Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Im Against The Whole "southners Should Leave The North" Mentality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Im Against The Whole "southners Should Leave The North" Mentality (595 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / ''nigerians Should Leave My Father Alone''; Oshiomhole’s Daughter / All Northerners,eastners And Aliens Should Leave Sw In 7 Days-opc - RUMOUR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Im Against The Whole "southners Should Leave The North" Mentality by Ikengawo: 9:28am On May 02, 2011
no man of nigerian citizenship is more entitled to any portion of nigeria outside their own personal family homes. a man from Imo state is still a nigerian, whether it be in Jos, Kaduna, Ogun, or Jigawa, and the ignorance and hatred of the misfortunate should not dictated what parcel of earth endowed to them by God and their constitution that they should stand on. By this i mean that Nigeria, as your country, is your RIGHT. You have the RIGHT to be in ANY part of Nigeria as a native. There is no "north nigeria" at the UN. If an Igbo man has built a home in Jos, no law of man, or God dictates that he has less a right or reason to be there then any Fulani man.

Anyone that says what is a 'southerner' doing in the north should stop, the answer is 'whatever a northern is doing as well', and that's all the answer you need.

If i find a job, start a business, go to school, serve NYC, build or buy a home in any part of Nigeria it is my God given right and my Constitutional home.

If you're a southerner in the north don't let anyone's ignorance discourage you from understanding your rights. People die in the south too.
Re: Im Against The Whole "southners Should Leave The North" Mentality by wazklin: 1:43pm On May 02, 2011
but when the so-called right is been abused over and over again and the govt is doing nothing to protect it what do you expect individuals to do? of course go to a place where it cannot be abused.
Re: Im Against The Whole "southners Should Leave The North" Mentality by EzeUche3(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2011
Of course an Igbo man would make such a statement. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi Laments Insecurity As Four Die In Ekiti Bank Robbery / Are Bombs Here To Stay? / Hillary Clinton Warns Africa Of 'new Colonialism'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.