Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA (821 Views)

Have Just Been Diagnosed With Herpes / Have You Ever Been Diagnosed Of The Wrong Genotype? Share Your Experience / Corper Diagnosed Of Lassa Fever In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA by WishfulProtege: 4:01pm On May 30, 2021
Warmest Greetings!

Sincerely, I am so glad I am a member of this Nairaland community and I hope that I gets support here. Not until now, I knew really nothing about glaucoma.

Sometimes around March of this present year, in an attempt to settle a fight between two people, I was hit seriously in my eye by a fist and unbeknownst to me, it was something that ought to have been given immediate Care because I could not see in the affected eye at the very moment it happened. Soon, days went by and I still couldn't see, afterwards, I was prompted to see an eye doctor of which several tests were conducted on me and was told to have had 8/10 optic nerve damaged due to high pressure in the eyes as a result of the hit in the eye and was given some eye drops to lower my pressure to further reduce continuous damage to the severely damaged optic nerve whose implication is that my peripheral vision is lost in the eye (can't see) but because I was new to my current state of health challenge, I was apparently putting the eye drops (even though they are expensive) in the wrong manner.
Perhaps, there is a specific manner in which eye drops are administered but I was doing it all wrongly with no formal education on how to administer the drugs from the hospital which shouldn't have been.

While in a state of denial, I could not come to accept that I can't see with the affected eye again, I further proceeded to about three differents hospital at a different time and series of tests were equally done to ascertain the level of damage in the eyes of which varying conclusion shows that I have glaucoma and I have come to accept the truth and as it stands, I have been using my drugs in the right manner after which I was shown how-to in one of the new hospitals I visited and my eye pressure has since dropped from the high value ever since but what saddens me most is that I have to continuously use eye drops for the rest of my life and this eye drops does not come cheaply and at the moment I have no job and all expenses of the hospital (registration, consultation, test, drugs, etc.,) were sourced at length by my already aging parents. Not just that, I am only 27 years of age and every indication points out that glaucoma affects people of age 45+ should there be any case of a blown one like mine but mine occurred as a result of traumatic injury like I had stated earlier. Ain't seeking a pity party but rather the possible support I can get since I have to continuously battle with this for a lifetime.

To this very end, I am seeking all forms of support that you probably know could help me in this my newly found state. Possibly, if you know any organization that helps support people with glaucoma one way or the other, please do me a great favour of linking me up. Not just that, if you have a sustainable job that I could do to help maintain my new life, please, kindly help me. I shall always remain loyal and grateful to you.
Re: I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA by Tizu(m): 4:02pm On May 30, 2021
Please take this to FP.
Very vital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA by IvyGRush: 10:26pm On May 30, 2021
Ain't seeking a pity party but rather the possible support I can get since I have to continuously battle with this for a lifetime.

You don't have to bro.
The Solution is here 07033177811
Cal the Line by 11am in the Morning
Re: I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA by IvyGRush: 10:30am On May 31, 2021
WishfulProtege:
Warmest Greetings!

Sincerely, I am so glad I am a member of this Nairaland community and I hope that I gets support here. Not until now, I knew really nothing about glaucoma.

Sometimes around March of this present year, in an attempt to settle a fight between two people, I was hit seriously in my eye by a fist and unbeknownst to me, it was something that ought to have been given immediate Care because I could not see in the affected eye at the very moment it happened. Soon, days went by and I still couldn't see, afterwards, I was prompted to see an eye doctor of which several tests were conducted on me and was told to have had 8/10 optic nerve damaged due to high pressure in the eyes as a result of the hit in the eye and was given some eye drops to lower my pressure to further reduce continuous damage to the severely damaged optic nerve whose implication is that my peripheral vision is lost in the eye (can't see) but because I was new to my current state of health challenge, I was apparently putting the eye drops (even though they are expensive) in the wrong manner.
Perhaps, there is a specific manner in which eye drops are administered but I was doing it all wrongly with no formal education on how to administer the drugs from the hospital which shouldn't have been.

While in a state of denial, I could not come to accept that I can't see with the affected eye again, I further proceeded to about three differents hospital at a different time and series of tests were equally done to ascertain the level of damage in the eyes of which varying conclusion shows that I have glaucoma and I have come to accept the truth and as it stands, I have been using my drugs in the right manner after which I was shown how-to in one of the new hospitals I visited and my eye pressure has since dropped from the high value ever since but what saddens me most is that I have to continuously use eye drops for the rest of my life and this eye drops does not come cheaply and at the moment I have no job and all expenses of the hospital (registration, consultation, test, drugs, etc.,) were sourced at length by my already aging parents. Not just that, I am only 27 years of age and every indication points out that glaucoma affects people of age 45+ should there be any case of a blown one like mine but mine occurred as a result of traumatic injury like I had stated earlier. Ain't seeking a pity party but rather the possible support I can get since I have to continuously battle with this for a lifetime.

To this very end, I am seeking all forms of support that you probably know could help me in this my newly found state. Possibly, if you know any organization that helps support people with glaucoma one way or the other, please do me a great favour of linking me up. Not just that, if you have a sustainable job that I could do to help maintain my new life, please, kindly help me. I shall always remain loyal and grateful to you.

Thirty Minutes to the Time
Good Morning
Re: I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA by WishfulProtege: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2021
WishfulProtege:
Warmest Greetings!

Re: I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA by oxypressPlus: 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2021
WishfulProtege:
Warmest Greetings!

What you had was a traumatic optic neuropathy (TON) not a glaucoma. Glauma appeared because of the primary injury bro. As you mentioned the primary injury was neglected and it gave rise to glaucoma.

We do not know the level of blindness now. See your opthalmolojist to reassed the eye. After that we will suggest a few sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to see if vission will improve. This is known as diagnostic therapy. It there is little improvement it means hbot will be your line of treatment and not glaucoma treatment. If you need more explanation contact us by whatsapp.
Please read this if intrested:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30241127/

(1) (Reply)

Where Does Our Soul Reside / Herbs Preparation That Tackle Prostatitis,prostate enlargement&Prostate Cancer / Unbelievable. . .haemangioma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.