Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

NIN Controversy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / NIN Controversy (3224 Views)

Controversy As Mother Of 3 Dumped By Business Man Lover Battles Mental Illness / Ipe On My Nin ; What To Do / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN Controversy by Chinny024(f): 10:25am On May 30, 2021
Help Nairaland.
I have a child of a year and 5months.Needed to get them an international passport which NIN is one of the criteria.
However,he have refused to cooperate despite all efforts, toys,juices, sweets,cartoons I carried along to the NIN center. We went there on the first day,he was furious at the site of thumb printing and capturing. We were sent back home.Yesterday, I booked a second appointment. On getting there, he was playing, and jovial too.I said thank God that today would be better. I was called upon after few minutes we arrived to bring him.The matter became worse.He could not even stand,sit nor to be carried.
The guy told the elder brother (my first son) who have done his own successfully on the first day we went there to do the finger printing and capturing on his behalf.
My question now is that;
A)Can it be accepted at immigration office for international passport.
B)Will it have any implications on his future and that of the brother.

NB)I need to get them an international passport urgently by June 1st!!..
Mod,please help me and move it front page for a broad opinion.
Thanks.
Re: NIN Controversy by BabbanBura(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2021
Chinny024:
Help Nairaland.
I have a child of a year and 5months.Needed to get them an international passport which NIN is one of the criteria.
However,he have refused to cooperate despite all efforts, toys,juices, sweets,cartoons I carried along to the NIN center. We went there on the first day,he was furious at the site of thumb printing and capturing. We were sent back home.Yesterday, I booked a second appointment. On getting there, he was playing, and jovial too.I said thank God that today would be better. I was called upon after few minutes we arrived to bring him.The matter became worse.He could not even stand,sit nor to be carried.
The guy told the elder brother (my first son) who have done his own successfully on the first day we went there to do the finger printing and capturing on his behalf.
My question now is that;
B)Will it have any implications on his future and that of the brother.

NB)I need to get them a international passport urgently by June 1st!!..
Thanks.

So no one there including you knows how to cajole a child? Na wa for others of these days.

Children resist strange things, someone would have done it several times while your child sees it, on his own, he will want to try cos they like to do what everyone is doing. Forc3 never works with kids in such things

6 Likes

Re: NIN Controversy by 1030(m): 10:40am On May 30, 2021
Pls dont accept the idea of the elder brother doing the finger capturing on his behalf.It might not even go sef.

3 Likes

Re: NIN Controversy by Chinny024(f): 10:45am On May 30, 2021
BabbanBura:

So no one there including you knows how to cajole a child? Na wa for others of these days.

Children resist strange things, someone would have done it several times while your child sees it, on his own, he will want to try cos they like to do what everyone is doing. Forc3 never works with kids in such things
We did our best dear but all to no avail. unfortunately, at the center children were not there just adults,elderly people and Jambites. Thanks anyways
Re: NIN Controversy by Chinny024(f): 10:47am On May 30, 2021
1030:
Pls dont accept the idea of the elder brother doing the finger capturing on his behalf.It might not even go sef.
Can you throw more light on the implications that you might know please.
Re: NIN Controversy by NoToPile: 12:09pm On May 30, 2021
No don't let the elder brother do it on the behalf besides the system will even reject it.

Just keep trying till the baby cooperates, you can find some of those private centers ( i think they charge)around with less crowd, baby might be scared of all the crowd hopefully soonest baby will cooperate.

I can relate with this.
Re: NIN Controversy by fatymore(f): 12:56pm On May 30, 2021
There are private places you can do NIN and since you are paying for it, they would take their time to attend to you.look for such people

1 Like

Re: NIN Controversy by adedejiola: 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
NoToPile:
No don't let the elder brother do it on the behalf besides the system will even reject it.

Just keep trying till the baby cooperates, you can find some of those private centers ( i think they charge)around with less crowd, baby might be scared of all the crowd hopefully soonest baby will cooperate.

I can relate with this.
nice advice
Re: NIN Controversy by adedejiola: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2023
What is Nimc managements doing with this issues of NIN people experience everywhere without any results
Re: NIN Controversy by WhisperedNoise: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
Why would you use somebody else's fingerprint for your child's document? That is impersonation and it is a crime.
Omo, many Nigerians call it corruption when it doesn't favour them; but they call it "grace, favour or wisdom" when they effectively circumvent the system.

Very sad.
Re: NIN Controversy by adedejiola: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
sad sad
Re: NIN Controversy by deborahrita: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Why would you use somebody else's fingerprint for your child's document? That is impersonation and it is a crime.
Omo, many Nigerians call it corruption when it doesn't favour them; but they call it "grace, favour or wisdom" when they effectively circumvent the system.

Very sad.
some People are uneducated
Re: NIN Controversy by olajidebary: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2023
After checking my details on the portal is showing wrong DOB . Please how will I go about this
Re: NIN Controversy by madyfrank: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
After checking my NIN on the portal is saying not Active and I have wrong DOB. Please how can I correct it, I need it urgent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN Controversy by miraolakunle: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
angry
Re: NIN Controversy by Toktee(m): 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
BabbanBura:

Yes, that's because she do not have time for that child, it's nanny that's in charge.
She should give the child to her nanny to take there.
Re: NIN Controversy by saintneo(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
Chinny024:
Help Nairaland.
My question now is that;
B)Will it have any implications on his future and that of the brother. Was

NB)I need to get them a international passport urgently by June 1st!!..
Thanks.

Don't listen the person asking your first son to do the thumbprint. If you to a NIN centre with powerful machine your child will be captured easily. If you are in Lagos, I can refer you.
Re: NIN Controversy by miraolakunle: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
NIN issues everywhere bad government extorting people in the name of details correction modifications they purposely created within them self

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Deny Their Husband Sex After Marriage? / What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? / SHOCKER!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.