Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Was Use To Grind Casava Before The Advent Of Mechanical Engine? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Use To Grind Casava Before The Advent Of Mechanical Engine? (306 Views)

Please What Can I Use To Reduce My Cheeks. They Are Too Big Pics. / (video) Watch How A Lady Allowed A Man To Grind Her Big ‘baka’ At A Wedding / My Husband Asks For Cloth I Use To Clean Up After Sex – Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Was Use To Grind Casava Before The Advent Of Mechanical Engine? by ICTWeb: 7:07am On Jun 01, 2021
Casava is consumed all over West Africa and Nigeria been it origin. Casava came to africa from the igbo and from this tribe it was transported to other part of the country and extended to west africa. Casava is process into various forms of meal and among them is garri.

Garri is as old as consuming casava itself. So I was wondering what africans use in grinding casava for garri processing or was garri discovered after the advent of mechanical engine? Probably after discovering of crude oil?
Re: What Was Use To Grind Casava Before The Advent Of Mechanical Engine? by sola12(m): 11:29am On Jun 01, 2021
It was soaked for three days or more n allowed to ferment and then pounded. Then product are extracted from it..... Eg garri, cassava flour( lafu), strach etc.
Re: What Was Use To Grind Casava Before The Advent Of Mechanical Engine? by ICTWeb: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
sola12:
It was soaked for three days or more n allowed to ferment and then pounded. Then product are extracted from it..... Eg garri, cassava flour( lafu), strach etc.
what you said is apku fufu and not garri.

(1) (Reply)

Cockerels At Affordable Prices For Sale / True Life Story / Affordable Fumigation & Pest Control Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.