Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette (66099 Views)

Suspend Constitution Review, Conduct Referendum On Biafra - Northern Coalition / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court / Oshiomhole Threatens To Suspend Ngige: If Presidency Condones Disrespect.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by eeetuk(m): 12:57am On Jun 03, 2021
Report: “In the eight-page secret memo dated May 4, 2021, Mr Malami told Mr Buhari that insecurity across Nigeria has reached a level that could no longer be checked by existing democratic techniques, saying only a state of emergency promulgated by the president can help return the country to tranquility.”

I support Mr. Malami decision to advice President Buhari to declare a state of emergence and suspend the 1999 constitution to bring peace to the country for one reason. And that reason is---suspension of the current democratic rule in Nigeria will ensure that next civilian rule [especially in a state like Akwa Ibom State] will be govern by state indigenes.

Akwa Ibom State has been governed by foreigners since 2007 by use of force instead of election. Goodwin Akpabio—who was the governor of Akwa Ibom State from 2007-2015 is from Anambra State and that has hurt state development. Udom Emmanuel—the current governor of Akwa Ibom [2015---] is from Lagos State. He does not speak Ibibio. And his wife is a Yoruba woman. Godwin Akpabio, who made Udom Emmanuel governor in 2015 stated this in a news conference during Udom’s introduction.

That is why I am in favor of suspending the current constitution, along with Buhari’s administration, and starting a new constitution. This will allow state indigenes in Akwa Ibom State to elect its citizens to govern.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by chinebu(m): 1:00am On Jun 03, 2021
Kundagarten:
Those thinking Tinubu will be president in 2023 are in for a shock

https://gazettengr.com/exclusive-in-secret-memo-agf-malami-asks-buhari-to-suspend-nigerian-constitution-declare-martial-law/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
This is the reason he doesn't want to tackle insecurity head on so that he can achieve third term through martial law.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by pipnator00(m): 1:10am On Jun 03, 2021
Who else is thinking aloud here?
Could this be the reason Imo State (which used to be the most peaceful State in Nigeria) suddenly became a no go area.
I swear, if the said memo is true, then it points likely, to those behind the upheaval around the country.
That is, cause commotion, raise dust, make the country ungovernable so its easy or rather, there is a reason to suspend the constitution and invoke martial law.
I said it before buhari came into power, he is a step behind time. Actually, he is a decade behind time.
He has set this country many years behind and if you still support this disaster we have as government, really, SHAME on you!

3 Likes

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by jimcaddy(m): 1:18am On Jun 03, 2021
I don't know what the DSS is waiting for. They are not doing their jobs oh. Are these guys untouchable? Can't they be picked up and interrogated? Because Nigeria is gradually sliding into anarchy if care is not taken. Everyone seems to have taken the law into their hands. Kidnappers are having a field day cashing out, ritualists are having it easy. Armed robbers too are doing what they like. Why was I born a Nigerian? The whites will just be laughing at us. We have made a total mockery of ourselves. Nigeria wil never be respected anywhere in the world again.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Tdotbluejays1: 1:21am On Jun 03, 2021
UPMIKE:
This is one of the reasons that only 5% of us voted for him( this government).
95% of us saw these failures and shamelessness in him that's why we rejected him from the beginning and still reject him till date.
The same way Ojukwu and our fathers saw no hope and future in this country (ANIMAL KINGDOM) in the 60's.
But the whole country thought we made mistakes.
Now fellow countrymen between we the igbos and the rest of the country who is wiser now?
Please answer with all honesty and sincerely.
"PROUDLY 5% !!!"
Same Ojukwu that contested for the presidency in 2003 or 2004?
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by slimshady1000: 1:33am On Jun 03, 2021
My dear 'NIGGERS'.
The dumbest creatures on this Planet.

Banmeallday:
LOL see Blackies dont know what the rule of law is even though they claim to be lawyer.

They want to suspend a constitution that’s even younger than Nigeria that itself is younger than Buhari LOL

LOL. NIGGERS I tell you. And they wonder why people are racist towards their blackie selfs....
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Bimpe29: 1:48am On Jun 03, 2021
UPMIKE:
95% of us saw these failures and shamelessness in him that's why we rejected him from the beginning and still reject him till date.
The same way Ojukwu and our fathers saw no hope and future in this country (ANIMAL KINGDOM) in the 60's.
Now fellow countrymen between we the igbos and the rest of the country who is wiser now?
"PROUDLY 5% !!!"
Wiser in what context?
This question is somehow as it leads nowhere.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Princewell2012(m): 1:49am On Jun 03, 2021
doctokwus:
This one is moi moi matter.
OBJ that is 100 times more brilliant,less than 1/1000th as hated as this semi-literate,nepotic bigot tried it and he failed.
If Buhari even attempts to tamper with his leaving office in 2023,he would only have his Fulani herders to rule.
The only reason the country has not erupted in nationwide flames and insurrection is because sane people know 2023,for the worst president to ever rule Nigeria,to leave office,though looks far,is still bearable and assured.
Let him make any attempt to stay beyond May 2023 and see if any sane person would allow him to rule him/her beyond then.
Imagine the effrontery of a dunce attempting to suspend the constitution!Just imagine the nerve!!

Can you see that those attacking police station and check points in the south east were sponsored by this government. So they can bring in their evil agenda.

I count bet it with you, they were the ones that attack that Imo prison and free prisoners.

No igbo man should rejoice about what is happening in the East, thinking it is Ipob hands work. it is a complete lie, they were carried out by the Nigerian government. The British have seen this afar off, thats why they have decided to offer Ipob that travel advantage. My younger brother called me yesterday and informed me that they usually sleep in the bush this period because Nigerian Army goes after them in their houses. I don't think Buhari is going to hand over to anybody let alone a southerner . Forget about the directive he said he gave to Inec all those are just mere a lip service. He have another agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by DEROX: 1:58am On Jun 03, 2021
UPMIKE:
"PROUDLY 5% !!!"
what of zik grin at least he carry am for head pass
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Princewell2012(m): 2:00am On Jun 03, 2021
wirinet:

In effect Mr Malami is asking Buhari to execute a coup against the Government and people of Nigeria.

If the Senate are not a rubber stamp one, this is the time they will impeach him. In fact this is long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Lostchild(m): 2:03am On Jun 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I support every measure and means to bring law and order.

The country is in choas, to prevent further choas, a martial law need to be imposed.

God, i miss Abacha

When abacha was in power, all those showing power were peeing on their pants any time his name was mentioned.

Where is abacha?

Where is the abacha you are so bragging about?

Where is he?

If you can't answer me, then keep quiet lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by ScamHunter: 2:05am On Jun 03, 2021
Jackson105:

Keep crying! Don't go and rescue your parents being rape by Fulani herdsmen in Ebonyi, keep blaming Yoruba for your failure

Haha...head slamming Afonja. Has your parents returned from exile? Soon your Seriki Fulani will remember you and you'll disappear. The bad news is that cowardice won't let you fight.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by AfonjaConehead: 2:11am On Jun 03, 2021
FrLukas:
We were expecting it.

We've seen it from afar.

Didn't we tell you they have an agenda?

Anyone who thinks the Fulanis will relinquish power come 2023 is a joker.

Says a renowned Igbo this Igbo that merchant mtcheewwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by buckeyemedia: 2:14am On Jun 03, 2021
Kamdil:
This guy called Malami wants to plunge Nigeria into quick civil war.

This guy has no sense
Civil war, or Federal Government genocide?
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by buckeyemedia: 2:17am On Jun 03, 2021
FrLukas:
We were expecting it.

We've seen it from afar.

Didn't we tell you they have an agenda?

Anyone who thinks the Fulanis will relinquish power come 2023 is a joker.
Organize yourselves & vote, is anyone going to give it to you on a platter of gold, is it your birth right? Just to be Wailing they should come & dash you the presidency?, you have seen it from afar, they have an agenda? Keep burning down Inec offices in Eastern Nigeria, you will be the ones to be disfranchised, then your wailing will continue.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by linearity: 2:39am On Jun 03, 2021
I think this is fake news, the AGN can not say that.

PMB derives his authority and powers from the constitution; there is no provision in the document that gives him the power to suspend it, rather he sworn an oath to protect it.

In an alternate universe, If it were possible for him to suspend the constitution, he himself becomes an illegitimate President as the document from which he derives his powers has been suspended.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by olmoRoc: 2:39am On Jun 03, 2021
[quote]The essence of declaration is to allow for suspension of constitutional and legal bureaucratic bottlenecks pertaining to matters of National Security with particular regards to fundamental rights guaranteed under Chapter IV of the 1999 Constitution and processes and procedures relating to procurements, among others,” the attorney-general said. [quote]

Were there any under buhari?
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by chaloskyx: 2:40am On Jun 03, 2021
IF THEY LIKE SEF LET THEM ERADICATE ALL NIGERIANS E NO CONCERN ME NIGERIA IS PAST SAVING ONLY DESTRUCTION AWAITS
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by OsusTroller: 2:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Banmeallday:
LOL see Blackies dont know what the rule of law is even though they claim to be lawyer.

They want to suspend a constitution that’s even younger than Nigeria that itself is younger than Buhari LOL

LOL. NIGGERS I tell you. And they wonder why people are racist towards their blackie selfs....
Brownies and not blackies.
Blackies don't exist.
We can't continue to live by how pink-pale skinned people so-called whites defined us.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Telldem1(m): 3:08am On Jun 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

It is only you that's in for a long ride

We know Buhari can never change, we know him very well.

We warned against voting an ass hole like Buhari but you guys called us names
They are feeling the heat now!

3 Likes

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Telldem1(m): 3:11am On Jun 03, 2021
UPMIKE:
"PROUDLY 5% !!!"
Dey never see anything
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by ensamy(m): 3:41am On Jun 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The country is in choas, to prevent further choas, a martial law need to be imposed.

God, i miss Abacha

When abacha was in power, all those showing power were peeing on their pants any time his name was mentioned.
But with all his powers he had no wisdom for dying licking the pussy of a little Indian sex worker or prostitute and gone straight to hell.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by pope777(m): 3:59am On Jun 03, 2021
This A-thorny General is certainly high on something. Power drunk slowpoke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Babaken(m): 4:02am On Jun 03, 2021
greatdreamer:
The greatest shock Buhari will receive in life even in dead, is when he made such satanic proclamation. That will quickly end this Lord Lugard's contraption within weeks
my brother nothing I mean nothing will still happen Southern will leave their greatest enemy of progress and be fighting themselves mostly here on nairaland. Be that lunatic say it there is plan underground
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Emyogalanya: 4:05am On Jun 03, 2021
UPMIKE:
"PROUDLY 5% !!!"
I'm certain even the 5%came from his own brethren resident in Se

2 Likes

Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Gaddafih001(m): 4:25am On Jun 03, 2021
ivolt:
Dangerous move.
Barrack boys will love such an opportunity.
They want to handover to barrack boys after their tenure ends..
A Fulani named Alkali Jalo is being prepared for that.
His mother is from Guinea.
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by lexy2014: 4:34am On Jun 03, 2021
jaxxy:

To restore normalcy if things get out of hand offcourse so innocent people are not affected by security threats bt it’s not that bad yet bt it’s growing.

The government is complicit bt not directly and the threats are not coming from the government itself bt various parties. The government must still protect all citizens. It’s their duty.

U haven't answered d questions asked:

1. Does d govt need state of emergency before it can tackle insecurity?

2. If u say that "The problem here is the government is complicit and very biased in dealing with insecurity", how are u expecting declaring state of emergency will make them non complicit and unbiased?
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by lexy2014: 4:36am On Jun 03, 2021
SARSCoV2:

What lame question are you asking. Whats the level of insecurity in the country today?

He is the constitutional president and can activate it if he deems fit.

#Simple!

U still haven't answered my questions:

1. Insecurity where?

2. How did d insecurity come about?
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by AuroraB(f): 4:36am On Jun 03, 2021
BruncleZuma:
AuroraB, as I was saying yesterday...just get ready to read and hear nonsense and ingredients as their excuse for marshall law enactment.
This isn't looking good at all cry
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Guynexttdoor: 4:40am On Jun 03, 2021
UPMIKE:
"PROUDLY 5% !!!"
Rather 97%- 5% as an olodo hm be. sad
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Doyou2019: 4:51am On Jun 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

God, i miss Abacha

Peeing on their pants. Olodo
Re: Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette by Nobody: 4:51am On Jun 03, 2021
discusant:

In bold is a most thoughtful deposition. Because of sovereignty of a country, an ethnic group in the country is using the country's armed forces to subjugate other ethnic groups to pursue Islamization and Fulanization of the country. Any ethnic group attacked by the country's armed forces must fight back till the end.

This coming war, will be fought in every State, every home and every hamlets. Because there are Biafrans everywhere, in our villages, in our homes and in our minds.

The fulanized FG always think they have a slave army who obeys their every command, but will be shocked to know that the soldiers are too hungry to be loyal.

The next war, the soldiers will prefer to rob or kidnap with the arms than fight for the State. It will be bloody and uncontrollable and in the end, the South will fair better.

I propose Secession, it is too late for Constitutional Confederalism now. Restructuring will no longer work. We want all oil fields off the hands of the political elites.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

7 Women Who Made President Buhari's Ministerial List: PROFILES + PHOTOS / ‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them Eventually (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.