Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria (13361 Views)

Delta Christian Youths Write CAN, Seek Blacklisting Of Omo-Agege / Southern And Northern Kaduna Agree To Split Kaduna State At Constitution Review / Our Members Can Seek Any National Assembly Office- PDP Replies APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Splitmind:
This is oppression of the Northern and Islamic culture. We believe parents should decide who gets married and not the carnal cravings of the flesh. Best to do it early instead of later.

God bless Nigeria
If culture abuses children, then it should be scrapped.
If your culture encourages the rape of children with the blessing of their families, eliminating such practices is not oppression to you. Can’t believe you feel oppressed for not being allowed to rape children

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
compton11:
Arindin

Why can't u talk about under 18 children fucking out of marriage

That’s wrong and the people who do it to them are also rapists? Your point?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

Underage for women in Islam is before they started to experience menstruation.

The word underged (<18) was invented by infidels Don't confused your self.
Some children get their periods at 10-11. So if they leave you , you will sleep with an 11 year old?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by ohosi4real(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
temitope27:
yes it is, cos people like you were produce by under age mother, that's y u no get sense
Funny you. Lol
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by compton11(m): 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
cococandy:

That’s wrong and the people who do it to them are also rapists? Your point?
nothing is my point though.

I don't support underage marriage and still don't support underage fucking
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by compton11(m): 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zionmdde:

Yeah I remember it's d only reason for marriage in ur religion. Afterall what else will mohammmeds find in a 6 year old girl.
for your information,prophet Muhammed(saw) never marry 6 years old girl,it is a lie.

Zionmdde:

No wonder ur people bundle underage girls to old men.
jews historians let us know the mother of your human god was 12 when he married Joseph.

Even they said u can marry 3 years old girl.

Zionmdde:

Backward bunch of human beings
dumb nigga

Tell us the age Bible said we should marry.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by compton11(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

Bring the said one above, if any.
what are u saying?
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
Northern People won't agree on this.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
cococandy:

Smoke children get their periods at 10-11. So if they leave you , you will sleep with an 11 year old?

Yes sir.

Your sister lost her viginity at that age by her uncle.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Hussein035: 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
[Christian Popes had also married under 18, prophet Muhammad told us he is human like us and he was sent just like Jesus, Moses, etc

This is so STRANGE why ?.
Written By a concern Brother!

I checked one page on Facebook our bothers where busy in argument with Christians about the age of our Mother Aisha (Rodiyallohu anhaa) and many of us can't defend our selves on this issue but let me make it clear.

-While the disbelievers were busy calling HIM(Prophet Muhammad solallahu alaihi wasalam) a pedophile, the ignorant muslims were busy faulting sahih bukhari so as to "cover-up" the issue.

-the aged were like: that's extremism.

Aisha radiAllahu anha said, I was given in marriage to the the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wassalam) when I was 6yrs old, and he consummated the marriage when I was 9
(Sohihu bukhari)

Rather than call it a da'eef(weak) hadith, to please your non-muslim friends who are insulting the Prophet, just be silent, or ask the scholars and read more about seerah(history) and perhaps Allah may grant you the hikmah(wisdom) behind it.

Have you ever asked yourself? Why is it that during the days of Prophet Muhammad (solallahu alaihi wasalam), the non Muslims called the prophet: Magician, madman, and the likes but NEVER called him a pedophile?

They never raised any question about his marriage to Aisha (Rodiyallohu anhaa), why? Bcoz it was NORMAL
at that time, girls at that age were suitable for marriage at that time, did u know:

-Saint augustine (350AD) married a 10 year old girl!
-King richard 11 (1400AD) he married a 7yr old girl.
-Henry Viii (1500AD) he married a 5yrs old girl.

Even in the BIBLE it says: ....But save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man (numbers 31. 17:28)

According to the catholic encyclopedia, Mary the mother of Jesus was 12 when she married the 99 years old joseph. Before 1929, church of england ministers could marry 12yrs old girls in britain.
Up till 1983, catholic canon laws permitted priests to marry off brides at the age of 12.
In the united states, back in 1880, in the state of delaware, the minimum age for marriage was 7yrs and in california it was 10.

So Aisha radiAllahu anha was NOT a child when she was married!

We live in a society where good is condemned at every slight opportunity but evil is encouraged even when its flaws are crystal clear.

How strange The Nigerian constitution says:
An 18yrs old can vote, An 18yrs old can go to jail, An 18yrs old can leave alone An 18yrs old can travel outside d country all alone.
And YET, an 18yrs old can't marry?
But our 12yrs old Girls are having boyfriends !
Did u know?.
When safiyyah bint huyay was married to the Prophet (solallahu alaihi wasalam), she was just 17yrs old? And that was her THIRD marriage She was initially married to salam ibn abi haqiq and later to kinanah ibn abi haqiq!.
Imagine how old she was during her first marriage?

Are u clarified now? those still doubtful, Go back to your village and ask your grandmother how old she was when she got married!.
*Islam is perfect*

May Almighty Allah Grant the brain behind this write up more beneficial knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Jesuschristus: 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2021
TheRealestGuy:

Do you also know that what you call sex for those girls is years of abuse by possibly, people like you? Many of those girls were abused at tender age and this disrupted their childhood and you're here blaming the victims?

You think an abused child knows what they are doing?

If you've ever had sex with such a tender girl may your children experience worse.

You need to seek psychological help earnestly.

And if I have never had sex with such a tender girl may u not know peace(I dont have business with ur children)
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Hussein035: 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
We need to ban under 18 boyfriend/girlfriend please, hope the previous info didn't humble you

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Wakanakarue: 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
ipobvsdss:

Marriage is personal decision of two people and their families. That isn't a problem in Nigeria. If people decide to marry at 16-17 that is their business

An underage girl cannot decide for herself so it's no longer personal and mostly, such marriage are contracted between the child's parent and the man.. Th child only does what she's asked to do
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Wakanakarue: 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2021
ipobvsdss:

Marriage is personal decision of two people and their families. That isn't a problem in Nigeria. If people decide to marry at 16-17 that is their business

An underage girl , such marriage are contracted between the child's parent and the man.. Th child only does what she's asked to do

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

Yes sir.

Your sister lost her viginity at that age by her uncle.
you shouldn’t exist. Pedophile

3 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by gentleibraheem(m): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
But Under 18 Premarital Sex is encouraged abi
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
gentleibraheem:
But Under 18 Premarital Sex is encouraged abi
no it’s not. Can y’all stop being smart by half?

3 Likes

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Hussein035: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Several people had Married under 18 including Saint Augustine in 350-385 AD, King Richard II 1400AD, Henry viii 1500AD, including my prohet Muhammad etc.

This does not mean that these people were bad or pedophile, it is because such married is legal in their custom.

We don't need to ban underage marriage alone but also underage boyfriend/girlfriend
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Zionmdde: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
compton11:
for your information,prophet Muhammed(saw) never marry 6 years old girl,it is a lie.

jews historians let us know the mother of your human god was 12 when he married Joseph.

Even they said u can marry 3 years old girl.

dumb nigga

Tell us the age Bible said we should marry.
Bla bla bla
Paedophiles always fighting to defend rubbish. I don't care about all d rubbish u listed up there. All am saying shipping off small girls in the name of marriage all because Muhamadman decided to fvck a 6yr old is slavery and it should be stopped. It is inhuman, allow young girls get to d age of making their choices.

Religion of Paedophiles

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by betkingdom: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
temitope27:
u dey craze ni? Abi what's ur problem with mine
Every abuse you've abuse people who had not abused you on this nairaland would manifest in you
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
I thought under 18 marriages were currently illegal?

Some churches e.g. RCCG even peg lowest age of marriage at 21yrs.

I don't know if they would wed below 21yrs sha.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Joe4Lee: 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Everfrank:
They should seek for a ban on under age sex and pregnancy instead.
do we have unmarried hausa female corper sha?
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by compton11(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zionmdde:

Bla bla bla
Paedophiles always fighting to defend rubbish.
Blu Blu Blu didirin.

I Aint paedophile!

Zionmdde:

I don't care about all d rubbish u listed up there.
dumb ass nigga u won't care nah cos it doesn't fit your narrative that mary a 12 years old girl married 90 years old Joseph.

And jews your masters said u can marry 3 years old girl.

Zionmdde:

All am saying shipping off small girls in the name of marriage all because Muhamadman decided to fvck a 6yr old is slavery and it should be stopped. It is inhuman, allow young girls get to d age of making their choices.
nigga prophet Muhammed(saw) never marry 6 old girl,it has been proved Historically.

Zionmdde:

Religion of Paedophiles
heheheehe look at this Nigga,christians are known for their pedophilie history.

Even Bible support it.

Numbers 31:17–18
17 Now therefore, ekill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. 18 But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by MisfitHPG: 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Jesuschristus:

Maybe ur mother isnt as lovely as u thought, wages of sin is DEATH
if ,that were the case,your entire lineage of adulterers,thieves,useless abortion machines and prostitutes,drunkards and drug addicts would be wiped out of earth
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Jesuschristus: 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
MisfitHPG:
if ,that were the case,your entire lineage of adulterers,thieves,useless abortion machines and prostitutes,drunkards and drug addicts would be wiped out of earth

Everyone will eventually die bros so no big deal,but the fact the wiping out started with ur mother, dont u think u are next??
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by seunowa(f): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
temitope27:
yes it is, cos people like you were produce by under age mother, that's y u no get sense
grin grin grin
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Zionmdde: 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
compton11:
Blu Blu Blu didirin.

I Aint paedophile!

dumb ass nigga u won't care nah cos it doesn't fit your narrative that mary a 12 years old girl married 90 years old Joseph.

And jews your masters said u can marry 3 years old girl.

nigga prophet Muhammed(saw) never marry 6 old girl,it has been proved Historically.

heheheehe look at this Nigga,christians are known for their pedophilie history.

Even Bible support it.

Numbers 31:17–18
17 Now therefore, ekill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. 18 But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him keep alive for yourselves.

U are not a Paedophile bla bla and u still have problem with me saying underage marriage should be banned. Do u have sense at all? Have u seen any Muslim dat is not a paedophile
As for those shit u wrote up there it's non of my business. Stop raping underage in the name of marriage
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Revere27:
A good proposal from CAN but would this Sharia people smileybe in support of this
is it not better for CAN to propose ban on child prostitution than early marriage as it's now an investment in some quotas of this nation?
Is it not better for CAN to preach against rampant child pervasive sex (below 15yrs) in some regions of this nation than making political proposal?
In some places in this country most of their girls are disvirgined willingly below the age 15yrs but hypocrisy wontallo them to see it but lingering on issues that have either gone to extinction or no longer happening.

1 Like

Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by MisfitHPG: 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
Jesuschristus:

Everyone will eventually die bros so no big deal,but the fact the wiping out started with ur mother, dont u think u are next??
you are a walking corpse so I think it started with you because you brain is already rotten
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by OfficialSam(m): 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
We all know it's a ploy by our northern leaders so they marry under age girls.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by hardeytarhyour(m): 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
This CAN wont stop displaying their lack of credibility, most girl lost their virginity at 12,13,14,15. Most girl mature(menses, grow breast and buttock, at this age, yet you said FG should declare 18 as sexual consent age. Hiiisssss.
Re: Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria by compton11(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zionmdde:

U are not a Paedophile bla bla and u still have problem with me saying underage marriage should be banned.
where did u see me supporting it?

Zionmdde:

Do u have sense at all?
it has left long time ago

Zionmdde:

Have u seen any Muslim dat is not a paedophile
have u seen a Christian that is not rapist?

Zionmdde:

As for those shit u wrote up there it's non of my business. Stop raping underage in the name of marriage
oh it ain't your business cos it doesn't sit well with u.

Your human god mama was married off at 12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jega Offers To Resign, Jonathan Rejects; Resignation Amounts To Treason – Agf / Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched / Economy: Buhari Not Seeking Emergency Powers- Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.