Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why (726 Views)

The Court Might Rule Buhari Ineligible To Be President Of Nigeria- Reasons / Why Buhari Might Win Again, A Must Read / Why Buhari Might Jail Tinubu If He Wins - Odilim Enwegbara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6Months After 2023 (See Why)
Only fewer Nigerians know about this, majority doesn’t.
The Nigeria Constitution by virtue of
Section 135(3) empowers the National Assembly to extend the tenure of a sitting President if INEC is unable to conduct elections when a part of the country is at war.

Section 135(3), it reads as fellows,

“If the Federation is at war in which the territory of Nigeria is physically involved and the President considers that it is not practicable to hold elections, the National Assembly may by resolution extend the period of four years mentioned in subsection (2) of this section from time to time; but no such extension shall exceed a period of six months at any one time”.

Currently in the southern part of Nigeria, some yet to be identified gunmen popularly known as the “Unknown Gun Men” are terrorizing, killing and setting government properties ablaze.

Several police men have been killed by the so called Unknown Gun Men. Police stations and INEC offices, burnt to ashes. Civilians killed by the military on daily basis.

If this continues till 2023, I’m afraid,

President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6Months
If eventually, it happens,

How Would You Feel?

Let’s hear from you all.

Drop your Comments
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Waterangel: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Fahdiga1: 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
He must leave by fire by force when his inglorious tenure comes to an end
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Built2last: 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
If I hear
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Fahdiga1:
He must leave by fire by force when his inglorious tenure comes to an end

Whether he rules or not, he makes no difference my brother
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Miminana(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
I just come back from ban. If I talk now mod fit ban me again...
I no even sabi wetin I dey do for this politics section now
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Whoube99(f): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
EkiranAlexmedia:
DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6Months After 2023 (See Why)
Only fewer Nigerians know about this, majority doesn’t.
The Nigeria Constitution by virtue of
Section 135(3) empowers the National Assembly to extend the tenure of a sitting President if INEC is unable to conduct elections when a part of the country is at war.

Section 135(3), it reads as fellows,

“If the Federation is at war in which the territory of Nigeria is physically involved and the President considers that it is not practicable to hold elections, the National Assembly may by resolution extend the period of four years mentioned in subsection (2) of this section from time to time; but no such extension shall exceed a period of six months at any one time”.

Currently in the southern part of Nigeria, some yet to be identified gunmen popularly known as the “Unknown Gun Men” are terrorizing, killing and setting government properties ablaze.

Several police men have been killed by the so called Unknown Gun Men. Police stations and INEC offices, burnt to ashes. Civilians killed by the military on daily basis.

If this continues till 2023, I’m afraid,

President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6Months
If eventually, it happens,

How Would You Feel?

Let’s hear from you all.

Drop your Comments

The section of the constitution you quoted is talking about external war "stricto senso" and not internal arms conflicts with her citizens.
I hope you understand
Re: DID YOU KNOW? President Buhari Might Rule Additional 6months After 2023 (see Why by Fahdiga1: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

Whether he rules or not, he makes no difference my brother
Even a stone will do better than him

(1) (Reply)

See The Question A Lecturer Set For ND1 Students In Nekede, Owerri / What If Fulani's Poison The Meat Being Sold To Southerners? / Taliban Now Part Of The Judeo-masonic-sunni Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.