Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) (9286 Views)

Poll: Who is the best performing Governor in Nigeria

Sullivan Chime(Enugu): 27% (23 votes)
Babatunde Fashola(Lagos): 58% (49 votes)
Chibuike Amaechi(Rivers): 10% (9 votes)
Godswill Akpabio(Akwa-Ibom): 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo: Compare Wike Vs Amaechi's Wife / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Afam4eva(m): 5:32pm On May 01, 2011
These governors have several things in common. Apart from the fact that they all  came into office in 2007 for their first term in office. They have proven that they are the best performing governors in Nigeria. This was buttressed by the margin at which they won the recent governorship election in their respective states. Unlike other incubent governors that used the power of incumbency to win by slight margins. These four performers won with over 80% of votes.

Their work in their various states speaks volume of what they have done for their people. They have all done well. However i'll like your opinion of who you think is the best performing. I have a feeling that most people will go for Fashola probably because most people on this forum live in Lagos and hear more of Fashola than any of those other governors. But i want us to be objective and base this on what they have done considering the resources available at their disposal.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Chyz2: 5:43pm On May 01, 2011
Amaechi,hands down. Why mention Akpabio? He's tarnished everything with the violence and extreme rigging in the gubernational elections and leading up to the elections as well. If he was as good as claimed, he wouldn't have had to have his opponent thrown in jail and then rearrested after he got bail,just my opinion. Amaechi is the man. cool
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Omen100(m): 5:46pm On May 01, 2011
Does it including safety of lives & security?
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Afam4eva(m): 5:47pm On May 01, 2011
Omen100:

Does it including safety of lives & security?

Definitely.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by baksonlee: 5:56pm On May 01, 2011
Pls remove Akpabio from that list asap
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by jason123: 5:59pm On May 01, 2011
I think it's Fashola because of the its hard to develop the most populous state. With the state population density of Lagos in any of those states, I think other governors will struggle with the mass management.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 01, 2011
Akpabio and Amaechi depend heavily on federal allocation while fashola on the other hand depends on IGR,yet he's doing fine than them.Abeg give it to him jo.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Afam4eva(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2011
baksonlee:

Pls remove Akpabio from that list asap

Give me a good reason with evidence why i should exclude Akpabio. I also heard that he's doing great things in Akwa-Ibom. If you think he's dirt then you mustn't vote for him.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Akpabio and Amaechi depend heavily on federal allocation while fashola on the other hand depends on IGR,yet he's doing fine than them.Abeg give it to him jo.

You have a point there but what do you have to say about Chime who gets little from the federal account.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Afam4eva(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2011
jason123:

I think it's Fashola because of the its hard to develop the most populous state. With the state population density of Lagos in any of those states, I think other governors will struggle with the mass management.

Thanks for your contribution. But note that the fact that Lagos is very populous does not account because Fashola is not feeding the over 10 million population. Plus he's not known to have done people orientated project.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On May 01, 2011
If we consider that Amaechi and Akpabio gets a lot money and have lesser population

That leaves Fashola and Chime

I go with Fashola considering the population
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2011
dayokanu:

If we consider that Amaechi and Akpabio gets a lot money and have lesser population

That leaves Fashola and Chime

I go with Fashola considering the population

Look at my last post.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 01, 2011
afam4eva:

You have a point there but what do you have to say about Chime who gets little from the federal account.

Honestly,I think governors that generate revenue irrespective of monthly allocation from Abuja should be given more kudos cuz I always wonder how some states would have been if there is no oil or abuja money to share.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by edogirl2: 6:38pm On May 01, 2011
The almost overwhelming problems that Lagos face makes Fashola's decent effort stand out.

Fashola, no doubt
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by jason123: 6:47pm On May 01, 2011
afam4eva:

Thanks for your contribution. But note that the fact that Lagos is very populous does not account because Fashola is not feeding the over 10 million population. Plus he's not known to have done people orientated project.
Apart from what I stated, he is also handling the most ethnically diverse state in Nigeria if not Africa, yet, there has been no conflict compared to a state like Kaduna, Kano . .etc
He also has the most ethnically diverse cabinet in Nigeria. He fore-saw the most ambitious project in West-Africa (Eko atlantic). Now, he is building a monorail.
Some good projects might not be people oriented but that is a minor price we must pay for development because development does not come cheap.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Chyz2: 6:58pm On May 01, 2011
jason123:

Apart from what I stated, he is also handling the most ethnically diverse state in Nigeria if not Africa, yet, there has been no conflict compared to a state like Kaduna, Kano . .etc
He also has the most ethnically diverse cabinet in Nigeria. He fore-saw the most ambitious project in West-Africa (Eko atlantic). Now, he is building a monorail.
Some good projects might not be people oriented but that is a minor price we must pay for development because development does not come cheap.

Most ethnically diversed cabinet in nigeria? Who told you that lie? Cross Rivers state alone is a babel, check the different ethnicity in their cabinet. I guess you haven't check the Riverstate cabinet,not to talk of up north. Also, I don't think Igbo,Hausa,etc. would be complaining of not having spots in his cabinet if it was the "most diverse". Heck, even the aworis were claiming discrimination of getting spots in his cabinet.

Oversaw the most ambitious project in West-Africa(Eko Atlantic)? Where that come from?! And what is ment by "most ambitious"?

Isn't Amaechis monorail like complete right now?. grin

Bad examples you gave,dude.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by EkoIle1: 7:07pm On May 01, 2011
Fashola and these incompetent losers on the same scale? What an insult. Well, it's the usual ibo folks and their lousy insecurity.

Fashola wont even let these losers tie his shoes for free,
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by jason123: 7:08pm On May 01, 2011
Chyz*:

Most ethnically diversed cabinet in nigeria? Who told you that lie? Cross Rivers state alone is a babel, check the different ethnicity in their cabinet. I guess you haven't check the Riverstate cabinet,not to talk of up north. Also, I don't think Igbo,Hausa,etc. would be complaining of not having spots in his cabinet if it was the "most diverse". Heck, even the aworis were claiming discrimination of getting spots in his cabinet.

Oversaw the most ambitious project in West-Africa(Eko Atlantic)? Where that come from?! And what is ment by "most ambitious"?

Isn't Amaechis monorail like complete right now?. grin

Bad examples you gave,dude.

The Hausas only started complaining when Igbos in Lagos said they were not given enough post. But c'mon, Fashola has tried to bring everyone regardless of their various ethnic group into his cabinet. Aworis?lol. Even Fashola himself is an Awori man. But really, if an Igbo man such as Ben is better in doing the job than the "Awori" man, then you have to reward him.
About Eko atlantic, which other project in West Africa beats it?? Maybe I am missing something, please let me know.
About the monorails, is Amechi's completed?? The last I heard of it, it was not. Anyway, Rivers still depends on Oil but Lagos does not. Even in ethnic diversity, Lagos beats any state in West Africa, yet, there is no discrimination or violence, so what gives?
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by jason123: 7:10pm On May 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Fashola and these incompetent losers on the same scale? What an insult. Well, it's the usual ibo folks and their lousy insecurity.

Here we go again with your stupi.dity!!!! Such daftness exhibited by a "grown man". If you can't contribute positively to the thread, then get out!!!! Ode iranu!!!
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by seanet02: 7:10pm On May 01, 2011
Akpabio to me is not among the best. Fashola and Amaechi to me stands out. Fashola surely takes it when you consider the fact that he is on almost the same budget with Amaechi and yet he has more civil servants than any state in the Federation, more schools than any state, more teachers than any state, more Doctors than anybody and moreover more infrastructural needs than any state, it has the largest road network coupled with a large population of over 18 million you just have to give it to him. All this thing requires not only idea but also the Root of all evil. Amaechi though is a nice governor but he doesnt just have all this headaches that Fashola has gotten. Amaechi have less than 5 million people to take of, yet he receives almost the same budget with lagos. FASHOLA ROCKS!
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by jason123: 7:12pm On May 01, 2011
seanet02:

Akpabio to me is not among the best. Fashola and Amaechi to me stands out. Fashola surely takes it when you consider the fact that he is on almost the same budget with Amaechi and yet he has more civil servants than any state in the Federation, more schools than any state, more teachers than any state, more Doctors than anybody and moreover more infrastructural needs than any state, it has the largest road network coupled with a large population of over 18 million you just have to give it to him. All this thing requires not only idea but also the Root of all evil. Amaechi though is a nice governor but he doesnt just have all this headaches that Fashola has gotten. Amaechi have less than 5 million people to take of, yet he receives almost the same budget with lagos. FASHOLA ROCKS!

Supported!! Chyz, here you go! The floor is open . . . grin cheesy
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Chyz2: 7:21pm On May 01, 2011
jason123:

The Hausas only started complaining when Igbos in Lagos said they were not given enough post. But c'mon, Fashola has tried to bring everyone regardless of their various ethnic group into his cabinet. Aworis?lol. Even Fashola himself is an Awori man. But really, if an Igbo man such as Ben is better in doing the job than the "Awori" man, then you have to reward him.
About Eko atlantic, which other project in West Africa beats it?? Maybe I am missing something, please let me know.
About the monorails, is Amechi's completed?? The last I heard of it, it was not. Anyway, Rivers still depends on Oil but Lagos does not. Even in ethnic diversity, Lagos beats any state in West Africa, yet, there is no discrimination or violence, so what gives?

@ Bolded, when the hell has we ever said such? Not that I care. Can you provide me with a list of Fasholas cabinet so that i may see the diversity? As for the Eko Atlantic, do you even know all of the projects that are taking place in West-Africa? I think it's best you stick to "within nigeria". Maybe you should google "biggest project in West africa" or something. Lagos receives no Oild now? Its no longer an "oil-producing" state? No-offshore, abi? No discrimination or violence? Clearly you're not talking about lagos,lol
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by EkoIle1: 7:25pm On May 01, 2011
jason123:

Here we go again with your stupi.dity!!!! Such daftness exhibited by a "grown man". If you can't contribute positively to the thread, then get out!!!! Ode iranu!!!

The daftness is the other way around. It's not only daft to compare the 3, it's idiotic and moronic. What are you basing your comparison on? Where is the matrix? Are they even functioning on the same leve, same priorites, in same or similar enviroment? Just what. On monorail?

You people need to quit coming up with these d/umb abd silly comparisons
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by cantell(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

I'll advise you to take permission and have your comment reviewed before you make any comment.
Your comment smells like cow sh*it.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Chyz2: 7:28pm On May 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

The daftness is the other way around. It's not only daft to compare the 3, it's idiotic and moronic. What are you basing your comparison on? Where is the matrix? Are they even functioning on the same leve, same priorites, in same or similar enviroment? Just what. On monorail?

Oko Ile, you insecurities go bring you heart-attack grin
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by KnowAll(m): 7:29pm On May 01, 2011
[b]Amechi and Apabio should cover their faces in shame. Should any Nigerian be looking for greener pasture outside Nigeria when you have a state with a very small population getting so much by way of derivative and nothing to show for.

Give me those two states and in 12 months time come and see el-dorado emerge on the shores of Naija, those guys are failures. In a free and fair election I think the ACN would have trounced that dunce in Akwa Ibom State and given Amechi a run for his money.

I am impressed by Chime thus, what made me more appreciative of this young man was his recent spat with the press that he would not be seeking elected office after his second term in office, well I would implore Enugu citizens to watch him carefully in his second term, is he for real? does he hope to continue what he has started and with the same enthusiasm and vigour if the answers to all these questions is yes then he is rare gem and we should strive as a nation to see more people like him come forward.

Come to think of it, all those Senators and Reps men and ex Governors who are yesterday's men what have they done with all the money they were paid and the deals they cut when they were at the realm of affairs. It is shame to note that all these callous people called our leaders have no cottage industries whatsoever in their towns and villages they seem to be political jobbers always on the look out for next looting jamboree.

Fashola on the other hand has increased the IGR  of the state astronomically although this positive, inspirational and untapped revenue generational scheme  cannot be put solely on Fashola's shoulders,  the genesis and the zeal for this kind of income re-generation was pushed forward by no other person than Tinubu, well their is a saying "necessity is the mother of invention", Fashola has however moved the income stream generated through IGR into the stratosphere. Kudos to Fashola for catching the vision of his mentorer.

I think continuum in administration in Lagos State is bearing fruits, I believe Fashola would have a say on who he passes the baton to and the input of Tinubu would be minimal, you may beg to differ with me on this, but that is the right way for Lagos State if they want to see most of their grandiose projects come to fruition.

Eko Atlantic City needs a visionary who shares Fashola's dreams, the various Train Lines planned for Lagos in the future which on the last count was about 6  or 8 diffrent lines would need a visionary who shares Fashola's dreams, the greatest de-incentive a state can do to her self is breaking away from a winning formula and start forging ahead in a different direction that is not only self inflicting but it destroys the good works of past and well rounded administrators.

Donald Duke in Cross River State is a classic example where a different administrator upon becoming the Governor started  pursuing a different agenda. we don't need that in Lagos State or the SW states of course if any of the newly elected Governors are performing below expectation they should be kicked out without hesitation.[/b]
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by enyojo(f): 7:31pm On May 01, 2011
seanet02:

NEED I SAY MORE? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by enyojo(f): 7:34pm On May 01, 2011
LAGOS BUILT MORE ROADS THAN GHANA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtOmI1OlX-8
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by AjanleKoko: 7:44pm On May 01, 2011
Fashola first, Chime second.

Akpabio and Amaechi are both bloody thieves who haven't done diddly-squat with all the allocation they've swallowed in 4 years.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by EzeUche2(m): 7:46pm On May 01, 2011
I will have to say Amaechi, since I have been impacted by his development. Since I am a resident of Rivers State, I can see how he has changed the state for better. He is hundred times better than Peter Odili who was simply a crook. What is a hindrance to Amaechi is these corrupt contractors. They steal money and he has to find them and make them work. That is why Amaechi's new policy is to hire foreigners because local contractors cannot be trusted.

People need to stop talking about governors if they never been to the state. Akpabio has definitely developed his state in terms of infrastructure. Akwa Ibom's infrastructure development is unrivaled to any state that I know of. The man may be a tout when it comes to dealing with the opposition, but he definitely knows how to improve his state.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by ektbear: 7:52pm On May 01, 2011
This thread needs to have a poll.
Re: Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 01, 2011
for me personally,
1, chime
2, fashola
3, amaechi
4, akpabio

nb: i dont think amaechi is many rungs ahead of akpabio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos / Police Inspector Feared Dead In Gombe / Democracy Is Not About Quarrelling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.