Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

World's First (Partial) Face Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World's First (Partial) Face Transplant (1515 Views)

Man With A Face Transplant / Horror Face Man Gets Complete Face Transplant Operation 'most Extensive Ever' / Amazing Pics! The First Photos Of The Man Who Got A Face Transplant Have Been (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World's First (Partial) Face Transplant by layi(m): 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2006
Isabelle Dinoire a french woman had her face mauled by a dog in May 2005. She became faceless from her nosebridge down.
The world first successful partial face transplant was performed on her (according to news sources). Although i see it has far from beign succesful because the face is still disfigured but at least she has a face now.
She recently hit the spotlight after a press conference 2 days ago.
The funny thing (which is trademark of western culture) is that she has now monetized the entire saga. She had entered a deal with British documentary maker Michael Hughes to sell off her pictures for 100,000pounds.

Read more here.
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz_log/?fr=fp-buzz-img
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Dinoire
Re: World's First (Partial) Face Transplant by icingbaby(f): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2006
wow that nice she have a face and money in her bank, good story. but i have to say her face look some how.
layi:

deal with British documentary maker Michael Hughes to sell off her pictures for 100,000pounds
Re: World's First (Partial) Face Transplant by Yewande3(f): 12:30am On Feb 28, 2006
I dont know how she looked before, only the locals and her doctors know that, there are no pictures (I didnt look at yours though now wish I had)
Anyway, tis true we have a culture which sells stories such as this and it may of course be frowned upon over there but if you think that these big flashy newspapers dont make money out of circulation and sales out of the stories that we supply then you would be wrong

Look at"Hello" and OK arguing over who was going to publish pics of Michael Douglas/ Catherine Zeta Jones wedding they made Millions out of it so why shouldnt they earn big bucks as its their faces selling the mags.
Diana Princess of Wales would have made millions if she charged for her picture but she didnt, they were gutted when she died they lost a fortune! ( lets not even go there that it was their fault, thats another conversation))

Ms Dinoire had tried to commit suicide and was found by her dog who tried to wake her up but couldnt , in the process he tore her face apart, well thats what we hear anyway, could be she blew her face off with a shotgun but missed her brain, (we shall probably never know) bad publicity for the dog eh?

Anyway if she was that fed up with life why not be a guinea pig for a face transplant? They say she has an infection in her mouth cos she still keeps smoking, my personal view is that it was a waste of money!!!

This person deserves to have a go, her life must be a living hell not only for her but for those who love her and worry about her future, lets hope she can go next.
This girl wants to live, she isnt planning suicide and she doesnt smoke, far better to spend money on in my opinion
http://www.duihope.org/drunk_driving_newspaper_articles_1.html

(1) (Reply)

Malaria Reoccurence / All You Need To Know About Herbs / Diabetics: Discover The No.1 Sugar Destroyer In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.