Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? (16897 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by neutralmind: 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
observanc1:
do people still go to court?

YES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Bahose(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
One man who called himself a lawyer who stays in second flat that always makes me comfortable, I think it's time to beat him up.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by davidafe(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
No wonder that mumu lawyer been sue Davido n Co because of endsars � grin
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Futuragetty: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tbh It has'nt been easy and I cannot complain, nobody listens. Btw, I am now a full-time property agent.

6 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by barag(f): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
Cosmatikka:
That is how one lawyer was arguing with me in 2018 that Lawyers have more relevance than Doctors.
Imagine say lawyers dey strike since and no one is even aware. But make doctors go for one day, ppl for Nairaland go dey self-service upandan
Lawyers are not on strike, the judiciary is. There's a difference.

3 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Onyi22(f): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
grin cheesy Lawyer ko, lawyer ni
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Munzy14(m): 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
This is not the type of country where you depend on wetin you study in school to make a living...Lawyers have a handfull of time to diversify...

Who hunger wire, na em lazy pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Buffalo2(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
Victor1097:
They have diversified into UGM grin
Abi UKM (Ungun Known Men)
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
BKayy:
It seems Lawyers are really useless in Nigeria
No court sitting and nobody really noticed

You will not if you are inactive in business or scratch for a living. Those into the big deals and big things are feeling it as well.

The risk levels are just rising which means more overheads to secure performance.

Its bad out there.

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Mitsurugi(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
BKayy:

Wait till you enter am! You'll beg for the lousiest charge and bail grin

6 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by ultimateprof: 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
BKayy:

Point of correction, its this present administration that is useless not our Lawyers, better still PMB!

2 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by smallsmall: 6:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Cerebellum:
I can never, never never(in jexi's voice) grin tell my enemy to study law

Just look at the labour market...too saturated with little or no job,,, who black robe Epp

Nah only "The law" una go dey heargrin

When u graduate, e go shock una

Remember say #Hunger bad

Iree o

BKayy:

I disagree, Sirs!
Law, just like Philosophy, is the basis of intelligence and every man worth his salt, must study or know a little bit of Law.
Studying Law is all about acquiring general knowledge of everything and specific knowledge of what is right or wrong so, it makes you a far better humanbeing, to study Law.

And it is not restricted to Lawyers alone, l have some other friends who are "self employed" like Lawyers and they are not finding it easy since the Pandemic started, just that our case in Nigeria, is kind of self inflicted.

My advice is that every self-employed person, Lawyers inclusive, must always think ahead and know that it does not rain everyday.
Having a running business, empowering your wife to run a Business you invested inside, having passive incomes from investments (for example, my income from various Rent alone, can sustain me for ever, at a lower level of lifestyle, ofcourse, if l decide l am not working again) to cushion for days like this, should be top priority.

Like everything else, there will always be Ups and Downs, Cheer-Up and dont be downcast, better days will come.
Use this 'idle time' to learn something you have not learnt before, due to time constraints.
It will be well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Angelacruz: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
Anytin related to health is d future
Cosmatikka:
That is how one lawyer was arguing with me in 2018 that Lawyers have more relevance than Doctors.
Imagine say judiciary dey on strike since and no one is even aware. But make doctors go for one day, ppl for Nairaland go dey self-service upandan

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by dallasi: 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lawyers are evil & vile....hate them with passion
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by smallsmall: 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
Bahose:
One man who called himself a lawyer who stays in second flat that always makes me comfortable, I think it's time to beat him up.

Please do and quickly too, he needs the Money. grin
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by telkevog(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
GentleLaw:
My uncle who is even a senior lawyer is not having it easy this period. His family is solely depend on the wife's salary these days because the man is not that productive owing to the ongoing strike by JUSUN. Even 5k and he'll tell you he does not have unlike before.

On my own side, I'm almost a beggar now. Those small small businesses that used to come in are no where available these days. It's not easy surviving especially when having mouths to feed.

How is it going with you?
I feel for you, it is not easy at all. I am a Registrar, it has not been easy for we the staff too. Rivers State Governor, Wike thinks himself a God. He is the one brainwashing other governors against signing the Memorandum of Action reached during the meeting of NGF and JUSUN with Labour Minister, whereas the two other parties (JUSUN and Labor ministry rep. FG) have signed. Earlier this week, he even tried using the Rivers State NBA chairman to call off the strike in Rivers State. The National Leadership of JUSUN Rose to the challenge swiftly and reminded him that both him and the governor lack such powers. Being a lawyer whose wife is a Judge should he not be in the Frontline of protecting the interest of the Judiciary? We will not succumb to their pressure this time.
I pray God to sustain you lawyers by any possible means.
We die there. We move!

6 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Kayrich(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
You dey there dey complain of no sitting when all una mate don grab real estate job from us estate consultants.

3 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Synord(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
Do Affiliate Marketing . That is what is helping me as a young lawyer ..
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Cerebellum: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
smallsmall:

I disagree, Sirs!
Law, just like Philosophy, is the basis of intelligence and every man worth his salt, must study or know a little bit of Law.
Studying Law is all about acquiring general knowledge of everything and specific knowledge of what is right or wrong so, it makes you a far better humanbeing, to study Law.

And it is not restricted to Lawyers alone, l have some other friends who are "self employed" like Lawyers and they are not finding it easy since the Pandemic started, just that our case in Nigeria, is kind of self inflicted.

My advice is that every self-employed person, Lawyers inclusive, must always think ahead and know that it does not rain everyday.
Having a running business, empowering your wife to run a Business you invested inside, having passive incomes from investments (for example, my income from various Rent alone, can sustain me for ever, at a lower level of lifestyle, ofcourse, if l decide l am not working again) to cushion for days like this, should be top priority.

Like everything else, there will always be Ups and Downs, Cheer-Up and dont be downcast, better days will come.
Use this 'idle time' to learn something you have not learnt before, due to time constraints.
It will be well.

I understand you but why do I need to 'think ahead' in a basical level o if my so called law course is lucrative?

Think from the angle of this country self...things are no longer as they are before, bro

One need to hustle hard not get hyped with the course that keep making us broke indirectly!
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by emkz: 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
Many resorted to driving Uber.

The people we call leaders are a curse to the nation. Someone said lawyers are on strike and no one noticed. Pray not to be arrested and you need a judge to grant your bail and the judge cannot sit.

Baba Ijesha.

5 Likes

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Jobabori(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
ultimateprof:

Point of correction, its this present administration that is useless not our Lawyers, better still PMB!
Point of correction, it is not only judiciary workers at federal level that are on strike against Buhari but those of states are also on strike against their governors. One of the reasons for strike is refusal of state governors to give financial autonomy to the judiciary while those at federal level are enjoying the autonomy. I know blaming Buhari is your leisure but be more fair and logica lin doing it.

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by smallsmall: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
telkevog:

I feel for you, it is not easy at all. I am a Registrar, it has not been easy for we the staff too. Rivers State Governor, Wike thinks himself a God. He is the one brainwashing other governors against signing the Memorandum of Action reached during the meeting of NGF and JUSUN with Labour Minister, whereas the two other parties (JUSUN and Labor ministry rep. FG) have signed. Earlier this week, he even tried using the Rivers State NBA chairman to call off the strike in Rivers State. The National Leadership of JUSUN Rose to the challenge swiftly and reminded him that both him and the governor lack such powers. Being a lawyer whose wife is a Judge should he not be in the Frontline of protecting the interest of the Judiciary? We will not succumb to their pressure this time.
I pray God to sustain you lawyers by any possible means.
We die there. We move!

We wont even die but we Move.
I hope one day, the Lawmakers will take a good look at a situation where the Wife of the Executive Governor of a State, is also the Chief Judge or a High-ranking Judge of that same State.
The Principles of Separation of Powers, in a Democracy, is not enhanced with such arraignment.
Having the Executive and Judiciary Arm under the "Same Roof" is not good for Democracy.

Ondo State had a similar conundrum, before the Pandemic.

Going forward, Tough People will rise up to the occasion, when Times are Tough.
We stay Strong.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Teespice(f): 6:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Sincerely, the strike has made me lazier than usual.

I really feel sad for my colleagues who are not finding it easy. Really hoping that the strike gets called off before month end.

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by seangy4konji: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
na land sale abi grabbing dem deh take survive..percentage and yahoo yahoo and the ladies doing olonsho by the side....dem full codedruns...
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by angelfallz(m): 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Never rely on one source of income, especially if you're a family man, so as to avoid insults.

GentleLaw:
My uncle who is even a senior lawyer is not having it easy this period. His family is solely depend on the wife's salary these days because the man is not that productive owing to the ongoing strike by JUSUN. Even 5k and he'll tell you he does not have unlike before.

On my own side, I'm almost a beggar now. Those small small businesses that used to come in are no where available these days. It's not easy surviving especially when having mouths to feed.

How is it going with you?

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by toygod2: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
[quote author=Victor1097 post=102373999]They have diversified into UGM grin[/quote

Lmaooo
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by OfficialSam(m): 6:59pm On Jun 04, 2021
BKayy:

You people talk anyhow. Very foolish of you. Do you think the Law profession is all about going to court? Ode!
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by BKayy: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
OfficialSam:

You people talk anyhow. Very foolish of you. Do you think the Law profession is all about going to court? Ode!
How come nobody noticed anything?

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by prigoz(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
GentleLaw:
Worse is there's no end on sight. The type of people in leadership positions in this country is something else.
Hope you are not ones of those people that were shouting Sia Baba bcoz if you are menhhhh.

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Georgejeez: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
The lawyers that are into street ain't complaining ,, in fact the strike has afforded them the opportunity to bomb endlessly while awaiting the dividends of the strike ABI judicial lockdown .
If you are a lawyer and gat a smartphone yet broke these times , my guy you de dull pass the dullard.

The truth is: you guys are practicing law in a lawless country

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by NeeKlaus: 7:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
Munzy14:
This is not the type of country where you depend on wetin you study in school to make a living...Lawyers have a handfull of time to diversify...

Who hunger wire, na em lazy pass.
It's not permitted by the Lawyer' Rules of Professional Conduct to be having side businesses while practicing law. I am a lawyer myself.

Although, many lawyers don't obey it anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! / Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.