Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

NYSC Posting Should Regional Rather Than National - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Posting Should Regional Rather Than National (1130 Views)

Check Your NYSC Posting Here!!!! LOL / NYSC Posting: FG Insists On North Deployment / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Posting Should Regional Rather Than National by pareto(m): 11:29am On May 02, 2011
Many people have called for the scapping of NYSC as a result of what happened in the just concluded 2011 elections. I know it wont be possible because of those who benefit from the it.i.e the contractors. But a more realistic way to put an end to victimisation and murder of corps member is for the posting to be regional. i.e SOUTH WEST,SOUTH EAST,SOUTH SOUTH,NORTH CENTRAL,NORTH WEST and NORTH EAST
Regardless of which school they finish from, the posting should be done based on their state of Origin and their region. I went to school in lagos but was posted to Maiduguiri where some kanuris were being hostile for being used as a MONITOR on polio immunization . The money paid to corps members was more than that of the locals and this was the cause. If this is done, it will definitely bring an end to victimising corps members.
Re: NYSC Posting Should Regional Rather Than National by pipolad(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2011
I totally agree wiv U̶̲̥̅̊, we have seen enough, I even had 2 leave when I heard a rumour d@ dεƔ wanna react 2 osama's death,
Re: NYSC Posting Should Regional Rather Than National by alanrewaju: 3:40pm On May 07, 2011
Although I do not support the hostility( in somme region) against Corps Member I still do not agree with scrapping or making NYSC a regional thing, that will make its purpose futile.

Every time a system goes wrong we ( as Nigeria) are all always so quick to condemn and criticize the efficiency of its purpose without proper analyzes of the problem. Let Us remember that this crisis in the Northern part is a cultural/belief thing, there have also been pocket of such unfortunate incident here and there within this region against non-indigene
I had my service in the south-south region, despite being a yoruba lad I was welcome, taught and cared for, they even accommodate my excesses. I remember this young woman I call "Mummy" she feeds me and my friend like we're there to have our own portion of the biblical Mana. Down here in the Southwest I have heard of Corpers not wanting to go back home not because they were "jazzed" but because they love the environment and people.
Re: NYSC Posting Should Regional Rather Than National by iice(f): 2:10pm On May 08, 2011
alanrewaju:

Although I do not support the hostility( in somme region) against Corps Member I still do not agree with scrapping or making NYSC a regional thing, that will make its purpose futile.

You dey mind them.

(1) (Reply)

Elections.. Escape Route To Take For Corp Members. / Owning A Big Business While Serving (NYSC) / Online Professional Certificate Training Courses For NYSC Corp Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.