Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter (1781 Views)

Emily Eric, Senator Elisha Abbo Wife: I Stand With You Babana / IPOB: Britain Briefs Nigeria On Nnamdi Kanu’s Travelling Documents / Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by baralatie(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
Luigi02:

Let's just hope you're educated.
Nigerians have the freedom of speech and the freedom to use social media's. Buhary dragging the entire citizens into his silly beef with Twitter is ridiculous. Twitter never broke any Nigerian rule. It was the dumb old man that instead broke the rule of Twitter just bcus he's president. Twitter never stated in their terms that celebrities, presidents, governors would be immune to banning. If you do anyhow you go see anyhow. Bubu is going to court to answer why he banned twitter and depriving the citizens of their rights. It's not even a week yet and he's already getting roasted from all corners. He should be ashamed of himself right now, old man grin
There is no freedom of free speech in nigerians constitution!
Like I said Nigeria has its own terms and conditions!
Twitter took actions against a sitting president based on its own rules!
Nigeria took actions against Twitter based on its own rules!

2 Likes

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by MosheDayan: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
[s]
omonnakoda:
1. I do not support the deleting of Buhari's remarks

The remarks may have been insensitive and offensive but I do not think they crossed the line

2. Nnamdi Kanu has used the platform to support killings in Nigeria without consequence

3. Twitter does not appear to be neutral in this quarrel

4. There is a wider issue here and that is the power , money and influence that Twitter has. It only has such power to the extent that sovereign nations allow

5. I believe the Chinese government will not tolerate half of what Nigeria has tolerated
6. Yes we want freedom of speech and all that but it should not be outsourced. This is a wake up call. Let us have a homegrown African Twitter that is subject to African regulation
[/s]
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Luigi02(m): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

There is no freedom of free speech in nigerians constitution!
Like I said Nigeria has its own terms and conditions!
Twitter took actions against a sitting president based on its own rules!
Nigeria took actions against Twitter based on its own rules!
He says there's no freedom of speech in the zoo, it says it all grin you're an illiterate and I'm not even surprised grin
It is bodlg written in the terms and condition that Twitter will take down the account of anyone who breaches their rules.
You keep talking about Nigerias terms and conditions grin where is it written in the constitution that whatever platform takes down the post or account of our president should be banned? Don't be deluded and wake up to reality. We are not in the 90s. There's no such rule that permits The FG to do whatever they want. Well let's sit and watch how this plays out. grin
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by baralatie(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
Luigi02:

He says there's no freedom of speech in the zoo, it says it all grin you're an illiterate and I'm not even surprised grin
It is bodlg written in the terms and condition that Twitter will take down the account of anyone who breaches their rules.
You keep talking about Nigerias terms and conditions grin where is it written in the constitution that whatever platform takes down the post or account of our president should be banned? Don't be deluded and wake up to reality. We are not in the 90s. There's no such rule that permits The FG to do whatever they want. Well let's sit and watch how this plays out. grin
You should ask the commander in chief of the armed forces!

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by omonnakoda: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
Where is it written in Twitter's terms and conditions that whoever says we will talk to them in the language they understand will be deleted

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Luigi02(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

You should ask the commander in chief of the armed forces!
What commander in chief of armed forces?
Do you realize we're not in the military rule?

How old are you if I may ask?
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by joyandfaith: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
omonnakoda:

The remarks may have been insensitive and offensive but I do not think they crossed the line

2. Nnamdi Kanu has used the platform to support killings in Nigeria without consequence

4. There is a wider issue here and that is the power , money and influence that Twitter has. It only has such power to the extent that sovereign nations allow

5. I believe the Chinese government will not tolerate half of what Nigeria has tolerated
6. Yes we want freedom of speech and all that but it should not be outsourced. This is a wake up call. Let us have a homegrown African Twitter that is subject to African regulation

Don't worry FG will soon prevent Nigeria from having access to internet. Rubbish
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by baralatie(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Luigi02:

What commander in chief of armed forces?
Do you realize we're not in the military rule?

How old are you if I may ask?
Buhari title is recognized by constitution as
The president of the federal republic and commander in chief of armed forces!

No be so?

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by IamPlato(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
monimekaz:

Stop advertising your stupidity
If only you will be humble enough to remove foolishness from your eyes you will he has a point

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by baralatie(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

Don't worry FG will soon prevent Nigeria from having access to internet. Rubbish
Meaning security situation has baje kpatakpata

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Luigi02(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

Buhari title is recognized by constitution as
The president of the federal republic and commander in chief of armed forces!

No be so?

Okay, what about it?
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by baralatie(m): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Luigi02:

Okay, what about it?
Oh it comes with terms and conditions nah

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by omonnakoda: 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
I do not face where everyone is facing because I want to fit in

Is it the case YES OR NO

that a Twitter executive made donations to the ENDSARS RIOTS?

If this is true then Twitter shot itself in the foot as it loses the moral high ground of neutrality

The Nigerian government has complained about the activities of Nnamdi Kanu

Twitter needs to clarify where it stands on Biafra.

That is not a trivial issue

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Luigi02(m): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
baralatie:

Oh it comes with terms and conditions nah

Tell me ur age Pls
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by baralatie(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Luigi02:

Tell me ur age Pls
Biah!!
Are you looking for your age abi e loss because if you come to 15a Awolowo road,ikoyi.there is lost and found of something/somebody o

This one you are finding age because of twitter issue

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Collins4u1(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
Stand when you're tired you sit.
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by monimekaz(m): 1:19am On Jun 05, 2021
IamPlato:
If only you will be humble enough to remove foolishness from your eyes you will he has a point

My friend keep quiet ...How far ..Hope you have decided against commiting suicide now
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:22am On Jun 05, 2021
Yet to meet a BMC with an independent thought!
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Rissamenti: 1:40am On Jun 05, 2021
.LESSON FOR TWITTER: DO NOT MESS WITH THE GIANT OF AFRICA

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by michaelbiz: 5:22am On Jun 06, 2021
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

[s]Another Yoruba boy dying for his Fulani masters[/s]

He is not a Yoruba man at all.
I've been following him for a year now.
The idiot is an Igbo man masquerading in Nairaland as Yoruba. Go and see all his likes and shares. He supports IPOB and is from the South East, always commenting in the opposite as if he is Anti-Igbo but he is just a sponsored thug looking for cheap fun by slamming two heads together.

Nwanna, don't be deceived at all. ọ bu nwoke igbo zuru oke.
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by omonnakoda: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2021
There is an elephant in the room.

Nnamdi Kanu ia WANTED in Nigeria for alleged terrrorism. He skipped bail and is being hosted by Britain
He is using Twitter to promote secessionist activity and glorify killings and disruption in Nigeria

I believe these are indisputable facts.

No matter how much one hates Buhari those facts remain unchallenged.

The government of Nigeria is well within its rights to sanction any onshore business and where the business removes itself from Nigeria's jurisdiction or sanctioning space then banning it is appropriate

One does not have to like or support Buhari to see this .

Even if I was a supporter of Kanu I would advise him to reduce his dependence on Twitter etc
No government can accept that

1 Like

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by SlayerForever: 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
GuyWise101:

Another Yoruba boy dying for his Fulani masters

Guy ehn. Yoruba people dey cursed o.
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by DMerciful(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2021
What about the thousands of Nigerians who'll go jobless now because they can't earn on twitter anymore?

Agreed social media should be regulated but not banned. The President's right is not more than other people fundamental rights.

Worst he should have done is to go off twitter himself. Saying you took a policy that affects millions because of NK is ridiculous! If what NK is doing is breaking a law, why not involve the UK govt where he is currently residing?
omonnakoda:

Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Cammo: 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
Foolish people. If you so much hate Twitter why not deactivate just your own account instead of forcing everybody to leave with you?
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by omonnakoda: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
DMerciful:
What about the thousands of Nigerians who'll go jobless now because they can't earn on twitter anymore?

Agreed social media should be regulated but not banned. The President's right is not more than other people fundamental rights.

Worst he should have done is to go off twitter himself. Saying you took a policy that affects millions because of NK is ridiculous! If what NK is doing is breaking a law, why not involve the UK govt where he is currently residing?
First seek to understand before seeking to be understood

Listen before talking
Comprehend before reacting

Thousands of Nigerians make money selling weed, cocaine cocaine, guns, bullets and even human beings. That is irrelevant

Don't we have courts in Nigeria anymore?

Any one with a grievance should go to court

Your understanding of the issues is shallow and superficial

Twitter will not go to court in Nigeria because it wants to remain outside of our law and control

That is a trade issue

The issue of what powers governmant has or should have can be resolved democratically through the courts and other political processes

I would have a different position if Twitter was a registered Nigerian company
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by AceRoot(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2021
GuyWise101:

Another Yoruba boy dying for his Fulani masters

It is all in a day"s job for him. grin
Re: I Stand With Nigeria On Twitter by Tonitelli: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2021
Mr I stand with buhari(cos it cannot be Nigeria u are standing with..)...u need to go understand how Twitter works...you think Twitter sits down and monitors every tweet on their platform??dat your buharis tweet was deleted was because there were complaints about it.well meaning Nigerians actually went and called Twitter's attention to it,hence the deletion because it violated their terms and conditions which he signed to..
Not all Nigerians support Nnamdi Kanu..but not all take him seriously to go reporting his tweets..at least if you buhari people took ur job that serious instead of sitting down on nairaland competing for extra on ur 30k bmc money you would have reported Nnamdi kanus tweets just as it was belatedly done after all these noise..
Instead you are here supporting a silly senseless president (or presidency..we no kuku know who be who again..)who involves millions of Nigerians into a spat he has with Twitter...as if he asked our permission before signing on in the first place..
Stop making this about nigeria's sovereignty...when Trump was banned ( banned o!!not deleted tweet o!)he was still President of the United States where Jack is..Why didn't he shut down Twitter??
And please stop this China narrative...we are not China..China is not a democracy...in China they kill politicians that have involved themselves in corruption..and even with all that they have built themselves to the point where they provided alternatives to their people when they shut down Twitter..
If we were like China by now most of the ministers ur buhari has foisted upon us would be slated for the firing squad...
What nonsense!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Have The Niger Delta Militants Done For The Niger Delta People? / Thiefnub Wet Himself Again In Oyo Yesterday (Photos) / PHOTOS: Distraught Parent Of Slain Deborah Samuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.