Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,778 members, 7,837,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day (38216 Views)

Umahi: South East Loses ₦10 Billion Every Sit-At-Home Day / Umahi: South-East Doesn't Need A Joint Security Network / Umahi: "South East security Outfit Coming" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by tnerro1(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2021
Good, after that we should set aside a day to remember those killed by heardmen aka Buhari brothers
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2021
Cryto:
And mumu people believe am , him just want use that one ,win election,
Be wise
He is after his political ambitions not what people desire, was he not there when the herdsmen were killing his pipo,
What was he , doing

The only sensible comment here so far.

How is it that Nigerian masses still trust their politicians at the drop of a hat?

Very baffling.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by donb06: 8:34am On Jun 02, 2021
Classicalman:
senseless cretin. There was blockade meaning that even eastern farmers couldn't plant or import food. How does that translate to depending on North for food? Wasn't east feeding itself before the war? Omo ale like you. Shut up.

the guy doesnt know that the future of the BAKASSI people was forever settled by ceding it out to cameroon just to cause blockade.... and the stupid government wanted to take it back later..
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Mitsurugi(m): 8:35am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
In fact the North deserves Sardauna Day too, a day to remember the killing of Ahmadu Bello by the Igbos

You started a war that you stood no chance of winning.

Some mumu Igbos are even saying "Nigeria government starved 100,000 Igbos to death."

I just laughed in Ijesa

Just imagine, the Igbos wanted to fight the Northern led Nigerian government, they were really expecting the food they needed to sustain them during the war to come from the North, the North whose leaders they plotted a coup against and killed, Ojukwu didn't make provision for food for those he sent to battle field but instead, "They had to rely on the food supply from the North so as to win the war against the North."

Oh my, I'm short of words, that stupidity was inherited along with the hate

Igbos killed Sardauna. Interesting. Please cite a book you read this from. Oga if you didn't read history, it's forgivable but then there are many books on the Nigerian Civil War written by both parties and even foreign authors like Frederick Forsythe. You are just a lazy mind and your words reek of unintelligence.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by adelekeolu(m): 8:35am On Jun 02, 2021
common sense
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by selemempe: 8:37am On Jun 02, 2021
MadamExcellency:

Another ignoramus on tribal and hate steroid.

Total Blockage doesn't mean embargo on food coming from Nigeria.

If Northern Nigeria stop bringing agricultural produce to Lagos State, They can always import from Benin Republic, Ghana etc, but with total blockage of the border, it becomes impossible.
it's not even that
During the war, aerial bombing couldn't allow farming activities in the east.
Igbos have never depended in others for food before the war
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by godliman: 8:39am On Jun 02, 2021
busybrain123:
This is just the perfect thing to do. So every may 30 is public holiday in remembrance of fallen heroes. cool
May 30th should even be a national holiday but the Weakling , lilly livered south east governors who fear buhari as to almost pee on their pants won't dare move for that
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by webm: 8:43am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
In fact the North deserves Sardauna Day too, a day to remember the killing of Ahmadu Bello by the Igbos

Some mumu Igbos are even saying "Nigeria government starved 100,000 Igbos to death."

I just laughed in Ijesa

Just imagine, the Igbos wanted to fight the Northern led Nigerian government, they were really expecting the food they needed to sustain them during the war to come from the North, the North whose leaders they plotted a coup against and killed, Ojukwu didn't make provision for food for those he sent to battle field but instead, "They had to rely on the food supply from the North so as to win the war against the North."

And who told you it was food from the North? Go and read your history. It was a total embargo. They blocked all land borders that food could come from. It's a war crime. If the north doesn't bring goods to Lagos won't Lagos import from neighboring countries? Women and children are spared in war unless used as defence but that wasn't the case with the Civil war
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by EMMY76: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2021
Must the south east governors wait for the proposal to come before them before doing the needful or maybe they want to wait for the approval of their fulani masters?
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 02, 2021
Classicalman:
mumu

You go die throway

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2021
MNK would be remembered by Igbos yet unborn .

I have an Igbo friend, a genius, very intelligent and providence also favoured him. He is one of the executives of a prominent very old Igbo Socio cultural union. He doesn't like Kanu . He is always on the opposition to Kanu's strategy. He believes the IBOS are better in Nigeria than as a separate entity. His views are always respected and he has many followers on Social media. Being a genius, he always has superior arguments, but most of us also tackle him.

The crux of the matter, I was surprised very early in the morning, on May 30th, he sent a memorial message on the death of IBOs during the Civil war. The message came with Biafra flag (attached below). Nobody replied him , there was no discussion at all. The forum was silent. Initially, I wanted to kick start a discussion by asking him if he realizes there is a link between Biafra Struggle led by MNK and the May 30 Biafra memorial day which he has just observed by the message even if he is at work.

In as much as the IBOS cannot forget Biafra, May 30 Biafra memorial day will just be an annual remembrance of an Open Wound for the present generation and the coming generations of the IBOS.

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by sandra50(f): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2021
You are bastar..d..which war did you fight?the one British people fought for you just to protect the oil they are taking from Nigeria..you people obviously started the war by assassinating top people in the military before we decided to fight back..let this sink..before the war started we had no gun at all..no weapon but we produced our weapon and the war lasted for year even with the help of a big country..this time around no country will help Nigeria because any country that tries it is buying market from other countries and we will so deal with Nigeria this time around...
Tajbol4splend:

I just laughed in Ijesa

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by chikason22(m): 8:56am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

I just laughed in Ijesa

This time around, when the war starts you won't have anybody to fight with you. You have made so many enemies already. Britain will not send help. You all will be crushed and wiped out.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by rummmy: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

I just laughed in Ijesa

who killed your saduana and which town and state is he from,I will respond to you when you answer this question...
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by ogwumgbe: 9:03am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

I just laughed in Ijesa

No wonder illiterates keep leading you people because I realized from this statement from that you are stack illiterate and among those that sell their future for just 5000 naira during election
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Typical of an Igbo, always afraid of counter opinion even before it is expressed, a form of insecurity, it is even likely that you live comfortably in Amala and Ewedu land with this comment of yours just like the rest of your brothers

See ehn, I'm an Urhobo guy from Delta State. These Igbos are very wicked. Them go come your state come buy house, you go willingly sell give them.

Go east, them nor go gree sell house or land give you if you are not Igbo. Na this same animals dey open their fowl mouth talk say, Delta State is part of Biafra.

Very wicked and stingy people. Nobody like them. Make Naija break make the Igbos carry their 5 states and leave.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Zona123(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2021
[s][/s]
Tajbol4splend:

I just laughed in Ijesa

[s][/s]

thrash your comments are irrelevant, they are not needed here so try elsewhere where you can spew this rubbish
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Rolly22(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2021
GOATandYAMtheory:
Pussies

Mumu E push you??
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by freshvine(f): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

I just laughed in Ijesa

That's how war are fought. You allow humanitarian aids to flow both ways while continuing your fight with your real opponent.

Check out Israel and other well developed countries when the want to go offensive, they make sure civilians populace is evacuated before bombing.

You don't commit genocide and claim you won a war. That's despicable and inhuman position.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Reference(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2021
hungkee:
Idiotic Umahi has swallowed his pride and succumb to MNK directive.
This is a clear case of ‘’if you can’t beat them you join them”

Always chasing individuals and will never understand why things are.

You will not see the Germans fighting to set aside a day in memory of her war dead or the Japanese for that matter afyer the second world war cataclysm because after the war and learning from the mistakes of the first world war (mistakes that led to the second) the victorious allies, rather than punish and ostracize citizens of those nations, embraced and integrated them back into the world order and gave them a honourable place at the table of the comity of nations.

Massive investment, humanitarian, human capital, financial and technology was deployed to ensure thise countriea got back on yheir feet as quickly as possible and led them into becoming global powers of their own rights till this day.

Though memorials are still held to mourn the dead, no member of the EU is jealous that Germany is the biggest economy in that bloc. No one sought to pull them down or isolate or marginalise them.

Until a decade ago no one in the Asia Pacific was envious that a country once 'nuked' to submission will rise to become the second largest economy in the world with the aid if the United States.

All former enemies have become STRONG ALLIES supporting each other to develop and prosper..

What is the matter with you and the whole horde of black men throughout the length and breadth of Africa and beyond that cannot let the lessons of history filter through to make you profit from your own mistakes to make a better future for yourselves.

Why are we the only ones that have not been able to mive forward and profit from our own civil war. Most other nations have.

Since 1971 the animosity against the defeated remains. They have been defeated but they must be subdued forever. How foolish can a nation be. How foolish can a people be.

For how can you move forward and climb out of mediocrity, obscurity and pity if all your lives your are tied down holding others down.

In all my years I have thought about these things.

What has it profited Nigeria....in anyway, shape or form to continue to subdue, subjugate and marginalise the people from the East. WHAT HAS NIGERIA GAINED. Is this country better than it was pre civil war....
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by BlackFlamefromP: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2021
I think the Governor is right. You see, a good leader must always learn to listen to the yearnings of his people and grant, or bend to their wishes PROVIDED what they are asking for is not against the law of the land.

If many igbo people need a day to be set aside to remember, honour, and mourn their fallen heroes during the biafran war there is absolutely nothing wrong in granting them that. SE governors can set aside May 30 every year (or any day they are okay with) as public holiday for that purpose but people should not be forced to stay at home!; that is where IPOB get it wrong. Those who want to go about their business should be allowed to do so, while those who want to stay home are free to stay home.

I notice some people are suggesting the day should be a national public holiday. To me, the reason biafran day must not be a national public holiday is that the idea of Biafra and a desire for Biafra is anti-Nigeria, it's against the interest of Nigeria as a sovereign, united, indivisible entity. So Biafran day should be limited to the region who fought to actualize Biafran and suffered severely for it.

I will end this comment with the word of the governor which I believe is very important for igbos to bear in mind:

The significance of that day, if set aside, is for each and every one of us to reflect and ask if we should have done things differently. Yes, we were being killed and we were being maltreated but maybe there would have been an alternative. What is done is done and the man who led us said there shouldn’t be a second war and that is where we are,”

GOATandYAMtheory:
Pussies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Awoo88: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2021
These igbo political leader are very senseless with zero imagination. Look at them taking direction from Kanu. They allow the Kanu man to own the narrative while they are busy licking ass.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by truehero(m): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2021
Stupid man. Why drag ijaw into this? Have you ever seen an ijaw herder?

Be guided you pupet.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by OpinionCounts(m): 9:35am On Jun 02, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
Nnamdi Kanu is a blessing to Igboland undecided

Not just igboland my dear, it's the whole of the southern region (south east, south west, south south). I am not an Easterner, but the level of eye opener and awareness the young man has brought to the whole southern region about the atrocities and evil agendas of the northern led governments especially the fulanis towards the south, it is amazing.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by diplomat058(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2021
Blaming Yorubas, in this case, is a very unwise act
Otuegbe:
Yorubas celebrates Abiola, but when igbos mourn theirs it becomes issue .
That's one of the reasons they want to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Obipaul77(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2021
Doraty1:
• Declares war on armed herdsmen in Ebonyi

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/south-east-govsll-approve-may-30-as-biafra-day-umahi/
Dave Umeahi is indeed the governor of the eastern states, long live sir.
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:51am On Jun 02, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
I think the Governor is right. You see, a good leader must always learn to listen to the yearnings of his people and grant, or bend to their wishes PROVIDED what they are asking for is not against the law of the land.

If many igbo people need a day to be set aside to remember, honour, and mourn their fallen heroes during the biafran war there is absolutely nothing wrong in granting them that. SE governors can set aside May 30 every year (or any day they are okay with) as public holiday for that purpose but people should not be forced to stay at home!; that is where IPOB get it wrong. Those who want to go about their business should be allowed to do so, while those who want to stay home are free to stay home.

I notice some people are suggesting the day should be a national public holiday. To me, the reason biafran day must not be a national public holiday is that the idea of Biafra and a desire for Biafra is anti-Nigeria, it's against the interest of Nigeria as a sovereign, united, indivisible entity. So Biafran day should be limited to the region who fought to actualize Biafran and suffered severely for it.

I will end this comment with the word of the governor which I believe is very important for igbos to bear in mind:

The significance of that day, if set aside, is for each and every one of us to reflect and ask if we should have done things differently. Yes, we were being killed and we were being maltreated but maybe there would have been an alternative. What is done is done and the man who led us said there shouldn’t be a second war and that is where we are,”

I love the emboldened part in the second paragraph the most

You are wise

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Sholaco: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2021
Ode
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by BlackFlamefromP: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2021
Thanks bro.

GOATandYAMtheory:
I love the emboldened part in the second paragraph the most

You are wise

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by GodisFirst: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2021
Good.
This is better than nothing from them.
One step at a time.
Seems his sense is gradually being formatted.
Does he think he will remain in position for more than 8 years?
Re: Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day by Owologbo(m): 10:03am On Jun 02, 2021
Doraty1:
• Declares war on armed herdsmen in Ebonyi

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/south-east-govsll-approve-may-30-as-biafra-day-umahi/
The real biafrans know their States as listed above by the governor.
All the online warriors trying to force SS into Biafra should take note of Biafra States (Abia, Imo, Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Vehicles Filled With Explosives, Arms Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri / Explosion in Millennium Plaza in Abuja / Two Killed As Thugs Burn INEC Buses In Akwa Ibom - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.