Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

How To Choose The Best Broiler Breed For Optimal Performance - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Choose The Best Broiler Breed For Optimal Performance (398 Views)

How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Better Performance / How To Select The Best Broiler Breed For Top Performance / Arbor Acre Plus (best Broiler Breed Suitable For Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose The Best Broiler Breed For Optimal Performance by Chidisam(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2021
Choosing the best broiler breed is a crucial step you have to take care in ensuring you have a successful production. This is because when the best broiler breed is selected correctly for the intended purpose, all other resources and time invested in the production will probably do well.

The reverse is the case when the wrong/bad broiler breed is selected- Your time and money will be wasted. I had a client that her supply was a mixture of different breeds, they all seem like broiler until after two weeks when she noticed their growth was not in uniform. The problem at times might be from the hatchery, or from our misconception about the broiler breed.

Let us correct this Misconception: Referring to Hatchery name as Breed name

What is the difference between a Hatchery name and a Breed name?

Hatchery names like Agrited, CHI, Amo, etc (are some hatcheries in Nigeria) are names or brand names of companies that market a particular broiler breeding stock ( Parent stock).

The name given to this broiler breeding stock by its creator is known as the Breed name. eg Cobb 500, Ross 308, Arbor acres, Hubbard, and Marshall are common broiler breed names in Nigeria.

What then is the Misconception?
The misconception here is that most broiler keepers have replaced the breed name with the brand or hatchery name. In Nigeria, you can hear people say I want Agrited, or Agrited is the best instead you say, I want Ross or Ross is the best. What if Agrited decides to market another broiler breed, will the new breed have the same feature as the old one? Your guess is good as mine. The same scenario can be observed between Arbor (a breed name) and CHI (a hatchery name).... Click the link below to continue reading

https://poultryfarmguide.com/blog/how-to-choose-the-best-broiler-breed-for-optimal-performance/

(1) (Reply)

Farming As A Business. / Secret To Success In Catfish Business / Pineapple Suppliers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.