Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? (16895 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Munzy14(m): 9:08am On Jun 05, 2021
NeeKlaus:

LOL, I actually don't care about it. It's bollocks to me and we have all questioned that rule many times.

I was only stating the official position on that issue.
Ok...Better...

Even scriptures support multiple income...
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by holurinde(m): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2021
barag:

Go to Ministry of Justice in your state Secretariat. They are not on strike. Also depending on the nature of affidavit you want to do, you can go a Customary Court and get it done.
@ the bolded, i just wanna change my other name.thanks
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by lanre88(m): 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2021
We have a project to help you all make sustainable income.

The ball is in your court, stay blessed.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by vidadida: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2021
I actually need a lawyer that's resident in Abuja to help me draft a financier agreement.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by telkevog(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
BarrElChapo:
God bless sir. Where are you based ?

I am in Aba, Abia state

1 Like

Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by peddy231(m): 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2021
holurinde:

can you pls shed more light on the bolded...thanks
The same way you prepare an affidavit and depose to before a commissioner for oaths in the Court,in this instance you will depose to the prepared affidavit before a notary public(lawyers of not less than 7 years post call appointed by the CJN).
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by holurinde(m): 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2021
peddy231:

The same way you prepare an affidavit and depose to before a commissioner for oaths in the Court,in this instance you will depose to the prepared affidavit before a notary public(lawyers of not less than 7 years post call appointed by the CJN).

Thanks for ur response sir...but i doubt if i can see any notable puplic aroud here
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by barag(f): 6:22am On Jun 06, 2021
holurinde:

Thanks for ur response sir...but i doubt if i can see any notable puplic aroud here
Where are you based? Ask around you surely find one. Or if you are resident in your state capital just got to the Ministry of Justice in your state Secretariat, you'll be able to get it done there.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by holurinde(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2021
barag:

Where are you based?

Around owode-yewa, ogun state.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by holurinde(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2021
barag:
Ask around you surely find one.
Alryt..i'll do that asap. THANKS
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by streamsofjoy(f): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2021
smallsmall:

I disagree, Sirs!
Law, just like Philosophy, is the basis of intelligence and every man worth his salt, must study or know a little bit of Law.
Studying Law is all about acquiring general knowledge of everything and specific knowledge of what is right or wrong so, it makes you a far better humanbeing, to study Law.

And it is not restricted to Lawyers alone, l have some other friends who are "self employed" like Lawyers and they are not finding it easy since the Pandemic started, just that our case in Nigeria, is kind of self inflicted.

My advice is that every self-employed person, Lawyers inclusive, must always think ahead and know that it does not rain everyday.
Having a running business, empowering your wife to run a Business you invested inside, having passive incomes from investments (for example, my income from various Rent alone, can sustain me for ever, at a lower level of lifestyle, ofcourse, if l decide l am not working again) to cushion for days like this, should be top priority.

Like everything else, there will always be Ups and Downs, Cheer-Up and dont be downcast, better days will come.
Use this 'idle time' to learn something you have not learnt before, due to time constraints.
It will be well.

Well said sir, people always looking for the slightest opportunity to ventilate their grievances against the legal profession.
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Adeyemi0(m): 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
holurinde:
pls lawyers in the house, is there any other way i can do affidavit apart frm going to court...thanks in advance
Please I also need this for a change of ownership. Any help?
Re: Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? by Domale: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hey guys, I don't know much about law but I need to notarize my documents. I came across such situation the first time so I don't know how to find a good notary service. Who can help me with this issue? And how to choose a reliable notary? I would be very appreciative of any kind of info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! / Insecurty: Call To Bar Moved From Law School / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.