Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death (10633 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Bintus2much(m): 12:51am On May 03, 2011
Panic in Kano over Osama

The ancient city of Kano was once again plunged into confusion yesterday, following reports of the death of Osama Bin Laden, the world’s most wanted man and the alleged mastermind of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade centre (WTC) in New York.
As the news hit into the city, non-indigenes living in violence-prone areas fled their homes to take refuge in military and police barracks.
There was pani in Kawo, Tishama and Badawa as well as other suburbs, as residents ran helter, skelter for their dear lives.
As apprehension reverberated through the length and breadth of the city, non-natives, besides those who fled to barracks, were seen dashing towards safe areas, particularly Sabon Gari, largely inhabited by non-indigenes.
It was learnt that children and their mothers were the first to flee their homes, in what has been described a desperate move to avoid a repeat of the post election violence in which several people were killed. Now, nobody wants to be caught unawares.
Worried by the situation, the Commissioner of Police on election duty in the state, Mr. Dan’Azumi Doma, assured the people that there was no cause for alarm, as the police have made adequate security arrangement to handle any possible threat to lives and properties.
Doma said in a telephone chat with The Nation “The police are on red alert and I advise the people to return home because there is no cause for alarm.”
There was however, no report of violence in any part of the city, a development that made the people who earlier fled in the morning, to return home in the evening.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/4877-panic-in-kano-over-osama.html
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by aloyemeka1: 12:55am On May 03, 2011
Didn't  I call Jonathan since morning and tell him to watch them amajiris because they will surely strike Southerners over Osama?. What is wrong with GEJ?.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 12:56am On May 03, 2011
These ppl must be crazy. How low will they go with their Arab identity?

What's Nigeria got to do with Osama?

What nonsense.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by mamagee3(f): 1:20am On May 03, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Didn't I call Jonathan since morning and tell him to watch them amajiris because they will surely strike Southerners over Osama?. What is wrong with GEJ?.
GEJ is crazy in every sense of the word!
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by mbatuku1: 1:32am On May 03, 2011
Smart folks!

But, bleep, I wouldn't live in a city like that for a zillion dollars. How many times will I keep running with my family whenever there's some crazy news from around the world? SMH,
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Odunnu: 2:50am On May 03, 2011
". . .but no violence. . . " Didnt you read that? The police is alert. Hopefully, a mob with sticks and matchetes wont overpower them.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Jakumo(m): 5:12am On May 03, 2011
Ha ha ha "Running Helter Skelter for their DEAR lives."   

Why must they always run in helter skelter fashion, when a straight line would be more sensible mode of scampering , and also why must the running always be for their "DEAR" lives  ?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:56am On May 04, 2011
Jakumo:

Why must they always run in helter skelter fashion, when a straight line would be more sensible mode of scampering , and also why must the running always be for their "DEAR" lives  ?

lol
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by vladimiros: 12:59am On May 04, 2011
wait so Osama is killed in Pakistan

and this alhamajiris or whatever still complain?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by shotster50(m): 1:19am On May 04, 2011
Jakumo:

Literary license at its finest lol
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 8:29am On May 04, 2011
Plz, stop blaming our Arabain "brothers".

I put the blame on the feet of the guy(s) who imagined the devilish idea of "one" Nigeria.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 8:40am On May 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

These ppl must be crazy. How low will they go with their Arab identity?

What's Nigeria got to do with Osama?

What nonsense.

it was more paranoia on the side of the non-northern muslims, the north is not in a state of mourning and i doubt there would have been reprisal attacks on anyone, some people were paranoid for nothing undecided
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 8:40am On May 04, 2011
Odunnu:

". . .but no violence. . . " Didnt you read that? The police is alert. Hopefully, a mob with sticks and matchetes wont overpower them.
Jakumo:

Why must they always run in helter skelter fashion, when a straight line would be more sensible mode of scampering , and also[b] why must the running always be for their "DEAR" lives  ?
[/b]

ROFLMAO. . .una no go kill pesin with laugh here.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Sarahluv(f): 10:06am On May 04, 2011
namfav:

it was more paranoia on the side of the non-northern muslims, the north is not in a state of mourning and i doubt there would have been reprisal attacks on anyone, some people were paranoid for nothing  undecided

Easy for you to say; you would never be a target when the killing starts.

For those that have forgotten, too young to remember, or too young to have realized it then, the links below are the reasons why the Southerners have to preempt the actions of fanatics

http://allafrica.com/stories/200110180440.html

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/octoberweb-only/10-29-44.0.html
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 10:38am On May 04, 2011
Sarahluv:

Easy for you to say; you would never be a target when the killing starts.

For those that have forgotten, too young to remember, or too young to have realized it then, the links below are the reasons why the Southerners have to preempt the actions of fanatics

Northern fanatics kill 122 people in Kano over Bin Laden- 2001

Murderers kill over 100 in support of Bin Laden - 2001

give one person who was killed now because of his death?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Sarahluv(f): 11:23am On May 04, 2011
^^^^

I do not need to. If you read my post, you would notice that I said "the links below are the reasons why the Southerners have to preempt the actions of fanatics".
So your question is irrelevant.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by caringchi(f): 11:29am On May 04, 2011
namfav:

give one person who was killed now because of his death?

u sound like u are one of those murderers!

she gave a reference (her link), and u still attack her.

i dont blame people for running for dear life.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by namfav(m): 11:35am On May 04, 2011
i ask her to give one person who was killed because of usama's death and i sound like a murder and i attack her, oh dear im sorry if that's what you think of nrotherners as nothing but blood thirsty individuals
caringchi:

u sound like u are one of those murderers!

she gave a reference (her link), and u still attack her.

i dont blame people for running for dear life.

none of your links work, and even if it were true why should you run for something which happened 10 years ago, and people expect there to be change and trust when there is still paranoia, usama was not our leader
Sarahluv:

^^^^

I do not need to. If you read my post, you would notice that I said "the links below are the reasons why the Southerners have to preempt the actions of fanatics".
So your question is irrelevant.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by ayomifull(f): 1:07pm On May 04, 2011
Bintus2much:

Panic in Kano over Osama

As the news hit into the city, non-indigenes living in violence-prone areas fled their homes to take refuge in military and police barracks.

why will anyone be living in violence prone area?
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by ayomifull(f): 1:18pm On May 04, 2011
Jakumo:

why did i read this while drinking? almost got my shirt soaked. Jakumo dont get me sacked from work o, havent laughed this much in a long time.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Obiagu1(m): 1:39pm On May 04, 2011
ayomifull:

why will anyone be living in violence prone area?

It's the Yorubas, when they are threatened, they run to Sabon Gari for the Igbo to protect them. When they are killed, they deny their brothers.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by texazzpete(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's the Yorubas, when they are threatened, they run to Sabon Gari for the Igbo to protect them. When they are killed, they deny their brothers.

You're truly your father's son.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by kayalcomp: 2:22pm On May 04, 2011
what causes crises most of the time is lack of elightenment (ILLITRACY) on the parts of the youths. So let the elites among them try to be informing their illitrate collague well , when issue like this arise.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 04, 2011
Fear and panic because of death of a foreign terrorist? This is pure nonsense.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by asadss: 2:39pm On May 04, 2011
why ist that you southernan alwayz spreading wrong information, i was in Kano yesterday people are own their own afraid and move to some places that they think is safer for them incase, but their is no rumous in any part of kano about violence because of bin laden death.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by chopper(m): 2:46pm On May 04, 2011
Anybody that coughs in Kan should be gunned down. No sentiments and no mercy!!!
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 04, 2011
Northerners should be-careful from the way they embrace terrorism
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 04, 2011
dnt knw wot to write.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by inyass123(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2011
This site is biased. Why the hatred on notherners when nothing happened. GOD SAVE US
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by otukpo(f): 3:10pm On May 04, 2011
some people will always type rubbish.
Maybe it makes them feel good.
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by johnjoel(m): 3:14pm On May 04, 2011
shocked undecided[sub][/sub]
[sup][/sup][pre][/pre][left][/left][center][/center][i][/i][color=#550000][/color]
Re: Panic In Kano Over Osama's Death by segunjowo(m): 3:24pm On May 04, 2011
God will save us from those islamic extremists.
The blame is on those Leaders/Elites up north who failed to educate their wards leaving the Almajiris to terrorise Nigerian.
God is watching, shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Reacts To The Protest By Pensioners / FG Vows To Secure Leah Sharibu’s Release / IMF Says Nigerian Government Dependent On Expensive Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.