Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Southerners Are Politically Stupid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners Are Politically Stupid (598 Views)

Insecurity: Some Of The Kidnappings Incidents Are Politically Instigated - Wike / Ogunlewe: Those Abusing Tinubu For Consulting With IBB Are Politically Ignorant / You Are Politically Unstable: Secondus Blasts Shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southerners Are Politically Stupid by gforce5: 10:54am On Jun 03, 2021
Yes, we Southerners are politically naive and lack foresight. If Yorubas, Igbos, Niger Deltans and middle beltans come together, all this nonsense that Fulanis are doing will come to an end. The core North have been playing everyone for decades and we still haven't wisened up despite our vaunted education.

If you want to know what I am talking about, look no further than what has happened since Bubu was elected in 2015. Herdsmen and indigenous communities in the middle belt such as Benue, Plateau and Taraba have been killing each other. What did everybody else do about? Nothing. As far as the south was concerned, it's a Northern problem that should be settled amongst "brothers". Well, this "Northern problem" has slowly evolved to something else.

When the army sent troops to invade the Southeast in an operation called "python dance", no one cared about what happened to them. They saw Igbos as a nuisance that needs to be dealt with. Nnamdi Kanu and his disciples didn't help matters. If they had foresight, they would have sought alliances with other aggrieved ethnic groups. However, they alienated everyone with their utterances. They need to understand that you need the South South as an equal partner. They have the resources, ammunitions and ports. They need to patch up any differences they have with Yorubas as they have the manpower and resources to match the North.

When Fulanis invaded the Southwest and started killing the natives, others kept quiet. They saw it as a "family squabble" between Yorubas and Northerners. This is not the case.

Now the President has threatened genocide on a whole tribe and everybody else is mute. In a sane society, he would have been impeached. People would be out on the streets demanding for his resignation.

I am not saying that we all have to like one another (that's not going to happen) but the only solution to Nigeria's problem is when the whole South and middle belt come together and force these people to come to the negotiating table. Otherwise, talks of Biafria, Oduduwa or any other republic is a waste of time. Nobody can do it on their own.

P.S. I am not calling for any violent breakup. We need restructuring. Complete decentralization of the country. The only people benefitting from the current setup are the elites which cuts across tribes. The masses will suffer regardless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by Coldie(m): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2021
What is you peoples obsession with fulanis?
Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by KanwuliaExtra: 11:19am On Jun 03, 2021
Na TODAAAAAAAY ? ? ? ?
Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by mrvitalis(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2021
gforce5:
Yes, we Southerners are politically naive and lack foresight. If Yorubas, Igbos, Niger Deltans and middle beltans come together, all this nonsense that Fulanis are doing will come to an end. The core North have been playing everyone for decades and we still haven't wisened up despite our vaunted education.

If you want to know what I am talking about, look no further than what has happened since Bubu was elected in 2015. Herdsmen and indigenous communities in the middle belt such as Benue, Plateau and Taraba have been killing each other. What did everybody else do about? Nothing. As far as the south was concerned, it's a Northern problem that should be settled amongst "brothers". Well, this "Northern problem" has slowly evolved to something else.

When the army sent troops to invade the Southeast in an operation called "python dance", no one cared about what happened to them. They saw Igbos as a nuisance that needs to be dealt with. Nnamdi Kanu and his disciples didn't help matters. If they had foresight, they would have sought alliances with other aggrieved ethnic groups. However, they alienated everyone with their utterances. They need to understand that you need the South South as an equal partner. They have the resources, ammunitions and ports. They need to patch up any differences they have with Yorubas as they have the manpower and resources to match the North.

When Fulanis invaded the Southwest and started killing the natives, others kept quiet. They saw it as a "family squabble" between Yorubas and Northerners. This is not the case.

Now the President has threatened genocide on a whole tribe and everybody else is mute. In a sane society, he would have been impeached. People would be out on the streets demanding for his resignation.

I am not saying that we all have to like one another (that's not going to happen) but the only solution to Nigeria's problem is when the whole South and middle belt come together and force these people to come to the negotiating table. Otherwise, talks of Biafria, Oduduwa or any other republic is a waste of time. Nobody can do it on their own.

P.S. I am not calling for any violent breakup. We need restructuring. Complete decentralization of the country. The only people benefitting from the current setup are the elites which cuts across tribes. The masses will suffer regardless.
Ask your self a simple question ...how many southern and middle belt politicians can win election without police and inec backing ?

Who controls police and inec ? Fulanis u try too much they attack u with efcc

What kanu and IPOB are doing is the only way make so much noise it becomes uncomfortable for fulanis and they come to the negotiating table ...if the other 3 regions had someone like kanu fulanis would beg to restructure this country

1 Like

Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by emmapowerful: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
Can the South ever put up a united front?
Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
Coldie:

Their terrorist tendencies !

1 Like

Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by limeta(f): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Coldie:

Rohinga treatment
we want them gone
all of una
plus satan of sokoto
Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by Coldie(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
limeta:

Rohinga treatment
we want them gone
all of una
plus satan of sokoto
Wetin sultan of Sokoto do u?

All of a sudden?

Only una I know way go just wake up hate person for no reason
Re: Southerners Are Politically Stupid by limeta(f): 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
Coldie:

Wetin sultan of Sokoto do u?

All of a sudden?

Only una I know way go just wake up hate person for no reason

i dey sleep
i no fit talk

(1) (Reply)

How FG Will Tax Profits Made By Twitter, Others In Nigeria – VP Osinbajo / Who Said The Igbo Hate Tinubu? / The Turkish President And Arab World Helped To Bring Kanu Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.