Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? (30515 Views)

APC Suporters In Nasarawa Hold For Tinubu And Sule (Pictures) / What Happened To, FG’s Hand-Picked Replacement For Twitter? - FIJ / Popular Anti-yoruba, PDP/IPOB Apologists Twitter Influencers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
BennyDGreat:

How did Twitter mess up?

Mess with a sitting president?

They deleted a tweet that doesn't align with their rule.
I saw that tweet and it was a terrible tweet
why isn't this deleted?

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by AngryNigerian(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
lovewizzy09:
Use a VPN problem solved. There are many free VPNs in the appstore and playstore and they will work just fine. Twitter isn't restricting IP addresses, so even blacklisted IPs will work 100%. The ban is usless because of VPN just as the ban on cryptocurrency is usless because of peer to peer. Nigerian government are not smart at all.

Please can you teach us better? So we can get ready for their sh*t
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Casper21: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

Trump was After he lost his election!

Nope. They censored his tweet too when he was still on seat
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by AngryNigerian(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
why isn't this deleted?

Because noone reported about it!!! Buhari's tweet got so much backlash...hence Twitter's reaction
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
erico2k2:

the reason is simple, apart from personal vendetta,, Twitter and Facebook pose no national threat and there was no law to back him shutting them down, but the law supports twitter and face book
The Nigeria constitution Is clear that it's terms and conditions states that It is against people,person's and medium through which acts against the state will not be accepted.
Twitter actions was considered a national threat

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by nwimo22(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
SAPA
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

The Nigeria constitution Is clear that it's terms and conditions states that It is against people,person's and medium through which acts against the state will not be accepted.
Twitter actions was considered a national threat
Are U 4 real? do not 4get Twitter did not post anything or say anything, so what was the threat? pls enlighten me!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
AngryNigerian:

Because noone reported about it!!! Buhari's tweet got so much backlash...hence Twitter's reaction
then twitter is bias!.. How are you sure nobody reported it.. Bmc are many online, I am sure one of them would have

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
Casper21:
I

Nope. They censored his tweet too when he was still on seat
No it was when he was in election they were scared stiff!
If trump had won that election.
We would be talking a different song right now

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2021
erico2k2:

Are U 4 real? do not 4get Twitter did not post anything or say anything, so what was the threat? pls enlighten me!
Ipob was and is a threat to a national security and twitter took sides with ipob!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
why isn't this deleted?
Simple, it was not reported. Buhari's tweet was deleted because it was reported by thousands of people.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

Ipob was and is a threat to a national security and twitter took sides with ipob!
I am not Ipob and I am not Igbo, last time I checked we were talking about twitter, so why divert your talk to ipob.
Stick to the topic Ipob is a threat to Nigeria agreed and the be prescribed as such, So hows twitter a threat to Bigera?
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2021
Harbeeorlar:

Simple, it was not reported. Buhari's tweet was deleted because it was reported by thousands of people.
That is the beginning and the end of the matter

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
erico2k2:

I am not Ipob and I am not Igbo, last time I checked we were talking about twitter, so why divert your talk to ipob.
Stick to the topic Ipob is a threat to Nigeria agreed and the be prescribed as such, So hows twitter a threat to Bigera?
Because that is the root cause of the problem between Nigerian and twitter!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
then twitter is bias!.. How are you sure nobody reported it.. Bmc are many online, I am sure one of them would have
Report have to reach a certain figure before it would be considered. How many are the BMC against thousands of active Nigerians?
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
Casper21:

Seems u don't get how VPN works
VPNs hide your internet activity and mask your IP address, which bypasses the current location you are in. With VPN on, a new IP address and location is been activated in your phone and your network provider doesn't know. The only way VPN won't work is if the site doesn't accept VPN and tik tok accepts vpn
You are masking it from the website you are visiting (when you are prohibited from visiting it in your country), you are not masking it to your network provider.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by kinzation(m): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hello
Tired of searching and thinking of ways to make a side hustle from your regular work or
Are you a student or graduate looking for ways to make income for yourself without full dependency on anyone ?

Great news !!!

Look no further as I will show you gradual steps in Sports affiliate marketing

I’ll show your step by step videos on how to create an account successfully in sport affiliate marketing with some giants sport betting industry.

No betting involved
You don’t need to know anything about betting. All you need do is promote their website and you’ll be paid monthly.

WHATSAPP ME 0-8-1-3-9-7-8-9-5-6-9

M
wwwihy:
What Does Future Holds for Twitter Influencers in Nigeria, if Twitter ban is upheld by Federal Government?

Some Influencers can use VPN, but not majority of their followers have that luxury.

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

Because that is the root cause of the problem between Nigerian and twitter!
I pass!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
erico2k2:

Do You know what VPN means?
No.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
Harbeeorlar:
Report have to reach a certain figure before it would be considered. How many are the BMC against thousands of active Nigerians?
BMC no reach for twitter o!
It is here on nairaland that they spread yansh

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
CamusMidas:

You are masking it from the website you are visiting (when you are prohibited from visiting it in your country), you are not masking it to your network provider.
yo are masking it from your network provider hence private network,a website is not part of a network, only ISPs are classed as networks, ie Glo and MTN.
you guys need to know the difference between A network ISP,A website and an APP.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
CamusMidas:

No.
ok I recon U google it b4 you comment further
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
erico2k2:

You are a learner, no one sensors the internet more than china,all social network is blocked including WhatsApp in CHina still, they are using all social network!
Did I mention China anywhere? I gave you a case study with India that COMPLETELY ban Tiktok, instead of you to do some research and understand how that was even possible, you are busy mentioning China.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
erico2k2:

ok I recon U google it b4 you comment further
You can't recognise a simple sarcastic comment and you want me to continue this conversation with you.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tobsam237:
On this, we can all agree Twitter fvked up... You don't have to like or hate Buhari to know they fvked up BIG TIME... You don't mess with a sitting president.... with 2 years to election... and except no consequences...

They just lost over 3million active subscribers... It will affect their stocks... it will affect their ads market in Africa...
It will affect Nigeria more in the long run where will they make their announcements. Where will they get world leading information from? How will businesses keep their clients informed? How will your banks inform you of service blackouts and respond to your needs …

Lmao Twitter’s office is not even in Nigeria lol and Thank God because by now dem for close am.

The only people it will affect are the people who don’t anticipate and make moves ahead of them I’m talking 3 years ahead

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Holaomoakin(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Twitter is selective, I think that the suspension should remain, let's see twitter's next destination in Africa!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
CamusMidas:
Did I mention China anywhere? I gave you a case study with India that COMPLETELY ban Tiktok, instead of you to do some research and understand how that was even possible, you are busy mentioning China.

who told you people in I India don't access tiktok? there are millions of views from India wen it comes to tictok

Image result for numbers of tiktok users in india 2021
20 million
TikTok has done particularly well with growing its Asian followers. The app is downloaded more than 10 million times by the people in Thailand alone. And in India, there are now more than 20 million active users of the app.16 Feb 2021
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
solasoulmusic:
It will affect Nigeria more in the long run where will they make their announcements. Where will they get world leading information from? How will businesses keep their clients informed? How will your banks inform you of service blackouts and respond to your needs …

Lmao Twitter’s office is not even in Nigeria lol and Thank God because by now dem for close am.

The only people it will affect are the people who don’t anticipate and make moves ahead of them I’m talking 3 years ahead

And all the twitter handlers just lost their JOBS
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by blasterman(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
business will collapse because of twitter... Hahahaha.. You people sef

u dont know how many ppl advertise their services on twitter.

you analogue ppl sef

How about interaction with the world

No country is an island

especially an undeveloped country like nigeria run by dullards and ethnic jingoists
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by erico2k2(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
CamusMidas:

You can't recognise a simple sarcastic comment and you want me to continue this conversation with you.
That was my own way of dismissing me from that conversation!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by rimijoshua(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
I tire ooooo

1 Like

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by baralatie(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
solasoulmusic:

grin
We will use the ever reliable radio Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FCC: Reps Kick Against Buhari’s Appointment Of 2 Northerners As Chairman, Secret / Ikpeazu Visits Ayo Fayose In Ekiti (photos) / Buhari Meets Yahaya Bello In Aso Rock, Hours To APC Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.