind of gospel do they feed u with in ur Local assembly?
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by drstan(m): 10:26pm On May 29, 2021
Koryc:

He is talking about night club not the elite club like ikoyi club.
. Night club.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by simplesearch: 10:26pm On May 29, 2021
Don't! if you're a true child of God and want to keep your faith to the end without compromising it, don't venture into such places.

Ask God to lead and help you start something meaningful, don't be proud or lazy to start small. Promotion and connection comes from God, so don't go seeking for it where you can't find him. This may be a trying period for you, but if you succeed God'll promote you.

Galatians 5:9
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by drstan(m): 10:28pm On May 29, 2021
micflo28:
A club is a sweet place to work. Lots of contacts if it is a club located in Abuja or Lagos. It’s night stuff, so by daytime you can do other ventures to add to your hussle. You saying you are the church type depends on your mindset, their are handsome pastors who have been seduced by ladies on skimpy dresses but they never fell. They were strong willed. Set your mind straight on what brought you to the job which is to fend for yourself and don’t be distracted. I believe after Buhari, youths will bring in a president that will prioritize job creation and youth empowerment.
Thank you.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by drstan(m): 10:31pm On May 29, 2021
ceede2:
I will tell give you the clue after this match
will be waiting
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by drstan(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2021
simplesearch:

Don't! if you're a true child of God and want to keep your faith to the end with compromising it, don't venture into such places.

Ask God to lead and help you start something meaningful, don't be proud or lazy to start small. Promotion and connection comes from God, so don't go seeking for it where you can't find him. This may be a trying period for you, but if you succeed God'll promote you.

Galatians 5:9
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
my faith is intact! Being in the world does not mean I'm of the world. My integrity and honesty is not tradable

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by cinammon(f): 10:40pm On May 29, 2021
I strongly will advise that you do not take the Job. What if this is God testing you?! Yes potential connections but there are no guarantees .
What is guaranteed is that your faith will be TESTED daily. Another thing is, that’s not an environment that edifies God, so for you to be there daily is to take yourself away from God. You will see and be exposed to a lot of things (crime inclusive) that go against Gods word and you’d be forced to get accustomed. So whether you indulge or not, you gradually go against 2Cor 6:14. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his own soul?!

*True Story* - A very close family member got the same type of job, pay was good. The type of connections that were coming at him were highly placed women (Married and Single) in their numbers everyday. All kinds of women will throw themselves at you whether you are attractive or not. Did he make some cool cash? Yes, did he make connections? Yes. Guess what he ended up with; *HIV*. This is someone who is the most careful person I know and yet this is his story today.

Before you take the opinion of the majority asking you to go for it, scout for people who actually do this kind of jobs and ask for what it really entails cos if you choose the option of testing the waters you may drown before you realize it.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by vikiphy89(m): 10:44pm On May 29, 2021
If na chelsea ur pay go make sense as they win cl tonight
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by lifenija: 10:44pm On May 29, 2021
CharisEleos:
Mmm.. I don't know what you mean by "churchtype" but as a Christian, such environment is not healthy for your spiritual life. But then it depends on the section you'll be working in.

If it's in the kitchen, it's still fair. But if it's at the bar or as a waiter, it's a no no.

Just pray and let the Holy Spirit guide you. Pray that If God is not in support of it, he should help you with something better.

Now apart from the religious aspect, working in club is not so much of a good idea generally because anything can happen owing to the kind of people that go to clubs. Things can get rough with guys at any time or police raiding the place suddenly.

Just pray for a decent job.
Twitter is a social media platform not a bird
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by ceede2: 10:53pm On May 29, 2021
drstan:
will be waiting
If you haven't done anything related to that (industry) that's the street name, you can get into problem that will lead to beating and still be paying for what you don't drink, but if you are smart enough withing 2 month you too will be vibing like 'em. Forget about help from clubbers, if somebody promise you anything with highness bro forget it. That's where I start from today I'm off the street. Smartness is the key. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by lebete3000: 11:03pm On May 29, 2021
drstan:

It depends on the pay too. How much are they willing to pay you.

That'll determine if it's worth enduring.

My 2cents�
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Consiglieri: 11:58pm On May 29, 2021
God bless you my brother!

ecomalchemist:
Yes take the job and work on other profitable side hustles to earn more income.

That should be a good start.

/////// a nairalander dropped this gem, you can take a cue from this !!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we are here because of your financial future.

Your 2 biggest problems are the woeful state of the economy and you don't seem to be in a major city where's there's lots of jobs and business opportunity. And a third is, you don't have shishi on you.

About getting a job, perhaps put a brake on that now. I'll advise you to focus on hustling for now. Look at your friend that you're working with. He's a hustler in every sense of the word. What ever brings you money, go for it.

You also need to move to Lagos. I can only speak for Lagos as this is where I've lived practically all my life. Can you live rough for 1 or 2 years? You can rent a shanty somewhere in Lagos. Some charge like 1k a month. It's not forever but to give you a base.

Before coming, make sure you already have a bank account. This is where you'll be putting any money you make.

There are many hustling stuff you can do? Do you know those touts at cloths market like Balogun market can make 30k or more in a single day? Think of those at computer village or electronic touts at Alaba? Your primary job is to take customers to sellers of these materials and they will settle you.

I'm an estate agent and that's something you can go into with small money. First meet estate agents in your area and ask them for their list of properties they have for rent. After collecting the list, buy a blackboard. Write the list of the properties you collected on the board and put your number at the bottom.

When clients come, collect 2k as registration fee. Collect a registration form from one of the agents in your area and simply change the name of the agent on the form to your own. Make lots of photocopies.

With that 2k,promise to show them at least 3 properties. Some will even pay your transport after showing them around. I don't charge for registration but you need to as you're just starting.

There's nothing to teach you. You learn on the job. To upgrade however, you'll need to buy Castles Weekly, use nigeriaproprrtycentre.com and to not only to search for property but to advertise there as well.

Best place to make money in estate is Lekki peninsular as it's the fastest growing local government in the country.

Now, where to place your blackboard? Beg shops or offices where you stay that you need a place to put your blackboard. You should get a place.

Alternatively, simply ask someone who stays around to get you a place. Offer him like 1k if he finds and it's guaranteed you'll get a spot. Even a lady too can find a place for it.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by mrkings84(m): 12:04am On May 30, 2021
My dear all clubs no be club, take if its Chelsea but don't if it's arsenal!!

UP BLUES!!
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Consiglieri: 12:06am On May 30, 2021
I know it’s not much, but take this small one I transferred and may the Lord save you from your situation

kachuk:
Dear Friend reading this post right now this (12.am) With all sincerity and from the depth of my heart. I am on my knees pleading, some one please come to my rescue. I know thing's are hard but I beg you in the name of God, please and please from the little you have, please help with no matter how little. I am a father of four and we have been going through alot of hardship lately .Things haven't been going smoothly for me from my menial jobs. We have been starving for days now . We are hungry we have not been able to afford real food. I am kneeling before you pleading, please help us with any amount' please. I pray God bless in abundance anyone that gives me anything. 09 930 22152 Ecobnk
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by 042reports(f): 12:18am On May 30, 2021
Collect the job begin sell loud and Arizona for 2k one blunt. One year you don hammer

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by kachuk(m): 12:48am On May 30, 2021
Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the
ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the
scornful.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by letitrainnow(m): 5:44am On May 30, 2021
You can take the job but maintain your integrity.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by BobbyZrealist(m): 5:49am On May 30, 2021
uncleck:
Church no provide food for you. Your God no see job provide for you. A club is willing to hire you to save you from starvation but you're here asking hdgsjhshhhd questions. Not like you're even Holly o

Sounds stupid and irrational.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Rhozabeth(m): 6:24am On May 30, 2021
chatinent:
More like being an intern to becoming a prostitute.

I disagree with u bro! Unless the Op wants to become a prostitute, he stands a very good chance of getting a good job. He only need to be smart, confident and know when to 'shoot'! Bro pls go for it!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:30am On May 30, 2021
chatinent:
More like being an intern to becoming a prostitute.

Na man him be na
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by OscarJaden(m): 6:44am On May 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
If I were you, I will not take it.
Anyone who is Concious of Heaven will not work in a club even if it is the Only Job available.
so he should die of hunger because his a Christian right zaddy pastor?
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:51am On May 30, 2021
OP can you be a bit elaborate? What type of club, is it the type for big boys like Ikoyi club, Boat Club, Lagos Tennis club or night club like Quilox? If is former, go for it but if is latter, hmmm, I left you with your fate.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Cnach: 6:58am On May 30, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Holup

We will answer you when we are done with the match

And yeah better pray Chelsea don't win

If not

No answer for you tonight
Guy God don shame us we haters of Chelsea o
Na heart break we dey so o

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Funkybabee(f): 7:11am On May 30, 2021
Set target period for it.
Be conscious of your spiritual mind
God hate idleness too

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by mdsne(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2021
I will be grateful if you can give me a clear link on this
ecomalchemist:
Yes take the job and work on other profitable side hustles to earn more income.

That should be a good start.

/////// a nairalander dropped this gem, you can take a cue from this !!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we are here because of your financial future.i will like to get more enlightenment from this boss

Your 2 biggest problems are the woeful state of the economy and you don't seem to be in a major city where's there's lots of jobs and business opportunity. And a third is, you don't have shishi on you.

About getting a job, perhaps put a brake on that now. I'll advise you to focus on hustling for now. Look at your friend that you're working with. He's a hustler in every sense of the word. What ever brings you money, go for it.

You also need to move to Lagos. I can only speak for Lagos as this is where I've lived practically all my life. Can you live rough for 1 or 2 years? You can rent a shanty somewhere in Lagos. Some charge like 1k a month. It's not forever but to give you a base.

Before coming, make sure you already have a bank account. This is where you'll be putting any money you make.

There are many hustling stuff you can do? Do you know those touts at cloths market like Balogun market can make 30k or more in a single day? Think of those at computer village or electronic touts at Alaba? Your primary job is to take customers to sellers of these materials and they will settle you.

I'm an estate agent and that's something you can go into with small money. First meet estate agents in your area and ask them for their list of properties they have for rent. After collecting the list, buy a blackboard. Write the list of the properties you collected on the board and put your number at the bottom.

When clients come, collect 2k as registration fee. Collect a registration form from one of the agents in your area and simply change the name of the agent on the form to your own. Make lots of photocopies.

With that 2k,promise to show them at least 3 properties. Some will even pay your transport after showing them around. I don't charge for registration but you need to as you're just starting.

There's nothing to teach you. You learn on the job. To upgrade however, you'll need to buy Castles Weekly, use nigeriaproprrtycentre.com and to not only to search for property but to advertise there as well.

Best place to make money in estate is Lekki peninsular as it's the fastest growing local government in the country.

Now, where to place your blackboard? Beg shops or offices where you stay that you need a place to put your blackboard. You should get a place.

Alternatively, simply ask someone who stays around to get you a place. Offer him like 1k if he finds and it's guaranteed you'll get a spot. Even a lady too can find a place for it.
Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by princewarri1985: 9:21am On May 30, 2021
drstan:

if i were you am going to accept the job with B race coz you will be getting alot of tips, i have a friend who works in club and makes 9k daily sometimes only on tips outside her monthly salary

1 Like

Re: Should I Take The Club Job? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:29am On May 30, 2021
meobizy:
No. Pass it to me instead.

Lolz na so....

If he is still at home after loosing the former one to covid last then he shouldn't be asking oo.

So many are not party type but one has to move on, he should go and see what happening there too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

721 persons secured FG employment with fake certificates in six agencies / Vacancy @ Golden Penny Flour Mills Of Nigeria-dec.2013 / N-power To Become Africa’s Largest Post-tertiary Job Scheme, Says Vp Osinbajo At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.