Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors (18940 Views)

Sagamite Officially Declares Buhari 2015 Presidential Elections Winner! / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 7:27am On May 02, 2011
EzeUche__:

Can you give me some proof? I do not really pay attention to your Pro-SW threads. Now where is the proof. Why should I concern myself about another man's land Toyin?

I probably know more about the SW, than you know of the SE.

You should really think about your posts before and after you post them.
This is not kindergateen, I should not be guiding your post all over the place. Cease posting on matters you do not care to know about. NL cannot explain who SW'ners are or how they came about in totality. Just saying.

Anywaz, I'm less bored now. Peace out!
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by ektbear: 7:32am On May 02, 2011
^-- damn

that was kinda cold  lipsrsealed
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by EzeUche3(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2011
I am laughing right now. grin

Ekt_bear had to have Ileke-Idi fight his battle.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by ektbear: 7:38am On May 02, 2011
Heh. There is/was no battle to fight, dude. . . there is nothing to discuss between you and I. As I said in my earlier post. . . going to be more selective about who I interact with on this site.

Just as I don't debate politics with rednecks here in the US, it doesn't make sense to debate everyone on this site.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't mock if someone else chooses to smack you smiley
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Bawss1(m): 11:24am On May 02, 2011
Apparently Ezeuche is only here for a fight, why not critique the ratings or do everyone a favor and remain silent.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by seanet02: 11:34am On May 02, 2011
Very good analysis. though suspect foul play on peter Obis rating
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by clemsajayi07(m): 12:55pm On May 02, 2011
Nice analysis, don't u think that it will be better if you state some of their major achievements either in career or as state governor?Thanks
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by clemsajayi07(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2011
Nice analysis, don't u think that it will be better if you state some of their major achievements either in career or as state governor?Thanks
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by jaybee3(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2011
We need Pros and Cons homeboi grin grin grin grin
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2011
clemsajayi07:

jay bee:

We need Pros and Cons homeboi grin grin grin grin

Bruvs, I wanted people to discuss and critique first. grin

Ok, I will do the pros and cons now.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by chic2pimp(m): 2:41pm On May 02, 2011
I am definitely in agreement with the description of that crook called EMMANUEL UDUAGHAN. BLOODY CRETIN!!!
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Gbenge77(m): 2:56pm On May 02, 2011
Gov.Uduaghan of Delta state and Ikedi Ohakim of Imo state are No-hopers.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 3:26pm On May 02, 2011
Top notch
Babatunde Fashola (Lagos)
Pros:
- Well educated and made SAN
- Reached a peak and achieved in private sector
- Has done marvelously well as a governor demonstrating previously unseen vision
- Speaks intelligently and eloquently when seen or read in media (I loved "it is not their age that is a problem, it is the age of their ideas"wink
- The people of all tribes in Lagos are raving about him

Cons:
- This is minor but maybe too gentlemanly. I have not seen the sign he can turn on the heat to extreme hot like Sanusi (CBN) who is willing to offend anybody to see Nigeria progress.

Good
Adams Oshiomhole (Edo)
Pros:
- Understands the needs of the common man
- The Edo people were clamouring for him and, so far, no indications they have been disappointed
- Was very pro-active as Labour union leader
- Seems to be in the ACN clique of progressives

Cons:
- Not highly educated

Sullivan Chime (Enugu)
Pros:
- Educated
- Built up his own practice in the private sector and is still able to make governor
- His people love him and think he is performing up to Fashola

Cons:
- His experience and business is in the East. I can't vouch for the standard and best practice skills he has built up.

Dr Mu’azu Aliyu (Niger)
Pros:
- Highly Educated
- Speaks intelligently and eloquently when seen or read in media
- Has done well as a governor demonstrating vision
- Not scared of being objective and vocal about issues almost like Sanusi (He has criticised Northern leadership that wretched its people)

Cons:
- Too close to IBB and has to please and have some level of reverence for IBB to maintain a powerbase. They are also cousins.
- No private sector experience. Public sector in the North can be regarded as utterly useless in most cases.

Dr Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo)
Pros:
- Well educated
- He must be performing very well for his people to vote so much for his small party where Labour won practically everything in Ondo State against the giant PDP and the progressive ACN
- Built up his own practice in the private sector and is still able to make governor

Cons:
- Don't here so much about him and his performance though
- Putting his political support with PDP most times than ACN

Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers)
Pros:
- Well educated

Cons:
- I didn't like his utterances when meddling with Super Eagles as part of Presidential supervisory team, "White man at all cost" mentality, he got his whiteman and we failed woefully as I analytically predicted
- Being a career politician in Nigeria in a failed region is just not pleasing to my ears as a quality background

Potential
Peter Obi (Anambra)
Pros:
- Educated
- Strong head and discipline by fighting PDP to overturn rigging
- Must be performing to a certain threshold if his people re-voted him in despite being part of a minority party
- Built up his own private businesses and is still able to make governor and Chairman of a bank

Cons:
- Report card by Ifeyinwa Akunna seems apt, shows their is potential

Kashim Shettima (Borno)
Pros:
- Well educated
- It is impressive to see a Northerner educated in one of the south's premier unis
- He also reached the frontiers of the peak (GM) in the private sector of a Southern bank, most Northerners achieving this feat are normally hardworking and proven

Cons:
- New to politics, so no negatives yet, hence potential based on background

Liyel Imoke (Cross River)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Seems to be maintaining the stuff of Donald Duke, educated enough to see potential he has
- Built up his own private businesses

Cons:
- I am not hearing of anything new from the state, even Obudu Ranch is underperforming

Dr Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti)
Pros:
- Highly Educated
- Did a PhD in one of the elite and most difficult courses to get on in the UK (despite being a Nigerian graduate) and is a visiting professor to one of US's best universities
- From his background, he would vastly understand governance, development and democracy and will be well backed by ACN

Cons:

Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe)
Pros:
- Well educated
- It is impressive to see a Northerner educated in one of the south's premier unis
- Got trained by PwC, rare for a Northerner back in the day and till this date

Cons:
- Rose to accountant general of Nigeria too fast and suspicion is that it is not based on merit but on national quota
- New to politics hence potential based on background

Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara)
Pros:
- Educated
- Achieved in private sector at one of the progressive banks
- Is a candidate of a governor that is reasonably liked and who has some level of vision, so might continue it

Cons:

Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Next to Lagos, pressure to perform based on comparison is far more on him from the people and ACN

Cons:

Rauf Aregbesola (Osun)
Pros:
- Educated
- Not scared of being objective
- Made it to the post of Commissioner in Lagos state where he excelled
- He delivered everything for ACN, including presidency votes for Ribadu

Cons:

Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Very high achiever in the private sector making CEO of a sizable business
- He was educated completely abroad and worked abroad as well as for local branches of multinationals so I would expect him to understand "Best" practice, not "Abeg, we don try" practice

Cons:

Can’t Tell
Murtala Nyarko (Adamawa)
Pros:
- Well Educated
- Well trained overseas and made Vice Admiral of the Nigerian Navy

Cons:
- Not head anything about his performance so far

Gabriel Suswam (Benue)
Pros:
- Well educated

Cons:
- Almost lost elections, so most likely not so fabulous

Ikedi Ohakim (Imo)
Pros:
- Well educated

Cons:
- Reports of frustrating opposition campaigns in elections

Ibrahim Shema (Katsina)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Built up his own practice in the private sector

Cons:

Ibrahim Idris (Kogi)
Pros:
- Educated
- Built up his own private businesses and attacking the crook called Abubakar Audu

Cons:
- Just obtained his Law degree "by Distance Learning" in 2004, I would not be surprised about body substitutions and support to pass.

Jonah Jang (Plateau)
Pros:
- Educated
- Well trained overseas and made Air Commoredore of the Nigerian Air Force
- Voluntarily retired during Military rule and took up religion, shows he is not after money

Cons:
- Not head anything about his performance so far, maybe hindered by repeated Jos crisis

Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto)
Pros:
- Educated Abroad as a Northerner in a decent university
- Re-elected governor, albeit by a population not educationally enlightened

Cons:
- Not heard anything about his performance so far
- No private sector experience. Public sector in the North can be regarded as utterly useless in most cases.

Suspect
All career politicians and civil servants. How did they get the finances for governorship? I suspect they are all crooked.

More so, as one is not hearing about them performing well at the moment despite most being in second term.

Furthermore

- Sule Lamido of Jigawa is not educated

- Godswill Akpabio (1) harassed the opposition, (2) has not done anything about the pastors that label Akwa Ibom children witches and torture them, instead harasses those helping the kids
- most of the Suspects are from Poverty Development Party and the 2 that are not look like "quota system achievers"

Cretins
Theodore Orji (Abia)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-655758.0.html

Isa Yuguda (Bauchi)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-655758.0.html#msg8226775

Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-547756.0.html
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-investigations-outline-how-uduaghan-diverted-billions-delta-state-funds

Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano)
Claiming to have a PhD that he does not. Fake "Dr".

And http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-investigations-outline-how-uduaghan-diverted-billions-delta-state-funds

Yari Abubakar (Zamfara)
Uneducated career politician in the North that is able to make governor. Need I say more?
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 02, 2011
Please who is talking about Peter obi and 'potential'

That man is single handledly ruining the reputation of APGE in the state. People no longer want him. He has shown that he is nothing more than an insensitive and selfish ruler.

Did I hear someone talk about 'rule of law' ? Hmmmmm! A man that has refused to conduct local government elections in the state. He talks about the importance of grassroots governance and yet communities in the states do not have and executive representation. How does that comply wit rule of law? LG funds are used as his excellency pleases. His commissioner for local government just completed a 100mil naira duplex at Lekki and yet they claim not to have the funds to pay the minimum wage to civil servants.

The last election was a fraud and they proved it by attempting to rig Dora into power, but nemesis caught up with them. And now the average Anambrarian is wishing Ngige wins the court case in the gubernatorial election tribunal so we won't have to endure another three years of propaganda government , . all talk and no action!

At the last Chrism mass on holy Thursday at the Awka Cathedral, he was booed by catholic faithfuls which is quite embarrassing considering he's one of them!

Civil servants walk out of his lectures and youth corpers in the state went to government house to protest the other day. The state university students protested over an increase in school fees and the police shot and them, killed and wounded a lot. Guess what the governor did? Nothing!

I can go on and on but I think I'll stop here.

'Potentials' indeed! Mtcheeeew.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 02, 2011
Oh did I tell you guys how he sold the APGA tickets to the highest bidders and APGA faithfuls were left in the lunch?

Oh how about how he spread rumors that Ngige was camping with the Ubas when he was the one conniving with them all in a desperate attempt to ruin Ngige's senatorial ambition. What happened in the end

Wasted solidarity, that's what I call his government.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by ektbear: 8:55pm On May 02, 2011
Thanks for your posts, Ujujoan. Hopefully ifyalways chimes in too.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2011
Interesting
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 02, 2011
@ Sagamite
Could you please get ur facts straight before you talk? who says apga is a minority party in Anambra? Do you know it was founded by Ikemba himself, the the Ojukwu who a number of Anambrarians adore and respect. At the last election he (ikemba) begged people to grant him one last dying wish by voting Obi in for a second term. Even at that, he would have lost of Iwu didn't rig him in . .

Obi won his first term when people were tired of PDP and he was a welcome change. that's why I call him a wasted solidarity because now he's eating and. dining with the same people who destroyed the state. Imagine giving Chuma Nzeribe an APGA ticket? Most of us are still reeling in shock at that. Do you know that APGA didn't win a single Senatorial seat this time around? That's like a blow to the incumbent. People are tired of Obi and if care is not taken, ApGA will die with Obi's tenure.

Granted he's a good business man, but governance is a whole different ball game.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 02, 2011
In 2006 when he was newly sworn in, I listened to him vow to resign if any of the workers go on strike. Of course we know how that turned out. Doctors and Lawyers have been on strike for God knows how long and he's still occupying the government house. Talking about the government house . . . If you see the numbs of Cars parked there for years, nobody's making use of them. I'm talking about hundreds . . Such waste!

I listened to the gubernatorial debate and heard him say security was not his responsibility but that of the Fg. Ouch! maybe we'll get a refund of all the security vot he's been collecting on a monthly basis. Lol.

Meanwhile he told us proudly that education is not for everybody! Someone remind him of his manifesto.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 9:59pm On May 02, 2011
Ujujoan:

@ Sagamite
Could you please get your facts straight before you talk? who says apga is a minority party in Anambra? Do you know it was founded by Ikemba himself, the the Ojukwu who a number of Anambrarians adore and respect. At the last election he (ikemba) begged people to grant him one last dying wish by voting Obi in for a second term. Even at that, he would have lost of Iwu didn't rig him in . .

Amsorry?

I should get my facts right? undecided

APGA is not a minority party?

Where is APGA outside South East?

APGA is a major party because "it was founded by Ikemba himself" yet it cannot even compete in other SE states?

My friend, APGA can be giant in Akwa for all I care, it is a minority party in the grand scheme of things. That is the fact you should get right.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 02, 2011
Are you talking of a minority party at the state or national level? National I might agree but when u talk about a gubernatorial election, you are restricting it to States. And Apga is no minority party in Anambra. Not when it's the ruling party.

Your post reeks of ignorance and a myopic view. If you rely of assumptions to make conclusions then you might want to put a disclaimer up there.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 02, 2011
Back in the day when people voted parties, do you seriously think anybody cared about your 'majority parties' in Anambra. If people can reject Soludo just because he's with the (almighty) PDP, common sense should tell you that its not as popular as you think it is as far as Anambrarians are concerned.

Relativity is a concept you should learn to imbibe. . . . If you hope to be any good in your political analysis. I'm just saying . . . .
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2011
Ujujoan:

Are you talking of a minority party at the state or national level? National I might agree but when u talk about a gubernatorial election, you are restricting it to States. And Apga is no minority party in Anambra. Not when it's the ruling party.

Your post reeks of ignorance and a myopic view. If you rely of assumptions to make conclusions then you might want to put a disclaimer up there.

What rubbish are you chatting?

Whether state or national, APGA is a minority party. It does not have the resources (financial and machinery) to compare with PDP?

What part of "I must state most analysis is based on a mixture of (1) utterances by the governor that I have read, (2) general reports online and (3) the citizenry affection and respect the governors generate" don't you understand?

You struggle with English?

You want me to get one of my Nwanne or Nwannas to translate for you?

Ujujoan:

Back in the day when people voted parties, do you seriously think anybody cared about your 'majority parties' in Anambra. If people can reject Soludo just because he's with the (almighty) PDP, common sense should tell you that its not as popular as you think it is as far as Anambrarians are concerned.

Relativity is a concept you should learn to imbibe. . . . If you hope to be any good in your political analysis. I'm just saying . . . .

What shyt are you chatting?

Your common sense did not require you to check the fact PDP won 2 of the Senatorial seats, while ACN took the last one and APGA none, in the same state you claim APGA is the giant?
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by kasiem(m): 10:48pm On May 02, 2011
@ujuojan
stop writting without hitting a single point and thereby creating a whole lot of furfy.
The primary things that make governance reputable are good health care system, qualitative free education, infrastructural developments,friendly working environment, sound electricity, prudency among the workers etc. And in all this aforementioned things, peter obi has performed creditably well. The state runs free education from primary to secondary leve, there's good road networks, investors are trooping in everyday, adequate funding of the securty, schools are properly facilitated etc. All this things are being enabled with the paltry allocation that the state gets from FG, which u can not compare with that of lagos, rivers, akwa ibom etc
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by kasiem(m): 10:57pm On May 02, 2011

Your common sense did not require you to check the fact PDP won 2 of the Senatorial seats, while ACN took the last one and APGA none, in the same state you claim APGA is the giant?
[quote][/quote] the multiplicity of PDP's candidates was the ruse that gave them the two senatorial candidates. They had Uba and Ukachukwu in Anambra south
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by houvest: 11:25pm On May 02, 2011
Ujujoan:

@ Sagamite
Could you please get your facts straight before you talk? who says apga is a minority party in Anambra? Do you know it was founded by Ikemba himself, the the Ojukwu who a number of Anambrarians adore and respect. At the last election he (ikemba) begged people to grant him one last dying wish by voting Obi in for a second term. Even at that, he would have lost of Iwu didn't rig him in . .

Obi won his first term when people were tired of PDP and he was a welcome change. that's why I call him a wasted solidarity because now he's eating and. dining with the same people who destroyed the state. Imagine giving Chuma Nzeribe an APGA ticket? Most of us are still reeling in shock at that. Do you know that APGA didn't win a single Senatorial seat this time around? That's like a blow to the incumbent. People are tired of Obi and if care is not taken, ApGA will die with Obi's tenure.

Granted he's a good business man, but governance is a whole different ball game.

APGA was formed by Chekwas Okorie not Ikemba.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by houvest: 11:30pm On May 02, 2011
Sagamite:

What rubbish are you chatting?

Whether state or national, APGA is a minority party. It does not have the resources (financial and machinery) to compare with PDP?

What part of "I must state most analysis is based on a mixture of (1) utterances by the governor that I have read, (2) general reports online and (3) the citizenry affection and respect the governors generate" don't you understand?

You struggle with English?

You want me to get one of my Nwanne or Nwannas to translate for you?

Most elections in the SE were won by individuals not parties. If the voting were based on parties, Ngige would have lost but his performance in his years as the governor, albeit falsely, is what he is riding on.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 11:34pm On May 02, 2011
houvest:

Most elections in the SE were won by individuals not parties. If the voting were based on parties, Ngige would have lost but his performance in his years as the governor, albeit falsely, is what he is riding on.

Most elections in Nigeria are won primarily based on individuals.

There are really no political parties in Nigeria, what we have is what I term "political platforms".
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by houvest: 11:43pm On May 02, 2011
Sagamite:

Most elections in Nigeria are won primarily based on individuals.

There are really no political parties in Nigeria, what we have is what I term "political platforms".

I think that many people that won in the SW was because they were in the ACN since many are unknown qauntities. If Ngige were an unknown qauntity, he would not have beaten Dora a known qauntity. When unknown qauntities come out, ther electorate seem to fall back on other reasons to vote them mostly primordial.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by phantom(m): 11:53pm On May 02, 2011
well said houvest , thats why when they called the thing it the south west a 'liberation',i spent days pickin my ribs off the floor.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by houvest: 11:57pm On May 02, 2011
Sagamite:

Top notch
Babatunde Fashola (Lagos)
Pros:
- Well educated and made SAN
- Reached a peak and achieved in private sector
- Has done marvelously well as a governor demonstrating previously unseen vision
- Speaks intelligently and eloquently when seen or read in media (I loved "it is not their age that is a problem, it is the age of their ideas"wink
- The people of all tribes in Lagos are raving about him

Cons:
- This is minor but maybe too gentlemanly. I have not seen the sign he can turn on the heat to extreme hot like Sanusi (CBN) who is willing to offend anybody to see Nigeria progress.

Good
Adams Oshiomhole (Edo)
Pros:
- Understands the needs of the common man
- The Edo people were clamouring for him and, so far, no indications they have been disappointed
- Was very pro-active as Labour union leader
- Seems to be in the ACN clique of progressives

Cons:
- Not highly educated

Sullivan Chime (Enugu)
Pros:
- Educated

Cons:
- His experience and business is in the East. I can't vouch for the standard and best practice skills he has built up.

Dr Mu’azu Aliyu (Niger)
Pros:
- Highly Educated
- Has done well as a governor demonstrating vision
- Not scared of being objective and vocal about issues almost like Sanusi (He has criticised Northern leadership that wretched its people)

Cons:
- Too close to IBB and has to please and have some level of reverence for IBB to maintain a powerbase. They are also cousins.

Dr Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo)
Pros:
- Well educated
- He must be performing very well for his people to vote so much for his small party where Labour won practically everything in Ondo State against the giant PDP and the progressive ACN

Cons:
- Don't here so much about him and his performance though
- Putting his political support with PDP most times than ACN

Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers)
Pros:
- Well educated

Cons:
- I didn't like his utterances when meddling with Super Eagles as part of Presidential supervisory team, "White man at all cost" mentality, he got his whiteman and we failed woefully as I analytically predicted
- Being a career politician in Nigeria in a failed region is just not pleasing to my ears as a quality background

Potential
Peter Obi (Anambra)
Pros:
- Educated
- Strong head and discipline by fighting PDP to overturn rigging
- Must be performing to a certain threshold if his people re-voted him in despite being part of a minority party
- Built up his own private businesses and is still able to make governor and Chairman of a bank

Cons:
- Report card by Ifeyinwa Akunna seems apt, shows their is potential

Kashim Shettima (Borno)
Pros:
- Well educated
- He also reached the frontiers of the peak in the private sector of a Southern bank, most Northerners achieving this feat are normally hardworking and proven

Cons:

Liyel Imoke (Cross River)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Seems to be maintaining the stuff of Donald Duke, educated enough to see potential he has
- Built up his own private businesses

Cons:
- I am not hearing of anything new from the state, even Obudu Ranch is underperforming

Dr Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti)
Pros:
- Highly Educated
- Did a PhD in one of the elite and most difficult courses to get on in the UK (despite being a Nigerian graduate) and is a visiting professor to one of US's best universities
- From his background, he would vastly understand governance, development and democracy and will be well backed by ACN

Cons:

Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Got trained by PwC, rare for a Northerner back in the day and till this date

Cons:
- Rose to accountant general of Nigeria too fast and suspicion is that it is not based on merit but on national quota
- New to politics hence potential based on background

Abdulfattah Ahmed (Kwara)
Pros:
- Educated
- Achieved in private sector at one of the progressive banks
- Is a candidate of a governor that is reasonably liked and who has some level of vision, so might continue it

Cons:

Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Next to Lagos, pressure to perform based on comparison is far more on him from the people and ACN

Cons:

Rauf Aregbesola (Osun)
Pros:
- Educated
- Not scared of being objective
- Made it to the post of Commissioner in Lagos state where he excelled
- He delivered everything for ACN, including presidency votes for Ribadu

Cons:

Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo)
Pros:
- Well educated
- He was educated completely abroad and worked abroad as well as for local branches of multinationals so I would expect him to understand "Best" practice, not "Abeg, we don try" practice

Cons:

Can’t Tell
Murtala Nyarko (Adamawa)
Pros:
- Well Educated
- Well trained overseas and made Vice Admiral of the Nigerian Navy

Cons:

Gabriel Suswam (Benue)
Pros:
- Well educated

Cons:

Ikedi Ohakim (Imo)
Pros:
- Well educated

Cons:
- Reports of frustrating opposition campaigns in elections

Ibrahim Shema (Katsina)
Pros:
- Well educated
- Built up his own practice in the private sector

Cons:

Ibrahim Idris (Kogi)
Pros:
- Educated
- Built up his own private businesses and attacking the crook called Abubakar Audu

Cons:
- Just obtained his Law degree "by Distance Learning" in 2004, I would not be surprised about body substitutions and support to pass.

Jonah Jang (Plateau)
Pros:
- Educated
- Well trained overseas and made Air Commoredore of the Nigerian Air Force
- Voluntarily retired during Military rule and took up religion, shows he is not after money

Cons:
- Not head anything about his performance so far, maybe hindered by repeated Jos crisis

Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto)
Pros:
- Educated Abroad as a Northerner in a decent university
- Re-elected governor, albeit by a population not educationally enlightened

Cons:
- Not heard anything about his performance so far

Suspect
All career politicians and civil servants. How did they get the finances for governorship? I suspect they are all crooked.

More so, as one is not hearing about them performing well at the moment despite most being in second term.

Furthermore

- Sule Lamido of Jigawa is not educated

- Godswill Akpabio (1) harassed the opposition, (2) has not done anything about the pastors that label Akwa Ibom children witches and torture them, instead harasses those helping the kids
- most of the Suspects are from Poverty Development Party and the 2 that are not look like "quota system achievers"

Cretins
Theodore Orji (Abia)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-655758.0.html

Isa Yuguda (Bauchi)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-655758.0.html#msg8226775

Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-547756.0.html
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-investigations-outline-how-uduaghan-diverted-billions-delta-state-funds

Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano)
Claiming to have a PhD that he does not. Fake "Dr".

And http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-investigations-outline-how-uduaghan-diverted-billions-delta-state-funds

Yari Abubakar (Zamfara)
Uneducated career politician in the North that is able to make governor. Need I say more?

Oshiomole is still being tested as he is  not yet long in office so I will rate him as potential for now.
How well educated is Ohakim really and which  privatecompany did he excel in, Ohakim and sons 419 PLC?
I will rate Amaechi in the topnotch circles as well as Akpabio and Chime
Why is Oji a cretin? the kidnaping issue was not his making and he was harmstrung in governance by OUK and his mother. The Okija shrine issue ? Freedom of worship.
Obi seems to be a failure in this his second term. IT appears he excelled in his first term.
Mimiko is how long on the job? His assessment shouild wait a bit
Some states are missing. I wish you could do some assessment of the  PDP ex-governors of some SW states who lost in court. Were they all cretins as we hear on NL. Your opinion please.
Re: Sagamite's Analysis Of State Governors by Sagamite(m): 12:09am On May 03, 2011
houvest:

I think that many people that won in the SW was because they were in the ACN since many are unknown qauntities. If Ngige were an unknown qauntity, he would not have beaten Dora a known qauntity. When unknown qauntities come out, ther electorate seem to fall back on other reasons to vote them mostly primordial.

People in the SW were voting for Fashola aura more than ACN.

Secondly, they were voting PDP out at all cost.

The same people voted Jonathan rather than Ribadu of ACN.

houvest:

How well educated is Ohakim really and which  privatecompany did he excel in, Ohakim and sons 419 PLC?

Do a bit of research.

houvest:

I will rate Amaechi in the topnotch circles as well as Akpabio and Chime

Feel free!

houvest:

Why is Oji a cretin? the kidnaping issue was not his making and he was harmstrung in governance by OUK and his mother. The Okija shrine issue ? Freedom of worship.

I take it you did not read my questions or watch the clip?

houvest:

Mimiko is how long on the job? His assessment shouild wait a bit

He delivered his state on a minority platform after being in power for 2 years. He must be doing something right.

houvest:

Some states are missing. I wish you could do some assessment of the  PDP ex-governors of some SW states who lost in court. Were they all cretins as we hear on NL. Your opinion please.

I am sticking with only Governors as of 29th May 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money / IPOB: A Delusion Taken Too Far - Charles Ibekwe / League Of Concerned Democratic Youths Of Nigeria Pledges Support For Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.