Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days (2476 Views)

I've Been Quiet Because Of Respect I Have For Ikpeazu, Abia Assembly Speaker / UGM Have More Attacks On Sundays Than Other Days / Notice How Tinubu, Osinbanjo, And Fashola Have Been Quiet On CJN Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Kwashiman: 5:48am On Jun 03, 2021
After all episodes of needless violence, destruction and unrest over the past few weeks, it appears (and I hope and pray this is the case) the UGM have realized the folly of destroying their own region, needlessly wasting lives on both sides and making life miserable for the peace loving Igbos... apparently some sections of the country seemed to be enjoying all the bloodshed going on in the East - at least judging from how every event was over-dramatized on Nairaland and even Twitter by some people who seriously wanted the military to go all out and carpet the whole East if need be, without recourse to thecivilians who would be massacred, but God pass them.

I just want peace to be restored in the East, as an Anioma boy with my strong Igbo pride and love intact , it breaks my heart to see my brothers turn their beautiful region into another Borno, I can't imagine how a whole Owerri with arguably the best nightlife in Nigeria probably next only to Lagos, has now been turned to a complete ghost city... I want the vivacity, energy and glamor of my Owerri back! no more of destroying your public properties and the mindless killing of security personnels (most of whom are our own Igbo brothers and sisters), I hope and pray we don't hear of any UGM madness in the East Bikonu Umu Nnem... ESN/UGM should use this period of inactivity to re-strategize, have some sober reflections lay low and covert and return to the original plan to flushing criminal herdsmen from our rural communities and forests as they were doing before with remarkable success before they somehow derailed into something else.

God bless Alaigbo

Your brother from Enuani heartily greets you all.

10 Likes

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by bhella10: 5:51am On Jun 03, 2021
Are you missing them ni? What is wrong with you? Trouble dey sleep...

3 Likes

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by colorsofrainbow: 5:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwashiman:
After all episodes of needless violence, destruction and unrest over the past few weeks, it appears (and I hope and pray this is the case) the UGM have realized the folly of destroying their own region, needlessly wasting lives on both sides and making life miserable for the peace loving Igbos... apparently some sections of the country seemed to be enjoying all the bloodshed going on in the East - at least judging from how every event was over-dramatized on Nairaland and even Twitter by some people who seriously wanted the military to go all out and carpet the whole East if need be, without recourse to thecivilians who would be massacred, but God pass them.

I just want peace to be restored in the East, as an Anioma boy with my strong Igbo pride and love intact , it breaks my heart to see my brothers turn their beautiful region into another Borno, I can't imagine how a whole Owerri with arguably the best nightlife in Nigeria probably next only to Lagos, has now been turned to a complete ghost city... I want the vivacity, energy and glamor of my Owerri back! no more of destroying your public properties and the mindless killing of security personnels (most of whom are our own Igbo brothers and sisters), I hope and pray we don't hear of any UGM madness in the East Bikonu Umu Nnem... ESN/UGM should use this period of inactivity to re-strategize, have some sober reflections lay low and covert and return to the original plan to flushing criminal herdsmen from our rural communities and forests as they were doing before with remarkable success before they somehow derailed into something else.

God bless Alaigbo

Talk say u be APC miscreant.
Open up say you be Igbo wannabe.
Be free to speak out on your hatred on Nnamdi Kanu/ipob.
No dey try dey wise by half grin
Meanwhile your type plenty for nairaland we are used to such stale antics

God bless Biafra!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Monogamy: 5:53am On Jun 03, 2021
Their quietness is for their own sake and the people they claimed they are defending/protecting
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Kwashiman: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Talk say u be APC miscreant.
Open up say you be Igbo wannabe.
Be free to speak out on your hatred on Nnamdi Kanu/ipob.
No dey try dey wise by half grin
Meanwhile your type plenty for nairaland we are used to such stale antics

God bless Biafra!

Stop been daft, no sane person will want destruction and death in his own land because of Biafra, that's just plain dumb.

2 Likes

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Kwashiman: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2021
Monogamy:
Their quietness is for their own sake and the people they claimed they are defending/protecting

For real though, the attack on government facilities and security personnels was very out of place and unnecessary in the first place... now the whole East has been militarized and people live in constant fear of the worse... the UGM have already made their mission and point clear about police/military brutality (we understand their grievances even though they went too far), now it's time to go back to the drawing board and make smarter decisions. If you want a war so badly, then plan smartly for it like civilized people with brains do, instead of putting other people's lives at risk for no reason.
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by colorsofrainbow: 6:04am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwashiman:

Stop been daft, no sane person will want destruction and death in his own land because of Biafra, that's just plain dumb.
Thank you for your submission,APC miscreant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by temptnow: 6:14am On Jun 03, 2021
They're very smart, you have to observe and gather Intel on where the Zoo army and police are then give them a surprise visit as usual

1 Like

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by PrinceOfLagos: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2021
It is good that they lay low and allow peace to return to the East for the sake of women and children that will suffer the most should the situation go south .

Let peace reign but zero tolerance to the criminal fulani herdsmen.
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2021
the post of this OP isthe reason why we are still suffering up till today. not that i am in favor of destruction of properties but look around you today. in other developed countries who had to fight to gain their freedom or countries that have had civil war in the past and became developed, which of them was not destroyed before rebuild was done?

are you expecting to get your freedom on a platter of gold from your oppressors who would rather see you dead than grant you what your heart desires? Lest we fall or dont getthe point, there is a bigger picture that encompasses your immediate enjoyment, nightlife charade and what have you, infact the process going on now is the fight for our childrens children. this is what makes oyibo different from us, they reason for the future, this yeye OP is talking about his freedom of movement at night. Furck that your enjoyment if you cannot see and understand the bigger picture at play here. in the process of a rebuild, there must be casualties, sacrifices to be made this is the reason why we set 2days aside to remember fallen heroes. the same heroes, the nigeria govt/ SE govnrs do not want us to remember

Nigeria is a gone story. i would not want to associate with it anymore. i was never in support of Biafra but as i grew older, i came to the realization that nigeria would never ever get any better. this is what Ojukwu saw and decided to pull out. the same Ojukwu they are calling coward is the same Ojukwu who first clamoured from Gowon for what they are still debating about 50years later. his request was simple, let each region be autonomous, allowed to manage their resources and run like a nation within a nation. is this not still the same conversation we are having in form of restructuring? Nigerians have not woken up to smell the coffee. Nigeria was not built to work. there is no unity of purpose too many divergent interests. its better we all go our separate ways.

5 Likes

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Ikology(m): 6:40am On Jun 03, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Thank you for your submission,APC miscreant.

Incoherent statements as usual. Counter his position with a superior argument Mba, you only know how to identify who is Igbo or not or who is APC or not.

1 Like

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Lekan111(m): 6:40am On Jun 03, 2021
Peace is what we want
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by November1857(m): 6:41am On Jun 03, 2021
They should channel that strength against fulani herdsmen terrorist in the bush...
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Skyfornia(m): 6:43am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwashiman:

You are the daft one here kid...what evidence do you have that it is IPOB or ESN destroying things in the east??
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Piggyyeaster1: 6:46am On Jun 03, 2021
Nigerian army is giving them as e dey hot
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by dettolgel: 6:50am On Jun 03, 2021
Op you mean DSS sponsored attacks?
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by bcomputer101: 7:08am On Jun 03, 2021
The toothless bulldogs don run to neighbouring states like there father Ojukwu

2 Likes

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by kettykin: 7:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Value of peace can't be overemphasized. South east states have has it rough in the past few days, business need recovery and the eastern economy needs a breather
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2021
November1857:
They should channel that strength against fulani herdsmen terrorist in the bush...

that is also part of their job description which they are doing very well.
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Sicilyjoe: 7:13am On Jun 03, 2021
Who wan die, life they sweet them too
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Valkrie: 7:18am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwashiman:

God bless Alaigbo

Why are you crying more than the bereaved...so you are trying to tell us you love igbo land and igbos more than themselves right...? Continues but you must understand that the thirst for freedom is insatiable till freedom is totally and finally achieved...just hold that in your right hand and keep it close to your chest...
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by iamDrRhymes(m): 7:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Nwannemo! You have spoken well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2021
Who told you they derailed.When the idiots came to imo and openly claimed they came for show of force.The bastards has seen force and are now on the run .They thought it was going to be business as usual like when they brought python dance..If they don't get off the street of Igbo land,we promise they will die like chicken irrespective of thr tribe as long as they wear those useless uniform,army, police and para military.They are warned

1 Like

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by mekaboy(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2021
They are preparing to return to Anambra. They suffered during their last attack.
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Ebenezer2021(m): 8:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Buhari's threat is working.
The fear of Sai Baba
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Ebenezer2021(m): 8:14am On Jun 03, 2021
[s]
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:
the post of this OP isthe reason why we are still suffering up till today. not that i am in favor of destruction of properties but look around you today. in other developed countries who had to fight to gain their freedom or countries that have had civil war in the past and became developed, which of them was not destroyed before rebuild was done?

are you expecting to get your freedom on a platter of gold from your oppressors who would rather see you dead than grant you what your heart desires? Lest we fall or dont getthe point, there is a bigger picture that encompasses your immediate enjoyment, nightlife charade and what have you, infact the process going on now is the fight for our childrens children. this is what makes oyibo different from us, they reason for the future, this yeye OP is talking about his freedom of movement at night. Furck that your enjoyment if you cannot see and understand the bigger picture at play here. in the process of a rebuild, there must be casualties, sacrifices to be made this is the reason why we set 2days aside to remember fallen heroes. the same heroes, the nigeria govt/ SE govnrs do not want us to remember

Nigeria is a gone story. i would not want to associate with it anymore. i was never in support of Biafra but as i grew older, i came to the realization that nigeria would never ever get any better. this is what Ojukwu saw and decided to pull out. the same Ojukwu they are calling coward is the same Ojukwu who first clamoured from Gowon for what they are still debating about 50years later. his request was simple, let each region be autonomous, allowed to manage their resources and run like a nation within a nation. is this not still the same conversation we are having in form of restructuring? Nigerians have not woken up to smell the coffee. Nigeria was not built to work. there is no unity of purpose too many divergent interests. its better we all go our separate ways.
[/s]
Trash.
just shut the hell up
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Ebenezer2021(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

that is also part of their job description which they are doing very well.
oh they did very well that's why they left the forest reserves in Ebonyi to go attack security formations giving chance to fulani herdsmen to massacre over 50 Ebonyi indigenes.
I can see how daft you are
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Sincinnati: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwashiman:

God bless Alaigbo

Apparently, the world has seen the shenanigans of the Presidency.
How they intended to give a dog a bad name so they can kill it.

Their plans to destabilize the East and invade it with soldiers declaring martial law.

The idiots masquerading as Presidency are obviously planning on other insidious tactics to deploy in the East, that’s why they took a break.

1 Like

Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Kwashiman: 8:23am On Jun 03, 2021
Sincinnati:
Apparently, the world has seen the shenanigans of the Presidency.
How they intended to give a dog a bad name so they can kill it.

Their plans to destabilize the East and invade it with soldiers declaring martial law.

The idiots masquerading as Presidency are obviously planning on other insidious tactics to deploy in the East, that’s why they took a break.

I completely agree with this submission.
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Kwashiman: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Ebenezer2021:
oh they did very well that's why they left the forest reserves in Ebonyi to go attack security formations giving chance to fulani herdsmen to massacre over 50 Ebonyi indigenes.
I can see how daft you are
The massacre took place in Benue state and was done on Benue Izzi indigenes even though they speak a dialect of Ebonyi due to boundary proximity. ESN were responsible for flushing out the Fulani strongholds from Ebonyi after the last killings, a feat Umahi in his cowardice and irresponsibility took credit for by crediting the success to his fake Ebube-agu.
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by EngrJAO: 8:54am On Jun 03, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Talk say u be APC miscreant. Open up say you be Igbo wannabe. Be free to speak out on your hatred on Nnamdi Kanu/ipob. No dey try dey wise by half grin Meanwhile your type plenty for nairaland we are used to such stale antics
God bless Biafra!
I can see the quality of your Denver. �
Re: UGM Have Been Quiet For The Past Two Days by Waterysperm: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2021
Kwashiman:

For real though, the attack on government facilities and security personnels was very out of place and unnecessary in the first place... now the whole East has been militarized and people live in constant fear of the worse... the UGM have already made their mission and point clear about police/military brutality (we understand their grievances even though they went too far), now it's time to go back to the drawing board and make smarter decisions. If you want a war so badly, then plan smartly for it like civilized people with brains do, instead of putting other people's lives at risk for no reason.
You guys should stop this senseless lies. Apart from Imo State, where else is militarized? Oga, even your Zoo Soldiers are afraid to mount roadblocks now. They dare not try it again. Once they try it, UGM will resurface to clear their doubt. UGM clearly won this war and achieved all they wanted. They asked all security agents bearing arms to stay clear of our roads and the security agents have all complied albeit forcefully. Three thousand Policemen were sent to the East and Battalions of Soldiers, but they are even afraid to patrol the streets. If it was before, the number of checkpoints would have tripled and the masses would be at the receiving end. Forget all these things you see on paper, the East is now more peaceful than before. Know this and know peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today I Hereby Desist My Support And Association With IPOB / 2023: Emeka Ihedioha Likely To Become Atiku's Running Mate / No One Should Fall For The Deceit By the Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.