Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity (22813 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Onion Traders Threaten To Cut Supply To Southern Nigeria Monday / Throwback Post Of Jonathan When He Visited North East Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by EasternActivist: 7:09am On Jun 03, 2021
nedekid:

Are you supporting the looting of the onions? How can stealing other people's sweat be justified in the south east agitation?
Igbos are not know to be looters, he who lives in glass house should not throw stones. Ie, we have more to loose in the looting game.

Am not supporting the looting,

If they wish to ban onions from heading to east. They should go ahead asap that's all am saying. grin
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by DrSamOnowu87(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2021
Nothing wey person no go see or heas 4 dis corn3tri. Onions kwa Time done reach when una go use am dey drink garri. By d time it start roting na beg una go beg.
There is nothing anybody can do in dis cowtri that wil affect we d Igbos,we are more than conquerors.

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by betkingdom: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
how you wan take plant with ur land wey no reach half of borno state and 30 million population. Shey no be hunger go kill my brothers nw
When they blocked food from entering south west did you die? Money would buy anything no matter where it is.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Omoluabiii(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2021
Igbos needs to be wise,
why re you attacking those bringing in food materials for you, when your land is currently in crisis?
Soon they will stop all food entry,
wise up igbos, wise up!

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Nwaotu10(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2021
They should equally ban the supply of poisonous foodstuff to the East!

Mad people.
Ndi mgbu.

Inglorious heaps of otiosity grin grin

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by EasternActivist: 7:16am On Jun 03, 2021
Seun360:
This people always play the victim card, your people looted a whole trailer load of onions, none of your activists called them out, burnted down 2 trucks loaded with palm oil, razed police stations, media houses, killed security officials, killed a prominent northern politician, none of your activists called them out.

They wan change am for una, Una begin shout genocide.
For me, they should grant them their Biafra so they can all leave the Southwest region.

Tell me if any of these has not happened in the sw!?!

See your mouth shouting southwest!?!

What's southwest without Lagos?

Maybe by now cocoa house will just be your only source of pride. wink

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by EasternActivist: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2021
Paretomaster1:

Bought like the ones hijacked, and sold at a giveaway price ?

So!?! As if banditry is not a Nigeria problem.

Goats where looted in Edo sometime, rice have been looted in Lagos even bikes where looted at sw.

So what's your point.

Because is the SE you hate!?!

When they banned tomatoes from entering south you go hide your face now you've run out and only thing you can scream is SE is parasitic. Without Lagos what have you!?!

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by DrSamOnowu87(m): 7:23am On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

This shout waste(SW) pple sef,sometimes aboki cow brain dey dey sound pass thier own.

2 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by PAWG(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
Really saddened by the comments I’m reading here undecided
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Prechy08(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2021
Why these people no de use their head or think b4 them talk an,?

Now you stop supply to the east, who lose, onion are perishable, when you cut supply to the east what happens to the quantity you usual send to the east? Send them to west? Abi consume them? . now let say you move them to west, supply becomes greater than demand, prices crashes abi?

The East might start importing them if it's soo needed.

Who lose.
Just keep quiet, do your business and cash out

3 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by tobstarizhia(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2021
One thing I don't understand about the fucking country is, everyone seems to unanimously hate Igbos. So why live with them. The Igbos themselves they don't want to be with you. Fine the South South is where the oil is so keep them (they don't even want to identify with us in the South East...like they hate us themselves) so what benefit are you gaining from the Igbos. Why not let them go and you can finally be happy with your life. Yorubas hate the Igbos in their Lagos, why not support the Igbos to get their Biafra so they can desaturate your land? Is that not common sense? I just don't understand these people. You hate Igbos but you don't want them to leave. It's like a drug addict. He hates taking drugs but he can't bring himself to quit using.

3 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 03, 2021
If not bubu that helps thier businesses, by blocking bothers..who for send thier onions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by tobstarizhia(m): 7:49am On Jun 03, 2021
tobstarizhia:
One thing I don't understand about the fucking country is, everyone seems to unanimously hate Igbos. So why live with them. The Igbos themselves they don't want to be with you. Fine the South South is where the oil is so keep them (they don't even want to identify with us in the South East...like they hate us themselves) so what benefit are you gaining from the Igbos. Why not let them go and you can finally be happy with your life. Yorubas hate the Igbos in their Lagos, why not support the Igbos to get their Biafra so they can desaturate your land? Is that not common sense? I just don't understand these people. You hate Igbos but you don't want them to leave. It's like a drug addict. He hates taking drugs but he can't bring himself to quit using.

I actually want to know how you think? What drives you? What makes you want them to be with you? Do you secretly love them so much it makes you guilty, so you pretend to hate them? I know I wouldn't stay next to something that I hate.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by fk001(m): 7:50am On Jun 03, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

These Fulani overrated themselves. cheesy

Them never learn lesson from their recent unfortunate escapades.

Buyers is the king.

There are buyers in south west and south south.

They did the right thing by boycotting the south east
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Onions can rot easily, it’s their loss.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by nobilie: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Golan007:
The ones they stole the other day should sustain them for a while.

Why do they even need onions?
A trailer load of goats was ransacked at Fagba area of Lagos last year and hoodlums stole the goats(there's a video of it). Has goat/ram/cattle traders stopped shipping their products to southwest? W
When they blocked trailers carrying food to the south at Niger state bordering south, they came to their senses after their goods started wasting away. Agric products are perishables esp onions.
If you follow the forces of demand and supply, you'll know that a zero supply of onions to SE means more supply to other regions which will force the price done. Farmers will lose as SE will import from Cameroon and will be forced to develop better means to feed itself. It is 90% to the advantage of the SE.

3 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by ma373733(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2021
1.buyers are the king'sgrin
2.onions like tomatoes are highly perishablesgrin
3.people that the so called onions the most are the northerners they statistically have the highest number of blind peoplegrin
Who win?grin

2 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by ma373733(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2021
fk001:

There are buyers in south west and south south.

They did the right thing by boycotting the south east
like who cares?grin
Las las na them lose

2 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by xaggar(m): 7:59am On Jun 03, 2021
TrackerXL:
Nope it was not. Igbos looted the onion live n all Nigerians watched them as they did so.

Forget all these media lies.

That video was an endsars video. It was last year 2020.

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Paretomaster1(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

So!?! As if banditry is not a Nigeria problem.

Goats where looted in Edo sometime, rice have been looted in Lagos even bikes where looted at sw.

So what's your point.

Because is the SE you hate!?!

When they banned tomatoes from entering south you go hide your face now you've run out and only thing you can scream is SE is parasitic. Without Lagos what have you!?!

What is your point here? It's either you people are daf*t or plain stoopeed...

You said you bought the Onions, I asked if the ones hijacked were bought too, u typing gibberish...

Why would anyone hate you? You are the ones spreading hate all the time, Without Lagos what have we got?

I wonder why you trooping into even the most remote part of North...

So bcoz goats, and beans were looted in other part of the country make it normal? U r not normal..
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Ubongdemaga: 8:15am On Jun 03, 2021
Wetin onions give for body? Earnestly if u ask me without Googling i can't say

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by EmekaA125(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
how you wan take plant with ur land wey no reach half of borno state and 30 million population. Shey no be hunger go kill my brothers nw
Greater part of Northern States are empty vast dry land. Most of these areas are prone to desert encroachment which is one of the reasons Fulani herdsmen are migrating to South that have arable land.

The most deserted place in SE is livable or inhabitable compared to the state you mentioned.

Landmass doesn't translate to productivity.

Lagos and Anambra are the smallest states in Nigeria but you can't compare what comes out from these states with Borno, Yobe, Jigawa or Sokoto that have border with Niger Republic.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by chidiebube107: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2021
Sammy07:
If Food blockage by northerners didn't affect South West then I believe it won't affect South East
Food blocked never happen in SW bro
it's just our foolish media.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by stieyven(m): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2021
Armaggedon:
Op report it well "Onions suppliers end their own means of livelihood over insecurity in SE"

Only in Nigeria does a business man count his market privileged to have him instead of the other way. These fools think upside down and only do well in advertising their stupidity. For goodness sake, you have no choice. You can't sell this to neighbouring countries who have a small market, weak demand, weaker currency and whose products are even cheaper.

Onions is not an essential commodity and even if it were, cheaper products will still come in from the borders. Fools are still struggling to come to terms with the fact that sharing a country with them is the greatest privilege they will enjoy.
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Jolomenas: 8:44am On Jun 03, 2021
Armaggedon:
Op report it well "Onions suppliers end their own means of livelihood over insecurity in SE"

Only in Nigeria does a business man count his market privileged to have him instead of the other way. These fools think upside down and only do well in advertising their stupidity. For goodness sake, you have no choice. You can't sell this to neighbouring countries who have a small market, weak demand, weaker currency and whose products are even cheaper.

Onions is not an essential commodity and even if it were, cheaper products will still come in from the borders. Fools are still struggling to come to terms with the fact that sharing a country with them is the greatest privilege they will enjoy.
Do you mean they should keep supplying even when its clear they might lose their goods to hungry thieving pflatinos?
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2021
houseontherock:
See why the South should grow their own food and rear their cows? First it was no food supply to the SW, now it's no onions to the SE! These guys used oil money to develop their agricultural sector at the expense of the South, yet they have the nerve to threaten people with deprivation! Really, there's nothing going on for the Northerners without the South!

But no one here is condemning the theft... Surely if that was your business looted, you wouldn't be happy. Let's call a spade a spade, if they started looting Igbo businesses up north, everyone would condemn it.

Onions may not be very important, but the act was wrong. We all saw the video.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Seun360(m): 8:47am On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:

It's nobody's fault that you don't have much to attract other group to your region.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Jolomenas: 8:49am On Jun 03, 2021
nobilie:

A trailer load of goats was ransacked at Fagba area of Lagos last year and hoodlums stole the goats(there's a video of it). Has goat/ram/cattle traders stopped shipping their products to southwest? W
When they blocked trailers carrying food to the south at Niger state bordering south, they came to their senses after their goods started wasting away. Agric products are perishables esp onions.
If you follow the forces of demand and supply, you'll know that a zero supply of onions to SE means more supply to other regions which will force the price done. Farmers will lose as SE will import from Cameroon and will be forced to develop better means to feed itself. It is 90% to the advantage of the SE.
Spare is this nonsense!
Is it not better I sell my onions at low price than to have it hijacked by thieves from your region?
Abi you think say na only you sabi calculation
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by EasternActivist: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Seun360:

It's nobody's fault that you don't have much to attract other group to your region.

So why is some of your brothers and sisters in the east!!!?!
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Obipaul77(m): 9:08am On Jun 03, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

https://dailytrust.com/onion-producers-suspend-supply-to-southeast-over-insecurity
Let them go to hell with their onion, we can survive without it, foolish fools.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Kingrefreshed: 9:08am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:

Please Add 12 million to that number you wrote.

The population of Igbo's as of today is 42 million.

Get your facts right.

And when you mention Borno! Are we talking about Landmass wey be desert and no body lives there?

Wake up!
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Truth2Life: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2021
Delicious Foods can be made without onions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SSS Uncover Plans To Disrupt May 29 Inauguration / A Danfo Killed The LASTMA Official. Not The Banker - Eyewitness / Wike Withdraws Charges Against Caverton Helicopter Pilots, Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.