Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! (25296 Views)

I Just Applied For Nigerian Police Force / 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by adeskee(m): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2021
Ok
Guys pls come to my rescue.

I applied for several foreign job through indeed,I can say 60% of them shortlisted my name for interview.(Security job)
The problem naw is that immediately I replied by telling that I'm in Nigeria and ready to relocate,they will tell me alot of locals with same or more experience can fill my position.

Guys pls help me, what's the way out? advice on me on what to include on my CV that would attract them to invite me over irrespective of my present location.

3 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by AAbuja: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2021
Just 188 jobs You are still trailing my record sir

3 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Teejay13(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2021
Don't give up my brother.

Keep on trying and for sure your struggles will pay off someday.

But before i proceed, what skill set do you have to offer?

How many years experience do you have in that field?

3 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by zeusdgrt(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2021
Curious345:
Come and work for me .. sugar mommy work.

2 of my boys dey drive benz na.

Based on fuckery things..

Lots of hajia and divorced with cash waiting to get laid
Lol
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Kellie069(m): 9:04am On Jun 02, 2021
Whahala for who de find job! My brother, na yahoo sure pass bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by GorillaApp(m): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2021
Prodigee:
Na 188 you do wey you dey lament!
O boy me sef no try o. I no sure say I dey apply reach 50 in a year.
I get hustle sha, just trying to change jobs.
This story don give me moral be that

@op, remember how many times Thomas Edison tried the light bulb experiment before he got light? Some say 1,000 others say 10,000. Either way, both figures are bigger than 188.
What if he had quitted at 188

10 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Komu1048(m): 9:07am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:
Within a year, I've applied for 188 jobs on LinkedIn. Some I was called for test and interviews, some I was never called. None of them gave me a job. There are some I applied via mail, not LinkedIn "easy apply"......so it should be over 200.

The last one was with a Yoruba company in Lagos. I applied via LinkedIn. I passed through 3 interview processes. The 4th was with the MD/CEO( Yoruba aged and titled man). He practically told me I am omo ibo(ibo man) and that I don't have the passport.

I'm officially done searching for jobs!!!
I'm throwing in the towel!

Go to Nestoil, show him your name and you will get instant employment. 99% of his workers are Igbos, don’t come and be crying Yorubas here

14 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Phlegman: 9:07am On Jun 02, 2021
Dear Op, do not be discouraged, you are almost there.

I will advise you to optimise your LinkedIn page so it will portray you as a professional in a specific career path.

Secondly, LinkedIn is better when you create contents or share contents. This will enable your profile to show up when peoole are searching for profiles in your career path e.g Customer Service Representative.

Engage with posts of your connections, this will also make you visible to others that may be interested in having you in their team.

Lastly, free courses are flying around that you can do for a deeper knowledge of your chosen career.

Never give up, the best is yet to come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by nengibo: 9:07am On Jun 02, 2021
Referral aka connection is the way in Nigeria, the more 'valuable' people you know, the better your chances

1 Like

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by keepingmum: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:
Within a year, I've applied for 188 jobs on LinkedIn. Some I was called for test and interviews, some I was never called. None of them gave me a job. There are some I applied via mail, not LinkedIn "easy apply"......so it should be over 200.

The last one was with a Yoruba company in Lagos. I applied via LinkedIn. I passed through 3 interview processes. The 4th was with the MD/CEO( Yoruba aged and titled man). He practically told me I am omo ibo(ibo man) and that I don't have the passport.

LinkedIn isnt the only job platform to send applications. However, what's ur CV and job profile like?
I might be able to help u reshuffle your profile around. I have being poached twice from LinkedIn tho i never followed through with the jobs cos it wasnt the type of change i wanted

3 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2021
You haven't told us your qualification.
May I know your age bracket too?

3 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by youngllleo: 9:13am On Jun 02, 2021
Curious345:

put me through boss 100% serious if real
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by smogia1994(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2021
michlins:
Before I got my first job from Nairaland, I sent tons of quotations and went through shit. If you like, give up

Na you sabi
bro thanks for this ooh. if eh like give up
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2021
pennyseo:
When one of my brother was through with school, he went to lagos for job hunt.
He told me things about discrimination and how they always say he is not from the west.

That's Nigeria for you and the black man's way of doing things. We don't believe on merit... East, west, North same. Everyone will prefer his brother over Merit.
My brother I really suffered same thing when I came to Lagos.
Their was one interview I attended, after severally stages of the interview, the HR told me that he is sorry that the job is only for a Yoruba, I dusted my my nyash and left.
U see discrimination can never ever leave an average Nigerian.

But we know those who tends to be close to us hardly perform better because they know we won't bark at them when they do wrong

That's why Nigerian will not or hardly emerge in terms of economic growth.

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by ImpactCrater: 9:15am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

I am not a motivational speaker but I will say, don't give up.
I share my story.
When I was rounding up NYSC, I knew that job search was one of my strongest options - I had an IT consultancy company registered in 200L with a friend doing hardware maintenance, software development and Networking.
But all the same, I bought a ream of paper and used the whole thing to print my CV's and prepared to apply for JOBS.
I was fortunate not to have to use any of the printed CVs as my Place of assignment offered me a job and I also got a job in a university immediately after NYSC.
I am presently self employed, doing well and happy having resigned my position with the university.
My point is to keep on keeping on and never allow disappointments define you. Think of a skill you can develop to make money because you may be a successful entrepreneur - only God knows..
But try your hands on as many things as possible. don't allow tribal bigots discourage you. for every bigoted tribalist, there are atleast five people from his tribe that are open minded
Improve your CV quality and learn how to answer interview questions - if you want to talk, send a DM, we may just gist.
Make sure you are doing something to count as work experience on your CV, even if it is side-runs. for example, learn some IT skills, public speaking skills, etc. that you can be using to hustle and you can capture as working experience because you don't want a long period of inactivity to appear on your CV.
Learn to drive and have a drivers license - if you don't already have one- because some jobs require driving skills.
May God bless and help you.

8 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by kramer: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

Firstly, If the Yoruba MD was tribalist you wouldn't have had the opportunity to seat with him. The moment he saw your name on your CV he would have dismissed you.

Secondly, you fugged up.. when he brought up the omo Igbo gist you should have tried to make light of the situation e.g. banter with him that you're omo Yoruba at heart and even attempt to speak a bit of Yoruba just to make light of the situation.

No matter where you work you will always find ppl who will throw banter at you because you're Igbo, Yoruba, Tall, Short, Fat, Slim etc.. so you need to get your mind right asap otherwise you'll end up on the streets

13 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by CorryLanez: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2021
Searching for a job is a full time job on its own
Dnt give up.
You can take a break and do other things but always keep an eye for opportunities that come.
But Never give up!!!!
Las las we all go dey alright
Barbiturate:

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by teebaxy(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
grin

The OP is intentionally raising tribal sentiments and lemme help you.... wink

Advise your brothers to desist from criminal behaviour and maybe you would be able to increase your marketability. grin

Come and let me give you anointing to get a job tongue
Don't mind him...why couldn't the igbo company holders offer him a job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by FairlyUSEDpussy: 9:22am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

Good for u!!!
Same way yo igbo people discriminated me as Yoruba guy(ofe mbanu)........throughtout my service year in enugu........

5 Likes

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2021
Watch your dm closely
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Akpuobi1: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2021
EVEN ME AS AN IGBO MAN, I WILL NOT EMPLOY YOU. WHICH ONE IS "YORUBA COMPANY"?

WITH YOUR MINDSET, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEEN AN EMPLOYEE TO ANY OF THOSE +200 COMPANIES YOU APPLIED TO.

YOUR MINDSET WILL NOT ALIGN WITH THE VISION AND MISSION OF YOUR EMPLOYER.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by iLegendd(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2021
stevenie:
Never give up bro. Winners don't quit. By the grace of God you will tell a success story one day

As long as it's job, he should give up and create one for himself. That's how stars do.
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2021
nigerians are hypocrites they will tell u nothing good comes easy i dont think it will be like this if you an american citizen applied for 188 jobs nd end up not getting any. fvck nigeriiaaaaaaaa
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Friedfred(m): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2021
With your tribalistic views? U go tey op
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by OPPPS: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

The major reason you have not been employed is because of this your tribal segregation. Thank God the Yoruba M/D did not employ the bigot like you in his company

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Highter1(m): 9:31am On Jun 02, 2021
kponkedenge:
It's easier to find a virgin in Nigeria than a job.
wow!!! nicely said.
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by KelvinC1(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2021
Curious345:

Lols comedian
For dis buhari time, who dey dash money
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by Nelzwealth: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2021
Curious345:

Afa G
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by CUMIN: 9:39am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

go buy lappy and stop being stewpeed.

try Street.
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by cmecproblem(m): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2021
Maybe you used the same faulty approach to apply for jobs expecting a different result.
Re: Applied For 188 Jobs On Linkedin, No One Clicked. I'm Done Searching! by dustydee: 9:41am On Jun 02, 2021
Barbiturate:

200 in a year is not too much. If it's in a month then I can say that figure is ok. Keep your head up and keep trying. You are getting interviews so that's a good sign. Learn from the ones you didn't get and keep trying to get better. I wish you the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified Or Trained For / Custodian Life Assurance Ltd Interview Invite / 7 Hilarious Ways Nigerians Begin A New Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.