Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN (46145 Views)

Aminu Adamu Mocked The Death Of Deborah Samuel Before Aisha Buhari Tweet / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by IamgratefulLord(f): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2021
I can't access Twitter on my phone. The ban is real. God save Nigeria tongue
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Web2020: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2021
michoim:
And so what, CNN? India is also considering to ban twitter, Facebook etc
How old are you? You are either to young (less 12) or you are too old (more than 70). Please, you are not part of this generation. Your time has either past or it has not reach. Kindly stay clear from important trend like this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by flokii: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2021
Angelfrost:

Well done... Thank you.

So, can you please show us Tweets from the same Buhari threatening civil war on the region who has killed more soldiers, civilians, and caused more destruction than we have witnessed since the actual civil war?!!... Or are we saying Ipob has suddenly become a bigger threat to Nigeria than one of the most dangerous terrorist groups in the universe?!!

Or are we gonna pretend that this nation's alarming state of insecurity is far more than Ipob agitations, and actually predates them?!!

It's okay for you to hate Ipob (I dislike them too) and even go as far as being prejudiced against Igbos... But it ought to be beneath any learned Nigerian to live in pretence.

Let's learn to call a spade what it truly is... Was the infamous Endsars saga of last year also sponsored by Ipob and Igbos?!! Did they even initiate it?!!

You complain about insecurity but your people still harbour and nurse a growing security threat like IPOB and ESN in South East..

Or don't you know terrorism whether Bokoharam or IPOB is the same? as far as the ideology is to attack, maim and kill others.

Look Mr. man I know it's hard for you folks to correct yourselves but we won't sit down, fold our arms and allow the fvckery of Nnamdi Kanu to continue. I have my reservations about the current govt. but I won't support another insurgency near my domain.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by tintedtaf(f): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2021
Jiroville300:

No everyone is as thick headed as you .. speak for yourself .. it would become more popular ... you rarely go on twitter because u do not understand how it works .. what you do not understand is certainly bigger than u

They can take Twitter out of Nigeria but they cannot take Nigerians out of twitter ����

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Livingstone124: 8:20am On Jun 05, 2021
I hope those of you who voted this DISASTER are enjoying this madness. The 5% foresaw it, some call it hatred. Now this One chance President has more three years of madness in stock. As for other 95% they can say 'we are blind but now we can see '
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Tbasicme: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
.LESSON FOR TWITTER: DO NOT MESS WITH THE GIANT OF AFRICA

� Haha mess ke
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Being a democracy does not make us a mumu country that Twitter can insult anyhow, sorry.
Shut up you product of N Power. If this was done by Goodluck Jonathan, you'd be the first to condemn it. Nonsense hypocrite claiming to be a patriot.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Web2020: 8:25am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is a fool. Any body that can get you angry, can actually control you. Nnamdi Kanu is actually controlling this government into misbehaving. Nnamdi is really changing the game for Buhari. Strategy, push them into misbehaving and draw sympathy from the world. The cow brain would not learn
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by SmartPolician: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2021
gift2xl:
Mallam will remain a mallam, if you like spell from the front or from the back na mallam u go get.

One of the most creative comments I have seen on Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Snoolv360(m): 8:27am On Jun 05, 2021
Bihari should rather deactivate his account, this will pain Twitter more than the ban. The ban doesn't have any impact on intelligent Nigeran youths, before they banned Twitter I already switched to VPN.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by eburuu: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2021
umunaija:
Buhari keep shooting himself in the foot. Is better to ignore somethings but always proving stubborn will only hurt you. Now the world will hear about ipob, like CNN said, 1 - 3 million Igbos were killed. Many people that don't know about it before will know it now. Many people will be sympathetic to Ipob because of this. One funny thing about life is that when you think you are doing people, you are actually doing yourself. Buhari is always promoting nnamdi kanu and Biafra. What an irony.
wich ipob be 3 million una they talk say dem kill plus amadiuha una no reach 2.5m
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by hayzed1090: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2021
BigYash:
Before you start saying rubbish over what I commented. Note that I'm not Igbo . I am a Nigerian and if your pay masters can not lead the nation, let them hand over to capable hands. Before you go out this morning from your house. Put your two hands on your head,and pray for common sense.. Cux its only a senseless person, that won't see wrong in what is going on in the country right now. And its only a senseless person that will carry PDP or APC on his head. Have a nice day!

Very very senseless
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Spainze007(m): 8:29am On Jun 05, 2021
at least na product of something... lol

odduduwa:
anything that justifies your payment is justified, npower products
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by West2019(m): 8:29am On Jun 05, 2021
Lifeless president will soon ban all the local channels television in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by youngpresidooo: 8:31am On Jun 05, 2021
b3llo:
CNN will soon be banned. If you won't support this regime get ready to be banned. Let he who has ear hear.
lolz and what will they lose. Twitter stock in market rose by 6.8$ this morning.
So the ban still has little or no effect.
We are the most affected ones. Do you know how many people who live from twitter,facebook and the rest?
Because one entity breach the law of an app they are suffering a set back from it.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by youngpresidooo: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
.LESSON FOR TWITTER: DO NOT MESS WITH THE GIANT OF AFRICA

lolzzzz clown
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by youngpresidooo: 8:32am On Jun 05, 2021
Officialgarri:
All those people that abandoned Nairaland and fled to twitter will come back and meet us here. grin grin

Anything that will bring sanity to this country is welcome.
still enjoying my twitter I still saw no difference
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2021
CNN goofed big time on this. It should be Nigeria bans Twitter because Company bans President Buhari's tweet. Not after angry
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Angelfrost(m): 8:37am On Jun 05, 2021
flokii:

You complain about insecurity but your people still harbour and nurse a growing security threat like IPOB and ESN in South East..

Or don't you know terrorism whether Bokoharam or IPOB is the same? as far as the ideology is to attack, maim and kill others.

Look Mr. man I know it's hard for you folks to correct yourselves but we won't sit down, fold our arms and allow the fvckery of Nnamdi Kanu to continue. I have my reservations about the current govt. but I won't support another insurgency near my domain.

I am not even from the Southeast... So, I wonder what you are being this emotional about. I clearly stated my dislike for those petulant, chest beating cowards being led by a fraud based abroad.

I asked you a simple question which you chose to sidestep... Why deviating from the discourse?!!
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by BigBashiru: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2021
zeuss:

This is how we got here in the first place..... restraint is a must without it is tuggish recklessness resulting in negative imaging and quicksand effect at attempts to control damage.....
Due process is sacrosanct in a democracy....... executive should not bee seen to operate with fiat.....we are not in a junta regime

Junta regime is better for Africa. The west controls democracies in African countries by installing their puppets.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by zeuss: 8:42am On Jun 05, 2021
BigBashiru:

Junta regime is better for Africa. The west controls democracies in African countries by installing their puppets.

Wrong..... The worst democracy is better than the best dictatorship......the former bestows the semblance of a voice and sure hope of change on the electorate. Nigeria is bedeviled with compound issues sowed by coupist.
All said aside, this government was elected under democratic arrangement, thus must present as expected.
The possibility of transformation into a dictatorship does not exist for buhari s govt.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by plaindealer: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2021
BigYash:
When Python dance were killing their youths,where you dey then? They are not asking for too much. Person say he no wan join you stay hux. Let him go.. Abi are they the cause of bandits and iswap in the north also? Why una dey leave major problems, dey talk rubbish self?

So, you are killing your own people, burning down your own houses and businesses, destroying your own public institution because of python dance..?

So, you just kill your own people in the SE and burn down your own houses and businesses every time bandits commit atrocities in the North?

As they say, ipob mentality is always upside-down mentality..

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by InvertedHammer: 8:43am On Jun 05, 2021
/
Buhari, Lai Mohammed and Garba Shehu have been the best PR officers for Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB. grin grin grin Free services

/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 05, 2021
Just like Buhari make Nnamdi Kanu Popular, he is about to make Biafra more popular. Na win win for Umuchineke
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by BigBashiru: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2021
SaintLucia:
The same CNN that was not on ground at Lekki lied that 22 died in Lekki Toll Gate, from 22 death to 1 unconfirmed death by the same CNN. And meanwhile BBC that had a reporter on ground said no one was kill. Nigeria Is not Libya. CNN and other America agents of destruction will soon be ban from Nigeria space. Our national security must come first and not the interest of the imperialism. Anybody that is not happy can relocate to Ghana, Twitter is free there just stand near their office and you will browse for free. Many countries banned Twitter and heaven did not fall.

Thank you my brother for spotting the truth. France is destabizing French African countries. That last coup in mali was done to overthrow a government that does France bidding.

BBC is British state media that specializes in subtly denigrating Africans And promoting white supremacy waging psychological warfare on your minds.

I agree cnn BBC and other western agents of destruction should be banned for good!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by RexTramadol1: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2021
justtoodark:

you people have been shoutin it in our ears for years now....

I don’t know how they chest-beat and appeal to pity at the same time

Good news is, some of our brothers from the East are wise and have dissociated themselves from things that may undermine the peace and stability of their region.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by mrvitalis(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2021
EmekaA125:

Active but not connecting fast like before.

Lai Mohammed is playing a dangerous game.
Download VPN
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Keating: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2021
Twitter insulted nobody. Nigeria just have a very useless government and some extremely foolish people supporting the government.

Rissamenti:

Being a democracy does not make us a mumu country that Twitter can insult anyhow, sorry.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Jackson105: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2021
donestk:
Its okay.

SW dudes thought that after 2015 elections, mbati mbati names will be listed for appointments but nah. Twas Sule and Garba.

Lesson: when you sell your brother, even your buyer will not trust you.

Must you blame Yoruba for your failures? They don't owe you anything! Get a life and stop weeping.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Victorking11: 9:07am On Jun 05, 2021
Nigeria when

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters / "The Last Thing Nnamdi Kanu Told Me" – Ejiofor, IPOB Lawyer / Topless Women Support Benue Anti-Grazing Law, Received By Governor Ortom & Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.